PDA

View Full Version : [3.0/3.5] Iainjutsu Master build help (And a few questions).

MizuDevil
2013-11-14, 04:33 PM
Recently I decided to create a character with a class Iainjutsu Master . At the moment I have this stats and Feats:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=707794
I decided multiclass Swashbuckler with Samurai , because I thought it would be not bad gain skills as well as damage from intelligence and armor at Iainjutsu master level.
* Immediately I want to ask a question , if you take the weapon in both hands , it is increase damage from strenght and intelegense 1.5 , or increase damage from Intelligence is 1 -to-1 ? Since I wanted to take a katana and then beat it with two hands .
* Just to clarify, if I take Feat Weapon Focus ( Katana ) , and I'll use it in two hands, like Martial Veapon (From Rules), will I get +1 on attack roll, or not ( If I'm not mistaken, the Weapon Fotsus chooses Simple, Martial , and Ekotits ? ) ?
* Also, there is a question about Iaiyutsu Master , is he strikes two strikes AoP ( As with his 8 level)? Also Iainjutsu master can make surprise attack, and will I with my opponent roll Initiative after that, or he will attack after my surprise round?

From Feats I taked Metabolism to heal myself, other Feats are for Iaijutsu master Requests. At 9 Level I want to take Flick of the Wrist, to drow Wakizashi and make full attack action (After my attack, if I were 1 in initiative).

Also at high levels I want to take Karmic Strike (If I don`t mistake, I take only -4 to AC and make AoP if enemy attack me in melee?) and Mercurial Strike, just in the and of the turn drop my Weapon (I have only discription of this Feat, but cant find book).
If you can help me with build, It would be great.

JaronK
2013-11-14, 05:57 PM
* Immediately I want to ask a question , if you take the weapon in both hands , it is increase damage from strenght and intelegense 1.5 , or increase damage from Intelligence is 1 -to-1 ? Since I wanted to take a katana and then beat it with two hands .

The Int bonus would only be 1 to 1.

* Just to clarify, if I take Feat Weapon Focus ( Katana ) , and I'll use it in two hands, like Martial Veapon (From Rules), will I get +1 on attack roll, or not ( If I'm not mistaken, the Weapon Fotsus chooses Simple, Martial , and Ekotits ? ) ?

Weapon Focus takes a specific weapon and gives you a +1 to hit with it. If you chose Katana, you'll get +1 to hit whenever you wield a Katana, regardless of the number of hands used.

* Also, there is a question about Iaiyutsu Master , is he strikes two strikes AoP ( As with his 8 level)?

I don't understand what you're trying to ask here. The ability lets you make two strikes with one attack, effectively, doubling your damage.

Also Iainjutsu master can make surprise attack, and will I with my opponent roll Initiative after that, or he will attack after my surprise round?

When you attack in the surprise round, that's a free attack. You then both roll initiative to see who goes next (you could potentially go again).

You might consider using Factotum, as it goes very well with Iaijutsu Master (mostly because of the level 8 ability). Swashbuckler 3/Factotum 8/Warblade 1/Iaijutsu Master 8 is a devastatingly powerful build.

JaronK

Irk
2013-11-14, 07:40 PM
I think that the best thing to do w/ iaijatsu is to have gnome quickrazors, get sapphire nightmare blade and acrobatic backstab, then tumble over to an opponent, hit with you off hand through backstab then use you standard to activate sapphire nightmare blade.

also a +10 item of iaijatsu is only 10k

Feint's End
2013-11-15, 10:15 AM
I don't understand what you're trying to ask here. The ability lets you make two strikes with one attack, effectively, doubling your damage.

Only on a standard action though so no doubling your overall damage. It's intended to be used in surprise round where you can only take one action.