PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia mk II

Korith
2007-01-10, 11:45 AM
Friends of The Computer

Your Friend The Computer would now like to provide you with the following form 3739X-2, Accusation of Treason.

To accuse another citizen of treason, please fill out the attached form.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Form 3739X-2: Accusation of Treason
Your Name: _________________
Name of the Accused: _________________
Reason for Accusation: _________________
<Attach other lines as needed>
Evidence backing Accusation: _________________
How you presently feel: (Check all that apply)
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other: _______________

The Computer Is Your Friend

The Computer is pleased with the members of this sector (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28992), but has come to believe that your particular cell not only harbours Treasonous Secret Societies, but Mutants as well!

The Computer demands a census of the cell. All inhabitants are to report immediately by posting their desire to participate.

/haxx
-=-=-=- The OOC -=-=-=-
Welcome to the second iteration of the Paranoia game! The object of the game is to overthrow the computer... unless you're part of the Secret Police, that is! When registration is complete (let's say GMT +0:00 at 11:59 PM on Friday, January 12th...that's 6:59 PM on the same day for those EST board members)

In a manner similar to Werewolf, each "day" will take a 48 hour period and each "night" will take a 24 hour one. Most activity will happen during the day, but a few lucky ones will have special abilities to use at night as well!

The basic mechanics work like this:
During the day, you are expected to do your duty as a loyal citizen and submit a form to The Computer detailing your suspicions, and the evidence you have to back it. To make things a little more interesting than last game, though, the forms will now be private. That is, you are to submit your accusation of treason to Jontom Xire and I via PM. You may be spotted going into the form office, but nobody knows what you put on the form except for The Computer. Failure to report suspicion is treason!

Many Lives:
The Computer has determined that your cell should not experience the same blood bath as the last. As such, each of you will have two clones. When you die, one of your clones automatically reactivates with *most* of your memories intact. The Computer will scrub all mutation and loyalty to secret societies when you return not that that prevents you from joining up again! In effect, each of you have 3 lives.

Wait, mutants?
It took you this long to notice? For shame! The computer needs observant citizens. Shape up, and keep your eyes peeled! Yes, indeed, mutants have infiltrated your sector. These horrible creatures sometimes don't even know of their mutation. It is your duty to cleanse your society of these abominations. Or at least, keep people from realizing that YOU are one of them, if that be the case!

List of Participants:
alec
Altharis
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Captain van der Decken
DarkCorax
DarkLightDragon
Death, your friend the Reaper
Eldritch Knight
evnafets
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
Kantur
Kyrian
Lord Magtok
Selrahc
Sketch
Slartibartfast
weebl

All Hail Friend Computer!

2007-01-10, 11:55 AM
Never did quiet understand how it worked and all, but I'll join up.

My name is Ink by the way.

Kantur
2007-01-10, 12:05 PM
I'll join.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 12:12 PM
I'm in!

I did fairly well last time, hope this'll be the same.

Cool. Mutants and Clones.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-10, 12:19 PM
I'm in! Please let me play

Weebl
2007-01-10, 12:28 PM
I'll play and actually try this time.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-10, 12:42 PM

Do you mean that "Ink" is another account of yours and you want that account to play, not this one?

Ok, here are a few hints for play, given that last game was a bit of a shambles:

1) If your role gives you special things you can do, use them to win! If you don't understand them, ask! Last game the secret police didn't use the abilities of their role at all.

2) If you are in charge of a secret society, be in charge. Last game members were being lynched by their own secret society. How you do it is up to you, but here are a few suggestions:

a) Get all cell leaders to PM the IDs of all members to you and disseminate them throughout your organisation. Pros, everyone knows everyone else so won't vote for them, and you won't lose contact with members if you lose a cell leader. Cons, if someone is a spy or dies and chooses a different secret society after re-cloning, your organisation is wide open.
b) Make sure two people in each cell know the ID of the cell leader of each cell below, and that two people in each cell know the cell controller from the cell above. Pros, less likely to lose contact with a cell (can still happen). Cons, wider dissemination of IDs increases risk of exposure.
c) Ask for recommendations from all members before voting starts each day. Choose one or two and pass them back down to be vetoed. By this way you should be able to pick a target that isn't a member of your own society. Then pass the final name back down the chain so that the whole society votes for one person.

The more in control of your secret society you are, the more likely you will win by co-ordinating votes. Also if you have mutants with useful powers, identify the chain of command to send orders to that person. Use their ability wisely. Consider promoting them to the command cell so that you can discuss options with them more easily.

3) Recruit. Each new clone is wiped free of all allegiances and no longer has to stick with their old secret society. However they will still remember who their cell members were, and maybe a cell controller too. If you recruit them you swell your army. Pass orders down the chain to a suitable bottom cell with orders to recruit them. That way if they turn out to be plannng to spy on you you lose the least.

Selrahc
2007-01-10, 01:10 PM
I'm playing again too.:smallsmile:

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 01:18 PM
I'm in!

I did fairly well last time, hope this'll be the same.

Cool. Mutants and Clones. If I'd known there were spies... :smallwink:

LONG LIVE 4TH DEGREE!

I'll play.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 01:19 PM
Long live fourth degree!

Also-

For the Blue Serpent!

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 01:21 PM
Heheh... I was (sort-of) controlling the votes of the Blue Serpent leader. If he didn't comply, he died :smallbiggrin:

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 01:24 PM
Really? Go on..

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 01:31 PM
I told him I'd get the people I knew to leave him alone as long as he left us alone and voted the way I wanted.

If we were told that there were spies among us, then I wouldn've been so trusting of those few I did trust.

This keyboard sucks. I wish my wireless one hadn't run out of battery power.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 01:43 PM
Was I one of the few? :tongue:

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 01:50 PM
Yes. Migh've been different if I'd known about spies though. Might've. looking forward to next game.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 01:52 PM
Yeah. I just hope I get an as interesting role as the last one.

Which is kind of assured, really, seeing as there was only -one- person who started off loyal to the computer. And Ink was in the secret police.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-10, 01:54 PM
I got betrayed :smallannoyed:

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-10, 02:03 PM
Yes, that seems to be a sticking point for you, doesn't it? :tongue:

Jontom Xire
2007-01-10, 02:06 PM
Well that's one problem we had. Really only the first game is the best because you don't know that there are spies. After that us guys have to keep varying it. Have some genuine citizens just because you expect there won't be any, etc. etc. However with so few players the first game sucked a bit. We're gonna keep this open and recruiting much longer.

Werewolf V is packed. Can I recommend you all please help us with recruiting. The more players the better, much more so with this game than with Werewolf.

InaVegt
2007-01-10, 02:19 PM
Sign me up

evnafets
2007-01-10, 02:25 PM
I dunno how much time I can put into this one (2 werewolves + paranoia might be too much) but I'll give it a go.

Kyrian
2007-01-10, 02:26 PM
I'll give this a try.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-10, 02:30 PM
I'll join, sign me up.

Slartibartfast
2007-01-10, 02:58 PM
I am so in. This seems (mostly) like the Paranoia RPG that went out of date a couple of centuries ago. (okay, not quite)

I don't quite understand the cell system, but that's okay. Now for random quote.

"Happiness is mandatory. If you are not happy, you will be used as reactor shielding."

((P.S. What would that time be in PST, where I happen to be? You, California and stuff))

Sketch
2007-01-10, 04:52 PM
I am here, and I wish to join this...game.. OF LIFE AND DEATH!!!!

I have spoken...

- Sketch

:P Looks very cool!!! Count me in :D

DarkCorax
2007-01-10, 05:11 PM
Sure, I'll join it looks like fun, and confusing.

2007-01-10, 06:43 PM
You know DLD, I was quiet willing to stab a few backs in that game. All I was worried about last game was out of our entire team, only one person voted. So it was a bit difficult to co-ordinate!

All praise to Selrahc.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-10, 06:46 PM
Can I join?

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-10, 06:48 PM
Ahem, I'm in, and as the only surviving (non-secret police) player, I can assure you that I'll try to make things as enjoyable as possible.

Ink
2007-01-10, 07:09 PM

You know, I always suspected that I was a split personality of Death's. Some days I wake up and wonder why I'm wearing this strange black cloak.

Altharis
2007-01-10, 10:52 PM
Must.......resist.....urge....to....play Aw, feck it. In! Walri love the computer!

alec
2007-01-10, 11:43 PM
I'll join up. Everyone loves mutant traitors!

2007-01-11, 12:13 AM
No body will notice anything mutant like about a skeleton in a cloak, nup, no mutant here.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-11, 02:19 AM
So, Ink, are you playing or not?

The list so far (for Korith's convenience):

alec
Altharis
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Captain van der Decken
DarkCorax
DarkLightDragon
Eldritch Knight
evnafets
Gezina
Gnome Barbarian
Kantur
Kyrian
Lord Magtok
Selrahc
Sketch
Slartibartfast
weebl

That's more than twice as many as last time, and in much less time! Cool! This should be a great game.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-11, 10:54 PM
oooh, should I hold an avatar contest in this one too?

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-12, 12:27 AM
oooh, should I hold an avatar contest in this one too? No. Just... No.

Gralamin
2007-01-12, 12:33 AM
I'll join in, I will serve the mighty computer!

Just in case I'm a leader:
Is their any way secret society leader can keep themselves unknown from their society? Possibly by communicating through a narrator (Though that could keep annoying...)

Do we get to set the ranks members of secret societies are before the game begins? and can we choose how many ranks their are?

So we you could have:

Leader
|
/ \
Cell Commanders
/ \ / \
Cell Lieutants
/ \ / \ / \ / \
Cell Members

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 02:13 AM
I'll join in, I will serve the mighty computer!

Just in case I'm a leader:
Is their any way secret society leader can keep themselves unknown from their society? Possibly by communicating through a narrator (Though that could keep annoying...)

Do we get to set the ranks members of secret societies are before the game begins? and can we choose how many ranks their are?

The leader is kept unknown from the rest of the secret society by only having two lieutenants who know who he is. He passes orders to the rest of the secret society through these two lieutenants. This should become obvious from the PM giving you your role when it comes.

And no the leader cannot choose the ranks and positions of their secret society members, because they don't know who they are. Each secret society member only knows their two cell mates and either the leader of the cell below or the controller of the cell they are in, assuming there is one (bottom cells don't control further cells and the command cell doesn't have a cell controller).

InaVegt
2007-01-12, 06:30 AM
Can you be a member of more than one secret society, some sort of double agent?

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 07:15 AM
Of course. Check the roster from the previous game and you'll see what roles people had. Plus in this one, especially with the clones, we're encouraging secret societies to recruit new members, so infiltrating others will be even easier.

Sketch
2007-01-12, 11:28 AM
...*sniff*... a double agent...i havent been that devious for a long time... ah the memories...*sniff*

Ink
2007-01-12, 01:37 PM
@Jontom: I think I'll sit this one out unless I meet an untimely demise in one of the werewolf games. Which is highly probable, and more likely sooner than later by the looks of it.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-12, 02:45 PM
We'll miss you, Ink. Even though you thoroughly confused me last game as you were the only true secret policemen yet you wanted the secret societies to win! Lucky for you the two spies in the secret police decided they wanted to win as secret policemen.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-12, 03:20 PM
I'm a cyborg. Will that instantly make me labeled as mutant or secret police by the others?

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-12, 03:58 PM
They didn't care about the talking cyber-llama, so I doubt it.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-12, 04:02 PM
Should I at least conceal my evil robo-claw-arm? It might accidently puncture someone's kidneys.
*Arm flies off and lands in random poster's kidney*
Like that. Oops.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-12, 04:06 PM
Ouch...*Rips out the robo-arm and hands it back to him* Good thing I took the feat regrow kidney

Lord Magtok
2007-01-12, 04:08 PM
*Takes back arm*
Sorry about that.
I'll go get that other avatar, with the less suspicious arm now.

Edit: Ok. Here it is. My hood fell off, though.

Korith
2007-01-12, 08:21 PM
Registration is now closed. Roles will be delivered over the next 24 hours.

The Computer Has Spoken

Slartibartfast
2007-01-13, 01:10 AM
End of Line

:smallbiggrin:

InaVegt
2007-01-13, 07:31 AM
Looking forward to it

(Since I'm no longer alive in werewolf V)

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-13, 09:39 AM
This should be fun.

I was TK'd in werewolf. :annoyed:
Yes, I still haven't got over it.

InaVegt
2007-01-13, 12:03 PM
So, when are we going to start?

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-13, 12:05 PM
Tomorrow at 1.21 A.M. GMT.

Apparently.

Korith
2007-01-13, 09:40 PM
Blazing red lights flare as sirens blast throughout the complex.

Over the massive overhead speaker, the familiar voice of The Computer shakes through the metals and plastics that comprise your homes.

Citizens of Complex AQY-34: Your Friend, The Computer has learned that there are treasonous mutants and at least two secret societies in your sector. You are hereby ordered to observe your fellow citizens and report any signs of treason to The Computer. Failure to comply is Treason. Mutation is Treason. Unhappiness is Treason.

Have a nice day.

(Game Start. Nightfall will be 10:00 PM EST on Monday (3:00 AM GMT on Tuesday)

Alarra
2007-01-14, 12:33 AM
aww man, you couldn't have stretched out registration 1 more day so I could play? sadness....ah well.

Slartibartfast
2007-01-14, 01:42 AM
((you missed the perfect oppertunity to quote silly Computer! The quote: "Happiness is manditory. If you are not happy, you will be used as reactor sheilding."

I will assume that we are using this thread for gameplay and no IC thread of some sort?))

Slartibartfast wakes up, and speaks to the nearest available wall. Very nice computer, I'm going back to sleep.

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 05:28 AM
Well you heard friend computer, people. You can comply or choose not to but it'll safe you a lot of trouble if you comply and search out those dangerous mutants and members of secret societies.

Altharis
2007-01-14, 06:46 AM
What! The computer tells us to hunt traitors, and you want sleep? And you! You even think of not complying? Traitors, both of you! I don't know which is worse!

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 07:49 AM
Now now, I said you can choose to comply or not, I also said I advised people to comply, do you think I wouldn't follow my own advice. I didn't even know there were mutants or secret societies here, and frankly I don't like hearing it. But I have no suspicions as of now.

DarkCorax
2007-01-14, 07:52 AM
Mutants? Secret societies? Here?
Corax looks worriedly around the assembled citizens...

Altharis
2007-01-14, 08:05 AM
You give a choice! To even give a choice indicates that you favor treason! Traitor!

Edit: OOps!

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-14, 08:27 AM
((
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Friends of The Computer

Your Friend The Computer would now like to provide you with the following form 3739X-2, Accusation of Treason.

To accuse another citizen of treason, please fill out the attached form.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Form 3739X-2: Accusation of Treason
Your Name: _________________
Name of the Accused: _________________
Reason for Accusation: _________________
Evidence backing Accusation: _________________
How you presently feel: (Check all that apply)
[ ] Avenged
[ ] Ecstatic
[ ] Enraged
[ ] Happy
[ ] Insane
[ ] Mad
[ ] Neutral
[ ] Sad
[ ] Sick
[ ] So-so
[ ] Other: _______________
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Didn't see it in this thread, thought it may help.))

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 08:37 AM
((IIRC you should PM your accusations in this game))

DarkCorax
2007-01-14, 08:38 AM
((I thought it was closed voting))

Edit: Damn! Simult!

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 08:59 AM
Looks around at the other citizens...

"Why would anyone be treasonous to the computer. He has brought us some much fun and happyness."

Kyrian
2007-01-14, 09:40 AM
((Korith, can you put that form on the first post? I don't want to have to dig it up EVERY round))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-14, 09:51 AM
I agree, Gnome Barbarian. The Computer has done nothing to harm us, and even if it did, it has every right to.
It is The Computer, and we are merely its servants.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-14, 10:36 AM
((That's how we did it last time, and I don't think it changed.))

That's obvious, of course. Why would you need to mention it?
Unless you were trying to hide something!

((Oh, and Altharis, Gezina is a she.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-14, 10:49 AM
I hide nothing.
I am merely pointing out what this for the treasonous, in the hopes my words might convert them back to serving The Computer, as they are meant to do.

Jontom Xire
2007-01-14, 11:02 AM
//OOC Make sure you PM both Korith and myself or your vote may not be counted.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 11:31 AM
"Yes Lord Magtok you do seem alittle suspicious"

He pats Lord Magtok on the shoulder

"Just kidding... you look like your getting alittle sweaty under the collar there."

((OOC:I vote we let Alarra in... if the people running the game dont mind she has been away if I remember correctly))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-14, 11:38 AM
Gnome Barbarian, I believe you should take your hand off my shoulder. I also believe you should point your finger at actual traitors, and not at one who is completely loyal to the computer.
Unless you are trying to hide some dark secret from The Computer by accusing me, you have no reason to be acting in this manner.

Also, I don't sweat.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 11:40 AM
"I said I was just joking with you getting offly defensive there buddy"

He takes a few steps away from Lord Magtok

Lord Magtok
2007-01-14, 11:45 AM
I am not on the defensive. I am merely making it clear that I hold no grudge, mistrust or hatred for The Computer. I apologize if I seemed angry with you.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 11:50 AM
"Im not angry with you but the computer wants us to be happy a little joking never hurt. Me and you are obviously on the same side of this and jsut wish to see the traitors taken down."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-14, 11:55 AM
I'm happy we both understand. I doubt this will work, but...

All Traitors come out with your hands up! The Computer already has determined the traitors in this sector! Show yourselves so The Computer may administer its rightful justice!

Think that'll flush a few of 'em out?

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 12:01 PM
"Hopefully that will work get all the traitors dead and then we can go back to living our happy lives"

Lord Magtok
2007-01-14, 12:04 PM
Shhh! Wait for them to come out and expose themselves! Don't let 'em know what I'm doing!

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 12:08 PM
Can't help but laugh

"Be very very quiet we're hunting traitors."

InaVegt
2007-01-14, 12:25 PM
Are you really that stupid to think the traitors would fall for that, they're probably at least a bit smarter.

DarkCorax
2007-01-14, 12:35 PM
Smarter than someone with the Computer (Your Friend) backing him/her? Never!

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-14, 12:36 PM
That's pretty suspicious, I must say.

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 12:39 PM
Gezina how could those traitors be smart they are fighting a losing battle with the computer.

Gralamin
2007-01-14, 01:35 PM
(Gralamin watches all this going on)

Praise the computer! He is your friend!

(Gralamin continues to watch the others)

Sketch
2007-01-14, 01:37 PM
"Ha, your attempts at flushing these traitors out digusts me. you are almost as bad as a mutant, Magtok. Huh? Who gave you the title "Lord" anyhow. I dont think the Computer would bestow any such honour upon you."

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 01:47 PM
"Well Sketch atleast he is trying to get the traitors to show themselves. You are just start trouble with Lord Magtok a good citizena nd follower of the computer."

Sketch
2007-01-14, 01:54 PM
"And what would you know? I am a happy citizen... of my own choosing because I know the computer supplies my every need"

((Do you take on your char race? for example would gnome barbarian... actualy be a Gnome?))

Gnome Barbarian
2007-01-14, 02:38 PM
"Im just saying that he is trying to ferret out some of the traitors"

((Usually yes but not in a futuristic game like this.))

evnafets
2007-01-14, 02:50 PM
Computer, as always I find my self in need of your beneficial assistance.
Can you please direct me to the correct forms I need to fill out in order to report treasonous activity?

Altharis
2007-01-14, 05:10 PM
Efnavets, from one citizen to another, you can copy my form quoted in the captain (captain of what? Suspicious....) and replace your name with mine! That is why the computer gave us that form, so we can use it flexibly and handily. And to hunt down the scum of the earth. Are you a scum of the earth?

((Sorry, gezina. Really really sorry.))

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-14, 05:14 PM
((Captain of the Flying Dutchman.. that used to be my avatar text.
I miss that.))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-14, 09:30 PM
What made anyone think I had the title "Lord?"

Sketch
2007-01-15, 04:12 PM
"The fact it's in your name, what are you trying to do eh? Mislead a loyal subject of the computer, beloved by all"

((Unless you didn't carry your name into the game))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-15, 05:04 PM
((I didn't! Hahaha!))

DarkCorax
2007-01-15, 05:05 PM
"And what has he done that goes against the computer (your Friend)? You are the one I'm suspicious about..."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-15, 09:41 PM
((When is day going to end, and night begin? I think I need to hand in my treason form soon...))

Korith
2007-01-15, 10:23 PM
Curfew begins immediately. All citizens, report to sleep chambers while The Computer considers your reports

(Everyone with special night roles, now is the time to send them in. You have 24 hours to do so)

Sketch
2007-01-16, 01:21 PM
"Hmmm, I've got my eye on you...and the others watching you Corax"

((
((I didn't! Hahaha!))
Ah, bugger...:P))

DarkCorax
2007-01-16, 01:51 PM
"The others? Hmmmm.... Mutants!!!"

*Corax returns to his sleeping chamber as the Computer (your friend) decrees.*

Slartibartfast
2007-01-16, 03:24 PM
((Dammit. I missed the treason form time. :smallfrown:))

See? Like I said, time to sleep. You need plenty of rest so you can have a clear head while fighting traitors and mutants so you don't fall into their amazingly clever (for them) traps!

Off to bed now...In the game not real life, it's noon!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-16, 10:18 PM
*The cybernetic llama trots back to his stable in the labs, looking around nervously for llama eating mutants in the shadows*

(okay..the hellacoius week is over and I can now focus on the SMBG's that I do so enjoy. Looks like things have been interesting so far.)

Lord Magtok
2007-01-16, 10:27 PM
((Should've posted this earlier...))

*Magtok returns to the quarters.*

Originally Posted by Slartibartfast:
((Dammit. I missed the treason form time. ))

Originally Posted by Korith:
Failure to report suspician is treason!

((The ninja is a traitor! Get him!))

Korith
2007-01-16, 11:06 PM
Good Morning, Citizens

Your Friend, The Computer is pleased to inform you that subject Gezina has confessed to treason. Significant application of truth serum has lead to the discovery of a society known as the Treehuggers. Genetic analysis has revealed that subject Gezina also possessed mutant qualities. These have been purged from her new clone.

The Computer also regrets to inform you of the recent discovery of the eviscerated corpse of Gnome Barbarian. Not enough remained to perform genetic analysis. Identification was performed via dental records.

New clones of these individuals have been activated.

Gnome Barbarian and Gezina emerge from cryosleep chambers, memories of what happened earlier are quite fuzzy in their heads.

ADDENDUM: Citizen DarkCorax's clone has reported as activating. A sector scan reveals his corpse in his sleeping quarters. Cause of death: Brain explosion.

Slartibartfast
2007-01-17, 12:33 AM
HELLLP! EVERYBODY'S DYING OFF! I DON'T WANNA DROP OFF LIKE A FLY! AHHHHHH!!!! I'm okay.

Slartibartfast wanders off to look at something suspicious, his gun at the ready, with its pathetic red-level barrel the traditional 23 turns in, nice and tight.

DarkCorax
2007-01-17, 08:32 AM
"See I told you it was mutants, Sketch must be a mutant, and blew my head up!"

((OOC: I'm Guessing that the mutants might be some kind of "wolf" in this game... and I have no idea if Sketch is really a mutant, just a random hunch... this is paranoia :P))

Sketch
2007-01-17, 01:42 PM
((Isn't a hunch a deformity... MUTANT :P))

"I think your brain was so ashamed at being incarcerated in such a treasonous person it decided to end it's life. I am glad that the traitor Gezina was caught, a victory for the computer is to be celebrated. All those in this disgusting Treehuggers society should be ashamed, the computer is your friend. You still have the chance to turn away from those traitors and come into the light."

Lord Magtok
2007-01-17, 06:45 PM
Why exactly are they called the treehuggers? And why would they wish to commit treason against The Computer (Your Friend)?

alec
2007-01-17, 11:00 PM
Alec thinks about Magtok's comment, and says "Because they hug trees? Does anyone know what trees are? Whatever they are, I think they are almost definatly treasonous."

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-17, 11:18 PM
Treehuggers... that's a funny name!

*DLD laughs*

DarkCorax
2007-01-18, 03:37 AM
Indeed, who would name a group Treehuggers? Unless they were fools?

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-18, 12:25 PM
*The llama bleats happily in thanks to the computer for another day and for its protection from the mutants.*

Lord Magtok
2007-01-18, 03:22 PM
Of course they are fools. They plot against the computer by forming secret societies to defy the computer.

Perhaps tree is some shortened expression for treason?

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-18, 03:25 PM
not played the RPG paranoia, but it actually seems like this is almost more like megaparanoia than the RPG.

Korith
2007-01-19, 09:45 AM
The Computer would like to inform its citizens that Curfew begins at 11:00 PM EST today (That's 4:00 AM GMT tommorrow). If you have not submitted your suspicians of treason, The Computer recommends that you do so immediately, as The Computer will be compiling a list of traitors who have failed in this duty.

Selrahc
2007-01-19, 12:19 PM
((It's harder to post in a game without public accusations....))

Of course they are fools. They plot against the computer by forming secret societies to defy the computer.

Victory over the hated societies is imminent! All hail the computer!

InaVegt
2007-01-19, 12:28 PM
Now that I have seen the truth I seek to destroy the secret societies and dretched mutants.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-20, 10:19 AM
The llama trots over to investigate Gezina, having never seen a clone before.

Korith
2007-01-20, 10:30 AM
((Pssst...the computer did not post a second reminder, but curfew is on...send over those nightly operations. Due to computer "maintenance", this curfew will last until Sunday at 11:00PM EST/Monday at 4:00AM GMT))

Lord Magtok
2007-01-20, 12:04 PM
Magtok heads back to the quarters, and wanders into slumberland.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-21, 10:09 AM
*After sniffing the clone a few seconds, the llama tries to see if she'll dish out some head scracthes for him*

InaVegt
2007-01-21, 10:55 AM
Gezina scratches Atreyu's head happily.

Korith
2007-01-21, 11:06 PM
((As The Computer is tired, the update will be delayed until morning EST))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-21, 11:10 PM
(slips the Computer some Duracells)

Korith
2007-01-22, 08:08 AM
Recharge cycle complete

The Computer is pleased to report that the citizens of this complex have provided yet another traitor! Your notices of suspician have selected Altharis for interrogation.

An incredibly long, flexible tube detatches from the ceiling, dives into Altharis' quarters, and hauls him out. His screams can be heard throughout the complex, until he finally reaches the soundproof interrogation alcove.

Furthermore, The Computer has identified the following citizens as failing in their duty to report suspicians:
-Altharis (already captured)
-Kantur (Forgiven, due to pending other assignments from The Computer)
-Slaartibartfast (The tubes grab him, too)
-weebl (With all citizen-grabbing tubes in use, 2 thin-armed cylindrical robots drag him into containment)

Several moments pass. Once in a while, another scream escapse containment.

Subject Altharis has confessed membership in a secret society known as the Quartermasters, and has been terminated. A new clone will activate shortly.

Subject Slaartibartfast was found to have no membership in any secret society, and was going to be released with a warning. Unfortunately, a stray plasma flare disintegrated him. A new clone will activate shortly.

Subject weebl has confessed to membership in the society known as the Quartermasters. He has been terminated. A new clone will activate shortly.

The computer scans the health and hygiene of its citizens

ERROR: Citizen Lord Magtok reports as dead. Investigations reveal the cause of death to be brain explosion. A new clone will activate shortly.

There are still traitors among you! Citizens, do your duty!

evnafets
2007-01-22, 04:52 PM
Treehuggers and Quartermasters?
Who are these people?
Why are they not happy? Why do they want to destroy our friend the computer?

And Brain explosions? Please help me computer! Don't let them explode my brain!

Lord Magtok
2007-01-23, 02:20 PM
Another brain explosion? With me as the victim?
I hope the mutant or society responsible for this dies soon.
It was probably those Treehuggers.

Before I died, I may have insulted them...yes...the Treehuggers must be held responsible for their murders, and slaughtered like the dogs they are!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-24, 05:56 PM
*The llama seems disturbed by the brain explodey and can't decide if it should wear the tin foil hat to prevent brain explodeys in the future or not. The hat does look quite silly*

Sketch
2007-01-25, 02:51 PM
*Pata Llama*

" Don't worry, the computer will protect HONEST citzens"

((I LOVE THE LLAMA SOOOO MUCH!!!!))

DarkCorax
2007-01-25, 03:59 PM
((Everyone Does :P))

"Indeed, the computer will protect all those who trust him"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-29, 01:12 PM
(Thanks guys.)

*The llama bleats into the night, afraid for the computer who has been silent for too long*

Korith
2007-01-29, 01:17 PM
((The computer is here. Temporal experimentation lead to the disruption of the timeline. The computer advises citizens to continue going about their business, as The Computer will be performing a role call.

/haxx
I nearly forgot to give this game the love it deserves after my brilliantly long interrogation in the Werewolf Classic II game...not to mention that my notes are spread across two different machines after an unfortunate deletion of the PM containing everyone's roles. Don't worry - I have a back-up! It's just on my other machine, which I can't exactly access from work.

Furthermore, the City of Heroes/City of Villains double XP weekend had my attention thoroughly glued elsewhere. Sorry for any inconvenience.))

Korith
2007-01-29, 09:44 PM
The Computer is now conducting a role call. All citizens please report in (post on the thread) within the next 48 (real) hours. Failure to report is treason.

((In addition to checking in, please drop a PM my way including your society, role and known mutations. This is not a confession, it's just to verify the game state as I have in my notes))

That is all

evnafets
2007-01-29, 09:50 PM
I am present and content oh mighty computer.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-01-29, 09:53 PM
I'm here! I'm here! *he jumps up a few times to make sure he's noticed*

Kyrian
2007-01-29, 09:54 PM
Still here, my Lord Computer.

DarkLightDragon
2007-01-29, 10:20 PM
*DLD waves*

Hi.

Eldritch Knight
2007-01-29, 11:38 PM
I am here. Death to the traitors

alec
2007-01-30, 01:40 AM
I am here, friend Computer.

2007-01-30, 02:08 AM
Death the Janitor is here.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-30, 02:38 AM
I'm here, Computer.

DarkCorax
2007-01-30, 05:40 AM
*is here* Exta text

Selrahc
2007-01-30, 06:44 AM
Reporting in to the beneficient Computer.

InaVegt
2007-01-30, 11:51 AM
Citizen Gezina reporting

Sketch
2007-01-30, 03:13 PM
I am here. computer, my friend.

Lord Magtok
2007-01-30, 08:36 PM
I am here, Computer.

Korith
2007-01-31, 09:10 PM
Role call is complete. The Computer now asks that its citizens resume the day cycle, voting for those they find most suspicious.

Those of you who did not report in, receive one demerit.

Kyrian
2007-01-31, 09:14 PM
((Hey Korith, I don't save my PMs I send out, did I PM you already?))

Korith
2007-01-31, 09:37 PM
((..Yes..))

Slartibartfast
2007-02-01, 08:51 PM
((Hey mister computer, did you miss the part where I was out of the country and had no Internet?))

Glurb! What's going on? I just got out of hypersleep goddamnit!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!

Korith
2007-02-02, 07:40 AM
((The computer has no record of this event.))

Korith
2007-02-03, 09:35 AM
The Curfew alarms begin to sound.

((The Computer will now tally your votes. Curfew will last until 7:00PM EST on Sunday))

Korith
2007-02-04, 07:13 PM
The Computer's thundering voice calls out the beginning of a new day.

Citizen Eldritch Knight, please step forward for interrogation

Three tank-like robots emerge from the access tube and drag Eldritch Knight to The Computer for interrogation.

Citizens, I regret to inform you that Citizen Kyrian has been found decapitated. Please perform your duty in discovering what happened.

Some time later....

Citizen Eldritch Knight has confessed to membership in the Quartermasters Society. He has been terminated, and his clone shall activate shortly.

Slartibartfast
2007-02-04, 10:58 PM
Will people never cease dying for no good reason? Will these lines of traitors never end? Wouldn't it be ironic if everyone were traitors but all in different and conflicting ways, with only a small handful loyal to The Computer? Gee, that would suck...

Slartibartfast goes off to his duties as a TroubleShooter. To find trouble, and shoot it.

((OOC: The Computer can't read big red text in signatures, it told you I was gone.))

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-05, 02:29 AM
((EK's not gonna be happy...))

Yes! we got another traitor! Let us hope that we can rid ourselves of the other traitors before its too late...

Korith
2007-02-05, 06:17 AM
((OOC: The Computer can't read big red text in signatures, it told you I was gone.))

((Signatures don't always serve as effective notice. It took me a week to catch Logic's tribute to The War))

Lord Magtok
2007-02-05, 06:26 PM
I wonder what could possibly have decapitated citizen Kyrian. Likely it was some mutant.

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-05, 11:38 PM
Friend Computer, May we have information on the known types of mutants, and their capabilities? With this knowledge we may be able to create a defense against them.

((And DLD, This is a game. Why would I get angry that people wanted to report me? After all, I've made a mess of things in werewolf, why would I want to do that here?))

Korith
2007-02-06, 08:53 AM
To Date, The Computer has uncovered one form of neurological mutation. The implications of this mutation remain uncertain..

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-06, 06:19 PM
Friend computer, is there any research being undertaken on this confirmed mutation? If so, I offer my services in hopes of saving all loyal citizens.

Korith
2007-02-06, 07:13 PM
Your clearance is inadequate for query response

Korith
2007-02-09, 10:54 AM
Citizens, Curfew shall begin at 11:00 PM tonight, real time.

Due to the role call, this day will be disregarded for purposes of the treasonous act of not making reports to The Computer

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-09, 10:58 AM
( I am confused. We have until 11PM tonight to send it suspicions?) ( I missed the post for the new day I guess. *Frowny*)

Korith
2007-02-09, 11:49 AM
Whirrr......click

The day was announced above to start quite some time ago....but nothing...really...ever...happened.

(( Okay, while it's in part due to my poor management, the lack of interest in this game is also throwing off my rhythm. Daytime resumed back on the 4th. ))

Sketch
2007-02-09, 03:19 PM
((Whens the next suspicions sheet due back in? (GMT time if possible)))

Korith
2007-02-09, 03:24 PM
4:00am Gmt

Lord Magtok
2007-02-09, 03:45 PM
Where has everyone gone? It seems like nobody even cares about the muties and the secret societies anymore.

Magtok wanders around, wondering how he is to help find the traitors if they don't even do anything.

evnafets
2007-02-09, 03:55 PM
OOC: Well having everything happen by PM means that there isn't actually much to react to.
I must admit that I don't like this game as much as werewolf, where at least there is something to keep the thread going. In this one, there is no reason to post in thread - in fact it can hurt your chances rather than help.

Selrahc
2007-02-09, 04:18 PM
((Agreed.

Secret ballots may be in keeping with the nature, but they detract somewhat from the fun in the format of the game. This is the same reason I was against secret ballots in WW5.))

((Anyway, You wanted something to react to...))

The computer wants YOU citizen.

We are proud to announce shop in a traitor week.

As joint commander in chief of the secret police I am proud to announce our annual recruitment drive. For entrance to junior rank Secret police status, simply fill in a membership form, including the name and rank of a suspected traitor.

These criminals will soon se the error of their ways, and be back supporting their community in no time (Thanks to the computers biological building materials initiative)

Whats that you say? how can a secret police force engage in a public recruitment drive? Surely that violates the mandate given to you by the computer?

Well friend, the answer to that is so mind boggilingly complex, that only people of clearance Blue or higher could even begin to process it. Content yourself that on membership you will receive a shiny button(Button supply limited, not all entrants guaranteed a button. If you are seen using your button, it will be taken from you) and an extra helping of go go gruel every day.(For purposes of this example the jovian day is taken as standard. The jovian day is remarkable, in that it lasts over three hundred years)

And best of all? You'll be helping our magnificent friend, the computer.

Join today, or be a scumbag mutie traitor not fit to wipe the slime from the soles of a toilet droid. All hail the computer!:smallcool:

Korith
2007-02-09, 04:19 PM
((I'm taking that into consideration for future editions. It's...too quiet.

In fact, I just think I'll declare public voting beginning with the next day...))

Lord Magtok
2007-02-09, 06:24 PM
((Woohoo! Public voting! How will the Computer IC explain this? Will it say that there is an error with the internal memory thingy or something?))

Korith
2007-02-09, 10:31 PM
((The Computer need only ordain it to be so))

Curfew begins in 22 minutes. There will be no further warnings. The Computer will consider your accusations in the meantime.

DarkLightDragon
2007-02-10, 01:10 AM
((I also seem to forget about this game easily...))

Jontom Xire
2007-02-10, 06:56 AM
Yeah, actually I was never into secret voting, although it does make the most sense.

It's a lot harder to get the IC role-play and stuff going because of the secrecy inherent in the game. I know I've been really inactive in this game, partly because I've been on business trips to israel on and off while the game was running.

Next game I'd like to play, see if I can't get some life into it that way.

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-26, 07:04 PM
Um... Hello? Is the game dead? It certainly seems that way....

Captain van der Decken
2007-02-27, 02:31 AM
Yeah. Start again, but without secret voting this time?

Jontom Xire
2007-02-27, 02:57 AM
I think Korith gave up, and to eb honest I was never really running this game. It's difficult for two people to run because there are so many notes needed - so much info to keep track of.

Eldritch Knight
2007-02-27, 07:24 AM
I agree. Game restart please.

Korith
2007-02-27, 07:36 AM
Um... Hello? Is the game dead? It certainly seems that way....

Evidently.

I called for a nightfall, and never heard a thing from several people with abilities. Consider the atmosphere drained and the game over. Paranoia III will begin when either I build a better system to track the game, or someone else starts it up.