PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help to build my own Class

Tylorious
2013-11-15, 01:18 PM
Hey everyone, I see all the awesome classes you guys build and even played as the psychic barbarian (it was very fun) so I am looking for help from you all to build a character that resembles my favorite of all time. His name is Alucard and he has all sorts of abilities I want mirrored in this class.

He mainly uses a one-handed sword and shield combo, wears medium armor and a cloak.

He is half-vampire, can shapeshift into a bat, wolf, or cloud.

He can fire fireballs almost at will. He is a beast at jumping. He can power attack as well, this is all I have. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-11-15, 02:16 PM
What Alucard is this? There are several characters who this could be. Either way, do you absolutely want a new class, or are you open to existing classes to make the character (which seems like it could easily be done).

If you DO want a new class...so you want a base class or a prestige class?

My Thoughts: This could be easily accomplished by tweaking a Warlock to be more combat focused.

TheFamilarRaven
2013-11-16, 02:47 AM
Hey everyone, I see all the awesome classes you guys build and even played as the psychic barbarian (it was very fun) so I am looking for help from you all to build a character that resembles my favorite of all time. His name is Alucard and he has all sorts of abilities I want mirrored in this class.

He mainly uses a one-handed sword and shield combo, wears medium armor and a cloak.

He is half-vampire, can shapeshift into a bat, wolf, or cloud.

He can fire fireballs almost at will. He is a beast at jumping. He can power attack as well, this is all I have. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Ya see, the Alucard I immediately thought of is a full fledged vampire, a complete psycho, has crazy ass powers and wields two magnums that the recoil alone would blow a regular human's arm off. Still wears a cloak though :smalltongue:

I would also like to resate what Djinn said, ~ that you are describing a character, not a class. DnD has many different ways you could all of that off with the right multiclassing

But on to helping you out. I'm imagining a PrC that mixes arcane power, martial prowess and undead-ness. Some ideas.

Prerequistes:
- must have had constitution drained by a vampire (but not killed)
- Probably some spell casting capability
- probably some armor proficiency
- maybe a few feats
Abilities
-mixing spells and melee would have to make the BaB progression average,
- no MORE than 4 + INT mod skill points per level.
- Jump as a class skill :smalltongue:
- Gradually gains some vampire traits
- increased spell casting every other level (I am assuming this class should be able to cast more stuff than just fireball
- Class feature that augments jumping

Sorry i can't be more specific with the ideas, but maybe they'll help. Also, heres a vampire monster class that was made a few weeks back that might help you (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16072944#post16072944)

Hadrian_Emrys
2013-11-16, 03:27 AM
Sounds like we're talking Castlevania's Alucard. Given how open-ended the design for that chap's abilities are, I can only suspect that the traits spelled out are roughly the specific ones you care about?

Xaotiq1
2013-11-16, 08:54 PM
Wildshape (SRD) Mystic Ranger (Dragon #336) with Sword of the Arcane Order feat (CoV, 74). Take outsiders and/or undead as your favored enemies. Maybe dip into a martial adept class if you want to; but it sure isn't necessary.

Tylorious
2013-11-18, 07:28 AM
Ok, Yes this is the Alucard from Castlevania, and yes I would like for it to be a base class.