PDA

View Full Version : Can you search this forum?

Warlok
2013-11-15, 07:21 AM
FAQ says you can search with the search tool at the top of most pages. I don't see the search tool. Maybe it's right in front of my face and I'm just not seeing it? (Happens to us all sometimes)

Studoku
2013-11-15, 07:23 AM
The search feature was disabled a while ago because of server issues. The only way to search the forums is to use Google- include site:giantitp.com in your search.

Killer Angel
2013-11-15, 08:22 AM
BTW, this means that you cannot search even for your own posts / threads with the tools in "your profile".

Uncle Pine
2013-11-15, 10:40 AM
Googling "site:giantitp.com whatever" is the best (and as far as I know the only) way to search the forum.
If you want to search for your own post you can either google your own account name as above or just subscribe to every thread you post in and check your "Subscribed Threads" section under "Quick Links" (or in your control panel) for updates or as a reference.

Curmudgeon
2013-11-15, 01:09 PM
The only way to search the forums is to use Google- include site:giantitp.com in your search.
That syntax works for Yahoo and Bing as well; Google is not required.

Zubrowka74
2013-11-15, 01:22 PM
The search feature was disabled a while ago because of server issues. The only way to search the forums is to use Google- include site:giantitp.com in your search.

Yeah, this works. You can also just type in "GitP" in your search terms and it wil (almost) do the same thing.