PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Obliterator.

druid91
2013-11-14, 04:28 PM
So, I'm going off half remembered rules but IIRC, any item can be made as a warforged component for no additional cost, and a slotless component for double. I made a character based off of this once so I know that part... I also recalled there was a class feature or something that allowed one to integrate warforged components into non-warforged constructs.

Hence the idea. Effigy giant with enchanted bombards, crossbows and stuff implanted into it with slotless warforged components. (Though the original idea was an effigy dragon with a self reloading heavy bombard replacing the lost breath weapon.)

I realize it would only be able to attack with a few per round, due to only having one standard action. But could someone correct me if I'm misremembering the rules here?

unseenmage
2013-11-14, 04:45 PM
Embedded Warforged Components (ECS268)

I'm with you right up until the part where you can put Warforged Components into other Constructs.

Which is an idea that intrigues me. I didn't know it could be done.

druid91
2013-11-14, 04:54 PM
Embedded Warforged Components (ECS268)

I'm with you right up until the part where you can put Warforged Components into other Constructs.

Which is an idea that intrigues me. I didn't know it could be done.

This was a while ago, the character was an Artificer/Renegade Mastermaker that'd been redone to require, and give me, infusions instead of spells, but was otherwise the same.

unseenmage
2013-11-14, 05:06 PM
This was a while ago, the character was an Artificer/Renegade Mastermaker that'd been redone to require, and give me, infusions instead of spells, but was otherwise the same.

From what I can see Renegade Mastermaker only allows you to Embed Components into yourself with it's class ability.

Perhaps if one PAO a Construct into a Warforged then Embedded the Components then changed them back?

druid91
2013-11-14, 05:21 PM
From what I can see Renegade Mastermaker only allows you to Embed Components into yourself with it's class ability.

Perhaps if one PAO a Construct into a Warforged then Embedded the Components then changed them back?

Strange, in any case, the only reason for using the effigies was for size, so as to fit something like bombards into the creature and not break physics. :P

unseenmage
2013-11-14, 05:27 PM
Strange, in any case, the only reason for using the effigies was for size, so as to fit something like bombards into the creature and not break physics. :P

In that case I wonder if you could instead use Warforged Titans. the fluff matches up well enough.
There's also a Warforged Dragon in a 4E adventure that could be converted easily enough. Both should give you the size you need while allowing Embedded Components.

Edit: It just occured to me that with the 'Constructs are Magic Items' rules interpretation in place one could potentially use a Warforged character as an Embedded Warforged Component in a larger Warforged Construct.
The oddness of that idea tickles me.