PDA

View Full Version : Can Bonus Strips for Books be Commissioned?

Ghost Nappa
2013-11-14, 10:38 PM
:belkar: Because, seriously, who do I have to kill to make this a thing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15955554#post15955554)?

All seriousness aside, has the Giant made a policy on the process of commissions for things smaller strips or individual panels/comics/etc.?

I realize it's a long shot because the number of people who would SWARM at the opportunity would be...well...everyone really.:smalleek:

But it would be an awesome birthday/holiday present to have a bonus comic included in a book for someone, so I figured I'd ask.

ChristianSt
2013-11-15, 03:14 AM
I haven't seen that happened in the past and with the Kickstarter still ongoing (in which there was the option to get custom art (crayon drawnigs, main comic cameo and digital portraits)), I can't imagine that will happen anytime soon.

Awesome: yes

Going to happen: pretty sure not going to happen

Carlo
2013-11-15, 08:45 AM
Obviously I can't speak for the Giant, but I seriously, seriously doubt that this is ever going to happen. Nor should it, I think. Artists and writers tend to get (rightfully) annoyed at attempts by others to determine their content; actually being offered money to do so could be construed as an insulting affront to the creative process. And as a prospective buyer for those books, I would personally find it somewhat jarring to find a bonus comic dedicated to some stranger instead of the story or characters that I've come to love.

If you want to get a special OOTS gift for someone, buy the books or merchandise, and maybe get it autographed at a convention. Or *maybe* the Giant would be willing to accept a commission for a signed sketch, although given his workload I doubt it. But no bonus comics in any of the books, please. That might be an awesome present for your friend, but not so much for the rest of us.

137beth
2013-11-17, 09:55 PM
I highly doubt it.