PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted - Looking for PrC!

ddude987
2013-11-14, 08:39 PM
Hello everyone,
I am currently playing a character in a campaign that is an archer via swift hunter. The base class I am is basically a gestalt of Ranger and Scout but does not have Ranger spellcasting. Because the level cap for this campaign is 10, the DM is allowing a lot of leniency with meeting prerequisites and sometimes letting people take PrC classes 2 levels at a time, for example, we squished bloodstorm blade into a 5 level PrC but it keeps all the special abilities it had.

My character, though not primarily the face of the party, my character has some aspects for social interaction. He also has skirmish damage from Scout and is a good scout with hide, move silently, spot, listen. If anyone has PrC suggestions that would be awesome. I do not know exactly what direction I want to take this character in, his combat prowess is already very good and I was hoping for more of a PrC that gives some cool abilities, but stuff that progresses skirmish (the DM will probably allow sneak attack progression to progress skirmish) is cool too, as are some archer based PrCs (though I haven't found one that is very good).

FrznTear
2013-11-15, 03:42 AM
Archer Based Prestige Classes I know of:

Deepwood Sniper (3.0, Master of the Wild) enhances range crit range and crit damage as well as other sniper-type abilities

Peerless Archer (3.0 Silver Marches) Gets partial sneak attack at full BaB and can enhance your own arrows.

Order of the Bow Initiate (3.5, Complete Warrior) Get's you Ranged precision attacks which scale well (+1d8 every two levels) the problem is that this is a standard action single attack so if you are using travel devotion or greater manyshot to get your skirmish bonus on several attacks this isn't that great.

If however you are moving and making a single attack the capstone ability increases the range on Ranged Precision to 60ft, it also says it does this for any source of sneak attack so you could ask your DM to have this apply to your skirmish as well.

Highland Stalker (3.5, Complete adventurer) Advance Skirmish at full BaB, pretty much only useful if you are using it to get Swift Hunter without going scout.

Soldier of Light (3.0, Deities and Demigods) A one level dip in this will give you turn attempts if you want to take travel devotion, Having the spell Bless Weapon can be useful to have if you come across DR/good

Cragtop Archer (3.5, Races of Stone) Take a Greatbow for 130 base range(Cadv or Cwar), make it out of Dragonbone for +20 range(Draconomincon page 117), give it the distance enchantment to double it's range (DMG), use far shot x1.5, using Cragtop Archer's Arcing shot and horizon shot you can as a full round action shoot something within 6,750 feet without penalty, hope you have a good spot check.

Doc_Maynot
2013-11-15, 03:53 AM
Chameleon or vigilante could give you some cool abilities.
And maybe consider the Improved Skirmish feat if the encounters keep calling for you to move 20ft per round

ArcturusV
2013-11-15, 04:01 AM
My favorite Archer PrC is still Anointed Knight. Least if you're in a typical "Good guy against Evil Foulness" sort of campaign. It won't progress Skirmish or Sneak Attack... but it powers up yourself and your weapon, and the bow needs as many power ups as it can. Works out well if your Ancestral Weapon is the bow (No reason not to) and being able to make it into suped up versions of Hank's Energy Bow, plus the Anointed Knight buffs like oozing Unicorn Blood, etc. Becomes pretty respectable.

hakeashar
2013-11-15, 05:49 AM
I am unsure if it fits your style or character build beyond what you have now, but you could take 2 levels in Soulblade, giving you the ability to toss whatever mind-blade melee weapon you chose, then immediately move into Soulbow (Complete Psionic, p36) .. thereby negating needing a bow at all and potentially move into TWF (speculation, not sure if it works).