PDA

View Full Version : Rogue feat

ImaDeadMan
2013-11-14, 07:18 PM
Just a quick question, what is the feat rogues can take that allows them to reroll ones on your sneak attack roll?

Karnith
2013-11-14, 07:28 PM
It's called Deadly Precision, and it's on the SRD here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#deadlyPrecision).

Ravens_cry
2013-11-14, 07:37 PM
It's called Deadly Precision, and it's on the SRD here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#deadlyPrecision).
How in all hells is that a psionic feat?:smallconfused:

Karnith
2013-11-14, 07:40 PM
How in all hells is that a psionic feat?:smallconfused:
Well, it's not; it's a general feat. But it was originally printed in the XPH, and hence is in the psionic section of the SRD, much like the similarly un-psionic Stand Still (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#standStill).

Now why it was printed in the XPH when it's not related to psionics at all, I have no idea.

Darrin
2013-11-14, 07:45 PM
Bracers of Murder (8000 GP, Drow of the Underdark) is a better deal. Reroll 1's and a +2 profane damage bonus vs flat-footed targets.

geekintheground
2013-11-14, 08:03 PM
am i missing something? it doesnt have a prereq of "sneak attack as a class feature" or anything like that?

Ravens_cry
2013-11-14, 08:14 PM
am i missing something? it doesnt have a prereq of "sneak attack as a class feature" or anything like that?
No, though it's rather useless if you don't, though I guess you could take it if you were wanting to take a sneak attack granting class later or if you were getting it from an intermittent source.

geekintheground
2013-11-14, 08:24 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of factotum. since his cunning strike is "sneak attack damage" i think it would count

Ravens_cry
2013-11-14, 08:27 PM
i was thinking more along the lines of factotum. since his cunning strike is "sneak attack damage" i think it would count
I don't see why not.

Curmudgeon
2013-11-14, 10:20 PM
If you do the math, you'll see that Deadly Precision is a much poorer feat than Craven (Champions of Ruin, page 17). Craven gives +1 point of sneak attack per character level. Deadly Precision only adds about +0.21 points of sneak attack per character level (+2.5 extra points on average but only on 1/6th of die rolls, when you get one die per 2 character levels).

Ravens_cry
2013-11-14, 10:28 PM
If you do the math, you'll see that Deadly Precision is a much poorer feat than Craven (Champions of Ruin, page 17). Craven gives +1 point of sneak attack per character level. Deadly Precision only adds about +0.21 points of sneak attack per character level (+2.5 extra points on average but only on 1/6th of die rolls, when you get one die per 2 character levels).
No reason you can't take both.

Zombulian
2013-11-14, 10:35 PM

But what if you get both?!?!?

ImaDeadMan
2013-11-14, 11:20 PM
You could take both feats and save the bracer slot for a high level magic item :smallbiggrin:

Curmudgeon
2013-11-14, 11:26 PM
But what if you get both?!?!?
Then you'll have spent a second feat to get about 1/5th more benefit than you got with the first feat.

Ravens_cry
2013-11-14, 11:44 PM
Then you'll have spent a second feat to get about 1/5th more benefit than you got with the first feat.
While it doesn't add as much to each throw, adds considerably to throws that everyone hates, lots of ones. Plus, it scales with level. I wouldn't call it a bad feat for what it does.

Cog
2013-11-14, 11:54 PM
Just as a point of comparison, if you have 5d6 worth of sneak attack, Deadly Precision is roughly the equivalent of Weapon Specialization, trading weapon specificity for precision damage immunities. Weapon Specialization is usually regarded pretty poorly.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-14, 11:59 PM
I'd go with the bracers. Feats are a lot rarer than gold pieces, and the MIC (I think?) has rules for combining effects if there's something else you need in your arms slot.