PDA

View Full Version : Need some free Premade Campaigns (3.5)

Crukul
2013-11-16, 12:56 AM
So I'm trying my hand both at DMing a game, as well as introducing a bunch of new-folk to the game of D&D 3.5e. I figured the best way to go about this would be to use a Pre-made Campaign, so as to not thoroughly screw everything up due to my own inexperience.

I'd prefer it if someone could give/direct me to some free campaigns that are easily available. I'm testing the waters to see if these guys will even like the game at all, since their entire experience with D&D has just been listening to me talk about it, so I'd rather not sink money into something that might wind up being a total bust if these guys hate actually playing the game.

molten_dragon
2013-11-16, 06:33 AM
So I'm trying my hand both at DMing a game, as well as introducing a bunch of new-folk to the game of D&D 3.5e. I figured the best way to go about this would be to use a Pre-made Campaign, so as to not thoroughly screw everything up due to my own inexperience.

I'd prefer it if someone could give/direct me to some free campaigns that are easily available. I'm testing the waters to see if these guys will even like the game at all, since their entire experience with D&D has just been listening to me talk about it, so I'd rather not sink money into something that might wind up being a total bust if these guys hate actually playing the game.

I don't know of any legal ways to get a full campaign for free. You might be able to find a used copy of some of the older adventure paths that Paizo published (I think the first 3 or 4 used the 3.5 ruleset) pretty cheap though.

Another option is Wizards of the Coast published several short free adventures for 3.5, and you could chain several of those together into a campaign. I don't think they're on WotC website any more (or at least I couldn't find them), but you can find them here (http://rpggeek.com/rpgseries/8869/wizards-of-the-coast-free-adventure-downloads).

skyth
2013-11-16, 06:42 AM
Also, depends on what you mean by campaign. Do you mean a series of adventures meant to go together or do you mean a campaign setting (Like Faerun or Golarion)?

Crukul
2013-11-16, 08:43 AM
Also, depends on what you mean by campaign. Do you mean a series of adventures meant to go together or do you mean a campaign setting (Like Faerun or Golarion)?

The first one, need a series of pre-written adventures that I can use because I am not at all confident in my ability to do the more mechanical aspects of DMing yet.

Devronq
2013-11-16, 08:51 AM
The first one, need a series of pre-written adventures that I can use because I am not at all confident in my ability to do the more mechanical aspects of DMing yet.

Just something to know when using pre made adventures is that they are at an extremely low optimization level. It seems like they were made to be a challenge to character's that were to optimization level of the npcs out of the dmg :p there are a few exceptions such as tomb or horrors but even with a group that is low op I suggest using adventures a bit higher than their level.

Brookshw
2013-11-16, 09:06 AM
There are plenty of homemade campaigns people have posted if that's what you're looking for, here one I found in 3 seconds on Google. http://www.dndadventure.com/dnda_campaigns.html (disclaimer: I have no idea what its about, books it requires, power level etc)

Just hunt around, you can find plenty. They won't have the "polished" look of an official release but its a starting point.