PDA

View Full Version : Lycanthropy (pathfinder)

Yogibear41
2013-11-15, 08:38 PM
quick question about a lycanthropes physical stats, I know a lycanthrope uses the higher stat of its base form vs its creature form(with a +2 on top). But I am curious how something like a tome providing inherent bonus's should work. Would say a human with a str of 18, then 23 after a +5 inherent bonus tome, compared to say a lycanthrope form with an animals whos base strength was 20, so 22 with the +2 from the template. Would this person have a 23 str in hybrid form or a 27 strength? Basically does the inherent bonus get applied after the change as well? I figured Items that provide something like an enh bonus would still be working after the change since well they are still being worn. But I just want to make sure that the inherent bonus would stick around.

Also while we are on the subject what about stat bonuses every 4 levels? I'm pretty sure this is a no and they only effect the human forms base stats, but just want to check and be sure.

Keneth
2013-11-15, 09:10 PM
Only compare base ability scores when deciding which one is higher. That includes bonuses gained from leveling.

To be more precise, the higher of the two replaces the other, and then all extra bonuses are stacked on top of that. So, yes to enhancement, inherent, sacred, etc. No to ability bonuses from hit dice.

Yogibear41
2013-11-15, 09:29 PM
That is what I thought, thanks :smallsmile: