PDA

View Full Version : TPAY/TPBY Numbers of Facts About You

Serpentine
2013-11-15, 11:32 PM
Inspired by a Facebook game that's doing the rounds at the moment. You write a number of facts about yourself, as determined by the poster before you, and then give a number to the next person for how many they have to give.
Ideally the facts would be ones few if anyone know about you, but just interesting ones or facts people here are unlikely to know are fine.
You might like to consider requesting facts of a particular theme from the next poster along with your number, but that's not required.

I'll start relatively easy: I require 4 facts about the next poster.

Cristo Meyers
2013-11-15, 11:46 PM
Sure, I'll bite. Could be interesting.

- I live in Chicagoland, but grew up in rural, Central Illinois. Yes, this means I do actually have a rural accent. Sometimes it slips in, but not often. Watching a movie/TV show/whatever that has someone speaking in the accent, or hearing someone that actually has one, tends to bring it out.

- I did one musical in high school: West Side Story. It's both one of my fondest memories of high school (of which there are very, very few) and most embarrassing.

- I very nearly joined the Air Force about two years ago. No idea how that would have turned out.

And, my secret shame:

- I actually think Jim Beam bourbon isn't that bad :smalltongue:

Let's keep the ball rolling: 3

BasketOfPuppies
2013-11-15, 11:50 PM
Sure, I'll bite.

1) My dog was famous at my middle school.
2) I have several movies that I need to see.
3) My family is harder to explain than the UK.

Let's turn it up, how about 6 facts from TPBM?

EDIT: ninja'd.

Serpentine
2013-11-16, 12:08 AM
Okiedokie then.
1. I sleep with a toy Yoshi, a Yoshi pillow and a large stuffed snake in my bed.
2. I still have a picture of a dragon my first boyfriend drew for me about 12 years ago.
3. I'm terrified of people Liking me more than I Like them, but I still get sad when they stop.
4. I have kissed more than one person from the forums, and would like to kiss many more.
5. As far as I'm aware, I have more trans friends than gay ones.
6. When I catch a flea on my cat, I decapitate it.

I would like 1 fact, make it a doozy.

DarkLightDragon
2013-11-16, 12:27 AM
Okay: I have autism and ADHD.

Is that enough of a doozy? :smalltongue:

2 facts for the next poster. I don't think we've had a post with 2 yet.

Sabeki
2013-11-16, 05:50 PM
1: I think that there is something I can't comprehend just locked away on my mind, constantly pushing to get out, and it is me.
2: Imagining how I would deal with a military situation in the area I'm in calms me down, for some reason.
I probably sound crazy saying those.
How about ten facts from the next person?

5a Violista
2013-11-16, 11:35 PM
1. I won third place in a tournament today.
2. I play music written for the violin on the viola.
3. I've played soccer as long as I've played piano.
4. In one term at school, I took an acting class, anatomy class, and machining at the same time.
5. My hair's blonde.
6. I learned sign language in a different country than where I'm from.
7. I've never played Dungeons and Dragons.
8. I'm listening to Lindsey Stirling music right now.
9. Viola is the best instrument.
10. I play seven different instruments.

Okay, you, yes you, the next person:
Three facts about you in relation with music.

BasketOfPuppies
2013-11-17, 12:02 AM
Ok.
1) My favorite singer/songwriter is Wierd Al Yancovic.
2) I have to listen to music to do my homework.
3) I have been in a play where I sang a kid friendly version of "Greased Lightnin'!"

Lets do 4 facts based on hobbies/pastimes.

Shadebolt
2013-11-17, 08:51 AM
1: I have seen many animals while I was out with my traditional bow doing target practice, but haven't had the heart to shoot.
2: I can solve the Rubik's Cube in about 3:30 average time without lubricant.
3: Most of my songs on the piano don't use both my hands.
4: When I go fishing, I don't actually know how to cast that far.
Jack of all trades, Master of None!
How about 3 facts?

Cuthalion
2013-11-17, 10:15 AM
1: My fastest Rubik's Cube time was 1:54.
2: I have a crossbow, a longbow, and a shortbow in my room.
3: My favorite animal is an otter.

How about six?

AKA_Bait
2013-11-17, 02:12 PM
1. The pinnacle of my acting career was in grade school when I delivered the lines "I'm Irish. Do you hate me?"
2. During law school, I would never study after 5:00 pm the night before an exam.
3. I think that the music venues on the Lower East Side of Manhattan are the best places on the planet to find new bands.
4. As a child, I collected small stuffed dogs. There are hundreds of them in my parents' closet, awaiting the time for my son to be old enough to play with them.
5. I like red wine, but I honestly can't tell (based on taste) why one bottle should cost $30 and another $300.
6. My high school recently named the final round of a debate tournament after me, leading some friends I hadn't seen in a while to conclude that I had suffered an untimely death.

How about 5 facts based on past events that you feel shaped your character?

Serpentine
2013-11-17, 11:26 PM
Oooo, that's a good one.
1. I think that after my parents broke up when I was 6, I went around in a bubble of "I don't want to know". I'd just avoid thinking too deep about anything that happened outside that bubble. It was a source of my early conviction that I never wanted to grow up, because growing up meant knowing things, and I'm starting to think it might've contributed to my very low Wisdom score.
2. My parents broke up because my mother ran off with another man.
3. After my Big Break-Up, I had a mental breakdown and did some things I am very ashamed of.
4. While I was in Lombok, one of the relatives of my cousin's Indonesian husband snuck into my room one night and leaned over me while I slept. If I'd said anything he probably would've had the crap beaten out of him and lost his job, but I feel terrible for not doing more to be sure he wouldn't do it again to someone else.
5. I miss the friends I made in the UK more than anything in the world, and desperately want them to come visit me. It's nice knowing there's so many of My Sort of People in the world, but lonely having them so far away.

Edit: whoops, borked my own game. Let's get bigger: 12, please.

BasketOfPuppies
2013-11-18, 12:22 AM
1. I got my ability to screw with campaigns from my aunt.
2. I have to raise my 13 year old sister to 3-5 levels above everyone else so she can keep up.
3. I just posted a great rant about how horrible the public education system is on facebook.
4. I sleep with a plush Bacon.
5. I have a cross between an Afro and a jew-fro.
6. My family has a long history of hurting themselves.
7. I have lived in... Seven states now.
8. I cried on stage when I was in the 6th grade.
9. I am a First Class Boy Scout.
10. I am one to say what needs to be said when others won't.
11. I am an Athiest, but I understand tha everyone is allowed to believe in what they want.
12. I have been on 6 cruises in my 14 years on this planet.

How about lucky number 13 from TPBM.

TheCountAlucard
2013-11-20, 05:30 AM
I like bacon, but think it's overrated.
I'm reading a bunch of books right now for no real reason.
I like to draw, even knowing I'm no good at it, even knowing that I don't do it enough to be good at it.
For the past two months, I've eaten more rice than I had in the year prior to it, trying to recapture the lightning-in-a-bottle of the accidental creation of the best bowl of chicken fried rice I've ever made.
One of my players has such a zest for the characters he makes that the very prospect of gaming with him is enough for me to want to run a game. Every time. Even if he bows out. Just hearing him say that he'll make a character is enough.
I don't like my job. I'd have quit in a heartbeat if it hasn't taken me three damned months to get it.
I sometimes wonder what sort of dynamic would exist between a party of characters I've played. Then I daydream a bit, and apply it to hypothetical bands of characters portrayed by actors/voice actors, like an all-Tim Curry villainous league, or a Tara Strong character party, or a John DiMaggio-voiced poker night.
I always leave the fan on in my room, even when I'm not in; I can't stand dead air.
I don't usually get my hair cut until it's actually become inconvenient.
As much as I complain about how Christmas is coming earlier each year now, I wore a Santa hat today.
I have been posting from my phone for a year now. I'm not sure what I'd do if I went back to a laptop.
I get annoyed with people who try and cook quickly by just blasting the skillet with maximum heat. There's something to be said about a nice hour-long simmer. Not only are you less likely to scorch your food while leaving the inside raw - it actually tastes better.
I love Exalted, but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it when the new edition comes out.

TPBM can post any number of facts about herself, but I'd like them to be related to food. :smallsmile:

5a Violista
2013-11-20, 11:40 AM
1. I love tropical fruits.
2. I love fruits in general.
3. I love anything made from fruit.
4. I have completely destroyed several of my shirts due to coconut and cashew-fruits.
5. I love to climb fruit trees.
6. Fruit bats, I don't like so much because they're horribly efficient at being competition.
7. Anorexia used to be a thing for me.
8. Fruit is the best kind of food, followed in a close second by hot peppers.
9. I love eating hot peppers fresh from the plant.
10. Ice cream is also pretty good, sometimes.
11. I usually don't eat breakfast or dinner.
12. It's very easy to come up with facts about food.

Next person: You need 4 and a half facts about whatever you want. This is going to be really hard, so you had better get creative.

JoshL
2013-11-20, 12:31 PM
Facts about Whatever I Want:

1) I want the artist I'm working with to finish the first issue of the comic I wrote. (relevant fact: I wrote a comic!)
2) I want to replace the acoustic/electric guitar that just broke. (relevant fact: dead guitars are sad, and they don't seem to be making the one I just lost, which sounded WAY better than a guitar in the price range should)
3) I want to not be at work anymore. (relevant fact: I have a day job and I am not fond of it. But to be fair, I wouldn't be fond of ANY day job, so this one will do)
4) I want to stop at a petstore for another cat-grass dish. (relevant fact: I have a cat. She loves going outside and chewing on grass. But winter is coming, so I get her the indoor home version of the game)
.5) I want to buy a new book by an author I like (half fact: I buy a lot of books, and an author I like has recently put out a new one that I don't have yet. The other half of the fact is which author, but since that is of little consequence it can be safely made the subject of mystery)

Poster below me, please share 5 facts about you that relate to the number 5.

Serpentine
2013-11-20, 01:01 PM
Quick couple of things first...
Okay: I have autism and ADHD.

Is that enough of a doozy? :smalltongue:

2 facts for the next poster. I don't think we've had a post with 2 yet.DLD! Long time no see! :biggrin:

4. I have completely destroyed several of my shirts due to coconut and cashew-fruits.You've had cashew fruit before? :O What's it like? I've been wanting to try one forever.

Okay, so...

1. It breaks my heart that I will probably never meet Terry Pratchett.
2. I desperately want Animorphs to be turned into an anime, to the point where I even tried looking up K.A.Applegate's home address to try and send her a letter about it.
3. I love books and reading, but I haven't read a new book in months. Hopefully joining a book club will help fix that - although the first we're reading is one I've read before.
4. I'd like to write books, but I'm too lazy.
5. A friend of mine wrote an erotic body-horror about one of his LARP characters that I'm meant to edit for him. It's disturbing, it's serious "weirdest boner" material, and I love it.

8 please. Any.

TheCountAlucard
2013-11-20, 01:16 PM
Any?

I should be asleep now so I'm not tired for work, but I'll probably stay awake long enough to be miserable when I get home.
I'm working Black Friday.
I'm gonna try and make chicken fried rice again before I head off to work.
Going to and from work is, for me, practically a second full-time job on its own.
I just finished Shadows Linger. I'd have done it sooner, but I accidentally brought the wrong book to work the other day.
The next book I'll be reading is also by Glen Cook.
Sometimes I'll arbitrarily switch avatars just so someone's pithy observation no longer applies.
The only webcomics that I check daily are SMBC and Weregeek.

You can give me as many facts as you want, but I'd like them to be about your favorite anythings.

AKA_Bait
2013-11-20, 01:38 PM
These are a few of my favorite things (the ones that I can list without thinking about it much):

1. Solo musician: Bess Rogers
2. Band: The Beatles
3. Author: Terry Pratchett
4. Non-narrative webcomic: XKCD
5. Narrative webcomic: OotS
6. Living Supreme Court Justice: David Souter
7. Food: Pizza (real, NY pizza)
8. Scotch: Johnny Walker Green
9. Newspaper: The New York Times
10. Gossip Website: Above the Law
11. Currently Airing TV Show: Doctor Who
12. Board Game: Chess
13. Bar Game: Pool
14. Artist: My grandmother
15. Federal Judge: my boss
16. Edition of D&D: 3.5
17. Web-browser: Firefox
18. Message Board: this one.

TPBM, let's get up to 12 things that you think you could have done better.

Serpentine
2013-11-21, 12:27 PM
12? Whoa.

1. Possibly dealing with my parents' break-up.
2. That present for charity when I was about 8.
3. My cave woman costume for that play.
4. Appreciating my dad when I lived with him.
5. Being less weird when I started high school.
6. Handling that creepy guy.
7. Being friends with my first proper boyfriend.
8. The way I treated my second boyfriend, and the way I handled the aftermath of our break-up.
9. That whole third relationship.
10. Dealing with that guy who snuck into my room while I slept.
11. My year 12 art project (the pieces are the wrong shape and need varnishing).
12. My entire university career.

9 fact please.

5a Violista
2013-11-21, 09:49 PM
1. I find that cashew fruit tastes like a mixture of sweetness and numbness. That's probably the easiest way to describe it.
2. I don't have a sword on me right now.
3. However, I'm wearing a leather jacket, which is almost as good.
4. I'm listening to Lindsey Stirling right now on YouTube.
5. I own an electric viola.
6. I also have an electric guitar, but I don't play it nearly as much.
7. My electric viola is as black as pitch.
8. I still prefer acoustic instruments.
9. I wrote a poem this week.

Down to 6 facts. If you can make them rhyme or have tons of alliteration, all the better.

Sabeki
2013-11-21, 10:04 PM
Hmm, a challenge! Six rhymes then, for we are now that which must win.
1: I dislike rhyming.
2: I dislike poems.
3: This isn't going to rhyme at all.
4: I hate English class the most because instead of learning to write, we learn to analyse and evidently that's better than writing a good story with good characters.
5: My phone died.
6: I speak dirty jokes out loud in class too much because I enjoy the looks on others faces.

Next person, do maybe... Three facts!

Zaydos
2013-11-21, 10:52 PM
Three should be easy.

1. I studied abroad in Japan for one Summer.
2. Unlike the person above me I enjoy poems, though haikus are the easiest.
3. Three is my favorite number.

TPBM 4 facts please

BasketOfPuppies
2013-11-22, 01:33 AM
Sure.

1) My dog has serious mental problems.
2) I am going to Ireland today/tomorrow (depends on time zones).
3) I am Texan, but just moved to Ohio.
4) I enjoy the occasional beer or wine, even though I'm underage. (My mother gives it to me, so she is regulating).

TPBM, I would like... 5 facts.

TheCountAlucard
2013-11-22, 06:39 AM
Solars are my favorite kind of Exalt.
I love the South and Western directions of Creation, as well as Malfeas, the Demon City.
My first Solar character was a martial artist (more of a brawler, really), who was absurdly tough.
One time I made an Abyssal expy based off Alucard from Hellsing. It's the basis for my current avatar.
I'm kinda worried that something's going to prevent me from playing when Exalted Third Edition comes out.

All right, let's hear five facts about your game/system of choice!

Arkhosia
2013-11-22, 06:43 AM
1. I love using the PC for gaming

2. Mainly for Skyrim & Fallout New Vegas

3. I am hopelessly in love with the Anti-Materiel Rifle

4. I have arachnophobia, which makes me absolutely hate the giant spiders in Skyrim :smallyuk:

5. I really want to play Mass Effect

I demand 4 facts about your favorite character

Serpentine
2013-12-02, 03:04 AM
Um, well...
1. I don't really have one favourite character. I guess I could do "characters I particularly like" or similar, though...
2. I think Willow gave me a thing for dwarfs/little people. Not like a fetish or anything like that, but... I guess they'd have a +4 Diplomacy for me, something like that?
3. The lack of good female characters is becoming increasingly frustrating for me. It should not be such a big deal, so hard to have a character every bit as flawed and proactive and important as all those male characters out there, except female.
4. I take solace in the existence of Tamora Pierce's characters. All her protagonists are different, they have different strengths and flaws, their own personalities, etc etc. They're good characters, not just good female characters.

Let's have... 6 facts, with lots of introspection.

Mauve Shirt
2013-12-02, 07:38 AM
1. I stopped revealing my deepest darkest secrets to the Internet long ago.
2. I'm pretty sure I'm developmentally a year or 3 behind my peers. I blame a lot of it on Vigabatrin.
3. I became a drunkard last year, but now that I've stopped drinking I've lost 3 pounds in 2 weeks even with Thanksgiving happening. Going to die of aspartame poisoning from the diet soda with which I've replaced alcohol.
4. I'm an attention-needy whiner with an undeserved martyr complex, but you all know that.
5. Did you know that gingerbread lattes are at Starbucks now? Eff yeah, Christmas time.
6. I love Germany and Europe a lot and would love to live there, but so many awesome playgrounders are Australian I'd take a job there in a heartbeat.

5 facts about food, please.

TheCountAlucard
2013-12-02, 08:22 AM
I'm eating a hot dog, like, right now.
Cheddar is a great cheese, good for omelettes, sandwiches, and all-purpose snacking. The sharper the better!
I like my bacon chewy, but not enough that I, in the course of eating a sandwich, inadverdently yank all the bacon out of it with my first bite.
I like my bacon crispy, but not enough that I, in the course of eating a sandwich, inadverdently reduce the strips' entire mass to crunchy shards with my first bite.
I've still got about a plate's worth left of edible Thanksgiving leftovers.

Okay, TPBM, hit me with five facts about anything, but each has to be in the form of a haiku!

JoshL
2013-12-02, 11:56 AM
haiku? Yeah, I think I can do that:

For no good reason
I left home for Pittsburgh
I've never looked back

taught myself music
with only two semeseters
of music theory

a picky eater
I am not, however I
cannot stand chicken

used to play sports, but
stopped, personality is
not competitive

i like to go see
live music performances
of all sorts of styles

(okay, so they're not GOOD haiku...)

TPBM, 7 facts related to luck, good or bad

BasketOfPuppies
2013-12-02, 02:44 PM
Ok.
1. I knocked over a mug in a store 3 days ago and it fell 4 feet onto a hardwood floor and didn't even chip.

2. My grandfather fell off of his snowmobile and fell down a hill. It barely didn't kill him (ask for the full story if you want)

3. My great-grandfather sailed his 3-man ship from Alaska to California. 1/3 of a mile from the shore it sank. He swam to shore.

4. My aunt once found $100 on the street.

5. I once tripped up the stairs and caught myself with the handrail, the. Pulled myself up, not breaking stride.

6. I had a play in February that stopped me from being one of the people on that Carnival ship that ran out of fuel.

7. I was dropped on my head as a baby. My head split open in several places. I'm now completely fine.

I want 6 facts about gaming from TPBM.

Cristo Meyers
2013-12-02, 03:29 PM
1. My first RPG was Star Wars. The West End Games D6 version.

2. I wrote multiple college papers on the Silent Hill setting, though I've never played a single one. Most were graded at a B or higher.

3. My previous gaming group ended very badly, and my current game is similarly on the rocks (for my participation, at least :smallsigh:)

4. First RPG character? An Ewok. With a Y-wing. Yeah...forget I said anything...

5. I used to devour JRPGs when I was younger, now I can barely stand them.

6. My wife and I just made it completely through the Adventure Game Cognition without murdering each other. This is a marked improvement over previous attempts to work together in a game. :smalltongue:

Let's continue with the gaming theme, but now do 7.

Dudeons
2013-12-02, 07:16 PM
1. Mutants and Masterminds 3e is my favorite gaming system.

2. Apart from me, my first gaming group originally consisted entirely of younger girls (except for one guy, but he became a transvestite)

3. I constantly make characters for M&M for fun with my Notes app (I have 66 notes, and 8 of them are not characters)

4. My last gaming group played Star Wars Saga Edition, and my youth pastor was one of my players (he played a Wookiee)

5. My first gaming group was absolutely psychotic, and I left them without remorse.

6. My first online campaign was a D&D campaign, despite my not being a fan of D&D

7. The first M&M character I made was a paper manipulator inspired by the anime Read or Die (he went through several revisions).

TPBM, I want OVER 9000!!! facts about you. Or if you're the lazy type, you can give just OVER 9!!!

Haruki-kun
2013-12-03, 02:45 PM
1. I speak two languages fluently (English and Spanish), but I have at some point in the past tried to learn another three. German I remember none of at all, French I took in high school and I know a small amount, but not enough to speak with anyone, and Japanese I know a little of but also not enough to have a conversation.

2. I transferred to a new school in my senior year of college. Best decision I've made in my life.

3. I was a member of this community for 5 years before I rolled a d20 for the first time.

4. I don't have a favorite kind of music. I know too little about music, and I'm always scared of admitting that I like or dislike something because I usually get "HOW CAN YOU LIKE THAT IT'S THE WORST THING EVER?" as a response.

5. I have read 21 books by Terry Pratchett, 20 of them being Discworld (the spare being Good Omens, with Neil Gaiman). I'm making my way through Small Gods, the 22nd.

6. I'm a mac user. I've used Windows and Ubuntu in the past, and I think this is the most comfortable I've been with a computer in my entire life. But I only have one because it's a school-provided laptop, and I don't think I'd pay up for one on my own unless I had lots of money.

7. I don't really like PC gaming. I understand the appeal and the comfort, but it doesn't work on me for two reasons: 1) I don't have a PC that I can play comfortably in. I play a lot of video-games on my laptop, but many of them I would rather have for console (I got them off Steam on sale). 2) While graphics can be vastly better on PC than on console, this requires you to have a high-end gaming PC, which as far as I'm concerned means having enough money to buy a $2000 console. I respect anyone who likes PC gaming, but let me enjoy my PS3.

8. I'm a 3D animator. The phrase "art student" doesn't always mean "he paints".

9. When I was a child, I hated musical arrangements in Disney films. Now I love them and regret that they're not as common as they used to be.

Person below me: 5 facts about your childhood!

4here4
2013-12-03, 03:46 PM
1. When I was six, I became truly convinced I was a robot designed to eat as much Chicken In a Biskit as I possibly could.
2. Before preschool, I thought babies were a kind of dog.
3. I ruined our television by pouring Juicy Juice all over it.
4. My first great honor was full and undisputed control of the Mute button on our remote. The privilege was soon revoked.
5. I frequently bashed my head on our old fireplace mantle because... it was... I don't know why.

TPBM shall now supply 7 facts about their first romantic interest for our amusement and derision.

Zaydos
2013-12-03, 07:20 PM
1: I was younger than four.
2: We met at the nursery at church.
3: When I met her again 7 years later I don't think she remembered who I was.
4: She was a red-head, even though I seem to have a thing for blondes now.
5: I can still remember her name.
6: I remember I thought she was cute, but what I would now term standoffish.
7: That's all I remember about her.

Person Below Me gives us 5 facts about your dream boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other.

BasketOfPuppies
2013-12-03, 08:44 PM
Ok. Please don't judge too much.

1. I want her to be good looking, but not self-absorbed.
2. I want her to play D&D and the like
3. I want her to have m sense of humor (sarcastic as hell)
4. I want heh to not be a slut (doesn't seem like much but eliminates almost every girl from my school)
5. I want her to be well-educated, but not too much of a know-it-all.

TPBM! Let's get off of the topic of romance and give me 5 facts about vacations.

Sabeki
2013-12-03, 09:04 PM
1. I usually vacate at Cannon Beach in Oregon.
2. I misspelled Oregon and now I want Oreos.
3. I haven't eaten for like five ****ing hours are Oreos too much to ask!
4. Other than Cannon Beach, I also vacate to California.
5. I need foooooooooooooooooood!!!
TPBM! Ten food facts with accompanied pictures!

Haruki-kun
2013-12-04, 10:08 PM
How many pictures? ._.

1. I actually don't dislike Taco Bell as much as I jokingly say I do. I just know that it's not real Mexican food and feel the urge to point it out. Heck, they're not even tacos. (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljdc6gCSkY1qijcd3o1_500.jpg)

2. I think onions are the worst thing ever. I CANNOT eat something with raw onion in it, and I will tolerate but eat reluctantly if it's cooked. I do like onion rings, though. And funyuns are kinda nice. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/Regular_Funyuns.JPG)

3. I'm a strength athlete, so I eat every few hours and usually try to go for the protein-rich foods. (http://live.charbroil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/047.jpg)... but I try not to let this stop me from going out with friends for ice cream if we want to.

4. Bananas are my favorite fruit.

5. I think the only acceptable use for cinnamon is cinnamon rolls. I hate nearly everything that has cinnamon in it.

6. I've tried types of pizza without tomato sauce in them, and I think they're better than the types with tomato sauce.

7. I drink two or three cups of coffee per day. Gotten to the point where I need it to be awake.

8. Ever since I moved to the States I've come to learn about the use of Pumpkin for pies or other pastries and baked goods. I don't know how I lived without it all these years.

9. I like muffins more than cupcakes.

10. I don't know why people make so much fun of it. I think Arby's is pretty awesome. :smallconfused:

Person below me, tell me two facts about your day today!

Cristo Meyers
2013-12-04, 10:20 PM
- I've been awake since 4 in the morning because my decongestant stopped working.

- I'm still waiting for the fresh pill to kick in so I can breathe

Yeah, it's been one of those days :smallsigh:

Next person: give us 5. Nice, round number, don't you think? I could say it again. 5. Yeah, I like that, 5. 5. 5...

BasketOfPuppies
2013-12-04, 10:27 PM
1) I am DM'ing a night long campaign on Friday night. Need to finish the 15-20 character sheets I need.

2) I have played every D&D edition except for 2nd.

3) I am getting footed Batman pajamas with a cowl and a cape for Christmas.

4) Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23 is hilarious.

5) this website makes me lose sleep, but it's worth it.

TPBM, give me 7 facts, no topic.

4here4
2013-12-04, 11:23 PM
1. I have never eaten asparagus
2. My favorite authors of all time are Terry Pratchett and Douglas Adams
3. Since the age of six, goblins have been my favorite mythical creature
4. I can put both feet behind my head
5. To my knowledge, I have never had a nightmare
6. I have a very poor concept of long-term time
7. I have an incredibly creepy hourglass in my house that's two feet tall and shaped like a leprechaun

And now ladies and gentlemen, for your reading pleasure, I present TPBM! With four facts about their cooking!

Laughing Dog
2013-12-04, 11:30 PM
1: I like to season my meats with cinnamon.
2: I'm not too good at barbequeing.
3: I make fairly good deserts.
4: I don't do well with all of the fancy presentation of the dishes.

Next person, give us a half dozen facts about your favorite books.

Zaydos
2013-12-05, 12:32 AM
1. Heinlein's juvenile, Red Planet is what made me love reading.
2. The Hobbit is one of the first books I ever picked out to read myself.
3. The Languages of Pao is my favorite Jack Vance book despite its out-dated linguistics theory, beating out The Dying Earth by a fair margin.
4. I often list Phillip K. **** as my favorite author despite the fact that none of his books would make my top 10 list.
5. Although I love Sword and Sorcery (and Fantasy in general) my favorite books are Science Fiction.
6. Nothing that has ever made it as one of my favorite books was written since I was born.

Person below me 7 facts about your favorite anime or manga.

AKA_Bait
2013-12-06, 10:17 AM
1. The anime series lasted only one season but the manga (which I have never read) kept going for a decade.
2. The main character has one eye and white hair.
3. I liked the intro music ("the sore feet song") so much I went out and bought Ally Kerr's album, which was otherwise somewhat disappointing.
4. There is virtually no violence in the entire series, and none at all (I think) by the main character.
5. It is just about the only calming anime I've ever seen.
6. The main character's name is Ginko.
7. The anime's name is Mushi-Shi.

Give me four facts about a favorite pet (doesn't need to be your pet).

4here4
2013-12-06, 03:47 PM
1. His name was Jack.
2. He was a pit bull.
3. He was the most incredibly friendly dog I've ever met.
4. As a puppy, he was a happy, yippy ball of excitement and joy, and when he got older, he became slow and sweet, content to just lean against you for hours, looking up at you every once in a while with his deep, soulful eyes as if he was wondering how someone could ever be as perfect and lovable as the person he was looking at.
I'll miss him forever. :smallsmile:

TPBM! Facts! Seven! About your bedroom!

TheCountAlucard
2013-12-06, 06:10 PM
My room has a yellow metal sign on it, reading, "CAUTION: Dice Rolling!" :smallbiggrin:
I have a mattress of entirely the wrong size for my bed; it's laying against the wall, since I also have a mattress of the right size.
My room has nine library books in it. One is due tomorrow.
As far as I know, my bed doesn't have any monsters under it.
My room has two Gandalfs in it.
My bed frame is held together with zip-ties.
I never turn the fan in my room off - I hate stagnant air.

I want 30 facts. About anything.

Cristo Meyers
2013-12-06, 06:34 PM
I want 30 facts. About anything.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8fMqIxSjjxdPHaJcb8ln9PW1v04fa8 RdSL6VPorDMk7CpcPFpQt0KFmEd

1. Speaking of 30. I just turned 30 a month ago.
2. I currently have no pets. This makes me sad.
3. I'm currently attempting to learn French. It's going...passably well, I think.
4. I have yet to actually finish a game of Crusader Kings 2.
5. I have, however, just finished Persona 3.
6. My copy of Persona 3 froze just as the ending began...I was not amused.
7. My favorite liquor is whiskey.
8. I cannot, however, stand tequila.
9. Every Assassin's Creed game I've played as involved at least one overnight session, usually playing until completion.
10. Assassin's Creed 4 involved 2.
11. Yes, I think that's kinda sad.
12. To date, not counting games I had as a child, there are only 3 games I've given up on playing: GTA5, Valkyria Chronicles, and Arkham Origins.
13. Between LadyMeyers and I, we have over a dozen full crews for Wyrd Games' Malifaux.
14. The same holds true for Reaper Miniatures' Warlord
15. My avatar is an RPG character of mine, drawn by Cuthalion.
16. I am no longer in said RPG game.
17. I am a fairly decent miniatures painter, though I can't draw a lick.
18. I'm thinking I'm going to cook some jambalaya this weekend...maybe tonight.
19. It'll be a box recipe, I don't have particularly amazing culinary skills.
20. Speaking of cooking, in French the verb "to cook" actually is "cuisine."
21. I have a fondness for spicy food, but lack the opportunity to try anything actually authentic.
22. There are four Angry Bird plushies in our house.
23. I used to smoke, but quit around a decade ago.
24. ...though there are days when I question the wisdom of that decision.
25. I fear I've run out of decent books to read: I haven't found anything particularly interesting in years.
26. I'm one of those strange people that prefers Dr. Pepper to other sodas.
27. Even weirder is that I think Mr. Pibb is an acceptable substitute.
28. I work for a major insurance corporation.
29. ...and it's about as interesting as it sounds.
30. My parents seem to acquire a new cat every time I visit them.

Alright, next, give us 8 food facts.

Serpentine
2013-12-07, 12:42 PM
1. I have no known allergies, food or otherwise.
2. When I'm down, I eat excessive amounts of unhealthy things. When I'm REALLY down, I apparently don't feel like eating much at all.
3. For a while last year I pretty much lived on 40p soups in the UK. English dirt-cheap tinned soups are much cheaper and far superior to Australian ones - they even have oxtail!
4. It is easier to list the things I don't like than the things I do. It includes eggplant (I've tried...), zucchini, squash and durian.
5. There is some sort of chemical in some things that most other people don't seem to be able to detect at all, a sort of musty musky rotting metal taste that gets so far into the back of my throat it's as much a smell as a taste. I have most consistently found it in duck (specifically the glands around the tail) and goats milk and cheese. My cousin and one person from this forum knew what I meant when I described it. It really annoys me, because I love duck and I feel like goats cheese should be delicious.
6. There is very, very little that I will ever not at least try. These are mostly for ethical reasons, like endangered species and things cooked (or worse, served) alive, but some are for grossness or safety reasons, like that maggot-infested cheese. Everything else is fair game.
7. I judge fussy eaters, especially if they eat nothing but crap. If you're gonna be fussy, you should at least be fussy for good food!
8. I really like swordfish, because it's tasty and ridiculously good for you, but it's obscenely overfished so I feel bad eating it, and as a result haven't tried it in years.

I would like 4 things you like about your body/appearance, 4 things you dislike about your body/appearance, and 4 things each about things you like and dislike about your non-physical self (for a total of 16 things).

JoshL
2013-12-08, 01:00 AM
If you would like them, you shall have them!

physical likes
1 My eyes change color. They are blue, green, or grey. A friend has observed them changing. That's pretty awesome
2 I am of average height, so the world is not too large nor too small for me.
3 My eyes are slightly bad, so I need glasses while driving, but I can easily go without. This gives me options, which I like.
4 i am reasonably strong for my build.

physical dislikes
1 I'm very out of shape and overweight these days
2 One leg is shorter than the other, which leads to one leg being more stressed/sore on a regular basis
3 my hair is not naturally blue. my dayjob no longer permits me to fix that
4 I have very little sense of smell and am allergic to almost everything

non-physical likes
1 I learn quickly. Like, crazy quickly.
2 I think about everything. Analyze everything I do or watch. I think it helps me understand the world and art better.
3 I think about others and try to be a nice guy as much as I can
4 I do a good job of taking unrelated ideas and combining them into a new thing

non-physical dislikes
1 I'm kinda lazy and prone to procrastination
2 I don't pay attention to others' art as much as I do my own
3 I'm flakey and change my focus too quickly when I have new ideas
4 I do not play well with others. I'd like to talk to strangers at a show, or collaborate with friends, but I'm not good at either.

TPBM, drop 5 facts about your relationships (past or present). Let's get some romance in this thread!

BasketOfPuppies
2013-12-08, 01:07 AM
1) My first date was when I was 10.
2) I haven't had one since.
3) A girl is into me, but she's dating someone and she's too emotional.
4) A different girl owes me a kiss, but we live on opposite sides of the country.
5) the girl who owes me a kiss is actually a friend I've had for a year now.

TPBM, give me 4 facts about food.

Nix Nihila
2013-12-08, 01:49 AM
1. I am allergic to eggplant.
2. I have been vegetarian for the past seven years, partly for ethical reasons, but also because I don't like meat.
3. Most years I have pumpkin pie on my birthday instead of cake.
4. I'm not a fan of most traditional breakfast foods, and will usually just eat leftovers.

Person below me, please tell us seven facts related to your upbringing.

TheCountAlucard
2013-12-08, 08:46 AM
One time when I was a kid, I found some lady's ring while checking out toys in a store; the woman was so grateful she paid for one of the toys I was checking out. (I played with the Technodrome occasionally after that, but not enough to warrant her having bought it for me).

I once lied to my grandparents, again as a kid, about fooling with the tape dispenser (and thus getting a HUGE wad of tape stuck in the bed), and my grandparents proceeded to spank the crap out of my little sister without even asking her about it. Needless to say, I felt MASSIVELY guilty and immediately fessed up, at which point my grandparents praised me for my "honesty." I still feel massively guilty, and my sister still won't let me live it down.

I grew up amidst thousands of books, and devoured them in hundreds; this didn't help my grades much, though when the school started doing a rewards system for reading, I won a field trip.

My room was chaos growing up; it's still usually pretty messy.

I didn't actually do any RPG stuff until I was almost in college. Scary, right? :smalleek:

I was born ambidextrous, but the insistence of both my father and my school led me to become a leftie in almost every respect - I write and draw with my left hand, though when it comes to throwing my aim is sinister. :smallwink:

Probably related to my reading, but I had a very active imagination as a child, and I'm thankful my parents did nothing to stifle it.

Okay, TPBM, find your post count, divide by ten, and post that many facts.

Serpentine
2013-12-09, 03:04 AM
(26,703 divided by 10... nooooooope)

BasketOfPuppies
2013-12-09, 07:21 AM
9/10=almost 1. Sure. I'll even round.

1)I sleep about 7 hours on weekdays but about 10 on weekends.

TPBM! 4 facts, one of which must be about gaming.

Drager
2013-12-09, 07:48 AM
1) I am the director of a games company, producing tabletop games.

2) I have a doctorate in Bioscience (Molecular Biology)

3) I cook really good pie

4) I fear crowds

TPBM, 1 fact about sheep and yourself please.

Serpentine
2013-12-09, 08:26 AM
I really like patting sheep. They're all warm and soft and squishy. I can't decide whether the lanolin is nice or gross, though...
Also I found it really weird to see sheep in the UK with their tails still on.

I would like a number of facts equal to your favourite number, about your favourite and least favourite things.

DarkLightDragon
2013-12-12, 11:37 AM
So... four. I think I can do that!

1) I play Team Fortress 2 competitively and am currently rostered with a NA Steel team on the UGC site.

2) I love caramel and will eat most anything with caramel in it.

3) I don't understand how people like horror movies. Why on earth would you want to scare yourself silly?

4) I hated school to the point where many things relating to schools, real or fictional, are triggering if I think or talk about them for too long.

Next poster, please post 16 facts about the games you play! That's four times four. :smallcool:

AKA_Bait
2013-12-12, 01:06 PM
Sixteen, hum. Ok, in groups of four then.

1. My last vacation was to Tamriel.
2. Elder Scrolls games are bad news for me, as I feel like I have to do everything in an RPG and there is just too much to do.
3. My most recent play through of Skyrim I have been avoiding the main plot to such a degree that I never go to Riverwood or Helgen.
4. I was generally disappointed by Skyrim's expansion packs.

5. I started playing chess when I was around six.
6. I favor the Goring Gambit when playing white, even though I'm stronger with the Queen's Gambit, because I think it's more fun.
7. I started the chess club at my law school because I thought it was absurd that the school had a rugby team but not a chess club.
8. I was on my high school chess team for around two weeks before I got bored.

9. I played a ton of D&D 3.5 before I went to law school, but had to stop because it was impeding my studies.
10. I've tried to start playing again since I graduated, but I never seem to have the ability to commit to a campaign.
11. I prefer to DM than play a PC, most of the time.
12. 4e didn't seem so bad to me when it first came out, but it doesn't appear to have the lasting power that 3.5 does as an edition, maybe as a result of its simpler mechanics.

13. Numbers of Facts About You is pretty fun.
14. It can take up a lot of time though, when there are this many questions asked.
15. I thought about responding to Serpentine's post above, before I realized that I had already listed a bunch of favorite things.
16. I like coming up with interesting question categories for the next poster.

TPBM, give me eight rules you live by.

4here4
2013-12-12, 03:37 PM
Hmm... Rules I live by...
1. Be nice to everyone you meet, unless they give you a reason not to be.
2. Watch every new episode of Doctor Who and MLPFIM as soon as they come out.
3. Take a book everywhere you go in case you get bored.
4. When leaving the library, never check out fewer than ten books.
5. Try not to argue about things unless you understand them.
6. Strangers are weird. Avoid them.
7. Do not even attempt to understand why your internet connection isn't working. It usually fixes itself.
8. Always use correct grammar if you can. If you can't, look it up.

TPBM, I need ten facts about your dreams and ambitions.

Serpentine
2013-12-13, 10:31 AM
1. Unlike, it seems, a lot of people, I never ever wanted to grow up. I realized from a young age that growing up meant knowing things and having responsibilities, and I knew that would suck.
2. I have never known exactly what I wanted to be.
3. Part way through university I settled on something in museums or a researcher for film or TV because they were the only things I can think of that incorporate a variety of my extensive interests. I'm still open to suggestions.
4. Part of the problem with working out what I want to do is that there are few things I have tried that I am either terrible at or excel in. I am mediocre to decent at pretty much everything if I try. It's less convenient than you'd think.
5. Among the things I've ruled out are law, music and theatre/performing arts.
6. I am very jealous of those with natural musical talent. It any natural talent, really...
7. I have a list of "life goals" on my phone. Among the goals listed are falling in love, gaining a career, traveling and having a hedge maze. Hedge mazes are awesome.
8. I have been steadily losing faith in my ability to achieve my ambitions, or anything else, for the last year and a half or so.
9. I strongly and increasingly doubt my ability to do anything.
10. I once woke up in tears from a nightmare in which my cat had been turned into a human and was a racist bastard.

I would like 4d4 facts on a subject of your choice that has already been requested in this thread (e.g. dreams and ambitions, etc.).

rs2excelsior
2013-12-13, 12:31 PM
So... 7. Let's say about games.

1) I had, physically and nearly within arm's reach, 4d4 I could roll for this.
2) I have never played a tabletop RPG, though I do have a Runescape character and used to play pretty often.
3) I do play Brikwars (no, I didn't forget the "c"). That's why I have a box of LEGO minifigs and a bunch of dice at college.
4) I also play a lot of wargames, mostly by Avalon Hill. The company is still around, but sadly no longer makes their old military simulation games.
5) Most of these games my dad got when they were still in print, though I have added several secondhand games to our collection.
6) My most recent game was played solo. It was the Wagram campaign from "War and Peace." It ended with the Austrian army shattered and Napoleon in Vienna. Again.
7) This is a very fun game, and I plan to be back on this thread. :smallsmile:

Next poster, let's do 8 facts, also about a topic asked before.

Zaydos
2013-12-13, 01:05 PM
I'll do favorite anythings then.

1) My favorite card game is Magic: the Gathering.
2) My favorite video game is either Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past or Pokemon (the main series of handheld games are all one game, right?)
3) My favorite 3ds game I've played is Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds.
4) My favorite 3d game is either Ocarina of Time or an Elder Scrolls game.
5) My favorite music genre appears to be Heavy Metal.
6) My favorite anime is Tiger and Bunny.
7) My favorite food is fried chicken and mashed potatoes.
8) My favorite manga was Bakuman.

5 facts about you and tv.

AKA_Bait
2013-12-13, 01:36 PM
1. From 2006 to 2012 I did not own a TV, although I did watch Netflix through a computer and a projector screen.
2. I now own a 55 inch TV, which I got as reward for graduating from law school, that is hooked up to our PC.
3. Cartoons/Anime/Video Games look AWESOME on it.
4. I have never had cable TV, either as a child or an adult.
5. My favorite still airing new episodes TV show is "How I Met Your Mother", although the last season is really not holding up.

What are 7 things that make you happy?

Cuthalion
2013-12-13, 02:51 PM
1. I really enjoy this website and pretty much all it entails.
2. My favorite food is kässpatzen.
3. My favorite hobby is probably making cheese.
4. I enjoy making avatars for y'all, though it is overwhelming at times. :smalltongue:
5. My favorite sport is baseball, team is Dodgers.
6. I love playing with my niece and nephews.
7. My favorite pets have been chickens.

Can we get a doozy?

TheCountAlucard
2013-12-13, 06:35 PM
I don't know what you mean by a "doozy."
Likewise, I don't know what "kässpatzen" is, but I've got it on my clipboard and will look it up soon.
Freezing rain today means I'm not coming to work tonight.
I probably won't do anything useful with my day off, either.
I got all enthused for Shadowrun 5e, but while it's got some decent concepts, I don't like it for a number of reasons and probably won't be playing it.
Every day I feed three cats at least once, and they are never grateful for it.

Hey, it's Friday the 13th! Can I get 13 facts?

Sabeki
2013-12-14, 07:05 PM
1. I am in a love/hate relationship with horror.
2. I have never seen Friday the 13th, nfortunately.
3. I am better at typing on a phone than a keyboard, it appears.
4. Thirteen is a hard number to reach.
5. I've written a script and had it reviewed by a professional script writer.
6. He said he liked it, though I thought it needed way more work done on it.
7. He has won awards for his work, so that makes me feel good he liked it.
8. I should really be revising that script right now, actually.
9. The script is about a colony on Mars.
10. For some reason it had zombies. I kind of really want to cut that out now.
11. The above counts as two facts.
12. I just beat the system :smallcool:

Next person! Give us ten facts about your writing experiences!

Targ Collective
2013-12-14, 11:49 PM
1. I have a fanfiction account.

2. If you're interested, look for Targ Collective.

3. When it comes to writing I'm a perfectionist.

4. I proofread extensively yet seem to always miss stuff.

5. My most recent piece of fiction involves D&D.

6. The fic Quest for the Crystalline Jiggies is on indefinite hiatus and if I ever pick it up again it will require a considerable rewrite to meet my current standards.

7. My Grandfather once had me write a piece of fiction when I was too young to really do it right.

8. I will never publish that piece of fiction - it is awful. I was like, 6.

9. While my most recent piece of fiction is always in 'Completed' status officially, I reserve the right tro add to it at any time.

10. I chose to focus on a relationship with a succubus in the most recent writing as I believe these spirits get a bad rap - I have had many pleasant experiences with such spirits.

11. Bonus fact. My favourite thing in writing is worldbuilding.

I require between 1 and 20 facts from the poster below me, about the topic of the posters choice. Bonus facts beyond that point get a cookie each.

rs2excelsior
2013-12-16, 11:59 AM
Let's give it a go.

1. My first ambitious writing project was in 7th and 8th grade. It was a sci-fi short story.
2. It was teribble, but got me into writing.
3. I took a short story writing class last year.
4. I still don't think my writing is that great, but it is better.

5. I also make board games.
6. My most recent one is a fantasy themed wargame.
7. Most of them never get finished. I just write them for fun.
8. The above fact could also apply to my short story writing.

9. I don't speak any language but English fluently.
10. I can read Latin.
11. I have studied Latin since 8th grade.
12. I am currently learning to speak German.

13. I reenact the American Civil War.
14. My unit portrays a company that was actually formed in my hometown and fought with Lee from the Seven Days to Appomattox.
15. I reenacted the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. Our company (along with many others) portrayed Armistead's brigade for Pickett's Charge--I had an ancestor in that brigade.
16. I have recently tried World War I reenacting as an Austrailian.

And let's round it off with four rules I try to live by.
17. Always stand by your word.
18. Always be polite, even--especially--to people who don't deserve it.
19. Always do your duty, even if it's inconvenient.
20. Stand by your friends, and they will do the same for you.

And one more rule, for the cookie:
21. Never tickle a sleeping dragon.

Next poster, twelve facts, four each about three topics of your choosing, please!

Zaydos
2013-12-16, 01:27 PM
Topic 1: Little kid D&D experiences.

I started playing D&D with the Red Box at the age of 6.
My first D&D character was a (nameless?) magic user who died against kobolds because this was the premade red box adventure and the kobolds had a scripted effect against sleep which he didn't prepare and 16 kobolds > 3 level 1 characters in Basic.
My 2nd D&D character (who I think of as my first because he's the first one who was a character of some sort) was Willow-wreath the Elf. He prepared Sleep and his allies fed him to hobgoblins.
My first D&D character to reach 2nd level was Bob the Generic Cleric (he was Neutral and his name was a palydrome)

Topic 2: Big kid D&D experiences

My first 3.0 character was a Psion. Neither me nor the DM knew how psionics actually worked.
My next one was a badly made Fighter/Wizard.
I first got accused of power gaming when I made a Fighter/Barbarian as 3.5 came out using Dragon Magazine's Exoticist Fighter and getting an average damage of twice the party's.
I managed to be the most useful caster as a sorcerer with a bad list of spells known when the DM was letting a wizard cast infinite spells from the Player's Handbook because of superior rules knowledge and sheer cleverness.

Topic 3: DMing!

The first time I DM'd the players would only play if they got to be dragons... this was 2e and we didn't have any book for 2e except the Monster Manual it ended badly.
Later I became designated DM because I was the only one who could handle the previous DM (who was a munchkin) and/or keep a game running for more than 1 session consecutively.
My longest running campaign was approximately 2 years then college happened.
My most recent RL campaign the PC were fledgling gods who managed to wreck reality instead of saving it then half of them defected in the final adventure.

TPBM 5 facts on a non-game/gaming related topic.

AKA_Bait
2013-12-19, 10:19 AM
1. During the USA government shut down I was deemed "essential personnel" and had to go to work anyway.
2. Most of my time at work is spent reading, researching, and writing.
3. I wear a tie every day at work, and a suit every day I expect to have to encounter some member of the public.
4. There is a special elevator in my building that only my boss and thirteen other people are allowed to use.
5. In the overflow room of our library there is a suspiciously located, somewhat grungy couch.

TPBM give us 7 songs that describe aspects of your personality.

Serpentine
2013-12-19, 11:29 AM
1. That song that goes "WOO yeah uh I am a scientist"
2. Heart's a Mess by Gotye
3. Filthy/Gorgeous by Scissor Sisters
4. The Distance by Cake
5. Little Lion Boy(?) by Mumford and Sons
6. Killer Queen by Queen
7. The Galaxy Song by Monty Python

8 interesting facts about you, please.

TheCountAlucard
2013-12-19, 10:47 PM
Right now I'm hand-painting a piggy bank as someone's Christmas present.
I finished reading Tanith Lee's Night's Master last night.
I left a printout copy of the "Dork Tower" comic's recipe for Igor Bars at work on "Share Recipes Day." :smallbiggrin:
Once Exalted 3e comes out, I plan to run a game of it immediately.
I owe poor Serpy here some art that I still have yet to deliver on; honestly, I've forgotten what it was she wanted me to draw. :eek:
Tonight's dinner is potatoes and chicken and minced garlic, with a fistful of cheddar cheese thrown over it.
I'm replaying Twilight Princess for the Wii; last time I played, my progress was halted for a month because of a glitch that actually required me to send in the disk to Nintendo.
I'm immensely enjoying this thread.

Okay, I want one fact from the next poster for every poster on this thread! Failing that, a dozen facts about your gaming. :smalltongue:

AKA_Bait
2013-12-27, 12:43 PM
That's a tall order. By my count, 23 different people have posted on this thread, including me.

1. My favorite holiday musical album is "John Denver and the Muppets, A Christmas Together."
2. It depresses me when I have to work any of the days between Christmas and New Years.
3. I'm very productive at the office when I work the days between Christmas and New Years.
4. I'm reaching a point in my life where I have to decide whether or not to chase the money, with catching the money as a realistic option.
5. In a perfect world, I'd prefer to be a stay at home dad.
6. My favorite anti-Christmas song is "The Rebel Jesus" by Jackson Browne.
7. My favorite "come hither" song is "I want to sing" by Regina Spektor.
8. Out of college, none of the philosophy PhD programs I applied to wanted me. Sometimes, I think about reapplying to those programs, just so I can turn them down if they take me this time.
9. I spend a lot of my time working through obscure issues of US civil procedure.
10. My current job ends in around eight months, the following job ends around a year after that, and I need to start looking around now for a job starting in 2015.
11. I did much better in law school than I expected, and made myself somewhat overqualified for most of the jobs I went to law school to get in the process.
12. In 2012, I graduated from a law school that charges upwards of 40k in tuition a year. They have already solicited me for donations five times.
13. I generally consider myself a man of science.
14. I know how to read Tarot cards.
15. The high school I attended has more Nobel laureates than all but 12 nations.
16. More than 16 facts about me at a time is too many for me to list without really having to stop and think.
17. I have published papers with two law journals, a philosophy journal, and a judicial process focused blog.
18. Halvah is my favorite candy-type-food.
19. I cannot read a book without tripping over the typos that the professional editors missed.
20. I have a large magnifying glass that I actually use as part of my job.
21. I have a three month old son, with whom I am sharing a cold.
22. It makes me sad that I no longer trust NOAA to give me an accurate weather forecast.
23. I got the OotS board game for Christmas.

TPBM must give me a prime number of facts about things that irk them.

Haruki-kun
2013-12-27, 01:28 PM
1. I can't stand whistling.
2. I hate it when people go out of their way to tell me something I like sucks.
3. I hate being asked what kind of music I like. I'm embarrassed about any sort of enjoyment I get out of music because of fact number 2.

Person below me, tell me five facts about your year.

JoshL
2013-12-27, 02:49 PM
1) Least productive music year, though the work that I did do has been among my best.
2) Started buying more music again; bought more cds this year than in the 4 previous years.
3) Got a nice promotion/raise at my day job.
4) My cat passed away a couple weeks ago. Very sad, but she had a good and happy life. I will always miss her though.
5) Getting excited about writing again. Pleased with my work so far, and hope to give NaNoWriMo a shot next year.

Let's keep it going! Next person, give us 2d6 facts about your year.

eidreff
2013-12-27, 06:57 PM
I roll a 2 and a 5:

1: I completed my degree this year
2: After two years not posting I started playing in the playground again
3: I have a guitar called Antonia
4: I support a football team that recently added "Nil" to their name, to save time
5. I prefer rugby union to football
6. I am running out of things to say
7. I am currently covered in emulsion paint

Edit: 8. My Dad was more pleased to attend my graduation than his own birthday party :smallredface: *glad I made my dad proud after too much time*

rs2excelsior
2013-12-28, 12:52 AM
AKA, you're braver than I. Props to you!

Well, since the poster above me didn't give a request, I'll also do 2d6 facts about my year.

I GOT A 4! ahem.

1. I had my first experiences with tabletop RPGs this year.
2. I have been in three states for the first time in my life this year.
3. I participated in the 150th anniversary reenactments of the two bloodiest battles of the American Civil War, one on the winning side and one on the losing side.
4. I got my first smartphone this year.

Next poster, 8 facts about New Year's and/or other holiday traditions/happenings.

Lord Raziere
2013-12-28, 03:23 AM
1. I have dressed up as the grim reaper for halloween. I did this by reusing a robe from an older costume, a buying a skull mask meant for a general zombie, then taking a wooden staff with a stuffed plush horse on its end that I got when I was younger, then working tirelessly to get rid of said horse's head then taped a cardboard blade to it in imitation of a scythe.
2. I hate Thanksgiving, mostly because of the food
3. Christmas on the other hand is my favorite holiday
4. I own a Santa Hat to this day.
5. I don't make new years resolutions. they're pointless.
6. later the same halloween evening I walked up to a house in that grim reaper costume and wind blew just right and people commented that I genuinely looked like the reaper for a second.
7. sadly, I don't think I celebrate easter anymore.
8. nothing I've ever done on april fools day has ever worked.

7 facts.

Serpentine
2013-12-28, 07:45 AM
1. So far this year I have received one Christmas present. It's a colour-in poster.
2. I seem to have started getting a reputation for going on about trans issues a lot.
3. One of the best presents I've ever received was a 6-month subscription to New Scientist Magazine.
4. I consider gift-giving to be a way to show someone how much you know and care about them - the monetary value is nothing compared with the thought that goes into it; a perfectly-selected $10 gift is much better than a generic or ill-considered $100 one.
5. Due to #4, although I definitely appreciate that my parents have me choose my presents, it makes me sad that I rarely get something they chose for me themselves (and that they tend to choose a bit not-great when they do), and also that my lack of money makes that so necessary.
6. Yesterday I found out that my cousin's father got drunk and bashed him up sometime in the last few years. I am incredibly angry, but there is nothing I can do about it, nor even say to him.
7. I think my sister would have really enjoyed this Christmas gathering, and I really wish I could have shown her eldest son the fossils we found, but I'm not sorry she wasn't there; I got to know some of my cousins much better than I would have otherwise.

8 facts about your life goals, please.

AKA_Bait
2013-12-30, 10:05 AM
8 facts about my life goals:

1. When I was around five, my stated life goal was to become a dragon-slaying lawyer. The dragon-slaying part was critical.
2. When I was fifteen, I would have said that my life goal was to become U.S. President, but I'd settle for Senator from NY.
3. By the time I graduated from college, my life goal was to become a college philosophy professor, so as to teach young people strong logical reasoning skills and thereby better the world.
4. A few years later, I tossed that life goal because I discovered (a) academic philosophy departments have no real interest in teaching as opposed to writing, and (b) I was probably too old to write anything meaningful anyway (my philosophical idol at the time, David Hume, had published his most important work "Treatise on Human Nature" at 25).
5. From that point forward, I stopped having specific long-term life goals, mostly because I couldn't think of anything "worthy" that I was actually qualified to do.
6. At the beginning of law school I had the short-term life goal of maintaining my entrance scholarship and putting myself into a position where at graduation I could get a job I didn't hate. By graduation I had achieved that goal, gaining almost 30 pounds and losing a fair amount of hair in the process.
7. I tell people these days that my goal is to find a position with a US Attorney's office, the US DOJ, or the NY Attorney General's office after my term job (which I love) and subsequent one-year term job end. Honestly, though, any job which keeps me intellectually engaged, lets me work for the forces of good, pays me enough to support my family, and provides enough free time to see my family and friends would be fine with me. Finding that combination is actually pretty hard in the legal profession.
8. As I've gotten older, I have realized that having long-term life goals which are used as measuring stick for where I currently am is a trap. I'm a much happier and more successful person just living life in the now and setting short-term goals defined by how content I am than I ever was nominally chasing some specific, prestige-laden outcome.

Ok. Let's lighten this up a bit. TPBM, name six popular-enough-that-most-people-would-recognize-them television shows or movies and say which character therefrom you most identify with.

Gnomish Wanderer
2013-12-30, 07:39 PM
1. Big Bang Theory: Amy Farrah Fowler
2. Shaun of the Dead: Shaun
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Clementine
4. Dexter's Lab: Dexter
5. Archer: Lana
6. Sherlock: Sherlock

10 Facts about 2013, please

Serpentine
2013-12-31, 12:02 AM
10? Ouch. Okay then, in 2013...

1. I asked someone out for the first time. They said no.
2. I was miserable for most of it, to the point where I have started being concerned that I might have major depression. I've been mostly fine since the holidays came, though, so now I'm not so sure...
3. I have had a number of lovers, but no partners.
4. I almost fell for one of the people in #3, and could have had a relationship with them, but I knew it was no more than infatuation and would have ended in heartbreak for them, so I didn't.
5. My year has, to a large extent, been defined by the aftermath of #4, but I'm not sure if there is anyone to whom I would admit precisely how much and in what ways. Certainly not the person involved.
6. I have felt more poverty-stricken for more of 2013 than I have for any other year in my life.
7. I failed an assignment for the first time. If it had been, say, an exam instead of a research paper, I would have done fine.
8. I do not like who I was this year.
9. I made a whole lot of friendships, and screwed some of them up.
10. All in all, 2013 was not really all that great. I think I'd say it was about the 2nd worst year I've ever had.

Could I please have 8 facts on any theme that has come up in this thread that you wish had been asked of you.

rs2excelsior
2013-12-31, 01:19 AM
I'll do a topic before I came to this thread, about a time before I came to this forum: 8 facts about my childhood.

1. I have lived in the same town my whole life. Still do, technically, though I spend much more time at college now.
2. My teachers wanted me to skip a grade in elementary school (early on, I can't remember exactly when), but my parents wouldn't let them (I couldn't thank them enough, mainly because of the people I know now I wouldn't have otherwise)
3. One of my best friends in elementary school went to another country after 1st (2nd?) grade. We tried to hide him in a closet so he wouldn't leave.
4. I am an only child. I generally played by myself, given the lack of siblings/nearby cousins.
5. Despite the above, the house next to us had at different times neighbors with kids. I played with them some, too. They came and went over the years.
6. I used to fight battles with G.I. Joes. Somewhere in elementary school, that changed to LEGOs.
7. Both of my parents are from the same town I'm from, though my dad was born elsewhere and didn't move here until he was about 4.
8. I remember my childhood much less than I'd like :smallfrown:

Next poster, five things you'd tell yourself from December 31st, 2012, if you could.

TheCountAlucard
2013-12-31, 11:13 AM
EDIT: This post took a while! So long, in fact, that I was double-ninja'ed!

So here's my 2013 facts; I'll get some for TPAM shortly.

For me, it was a year relatively bereft of gaming.
Despite having had all year, I still haven't unpacked some of my things.
I'm ashamed to say I've eaten more pizza than I've read books this year, but I'm looking to do better in the coming year.
A talented avatarist once made me 13 avatars in a row this year. I'm very proud of them.
Exalted 3e was once expected to come out in 2013. They've still got roughly a day to do it, but it's far more likely we'll see it in spring 2014.
This year was the biggest, as far as me spending money on Christmas presents for other people goes.
I've drank more Gatorade in the past week than I have in the entire rest of the year.
2013 was the year I stopped believing anything that would show up on the news without double-checking.
This post took a long time to write up; I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't finish it until 2014!
Wait, no, this should be the last one: Tonight I'll be getting holiday pay from work. :smalltongue:

Things I'd tell 2012-me? Okay, here ya go!

"Go ahead and run those Exalted games, dude - 3e's a long way off."
"I know you're a completionist, but you'd be better off not reading those last two Eragon books."
"When you get to the new place, don't even bother with applying to ____ and ______. They're just gonna waste your time."
"Save money, the Ex3 Kickstarter is coming!"
"Don't expect the fifth edition of Shadowrun to be overwhelming; rather, expect to be overwhelmed with horse hockey."

TPBM: a prime number of facts about your animals or pets!

AKA_Bait
2013-12-31, 12:04 PM
1. I have a tortoise named Petey.
2. He has now outlived three dogs over the 12 years I've had him.

TPBM give me a multiple of three number of things you would be willing to do for a million dollars.

rs2excelsior
2014-01-07, 11:13 PM
Things I would do for a million dollars:

1. Write a novel. If I could get that much for it, I'd buckle down and focus on writing something longer than a short story.
2. Buy a lottery ticket :smalltongue: (though a guarantee of winning would be nice)
3. Run from an angry bear. I'm a fairly good sprinter, and if you run downhill the bear will have a hard time following you.

There are a lot of things I wouldn't do for a million dollars. Embarrassment just isn't worth the money, to me.

Next poster, let's have between 3 and 300 things you'd do with that million dollars you got from outrunning a bear.

Targ Collective
2014-01-08, 04:44 AM
1. Donate to certain spiritual organisations.

2. Buy certain esoteric things that have spiritual functions.

3. Give a cash gift to a friend.

Next poster, between 2 and 20 facts about your favourite video games. each fact beyond that gets a cookie.

Serpentine
2014-01-08, 05:54 AM
1. I have completed Yoshi's Island several times, but not all the bonus levels.
2. I have never finished a Baldur's Gate.
3. I was so close to finishing BG2, but then I changed computers and didn't transfer my saved game and even if I had my hard drive died before I played it again. I now will never finish it, it's just not happening.
4. It's been more than a year since I played League of Legends. I hope my account still exists...
5. I don't think I've ever legitimately made it to the SNES Rainbow Road on my own.
6. I recently played Mario Kart 64 for the first time in years. I was shocked by how easy it was.
7. I would almost consider buying a PS3 just for Little Big Planet,
8. The guy I fancy has MK64 and LBP, but I borked that up so I'm not likely to be playing them with him again anytime soon.
9. I own a Yoshi toy and pillow thing.
10. I really, really hope I can get my SNES working again.
11. When I bought it, my SNES was the most expensive thing I'd ever paid for myself. It was about $120, IIRC, including a few games.
12. Lufia 2 is one of the few games I've played all the way through. Upon review, the plot line - particularly the romance - is quite silly.
13. My Skyrim game keeps on breaking. I think I need to reinstall it; if that doesn't work, I will be very sad.
14. If I could get a game that combines the relationships and story of Dragon Age with the size and mechanics and multitude of side quests of Skyrim, I would be a very happy gamer indeed.
15. My best score on easy mode Minesweeper is, IIRC, 6 seconds, though I may have managed 4 once.
16. My 4 year old nephew does a surprisingly convincing and creepy "brains... We're coming! Nom nom nom"; he appears to be convinced that all zombies are Plants vs Zombies zombies.

4 things you've wanted an excuse to say, please.

AKA_Bait
2014-01-08, 10:10 AM
1. I know that a sizable post-count or long ago join date in the playground doesn't confer any special status, but I do wish that some playgrounders would look at those things and consider them before deciding that a poster is a troll and attacking them.
2. Sometimes I wonder if many of the Old Testament polygamous marriages included bisexual or lesbian women and how that worked out for everyone.
3. I don't actually care if the NSA reads my e-mail. Knock yourselves out guys.
4. I find the number of corporate shells in the world of high finance really, deeply troubling.

TPBM give me 7 things that you thought about yesterday.

Cristo Meyers
2014-01-08, 10:31 AM
In no particular order

1. *mostly incoherent anger at the failure of the workplace weather notification system to tell me work was closed on Monday before I attempted to get to work and got into a car accident for my trouble*

2. "I really wish that decongestants to less than an hour to go into effect..."

3. "I really just do not get what people see in steak. You'd think it's the Baldur's Gate 2 of meat from the way people talk about it..."

4. "Come to think of it, I really just don't get what people saw in Baldur's Gate 2..."

5. "I want to like XCOM more, but Normal difficulty is almost too easy and Classic is just frustrating..."

6. "Only on the Jeopardy! online test would knowing about the Battle of Stamford Bridge and Stephanie Meyer ever come in handy..."

7. "She's right, this 'cinnamon' whiskey does taste kinda like toothpaste..."

I like this idea, I'm going to steal it. Give me 5 things you thought about yesterday.

TheCountAlucard
2014-01-08, 05:54 PM
Would I rather put a hatchet through my TV, or watch The Lone Ranger again? (The latter, but only because I can't afford another TV… )
What kind of review is Benson gonna leave on those premium hot dogs? ("Having bought this product for a company barbecue, I was disappointed to find that the product was less premium than promised. The product came alive and tried to eat my employees, even though I paid extra for overnight delivery. Would not buy again, one star.")
If the kind of stuff that happened to Elric in The Sailor in the Seas of Fate happened to me, I'd shrug it off as a dream, too!
Is [REDACTED] ignoring me? Gee, I hope not. It's been a while since she's said anything to me, though!
What the heck did I make all those Lunars for? It'd be a burden off my mind if Mørke would just tell me!

Okay, listen up! I want at least one fact about each RPG character you played, be it D&D, Shadowrun, Vampire, or whatever!

JoshL
2014-01-08, 08:59 PM
Oh, man, I can't remember them all! Some highlights

1) the ranger never actually made it back to his own dimension (started in MERP, converted over to 2e to play with some different folks who, wisely, did not want to play MERP)

2) the fighter lost an auction to character #1 as an NPC. Can't remember the item.

3) the wizard was evil. Of COURSE she had to take a run at the party's paladin

4) the next wizard's frog familiar was one of the most productive members of the party

5) the monk, however, was not. worst die rolls ever. Oddly though, he never actually died.

6) I was convinced to play the Vampire LARP by being told as a ghoul I would be like Tom Waits in Dracula. So I played him as Tom Waits.

7) No one ever guessed the Druid's gender because despite it being a big part of her backstory, the party wasn't too keen on RP.

8) The Monk multi-classed. I hate multi-classing. Great job on the DM's part for putting me in a place where the character would (she took on a level of wizard, mostly because she did not trust anyone).

9) The cleric I'm rolling up right now is the first I've done 1e since middle school (and even then, I think we mostly played 2e).

Not all of 'em, but some of my favorites.

TPBM, 7 facts about your favorite movies, if you will.

Zaydos
2014-01-08, 09:11 PM
1. I'm not sure what my favorite movie is or even my top 10.
I find myself really enjoying fantasy movies that combine beautiful cinematography with good soundtracks.
Legend, by Ridley Scott, holds a special place as my "first" (almost certainly not my first) introduction to Fantasy.
The old cartoon Hobbit makes it in my lists although the live action LotR/Hobbit do not rate on it.
Conan the Barbarian is one of the few movies I actually like watching every few years.
Most of my favorite movies are older than I am.
My favorite samurai film is Yojimbo.

Tell me 4 facts about your favorite tv shows.

AKA_Bait
2014-01-09, 04:27 PM
My favorite TV shows:

1. All feature snappy/snarky dialogue (or did at one point in their run).
2. Are all fiction but not in the same genre.
3. Have mostly finished airing new episodes. :smallfrown:
4. My favorite TV shows are The West Wing, Newsroom, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Doctor Who, 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, M.A.S.H., Firefly, Cheers, Frasier, and Dead Like Me.

TPBM, tell us three things that you have done that you would never put on your resume.

eidreff
2014-01-09, 06:23 PM
Yesterday I thought about:

1: Decongestant
2: Paracetamol
3: Pretty fever induced colours

And then when the decongestant/paracetamol kicked in:

4: "Damn you Windows" *Shaking fist* (bunch of corrupt drivers)
5: To avoid sorting out windows I dug out my old "Dragon Warriors" (the Corgi books :smallsmile:) and had a bit of a wallow in nostalgia
6: Cheese, and wishing that I had some nice stilton (this is not a play on my avvie, its more and addiction :smalltongue:)
7: Whether I could face wallpapering on the morrow... that'd be a nope!

TPBM should give us at least six reasons why they and hopefully all of us should be cheerful!

EDIT: ninja'd ! TWICE!
1: Set a train on fire
2: wiped an Android tab using rm -RF /
3: found my way into my uni's system whilst doing legit hacking lab work

TPBM should give us at least six reasons why they and hopefully all of us should be cheerful!

rs2excelsior
2014-01-15, 11:29 PM
Well, from the length of time this has gone unanswered, apparently there isn't much to be cheerful about here in the playground. I guess I'll give it a go...

1) It's snowing outside. It won't get us out of classes tomorrow, but maybe we'll wake up to a nice blanket of snow (and by us I mean those in this general area).
2) Just had fries from Co Op with my friends. Good food and good company are always nice.
3) It's January! There's a whole new year ahead of all of us!
4) Ich weiß genug Deutsch, dass ich dieses in einer Fremdsprache schreiben kann (though I can't promise that's 100% correct).
5) I'm in college, yet still enough of a child at heart that I have LEGOs and zombies in my room :smallbiggrin:
6) I'll finish it off with one for all of us. SPACE! We've sent men to the MOON, people! Man-made craft have left the solar system for the vastness of interstellar space! (or at least they will, I can't remember if Voyager has made it out yet or not) There are people orbiting the Earth right now! We (meaning America) can't put them up there anymore, but that's not an issue I'm going to get into here... :smallannoyed:

Next poster, give us 5 to 10 facts about neat things you can do!

The Succubus
2014-01-17, 08:53 AM
Well, not to toot my own trumpet...

1. I know basic finger spelling and some British Sign Language.

2. I have won trophies in the past for sailing. Dingy sailing, for the curious.

3. I spent a number of months learning how to fence.

4. I studied mixed martial arts for a number of years, including judo, aikido, karate and kenjitsu. I still have my old razor sharp katana mounted over my bed at my folks. It is one of my most prized possessions.

5a. There is an archery school less than 100m from the hospital I work and I hope to pick up again this year.

5b. My archery skills should improve considerably after finally getting some long distance glasses. -.-

6. Something about cooking and small grey marsupials....v

Speaking of animals, 4 animal facts from the next poster!

Serpentine
2014-01-17, 09:21 AM
1. I consider myself an animal person. I love cats and dogs, adore snakes, like lizards, etc etc etc. There are few animals I don't like. Having said that...
2. I have recently confirmed that ticks give me the complete heebie-jeebies and cause me to freak out.
3. I don't particularly like primates. I once had marmosets piss at me because I had the audacity to wear sandals. Turns out pygmy marmosets don't like toes.
4. One of my life goals is to own a Newfoundland dog. I might have to move somewhere cooler first, though, or at least have a swimming pool for it.

13 facts about your 2013, please.

AKA_Bait
2014-01-17, 10:08 AM
13 about '13:

1. My first child, a son, was born.
2. I started doing Bikram Yoga.
3. I interacted with an average of 3 federal judges daily.
4. I discovered that although I still like listening to live music in small rooms, I no longer feel the need to be involved in the "scene" or to keep up with the newest releases.
5. I, somewhat regretfully, started a thread on here that made the Giant's New Year's Eve less pleasant.
6. I landed a prestigious one year long job in VT after my current job ends.
7. I concluded that many of the hiring practices I considered "unfair" or "discourteous" as a student are actually pretty fair and/or necessary.
8. I returned to posting in the playground regularly.
9. I moved from a one bedroom apartment to a two bedroom apartment within the same building.
10. Two law review articles I wrote were published.
11. I realized that I need to formulate a career plan from this point forward.
12. I had to put my wonderful dog Tinker to sleep.
13. Other than the week my son was born, I didn't have more than three consecutive days off (including weekends).

TPBM, I should like to see a list of seven things that interest you.

TheCountAlucard
2014-01-18, 09:16 PM
Solars! The retuning heroes of the First Age, once usurped and imprisoned in jade, now free in the world again when Creation needs them most!
Dragon-Blooded! The elemental soldiers of the Old Realm, elevated to aristocracy, a dynastic society of god-kings that fears the return of the world's former masters!
Lunars! Driven out beyond the edge of the world, their friends and loved ones murdered, these champions now wage bloody war on the empire that presses its boot-heel on the neck of the world, an endless, hopeless war of attrition to grind the dragons into dust. And they're winning.
Sidereals! Engineers of destiny, agents of heaven, architects of the Usurpation. Backroom deals with gods, secret plots, and of course high-wire martial arts duels in tea houses!
Abyssals! Undying champions of the Void, heroes empowered with corrupted Solar Essence, cursed with a dark fate to be kings of a land of graves! The mysterious Deathlords call you "Deathknight," but is the sorcerous patronage of a slain god-king a devil's deal you want to make?
Infernals! Champions of the Yozis, Chosen of the imprisoned titans! The twisted hellscape that is their god-bodies offers much to the Green Sun Princes.
Alchemicals! Heroes of the industrial nations of Autochthonia, these mechanical champions protect and empower the mortal societies inside the clockwork body of the Great Maker!

And there's more, but you just asked for seven.

TPBM, tell us as many facts as you want about your favorite campaign, adventure, or chronicle!

Dudeons
2014-01-19, 01:51 PM
Gladly. In this case, I'll use my most recent group (where me and some church friends played Star Wars together).

1. You'd think tabletop RPGs wouldn't be condoned at churches, but my youth pastor apparently did (he played a Wookiee).
2. My youth pastor got one guy who I didn't originally want to join, and he ended up being one of it's most devoted players (he was a Scoundrel).
3. The campaign (Dawn of Defiance) was set in an era where most alien races were prejudiced against, yet the majority of the players (3/5) ended up being aliens.
4. We got midway through the second adventure before the group died due to some players not making it.
5. One player thought he knew everything about Star Wars when he came in. I proved him wrong. :smallbiggrin:
6. The Wookiee had wanted to rip a stormtrooper's arms off, but I told him that it would earn him Dark Side points.
7. Four of the five players had never been in a tabletop RPG before.

Alright, poster below me. List the five greatest moments of your life.

Zar Peter
2014-01-19, 02:25 PM
1.) The birth of my son

2.) The birth of my daughter

3.) The birth of my second son

4.) When my (now) wife told me she loves me

5.) When I decided to stop studying and actually doing what I really want to do.

Poster below me, give me 4 things you really want to do.

Serpentine
2014-01-20, 01:46 AM
1. Travel the world.
2. Own a motorbike with a side-car.
3. Build a hedge maze and a mini golf course.
4. Fall in love.
Not necessarily in that order.

8 facts about you, in general, please.

Darius Midnite
2014-01-20, 04:48 PM
1. I'm a sucker for sandwiches.
2. My favorite band is Pink Floyd.
3. I have a fascination for the weird and strange.
4. I paint.
5. My eyes are cold-blue.
6. My real name is Alex.
7. I always play a sneaky class in games if possible.
8. I'm wearing a cup, so don't even try it Smellie_Hippie...

TPBM tell me 5 things that fascinate you.

FinnLassie
2014-01-20, 11:30 PM
1. I've always loved maps. New and old. I've also memorised a lot of them and I still hunger for more maps!
2. Indigenous languages and their preservation.
3. Rocks and natural rock formations.
4. All the things Disney movies have done wrong.
5. SimCity. Okay, well, it's no longer just a fascination... It's an addiction. :smalleek:

To the next person: two random facts. The catch? They must have happened in the last five hours!

Serpentine
2014-01-20, 11:58 PM
DARIUS! \o/

1. My sleeping habits are terrible, and getting worse. Last night I went to bed at 3am (whichwas early for me), read til 4.20am, and was still awake at 5am. I started waking up sporadically from noon but kept spraying myself with water to try and cool down then falling asleep again. Now it's almost 3pm, and although I've been awake for about an hour I'm still lying in bed. :smallsigh:
2. I used to dream a lot about my teeth falling out, but now it seems to be nudity that I deam about. I just wander around the place, shops and stuff, completely or half naked. Last night it seemed to be an underbust corset and garter belt... Weird.

6 facts about your regrets, please.

rs2excelsior
2014-01-23, 12:04 AM
Hmm...
1) There's a girl I knew in high school. I still regret that I never worked up the courage to ask her out, though I know it probably wouldn't have worked.
2) I regret that my last attempt at a relationship fell through (anyone else noticing a pattern here?), though it also probably wouldn't have gone anywhere long term.
3) I regret that I've lost contact with many of my friends from high school, and I hope the same thing won't happen after college. On the other hand, there are people from high school I never really want to see again.
4) I regret the things I did to make my parents mad at me when I was younger. They really are two awesome, loving people.
5) I regret that I never got a chance to explore an unknown part of the map. They filled it all in before I was born. :smallfrown:
6) I regret things I did not do far more than things I did.

And on a more cheerful note, next poster, give us 6 things that you're glad you have done.

Nix Nihila
2014-01-24, 01:06 AM
1. Coming out. It was somewhat dramatic for a period of time, but it certainly simplified my life a lot, and allowed me to start moving on to bigger and better things.
2. Beginning to cook from scratch more often. I feel much better fed, and the ritual of preparing a meal has become rather meditative.
3. Speaking of meditative things, I've recently started using fountain pens. The writing experience is delightfully smooth, and I find myself wanting to write simply for the tactile pleasure it evokes. It has the added bonus of making me feel rather posh.
4. Pursuing a math degree. There's very little which gives me more pleasure than discovering an especially clever or surprising mathematical proof. It's an incredibly rewarding subject.
5. Learning to sew properly. Useful, but also a fantastic venue for expression.
6. Reading in bed more often instead of getting on my computer (she posts at one in the morning). I generally sleep much better now that I spend less time aimlessly browsing the internet. Though, as evidenced by this post, I don't always do this.

Person below me, please tell five facts on places you've visited.

The Succubus
2014-01-24, 05:59 AM
Nixyyyyyyyy! *hugs*

1) Waitomo, New Zealand. Home to several extremely large limestone caves and resident glowworms. The life cycle of a glowworm is gross. :smallyuk: (Also went on an abseil here - was the most incredible moment of my life)

2) Norway. Went here the last time I saw my ex and we stayed in a cabin on the shores of lake Nisser. It is seriously frigging big at 75km square. It's also very pretty. =)

3) Rotaura, New Zealand. A small town on NZ's North Island and geothermically active. It absolutely reeks of sulphur as a result. Those also a really pretty waterfall about a mile outside of town.

4) Tai-Shan, China. This mountain has 6,666 steps carved into from summit to base and I literally crawled up the last 1,000 or so, to the amusement of the locals. -.-

5) Delphi, Greece. Went here on a school trip when I was 15. I remember it not for the amphitheatres or the play we performed but for the enormous kamikaze grasshoppers that come out to play when the sun sets. :smalleek:

6) Utrecht, Holland. Home to my former WoW guildleader, whom I visited many years ago. The town isn't too memorable but it was here I first discovered Order of the Stick and my life changed entirely.

5 commonly believed facts that are actually wrong please.

LoP
2014-01-26, 12:38 AM
1. "Edelweiss" is not the national anthem of Austria, but is in fact an original composition created for the musical The Sound of Music. The actual Austrian national anthem is "Land der Berge, Land am Strome."

2. The historical Buddha was not obese. The "chubby Buddha" or "laughing Buddha" is a 10th-century Chinese folk hero by the name of Budai. In Chinese Buddhist culture, Budai came to be revered as an incarnation of Maitreya, the Bodhisattva who will become a Buddha to restore Buddhism after the teachings of the historical Buddha, Siddhārtha Gautama, have passed away.

3. The black belt in martial arts does not necessarily indicate expert level or mastery. It was introduced for judo in the 1880s to indicate competency of all of the basic techniques of the sport. Promotion beyond black belt varies among different martial arts. In judo and some other Asian martial arts, holders of higher ranks are awarded belts with alternating red and white panels, and the highest ranks with solid red belts.

4. Research indicates that Vitamin C is not an effective treatment for the common cold.

5. Searing meat does not "seal in" moisture, and in fact may actually cause meat to lose moisture. Generally, the value in searing meat is that it creates a brown crust with a rich flavor via the Maillard reaction.

Five more commonly believed facts that are actually wrong!

Serpentine
2014-01-29, 03:42 AM
1. Contrary to apparently popular belief, this thread was not intended to be for random facts about anything, but about posters :smallwink:
2. I've devoted my Twitter account to random facts, starting with facts about penises, with references. During the course of it I discovered that dolphin penises, despite what I'd been told, are not technically prehensile. But there are reports of them picking stuff up with them, so I reckon that's close enough.
3. I also discovered that dork does not actually mean "whale's penis", although apparently in Australia it is slang for penis in general.
4. The stereotype of Australia as being overrun by deadly things kinda bothers me a bit. There are very few spiders that are actually really dangerous, and I saw many more snakes in Indonesia than I do here (which makes me sad).
5. It also bothers me the bad rap whitetail spiders get. According to urban legend, whitetail bites are very nasty and can even cause necrosis. There is actually no scientific evidence of that, and it appears that most of those cases are just assumed to have been from a whitetail bite because everyone thinks that's what they do. Actual confirmed bites appear to rarely be worse even than a huntsman spider bite, which is generally considered pretty much harmless.

I would like 6 facts on a theme that you yourself requested (if you haven't posted in this thread yet, then pick one someone else requested that you'd like someone to ask you).

Zarae
2014-01-30, 03:44 AM
How about favorites?

Number:i13 (square root of negative 169)
Letters: 'z' or 'x'
Colors: black, teal, maroon
Drink: frozen vanilla coffee
Candy: chocolate covered espresso beans
Flower: dandelion

Next person: How about 9 facts on 'weird' cool things on you?'

AKA_Bait
2014-02-13, 09:32 AM
Since I don't particularly want this thread to die, I'm going to interpret this as nine unusual facts about me.

1. At one point during college, I was simultaneously on the Dean's List and Academic Probation.
2. I sometimes have an overpowering urge to troll the blogs of pretentious law professors.
3. Despite having a law degree, I have an aversion to clients.
4. Really serious cold doesn't usually bother me.
5. When I took the Buzzfeed "what font am I quiz" I came out as Times New Roman, and I'm totally happy with that.
6. I view many Disney classics with a jaundiced eye.
7. I've had a pet tortoise, that I got in college, for more than a decade.
8. I believe that if you give a pet fish a name, it will die shortly thereafter.
9. While I have a pretty solid number of internet handles at this point "Bait" isn't actually one of them.

TPBM, I'd like four facts about your face.

Serpentine
2014-02-13, 11:41 AM
Face? Hm...

1. In high school I had badish acne. Ended up going on Roacutane, which can have pretty awful side-effects, but aside from some dry skin I didn't get any of them.
2. I have big nostrils from my mother's side of the family, and also a weird bulbousness on the tip. It came up this Christmas that apparently several of my relatives on my father's side have very similar knobbly noses.
3. I like my eyebrows, my eyes and my lips, and I'm told I have a good complexion. That's pretty much all I like about my face.
4. My face goes numb when I get drunk.

6 about your interactions with animals, please.

radhop
2014-02-13, 12:26 PM
Alrighty lets do this

1. I have to stop myself from petting animals on leashes as I walk past them.
2. My cat Glen sleeps on my lap.
3. I go to sleep with my cat Glen.
4. I had 2 hamsters as a child.
5. My first cats name was Savannah, she was a dumpster kitten I rescued.
6. I really like small animals.

TPBM: 5 rides you would go on if you went to Disney World

Serpentine
2014-03-02, 06:15 AM
I've never been to Disney World and don't know anything about it, so I'm going to do this on theme park rides in general.

1. When I was little, I went to a theme park (now shut down) called Wonderland. While there, I bullied my dad into going on a ride called The Demon (after a ridiculously long line-up). The Demon is a rollercoaster that pulls you backwards up a ramp, sends you shooting forwards through 3 loops, then drags you backwards through the loops again. I was completely terrified, and didn't go on another upside down ride for years afterwards.
2. The first upside down ride I went on after that was called the Zipper at a local show, like this (http://www.ride-extravaganza.com/assets/zipper-res.jpg). The one I went on was a lot of fun, but a little bit later I tried a different one that didn't have the right amount of padding and was older and crappier and just hurt. First one was good, though.
3. At Dream World there's a ride called the Big Drop (there was a slightly smaller version at Wonderland called the Space Probe 7 or something). You sit in a seat that gets taken up a big tall tower. There's a countdown, and then you get pulled down - faster than if you just freefell. Went on it once, will never go on it again. Hate it. It's not fun, just scary.
4. I can't remember where it was, but I used to have regular access to a big swing ride, like this (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/107/b/f/swing_ride_by_dame321-d3e9e9i.jpg). I could sit on it for hours. I miss that thing...
5. At Movie World, the Batman ride is the most disappointing, the Green Lantern ride is a rush, and the ride they replaced the Lethal Weapon ride with is much better.

4 facts about yourself, anything at all.

FinnLassie
2014-03-02, 08:06 AM
1. I'm trying to lower my meat intake, especially the red kind.
2. For now I'm satisfied with having to wear glasses, but I'll likely consider laser surgery after turning 40 or so.
3. I really, really want a pet. Sadly I have to wait until I graduate.
4. I have visited three continents. Four to go.

And now, the person below me... Three (3) facts about you from the 1990s!
If born after 1999, then three facts about the first three years of your life.

The Trickster
2014-03-02, 09:34 AM
1). I owned three Tamagotchi's, and I made my mother watch them for me when I was in school. She let one of them "die", and I got super mad at her.

2). Every time I here the phrase, "In west Philadelphia", I must finish the phrase in my head, "born in raised". This holds true for finishing the phrase, " Oh my god..." with "Becky look ay her butt".

3). I loved TMNT

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO! GO NINJA GO NINJA GO! GO GO GO GO! NINJA! NINJA RAP!

Give me 3513 facts about the quantum physics of potential time travel.

Or four facts about the year you were born. Your choice.

Serpentine
2014-03-02, 09:45 AM
In the year I was born...
1. My mother was the only doctor in town and could hardly midwife herself, so she had to go to a completely different town, in a completely different state in order to give birth to me.
2. I had a big lump on my head when I was born. There's not many baby photos of me with it cuz they always avoided it when they took pictures of me.
3. I was a really chubby baby.
4. My older sister used to use me as her own personal fashion doll, dressing me up in all sorts of crap.

I would like the one big fact about a childhood disillusionment of yours (e.g. when you stopped believing in Santa, when you found out your parents were mere humans, etc).

Duck999
2014-03-02, 12:06 PM
I know my brothers, but mine? Hmmm...
1. Learning that Hannukah Harry was not real (probably that one)
I'm Jewish, so no Santa disillusionment.

3 Facts about your last vacation out of your country. If you never left, than 3 about your last vacation.

FinnLassie
2014-03-02, 12:20 PM
1. Due to the car accident I had in Trogland on my previous visit abroad, I had nothing to do and booked a last minute trip to Finland to see family.
2. February is usually a really cold month with lots of snow, but the last bits of the English storms reached Finland... making it very miserable. :smallfrown:
3. Played Illuminati. I love Illuminati. I want Illuminati.

TPBM: Seven (7) facts about your heritage.

AKA_Bait
2014-03-03, 06:05 PM
1. Most people peg me as Irish American, which I mostly am, because of my complexion, blue eyes, and red hair (which I get from both sides).
2. My ancestors didn't all arrive in the United States in the same generation, but they did all come to New York and stay thereafter.
3. My dad's side (all Irish and most recent group) arrived around WWII (just in time to be drafted) and my mom's side (mixed and longest in the country) arrived around the American Civil War (just in time to almost accidentally join the Union Army).
4. On my mom's side, some of my family members allege that my Great-great-grandmother was the daughter of the Duke of Wellington (my grandfather was supposedly the Irish stable boy she ran off with). That's probably not true though, and appears to be a pretty common tale. (http://downtonabbey.wikia.com/wiki/Sybil_Branson)
5. My great-grandparents on my mom's mom's side were each thrown out of their respective families for getting married. My great-grandmother was Orthodox Jewish and great-grandfather was Sicilian Catholic. The Sicilian family eventually got over it.
6. I was raised mostly New York Irish Catholic, including the step-dancing lessons and memorization of drinking songs, but the occasional Jewish holiday was celebrated too.
7. In short, my heritage is that I'm a New York City mutt and proud of it.

TPBM, give me three things a stranger would immediately notice about you.

5a Violista
2014-03-07, 11:18 PM
1) My leather jacket looks so old and worn out that I must have worn it nearly two thousand times
2) For some inexplicable (without asking me first) reason, I have one tooth much larger than its symmetric pair.
3) My smile.

Okay, you next. Yes, you, TPBM. I'm talking to you.
Give me 5 and a half (or more) reasons why you should be happy today.

Blue Ghost
2014-03-08, 02:29 AM
1. I finished giving my presentation, so that's done and over with.
2. I have reason to believe that my workload for the rest of the quarter will be manageable.
3. I'm taking the time to briefly visit SMBG again.
4. I got to have a deep conversation with someone, so I may be able to make a meaningful impact in a person's life.
5. I'm surrounded by friends who love me.
5 1/2. TPAM.

TPBM, I would like 4 meaningful things that happened to you this year.

TheCountAlucard
2014-03-08, 09:58 AM
As in, the past twelve months, or the past three months? :smallconfused:

Either way...

I got invited to a D&D game for the first time in over a year!
I read several books I hadn't read before, and reread some of the ones I had!
Got my decade-old laptop started up again, meaning I can access the Internet from more than a phone!
I found out someone I look up to is likely to die. :smallsigh:

Okay, in the vein of AKA_Bait's earlier post, give me things someone would (falsely) assume about you based on your appearance!

Duck999
2014-03-08, 11:45 AM
No number? I'll go with 3.

1. I take drugs:smalleek:
2. I am extraordinarily lazy.
3. I am not a nerd.

3 facts about your most recent school field trip (if you can remember it):smallbiggrin:

LoP
2014-03-08, 11:25 PM
Wow, that was a short while ago.. Ok, hmmm.

1) It was for a marine ecology class, and we went out on a Scripps research vessel. I forget the name, but its the mothership for the submarine Alvin, the one that explored the Titanic. It took ocean bottom sediment samples that the class was supposed to study.
2) ... except I got ridiculously sea-sick during the entire 6 hour trip. It was terrible, I basically curled up in a corner in misery while everyone else did science.
3) Thankfully, there were 5 other fellow sea-sick classmates to keep me company. Fortunately, we didn't throw up on each other, but there were a few close calls.

Ok, five facts about you and your favorite hobby!

rs2excelsior
2014-03-08, 11:36 PM
1) I am a Civil War reenactor with the 18th Virginia Infantry, Company B
2) My first battle was about four and a half years ago, near a little town called Stuart, VA.
3) I've been back to Stuart every October to fight, except last October, when school interfered :smallannoyed:
4) A friend of mine from college recently went with me to fight at Chickamauga, GA.
5) I do it because the battles are fun, yes, but mainly for love of the history and to honor my ancestors who fought in that terrible conflict.

TPBM, 5 things you hope this year will bring.

Targ Collective
2014-03-09, 02:34 AM
I hope to successfully re-establish contact with a good friend who has fallen out of touch.

Liberty.

Victory.

Rapture (the Ray, not the Christian Rapture).

Truth

Bonus one - total escape from suffering, even if just for a little while.

Next poster - tell me five things about my avatar (my lovely, shiny new avatar), whether you like it, hate it, what you think about it.

Tell me ten things and get a cookie.

Fifteen get a cookie and teh internets.

Aberrant17
2014-03-12, 10:43 PM
1. It could use some more color. Yellow, maybe. Or blue.
2. Nice shades. I want a pair.
3. I didn't notice at first that he had brown hair.
4. Looks to be pushing somewhere between 40 and 50 years.
5. Is that a shiny artifact in his hands, or is he casting a spell?

6. Looks to be some kind of priest. Could be a wizard or sorcerer, though.
7. That look he's giving me... it's like he's judging me or something, it's making me feel uncomfortable.
8. You could have given him a bit more of an expressive mouth, though.
9. Then again, they hair's so dark you almost can't see the mouth. May want to fix that.
10. I like the way the rays of light pop out like that. Shows good graphic design.

11. If you're wondering about the critical analysis, I'm a former Graphic Design student. Don't take it too personally. ;)
12. Some movement (or, at least, the illusion thereof) wouldn't hurt. He seems a little static, a more fluid image would be more exciting.
13. Oh, he's got those ruffs around his neck, like a 16th century nobleman! It's amazing what you notice when you take a closer look at something.
14. I was actually thinking about this for a while, but the patterns on the robe... I'm on the fence about those. A more exciting pattern may be possible. Maybe heraldic furs?
15. Despite the issues I've mentioned, I do like the image overall. It's got a powerful and wizened feel to it.

Sorry for the long post, but at least I've earned myself an internet or three. Anyway, for The Person Below Me, let's try to keep it shorter: three or more of your favorite RPG character classes. Tabletop or video game, either is fine. :smallsmile:

ShadowySilence
2014-03-12, 10:53 PM
Oh, this is both easy and hard at the same time! :smalltongue:

1. Warlock
2. Wizard
3. Cleric
4. Necromancer
5. Ranger

Person below me, give five things that get you out of bed on Mondays!

Socksy
2014-03-13, 06:17 AM
I have to get out of bed because I have school
I have Statistics, and my teacher phrases things really badly. "The P-value is inside my critical region!"
I want to see my friends
If I stay in bed, my mum bitches at me
I have Mechanics, and my teacher is awesome.

5 facts about your electronics!

TheCountAlucard
2014-03-13, 10:19 AM
Despite having had my smartphone for over a year now, the longest it's been beyond my arm's reach is less than a day.
My oldest laptop is the one I currently use. Due to its age, it'd be a poor tool for computer gaming; I only use it for fooling around on forum websites, and reading the occasional PDF.
Said laptop has a ten-minute battery life off a full charge. I thus keep it plugged in pretty much all the time.
My other laptop's got a messed-up corner that causes the whole screen to not work. This is very very very annoying. :smallmad:
There's another computer set up in the living room, but I don't use it.

Person Below Me, which tantalizing tongue twisters tangle your tied-up tongue?

My current favorite is: "Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?"

Nix Nihila
2014-04-09, 05:25 PM
四是四,十是十,十四是十四,四十是四十。 谁把十四说 “四十”, 就打他十四。谁把四十说 “十四”,就打他四十。

In a similar vein, I am no good at that selling seashells one. Obviously I have trouble alternating between s and sh.

Person below me, please share with us three to five facts about pieces of music which are of notable importance to you (e.g., my favorite song when I was five was Material Girl. One of the first real pieces I learned to play on the piano was Satie's Gnossienne no. 1.)

JoshL
2014-04-11, 03:33 PM
1) Tangerine Dream's score to the movie Legend made me interested in electronic music and film scores at the same time!
2) Frank Zappa's "Watermelon In Easter Hay" made me understand that I needed to play guitar. Not "want to" or "might enjoy"...I NEEDED to.
3) The first song I ever played in front of people was "Margaret's Eyes" by King Missile, not long after starting to play guitar and never really learning to sing.
4) I decided to move to Pittsburgh after spending an evening sitting by the playground in my old elementary school at 4am while listening to Joy Division's "Closer" (specifically the second half the album). There is much more to that story, but that album will always bring me right back to that time.

...and, because I'm nothing if not my ego...

5) This one of mine (http://soundcloud.com/joshloughrey/the-craftsman-narse). I can't wait to get the new version of this recorded...it's far more stark and minimal (the woman singing backing vocals on this is singing lead, and I'm playing electric guitar as backing). Of all the music I've ever written, this song came together almost instantly, and I keep coming back to it.

Because I'm feeling the 5's, poster below me should share 5 of your favorite episodes of tv shows you like (can be the same show, can be different shows, first five that come to mind!)

rs2excelsior
2014-05-12, 01:12 PM
Ooh, interesting...

In no particular order:
1) Babylon 5, "Severed Dreams"
2) Star Trek (The Original Series), "Balance of Terror"
3) Star Trek (TOS), "The Trouble with Tribbles" :smallbiggrin:

There are a couple of other Babylon 5 episodes that would qualify, but it's been a while since I last watched the series and I can't remember the exact episodes. I have the same problem when I try to think of episodes of other shows. So, instead of two more episodes, I'll post two series (other than the two above) that I think are good in general:

4) Frasier
5) NCIS (the original, not NCIS:LA)

TPBM, let's keep the pattern of fives. Five movies that you thoroughly enjoyed.

Zar Peter
2014-05-12, 05:36 PM
Ok, I'll bite.

1) Star Trek III VI: The first Star Trek Movie I watched in cinema. I was 10 years old by then. It took me a long time to understand that Han Solo owned the Millenium Falcon and not Lando.

2) Unforgiven: The first movie I watched in cinema in original language. It was hard to understand but the emotions came clear through.

3) From Dusk till Dawn: A hillarious movie, so many twists and carnage. And I have to have at least one Tarantino movie in this list.

4) Aladdin: Well, call me childish but I watched this movie four times in cinema and that was a time were I didn't have kids at all.

5) Dead Man Walking: I didn't enjoy this movie. No, not at all. I don't want to see it ever again. But the way this movie moved me is incomparable. Never saw something that intense before and after.

Ok, person below me, tell me four things that moved you personally, that made you maybe question yourself or your opinions.

FinnLassie
2014-06-01, 05:07 AM
1. When I realised that my best friend was drifting away from me, insulting whatever we used to like together. I was 13, she was a year older than me, and I think that made me realise how teenage years are really some damn defining times. People grow up, interests can change drastically. It was also a beginning for my 2 year journey of defining my own identity instead of identifying me as just someone in my group of friends.

2. The realisation of why I've hoarded myself such a load of boyfriends in the past. I won't go into detail.

3. Private family matters. Blood is nothing. Emotional bonds with non-relatives can grow stronger than that.

4. LDR :smallsmile:

THE PERSON THAT COMETH BELOW ME! Tell the world three silly facts about your family.

Duck999
2014-06-01, 11:24 AM
1. We are extremely silly.
2. We have been complemented on being weird.
3. We thank people for being had, when they say thanks for having us.

Thoust who posteth beloweth me. Telleth me thy five three facts about games you playeth.

The_Admiral
2014-06-01, 02:25 PM
1) The Tinker is an awesome troll hero, I love popping up in front of a hero who's charging a tower with creeps and sending all those explosive clockwork goblins at the creeps, spamming everything and then teleporting away.

2) I suck at RT anything. My reflexes are horrible and I have a tendency to focus on one aspect, completely neglecting other aspects of the game.

3) I once had a rookie who made it up to Sargent who seemed completely immune to mind control, all attempts at it by aliens failed. He had an average will.

Person below me, list 3 subjects you hated in school or college or university.

TheCountAlucard
2014-06-01, 07:12 PM
I really don't hate much. Particularly learning. Classes that I wasn't fond of were mostly because of the teachers. That said, I'll say what I don't like about school in general, if you don't mind...

1) I don't like the idea of forcing anyone to read a particular work; in my experience, it only gives them a resentment toward it. I read White Fang when I was in fourth grade and still pick it up from time to time, but for the life of me I can't remember a single thing they made me read back then (let alone look back fondly on it).
2) I don't like zero-tolerance policies, because by their nature they produce stupid outliers.
3) Mandatory electives is a contradiction; why the crap don't universities realize this?

TPBM, describe any number of your favorite books in list format!

Targ Collective
2014-06-01, 07:25 PM
Hmm. I'm a big reader. You just let yourself in for a ride. :)

No, shoot, you didn't. I'll just list the Big Five.

Thud by Terry Pratchett - next one I read, probably. Excellent book.

Going Postal - big fun.

Donut by Tom Holt - an imaginative look at commercialising parallel realities. Very interesting.

Snuff I like, even though it's one of Pratchett's slower-paced works.

Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett is a good book indeed.

Oh, and a bonus - Night Watch. VERY good look at how Pratchett's civilised Discworld over time by rolling back the clock.

I could go on but there's no offer of cookies so I'm not gonna.

TPBM, give me a list of occultism you're into. The real deal please.

ORione
2014-06-23, 08:56 PM
None. Unless you consider aliens occult; I think there's a good possibility that they exist.

I request 9 facts from TPBM.

TheCountAlucard
2014-06-24, 12:56 PM
About anything? :smalleek:

This one little part of the work-issue box-cutter I use at my job keeps breaking; it's the little metal clip that attaches to the holster. No one else seems to break theirs ever, but even when I get a new box-cutter altogether, it never lasts longer than a week.

I've been watching Kill la Kill on Netflix. It's cheesy and pervy and silly and oh god why can't I stop?!?

My most recent meal was a pack of ramen noodles with a can of peas thrown in. There were a dozen better things I could have eaten, but that's what I was craving.

The cats are so used to my phone's 8:00 AM "feed the cats" alarm that they rush from all over the house the second it goes off.

Thanks to a deal I made with Plague of Hats, I'll be getting two of the deluxe color maps of Creation when Exalted Third Edition comes out.

My sister got me a box of Munchkin cards for Christmas, but I haven't played with them yet. :smallfrown:

I have three books checked out from the library that have their due dates coming up. I still haven't finished them, but I already want to check some more out.

I've been changing my avatar here every once in a while, switching from one Vampire: the Masquerade avatar to another; I'd do it now, but I'm feeling lazy.

My lamp's bulb burned out today, and the light bulb I replaced it with is lighting up the room differently; I don't know when I'll be used to it yet!

Hey, you, TPBM! Nine shows you're fond of!

Laughing Dog
2014-06-24, 01:13 PM
Not in any particular order:

Eureka Seven
Star Trek: TNG
Star Trek: Voyager
Star Trek: DS9
Star Trek: Enterprise
Marvel: Agents of SHIELD
Whose Line Is It Anyways?
Voltron
Looney Toons