PDA

View Full Version : Factotum Question

Macabros
2013-11-16, 11:22 AM
Is there any way to increase the Spellcasting aspect of the Factotum? Anyway for it to pick up Maneuvers or anything like that?

I know it gets all skills as class skills and the like, but I was wondering if there was a way to build up one or the other aspect a bit more.

The Arcane Dilettante is useful no doubt especially with it changing every day and refreshing every encounter but I was curious if there was a way to increase its power sooner rather then later.

I know about the Chameleon that does give it better benefits and the like but that one has limited spell power for later. Unless another class would work with it better?

Piggy Knowles
2013-11-16, 11:32 AM
I'm awfully fond of Factotum 8/Warblade 2/Legacy Champion 10. You wind up with 9th-level maneuvers with an IL of 19, on top of all the goodies of Factotum 8.

As for a more spellcasting-focused Factotum, Chameleon really is your best bet, but there's always the old standby of Ur-Priest. Divine Crusader and Sublime Chord could also potentially work but require a bit more finagling.

Anyhow, just for fun, let's say...

Factotum 8/Ur-Priest 4/Nar Demonbinder 1/Mystic Theurge 7

(Replace the last two levels of Ur-Priest with anything that progresses divine casting as you'd like.)

For feats, nab Iron Will via Otyugh Hole, and make sure you take Spell Focus (Evil), Spell Focus (conjuration) and Versatile Spellcaster. Might also be worth taking something that can get you 9th-level spells on your NDB side, like Mother Cyst or one of the Dragon Compendium bloodline feats. After that, load up on Font of Inspiration. And there you have it - 9th-level divine spells, 8th-level arcane spells (with the ability to go up to 9 via Versatile Spellcaster + bloodline or Mother Cyst), and enough Factotum for Cunning Surge.

prufock
2013-11-16, 01:45 PM
Piggy mentioned the best ones. The design of the factotum means there aren't really any ways to dual-progress, so you have to give up something of the factotum class to gain what you're asking.

Draz74
2013-11-16, 02:37 PM
Or homebrew. There have been a few attempts to homebrew maneuver-using Factotums.