PDA

View Full Version : The Seer- an Alex Verus wannabe (Fixed-list Caster Project), 3.5, PEACH

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-14, 07:55 PM
Hello, playground! In the triplicate name of Balance, Simplicity, and Fun, I have set myself to a challenge: to finish the job WotC began and to create fixed-list casters (like the Beguiler and Dread Necromancer) to cover all aspects of magic. Up first, we have... the Seer! (And some Beguiler tweaks)

Up first... The Seer

Hit Die: d6

Skills: The Seer's class skills are Appraise, Balance, Concentration, Craft, Disable Device, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Knowledge (All), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Tumble, UMD
Skill Points at First Level: (4+Int Mod) x4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4+Int Mod

Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
0 lv
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th

1st
+0
+0
+2
+2
Foresight, Collected Knowledge, Armored Mage, Trapfinding
—
—
—
—
—
—
—
—

2nd
+1
+0
+3
+3
Planned Dodge
—
—
—
—
—
—
—
—

3rd
+2
+1
+3
+3
Uncanny Dodge, Planned Attack
—
—
—
—
—
—
—

4th
+3
+1
+4
+4
Eclectic Learning
—
—
—
—
—
—
—

5th
+3
+1
+4
+4
Always Prepared
—
—
—
—
—
—

6th
+4
+2
+5
+5
Eclectic Learning
—
—
—
—
—
—

7th
+5
+2
+5
+5
Improved Uncanny Dodge
—
—
—
—
—

8th
+6/+1
+2
+6
+6
Eclectic Learning
—
—
—
—
—

9th
+6/+1
+3
+6
+6
Perfected Dodge
—
—
—
—

10th
+7/+2
+3
+7
+7
Eclectic Learning
—
—
—
—

11th
+8/+3
+3
+7
+7
Planned Step
—
—
—

12th
+9/+4
+4
+8
+8
Eclectic Learning
—
—
—

13th
+9/+4
+4
+8
+8
Looking Ahead
—
—

14th
+10/+5
+4
+9
+9
Eclectic Learning
—
—

15th
+11/+6/+1
+5
+9
+9
Expect the Unexpected
—

16th
+12/+7/+2
+5
+10
+10
Eclectic Learning
—

17th
+12/+7/+2
+5
+10
+10
Winds of Fate

18th
+13/+8/+3
+6
+11
+11
Eclectic Learning

19th
+14/+9/+4
+6
+11
+11
Planned Action

20th
+15/+10/+5
+6
+12
+12
Perfect Prediction

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: A Seer is proficient with all simple weapons, all light martial weapons, and the rapier, shortbow, whip, and hand crossbow. Seers are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

Spells: A Seer casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the Seer spell list below. When He gains access to a new level of spells, he automatically knows all the spells for that level on the Seer's spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. Essentially, his spell list is the same as his spells known list. He also has the option of adding to his existing spell list through his Ecclectic Learning class feature (see below) as he increases in level.

To cast a Seer spell, a Seer must have an Intelligence score of 10 + the spell's level (Int 10 for 0-level spells, Int 11 for 1st-level spells, and so forth). The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Seer's spell is 10 + the spell's level + the Seer's Int modifier. Like other spellcasters, a Seer can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. The base daily spell allotment is given on the table above. In addition, he receives bonus spells for a high Intelligence score (PH 8).

A Seer need not prepare spells in advance. He can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he has not yet used up his spells per day for that spell level.

Foresight (Su): A Seer's magic is always working, always peeking ahead at the future, always giving its user a minor edge. A Seer begins each day with a number of Foresight Points equal to one-half his level plus his Intelligence Modifier. As an immediate action, he may sacrifice one of his spells per day to gain a number of Foresight Points equal to the level of the spell sacrificed. These points may be spent in a variety of ways:

When making a skill check, ability check, saving throw, attack roll, or damage roll, a Seer may expend one Foresight Point as a free action to gain an insight bonus to that roll equal to his Intelligence Modifier.
As an immediate action, a Seer may expend one Foresight Point to gain an Insight bonus to AC equal to his Intelligence Modifier against one attack.

Collected Knowledge (Ex): Over the course of his career, a Seer learns innumerable secrets and random pieces of lore. This ability functions as Bardic Knowledge, and counts as Bardic Knowledge for the purposes of feats, prestige classes, and so on.

Armored Mage (Ex): Normally, armor of any type interferes with an arcane spellcaster's gestures, which can cause your spells to fail if those spells have a somatic component. A Seer's limited focus and specialized training, however, allow him to avoid any chance of arcane spell failure as long as he restricts himself to light armor. This training does not extend to any other form of armor, nor does this ability apply to spells gained from other spellcasting classes.

Trapfinding: Seers can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20. Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden. Finding a magic trap has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.

Seers can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. A magic trap typically has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create it.

A Seer who beats a trap's DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check can study a trap, figure out how it works, and bypass it (with his allies) without disarming it.

Planned Dodge (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, a Seer may, as an immediate action, expend one Foresight Point to gain the benefits of the Evasion class feature (as the rogue) for until the start of his next turn. This ability counts as Evasion for the purposes of feats, prestige classes, and so on.

Planned Attack (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, a Seer's ability to see the future enables him to plan out an attack a hundred times, a thousand times in advance. As a standard action, he may expend one Foresight Point to make a planned attack. He makes a single melee or ranged attack with an insight bonus to attack equal to his Intelligence modifier. If it hits, it deals bonus damage equal to 1d6 per Seer level.

Uncanny Dodge (Su): Starting at 4th level, a Seer can react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

If a Seer already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Eclectic Learning: At 4th level, and every subsequent even-numbered level, a Seer learns one spell from the Sorcerer/Wizard list. If the spell is from the divination school, he learns it at its normal level. If it is not, he learns it one level higher than normal. He must be able to cast the spell at its adjusted level in order to learn it.

Always Prepared (Ex): Knowing what the future will hold makes planning a whole lot easier. Beginning at 5th level, a Seer almost always has the right tool for the job somewhere on their person.

Whenever he has access to a market or similar place of commerce, a Seer may spend any amount of gold, adding it to a sort of trust fund. At any one time, this fund cannot exceed 1000 gold per Seer level. As a move action, he may expend one Foresight Point to spend up to 200 gold per Seer level to purchase a single item, such as a scroll or vial of acid, at its full market price. Items produced in this fashion may be deposited back into the fund— they are lost, but two-thirds of their market price is added to the fund.

This ability only functions if the Seer has access to his own storage space— pockets, backpacks, saddlebags, and so on. The DM may veto rare or otherwise unavailable items, in which case this ability is not considered used— neither action nor Foresight point nor gold is expended.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Su): A Seer of 7th level or higher can no longer be flanked.

This defense denies a rogue the ability to sneak attack the Seer by flanking him, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target does.

If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rogue level required to flank the character.

Perfected Dodge (Su): Beginning at 9th level, a Seer may, as an immediate action, expend two Foresight Points to gain the benefits of the Improved Evasion class feature (as the rogue) for until the start of his next turn. This ability counts as Improved Evasion for the purposes of feats, prestige classes, and so on.

Planned Step (Su): Beginning at 11th level, a Seer may, as an immediate action, spend three Foresight Points to take a move action.

Looking Ahead (Su): Beginning at 13th level, a Seer who would provoke an attack of opportunity for any reason may spend one Foresight Point. He does not provoke that attack of opportunity.

Expect the Unexpected (Su): Beginning at 15th level, a Seer is never surprised. He may act normally during surprise rounds, and he gains a bonus to initiative rolls equal to his Seer level plus his Intelligence modifier.

Winds of Fate (Su): Beginning at 17th level, a Seer's powers of prediction have grown so strong that he sometimes has trouble telling what's real and what's a vision. As an immediate action, he may spend five Foresight Points to cause a character to reroll one die roll they just made. If the target is unwilling, they may make a Will save with a DC of 10 + 1/2 level + Intelligence Modifier to resist.

Planned Action (Su): Beginning at 19th level, a Seer may, as an immediate action, spend five Foresight Points to take a standard action.

Perfect Prediction (Su): Beginning at 20th level, a Seer may spend five Foresight Points and designate a single target. For the next minute, he knows exactly what that target is going to do on his next turn. In essence, at any point in the duration, his player may ask the DM what the target is going to do, and how taking this action will affect things.

In addition, once per day he may spend ten Foresight Points in order to receive a completely true and unambiguous prophecy.

Seer Spells

Level 0 Seer Spells

Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
Guidance: +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.
Light: Object shines like a torch.
Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.

1st Level Seer Spells

Comprehend Languages: You understand all spoken and written languages.
Critical Strike (SpC): For 1 round you gain +1d6 damage, doubled threat range, and +4 on attack rolls to confirm critical threats.
Detect Secret Doors: Reveals hidden doors within 60 ft.
Detect Undead: Reveals undead within 60 ft.
Guided Shot (SpC): You ignore distance, cover, concealment penalties with your ranged attacks for 1 round.
Identify(M): Determines properties of magic item.
Instant Locksmith (SpC): Make Disable Device or Open Lock check at +2 as free action.
Low-Light Vision (SpC): See twice as far as a human in poor illumination.
Master’s Touch (SpC): You gain proficiency in a weapon or shield touched for 1 minute/level.
Nerveskitter (SpC): Subject gains +5 bonus on initiative checks.
Omen of Peril(F) (SpC): You know how dangerous the future will be.
Spontaneous Search (SpC): Instantly Search area as if having taken 10.
Targeting Ray (SpC): You and allies are +1 to hit/3 levels against subject
True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.

2nd Level Seer Spells

Arcane Sight: Magical auras become visible to you.
Augury (M,F): Learns whether an action will be good or bad.
Chain of Eyes (SpC): See through other creatures’ eyes.
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance: Hear or see at a distance for 1 min./level.
Darkvision: See 60 ft. in total darkness.
Detect Thoughts: Allows “listening” to surface thoughts.
Discern Shapechanger(M) (SpC): Penetrates disguises and identifies shapechanging creatures.
Divine Insight (SpC): You gain insight bonus of 5 + caster level on one single skill check.
Locate Object: Senses direction toward object (specific or type).
Marked Object (SpC): You gain bonus to track a specific being.
Misdirection: Misleads divinations for one creature or object.
Obscure Object: Masks object against scrying.
See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
Undetectable Alignment: Conceals alignment for 24 hours.
Zone of Truth: Subjects within range cannot lie.

3rd Level Seer Spells

Anticipate Teleportation(F) (SpC): Predict and delay the arrival of creatures teleporting into range by 1 round.
Circle Dance (SpC): Indicates direction to known individual.
Deeper Darkvision (SpC): Subject can see 90 ft. in magical darkness.
Dispel Magic: Cancels spells and magical effects.
Divination(M): Provides useful advice for specific proposed actions.
Interplanar Message (SpC): You send a short mental message that can reach a subject regardless of planar boundaries.
Invisibility Purge (SpC): Dispels invisibility within 5 ft./level.
Know Opponent (SpC): Learn strengths and weaknesses of foe.
Know Vulnerabilities (SpC): Determine subject’s vulnerabilities and resistances.
Nondetection(M): Hides subject from divination, scrying.
Obscure Object: Masks object against scrying.
Scrying(F): Spies on subject from a distance.
Speak with Dead: Corpse answers one question/two levels.
Telepathic Bond, Lesser (SpC): Link with subject within 30 ft. for 10 minutes/level.
Tongues: Speak any language.

4th Level Seer Spells

Arcane Eye: Invisible floating eye moves 30 ft./round.
Darkvision, Mass: As darkvision, but affects one/ level subjects.
Detect Scrying: Alerts you of magical eavesdropping.
Discern Lies: Reveals deliberate falsehoods.
Know Vulnerabilities (SpC): Determine subject’s vulnerabilities and resistances.
Locate Creature: Indicates direction to familiar creature.
Tongues: Speak any language.
Treasure Scent (SpC): You detect valuable metals and gems.

5th Level Seer Spells

Commune(X): Deity answers one yes-or-no question/level.
Contact Other Plane: Lets you ask question of extraplanar entity.
Mage’s Private Sanctum: Prevents anyone from viewing or scrying an area for 24 hours.
Prying Eyes: 1d4 +1/level floating eyes scout for you.
Sending: Delivers short message anywhere, instantly.
Telepathic Bond: Link lets allies communicate.
True Seeing(M): Lets you see all things as they really are.

6th Level Seer Spells

Analyze Dweomer(F): Reveals magical aspects of subject.
Anticipate Teleportation, GreaterF (SpC): Predict and delay the arrival of creatures teleporting into range by 3 rounds.
Contingency(F): Sets trigger condition for another spell.
Find the Path: Shows most direct way to a location.
Hide the Path(F) (SpC): Area warded against divinations.
Interplanar Telepathic Bond (SpC): Link lets allies communicate across planes.
Legend Lore(M,F): Lets you learn tales about a person, place, or thing.
Probe Thoughts (SpC): Read subject’s memories, one question/round.
Scrying, Greater: As scrying, but faster and longer.

7th Level Seer Spells

Arcane Sight, Greater: As arcane sight, but also reveals magic effects on creatures and objects.
Brain Spider (SpC): Eavesdrop on thoughts of up to eight other creatures.
Vision(M,X): As legend lore, but quicker and strenuous.

8th Level Seer Spells

Discern Location: Reveals exact location of creature or object.
Moment of Prescience: You gain insight bonus on single attack roll, check, or save.
Prying Eyes, Greater: As prying eyes, but eyes have true seeing.

9th Level Seer Spells

Eye of Power (SpC): As arcane eye, but you can cast spells of 3rd level or lower through it.
Foresight: “Sixth sense” warns of impending danger.
Hindsight(M) (SpC): You see into the past.
Replicate Casting (SpC): Duplicate observed spell or spell-like ability.
Time Stop: You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.

Italicized spells have had their level adjusted.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-24, 11:01 PM
Simplified his Always Prepared ability, consolidated posts, and re-purposed the thread now that the Bard has gotten his own.

ngilop
2013-12-01, 11:26 PM
I lovethe idea of a specialized divination based caster!

I really think the whole limited list mini wizards ( warmage/beguiler and dread necro) were genuis ideas and what the wizard should have been early on. for 3rd ed at least

I have no idea who alex verus is, and that is actually the reason i didn't post here when it first came up. I was confused and I did not think that I would be able to effectivly critique this when its trying to be some move/game/novel/comic/any other sort of media character whom im 100% ignorant about.

Foresight: cool ability.. i enjoy the dual resource idea on some classes provided it works (take a look at my Red Vindicator fix where i use Ki powers) and you hit the nail on the head.. id increase it at certain intervals though.. a 1st level seer is not going to have much less than a 20th level starting out--barring spell sacrifice of course.

collected knowledge: Cool. I like that a class about knwoing stuff gets a 'hey i know stuff' ability that is NOT spell related

always prepared: seems a bit wonky to me.. its a pre-empiive imma buy X cuz i might need it?

Planned action: Id knock it down to say.. 16th level and give them perma foresight as teh capstone

Id give them the ability to cast Augury X times per day as a spell like ability.. maybe once+int mod?

I think the spell list could use a few more spells some protective spells and maybe a buff or two

Grod_The_Giant
2013-12-01, 11:44 PM
I have no idea who alex verus is, and that is actually the reason i didn't post here when it first came up. I was confused and I did not think that I would be able to effectivly critique this when its trying to be some move/game/novel/comic/any other sort of media character whom im 100% ignorant about.
Hmm, maybe that's why I got no responses? In any case, they're great urban fantasy books and you should read 'em-- the main character is a diviner/rouge type who provided a lot of inspiration for how to make a class like this work.

Foresight: cool ability.. i enjoy the dual resource idea on some classes provided it works (take a look at my Red Vindicator fix where i use Ki powers) and you hit the nail on the head.. id increase it at certain intervals though.. a 1st level seer is not going to have much less than a 20th level starting out--barring spell sacrifice of course.
I guess there's no harm in throwing a little scaling in there, aye.

always prepared: seems a bit wonky to me.. its a pre-empiive imma buy X cuz i might need it?
Pretty much. The idea is to let you play that guy who uses his magic intelligently to predict what's going to happen without actually having to be that guy in real life.

Planned action: Id knock it down to say.. 16th level and give them perma foresight as teh capstone
When you get it, it's Celerity plus, since there's no dazing, for the effective cost of a 5th level spell. I'm pretty hesitant about allowing that anywhere given how broken the real spell is... and...

Id give them the ability to cast Augury X times per day as a spell like ability.. maybe once+int mod?
I don't want to give out class features that duplicate spells they already can cast normally... especially the ones that were totally on their list the whole time, I swear, it must have just been hiding behind that other guy... <shifty eyes>

I think the spell list could use a few more spells some protective spells and maybe a buff or two
Maybe... but I'm trying to stick pretty thematically close with these classes, and I had some trouble thinking up good, appropriate buffs. If you've got any suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em...

ngilop
2013-12-02, 01:01 AM
if you feel that giving celerity plus is a bit powerful.. you can alwasy up the cost of the powe to say.. 7 foresight points?

that way now the seer has to weigh the pros and cons of giving up a 7th level spell.

as for extra spells.. heres what I can see a seer using, LOL is that punny?

From Player's Handbook
1st - Alarm, Detect Chaos/Good?Evil/Law, Protection from Chaos?Good/Evil/Law
2nd - Knock, Resist Energy, Status
3rd - Good Hope, Haste, Locate Object, Keen Edge, Magic Circle against Chaos/Good/Evil/Law, Slow
4th -
5th - Break Enchantment, Dream, Scrying, Telekenesis
6th - Anti Magic Field, Greater Dispel Magic, Eyebite, Viel
7th - Greater Scrying
8th - Mind Blank, Protection from Spells
9th - Astral Projection

From Spell Compendium
1st - Appraising Touch, Cheat, Ebon Eyes, Improvisation, Inhibit, Insightful Feint, Luminous Gaze, Resurgence
2nd - Aiming at the Target, Battle Hymn, Chain of Eyes, Tactical Precision,
3rd - Analyze Portal, Blindsight, Luck, Mass Resurgence, Tremorsense
4th - Greater Blindsight, Mass Darkvision, Ray Deflection
5th - Make Manifest
6th - Dream Casting, Imperious Glare, Opalescent Glare
7th - Evil Glare, Fortunate Fate, Mass Make Manifest
9th - Hindsight

JKTrickster
2013-12-02, 01:03 AM
I really like this project! I'm definitely keeping an eye out for it!

Just wondering do you plan on "adjusting" the Warmage/Beguiler/Dread Necromancer or will you make entirely new classes?

nonsi
2013-12-02, 02:10 AM
You've dove a really solid work here.

Only 2 things that don't sit well with me.

1. The Seer shouldn't have Tumble as class skill.

2. Eclectic Learning, allowing access to any arcane spell with just 1-level set back (9 spells, up to 8th level) is too much. Make it 2-levels set back.
It's also not clear what you mean by "a trap is disarmed".

Also, list me in as subscriber for other products of this project.

Morph Bark
2013-12-02, 04:09 AM
I don't suppose you've already told Saph about this, have you? :smalltongue:

Grod_The_Giant
2013-12-02, 09:36 AM
as for extra spells.. heres what I can see a seer using, LOL is that punny?
Some of those are already on the list. Others were at one point, but... beyond thematic limitations, I also needed to keep the size of the list down, so things like Alarm got the cut.

I really like this project! I'm definitely keeping an eye out for it!

Just wondering do you plan on "adjusting" the Warmage/Beguiler/Dread Necromancer or will you make entirely new classes?
Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.

The Dread Necro is pretty much OK. The Beguiler got a few little tweaks here, but is generally solid. Warmage... well, I rewrote the guy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219088)a few years ago, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to update it.

You've dove a really solid work here.

Only 2 things that don't sit well with me.

1. The Seer shouldn't have Tumble as class skill.
He's a rogue type. Rogues get tumble.

2. Eclectic Learning, allowing access to any arcane spell with just 1-level set back (9 spells, up to 8th level) is too much. Make it 2-levels set back.

It's also not clear what you mean by "a trap is disarmed".
In the fluff intro for Beguiler? I cut out Surprise Casting, the ability that says "hey! You know how you have a poor BAB and no damaging spells? You should get in melee with a rapier!"

Also, list me in as subscriber for other products of this project.
The Conjurer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16535079)and Bard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316124)are already out, and more are coming soon(ish)!

I don't suppose you've already told Saph about this, have you? :smalltongue:
I dunno, seems a little immodest somehow...

Waker
2014-01-05, 10:32 PM
Skills: The Seer's class skills are Appraise, Balance, Concentration, Craft, Disable Device, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Knowledge (All), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Tumble, UMD
Skill Points at First Level: (4+Int Mod) x4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4+Int Mod
Solid skill list. Since he's a guy that knows everything, maybe include Speak Language as well?

Spells: A Seer casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the Seer spell list below. When He gains access to a new level of spells, he automatically knows all the spells for that level on the Seer's spell list. He can cast any spell he knows without preparing it ahead of time. Essentially, his spell list is the same as his spells known list. He also has the option of adding to his existing spell list through his Ecclectic Learning class feature (see below) as he increases in level...
Kept it to a single stat casting, very good.

Foresight (Su): A Seer's magic is always working, always peeking ahead at the future, always giving its user a minor edge. A Seer begins each day with a number of Foresight Points equal to one-half his level plus his Intelligence Modifier. As an immediate action, he may sacrifice one of his spells per day to gain a number of Foresight Points equal to the level of the spell sacrificed. These points may be spent in a variety of ways:

When making a skill check, ability check, saving throw, attack roll, or damage roll, a Seer may expend one Foresight Point as a free action to gain an insight bonus to that roll equal to his Intelligence Modifier.
As an immediate action, a Seer may expend one Foresight Point to gain an Insight bonus to AC equal to his Intelligence Modifier against one attack.

I dig it. Nice neat little mechanic, insight bonus won't stack with itself and the option of sacrificing spells to get more points.

Collected Knowledge (Ex): Over the course of his career, a Seer learns innumerable secrets and random pieces of lore. This ability functions as Bardic Knowledge, and counts as Bardic Knowledge for the purposes of feats, prestige classes, and so on.
Knowledge is power.

Planned Dodge (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, a Seer may, as an immediate action, expend one Foresight Point to gain the benefits of the Evasion class feature (as the rogue) for until the start of his next turn. This ability counts as Evasion for the purposes of feats, prestige classes, and so on.
I like it, but have you considered going the route of Divine Oracle with their Prescient Sense? I ask because with Armored Mage the seer can qualify for Battle Caster (CArc).

Planned Attack (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, a Seer's ability to see the future enables him to plan out an attack a hundred times, a thousand times in advance. As a standard action, he may make a planned attack, a single melee or ranged attack with an insight bonus to attack equal to his Intelligence modifier, and an insight bonus to damage equal to his Intelligence modifier plus his Seer level.
I understand the need for damage boosts, but this might be a bit high with access to critical multipliers and other boosters. You don't have to turn it to precision damage, but maybe consider putting in a note about not multiplying on a crit?

Uncanny Dodge (Su): Starting at 4th level, a Seer can react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

If a Seer already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.
Makes perfect sense for the class.

Eclectic Learning: At 4th level, and every subsequent even-numbered level, a Seer learns one spell from the Sorcerer/Wizard list. If the spell is from the divination school, he learns it at its normal level. If it is not, he learns it one level higher than normal. He must be able to cast the spell at its adjusted level in order to learn it.
Cribbed it from the Warmage acf I see. Works fine and gives the seer some more options. Did you ever consider giving them access to non-wizard Divination spells?

Always Prepared (Ex): Knowing what the future will hold makes planning a whole lot easier. Beginning at 5th level, a Seer almost always has the right tool for the job somewhere on their person...
Fun skill right there. I like the boy scout motto in action.

Planned Step (Su): Beginning at 11th level, a Seer may, as an immediate action, spend three Foresight Points to take a move action.
You might want to include a note that the action still provokes an attack of opportunity as normal.

Looking Ahead (Su): Beginning at 13th level, a Seer who would provoke an attack of opportunity for any reason may spend one Foresight Point. He does not provoke that attack of opportunity.
I doubt it, but would this ability prevent Readied Actions? RAW it wouldn't, but I ask for RAI.

Superior Learning: At 13th level, and every subsequent odd-numbered level, a Seer learns one spell from the Sorcerer/Wizard list at its normal level. He must be able to cast the spell at its normal level in order to learn it.
Might be a bit much. Between this and Eclectic Learning, the seer learns an additional 12 spells, making a further mockery of the poor sorcerer. It's not bad or anything, but perhaps consider a different route like bonus feats or something else?

Planned Action (Su): At 20th level, a Seer may, as an immediate action, spend five Foresight Points to take a standard action.
Ah, the capstone ability. You get it somewhat later than a Factotum, but it still is sweet.

Overall, I think the class is pretty fun. You've got all the power of divination, without quite the full power of a wizard. I can make a few small suggestions if you ever feel the need to fill in more space or replace other stuff.
-Bonus to Initiative, perhaps a set amount determined by class level or equal to Intelligence.
-Bonus to hit when making an AoO. You knew they were going to do that after all.
-Reduce non-incorporeal miss chance. Like I need my eyes to see you.
-Reroll die x/per day. That bad roll happened in an alternate timeline.
-Act in a surprise round. You always know when your friends are planning a birthday party for you.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-05, 10:39 PM
Solid skill list. Since he's a guy that knows everything, maybe include Speak Language as well?
Good idea.

I like it, but have you considered going the route of Divine Oracle with their Prescient Sense? I ask because with Armored Mage the seer can qualify for Battle Caster (CArc).
Hmm...

I understand the need for damage boosts, but this might be a bit high with access to critical multipliers and other boosters. You don't have to turn it to precision damage, but maybe consider putting in a note about not multiplying on a crit?
Good thought.

Cribbed it from the Warmage acf I see. Works fine and gives the seer some more options. Did you ever consider giving them access to non-wizard Divination spells?
Mmm. A feat, perhaps?

You might want to include a note that the action still provokes an attack of opportunity as normal.
Sure.

I doubt it, but would this ability prevent Readied Actions? RAW it wouldn't, but I ask for RAI.
It should-- forgot about those, thanks.

Might be a bit much. Between this and Eclectic Learning, the seer learns an additional 12 spells, making a further mockery of the poor sorcerer. It's not bad or anything, but perhaps consider a different route like bonus feats or something else?
Yeah, I was running out of ideas for high-level abilities. But it seems you've given me a few more...

Ah, the capstone ability. You get it somewhat later than a Factotum, but it still is sweet.
It's amusing (in a sad sort of way) that Celerity is a perfectly fitting capstone ability.

Overall, I think the class is pretty fun. You've got all the power of divination, without quite the full power of a wizard. I can make a few small suggestions if you ever feel the need to fill in more space or replace other stuff.
Good thoughts, thanks.

Waker
2014-01-05, 10:58 PM
Mmm. A feat, perhaps?
This is a really quick feat. Would have to work on the wording later.
Esoteric Learning
Prequisite- Advanced Learning or Eclectic Learning
Benefit- When acquiring a spell from Advanced Learning or Eclectic Learning you may instead learn a spell from any spellcasting list, limited to a certain school(s) of magic. A beguiler may learn any enchantment/illusion spell, a warmage may learn any conjuration/evocation spell and a seer may learn any divination spell.

Yeah, I was running out of ideas for high-level abilities. But it seems you've given me a few more...
Have at it man. I made those suggestions for a reason.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-01-05, 11:00 PM
This is a really quick feat. Would have to work on the wording later.
Esoteric Learning
Prequisite- Advanced Learning or Eclectic Learning
Benefit- When acquiring a spell from Advanced Learning or Eclectic Learning you may instead learn a spell from any spellcasting list, limited to a certain school(s) of magic. A beguiler may learn any enchantment/illusion spell, a warmage may learn any conjuration/evocation spell and a seer may learn any divination spell.
Perhaps learning a spell from another list counts as one level higher? I'm a bit hesitant as-is; it looks like a "why would I not take this?" feat, and that's usually a bad sign.

Waker
2014-01-05, 11:09 PM
Perhaps learning a spell from another list counts as one level higher? I'm a bit hesitant as-is; it looks like a "why would I not take this?" feat, and that's usually a bad sign.

Oh I have no issue with increasing level or doing something like that. I put no more time into thinking about it than it took for me to type. Balancing issues weren't my first concern, so much as just putting out the initial idea. I suppose one of the balancing points though is that none of those aforementioned classes get all that many Advanced/Eclectic Learnings, so they wouldn't be able to get a whole pile of spells. Just broadens the choice a bit. My only concern would be classes that have early access to certain spells like Trapmaster.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-02-01, 12:08 PM
Fixed up the top end of the class with actual class features in place of "Superior Learning."