PDA

View Full Version : My Attempt at making Aleithian Dwarf into 3.5

CyberThread
2013-11-14, 11:50 PM
Aleithian Dwarf Traits (Ex): Aleithian dwarves possess the following racial traits.

+2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma. I think this part is just fine

Medium size.
A dwarf's base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

Darkvision out to 90 feet. I am tempted on making this part 60 like most other races

Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. An aleithian dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as though actively searching and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. An aleithian dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
+2 racial bonus on Will saves against psionics, including psionic combat.
+2 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison.
Aleithian dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on Craft skills related to crystal, metal, or stone.
Light Sensitivity: Aleithians are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.

Psionics (Sp): 3/day -- Ectoplasmic Repair,Empty Mind 1/day Energy Ray, Ego Whip. Manifester level 1st; save DC 1d20 + key ability modifier + power level. I realigned finger of fire, into a core power, with energy ray and made it once a day instead of 3. As we no longer have attack/defensive options or level 0 powers, I have brought ego whip down to 1/day, and left Empty mind, to be a 3/day power, along with ectoplasmic repair as no real power exist that is the equivalent of the power.
Automatic Languages: Dwarven and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Terran, and Undercommon.
Favored Class: Psion or Psychic Warrior; determined at character creation.
+0 Level Adjustment I left this as a +0 , not looking at this as a pure 3.5 core decision, as we are in the era of +0 templates, and pathfinder power bump, I feel comfortable, allowing such a race to be played , as it does not offer any serious power advantages over another players creation.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-11-15, 01:01 AM
Duergar and Drow both have greater-than 60ft Darkvision, so that aspect should be fine.

The thing that you have to remember, CyberDrag, is that Psi-like Abilities automatically Augment to where HD=ML. So a 7th level character will be shooting off 7d6 energy rays, and dealing 2d4 Charisma damage (with a +2 to the save).

Also, all the other psionic races that have offensive racial psi-like abilities have it based off of Charisma; something to consider.

Chronos
2013-11-15, 09:45 AM
Where are Aleithian Dwarves from? Is this a typo for "Athasian"?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-11-15, 09:49 AM
They're from the 3.0e online Psionic Beastiary (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psb/20030926a).

CyberThread
2013-11-15, 08:12 PM
Hmm that is allot of dice