PDA

View Full Version : Triomancer Project Launched on Kickstarter

PrinceOfMadness
2013-11-16, 03:27 PM
Hey guys!

I'm a longtime lurker and sometime poster here on the GiantITP forums. I'm also the creative lead for a game that's been slowly taking shape over the last couple of years. That project's name is Triomancer, and we've just put it up on Kickstarter. You can find the link here. (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378050084/triomancer)

A few details about the project to pique your interest:

Triomancer is a retro-inspired puzzle-platformer. We take a lot of inspiration from older games like the classic Mario
You control three different apprentice wizards (named Red, Green, and Blue - color-coded for your convenience!) who are on an epic quest to save their master from the demons of hell
One of our overarching project goals is to ensure that every puzzle in the game has got multiple solutions. With woe do I remember the games of the past where I would spend many an hour trying to jump platforms, only to fall to a fiery death.
We're also aiming to ensure that each unique ability has combat and non-combat applications. Example: Red can cast a bolt of ice, which can be used to freeze enemies in place, or else to create a patch of slick ground for puzzles.

You can find out more details on the Kickstarter page, if you're interested! We're also available on Facebook and Twitter - just search for Triomancer!

EDIT: Please note that it's not my intention to spam this project - I just want to promote the link here for people that may be interested in it.

Feel free to ask me any questions as well!

Tebryn
2013-11-17, 05:27 PM
A few things going in. Do you plan on giving out a demo people can play outside of your first stretch goal? That really helps indie games on kickstarter, having followed and funded more than a few and talking with the Devs it'd be a bit of advice I'd mull over. The next thing...may come across as harsh but I'm going to be honest with you. The artwork of the game is...not even mediocre. It looks like it was done in MSPaint and people are going to have reservations giving money to your cause. Especially when the concept art looks pretty solid all told. Your set time of two years is also, from a funds perspective, a little hard to swallow. I wish you luck however and admire you're following your dreams though!

PrinceOfMadness
2013-11-17, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the reply, Tebryn! I'll try to answer your questions in the order you asked you asked them.

Do you plan on giving out a demo people can play outside of your first stretch goal?
Probably not. There's just no way we can produce and distribute a playable demo before the Kickstarter ends, which would be the point of putting together the demo in the first place.

The artwork of the game is...not even mediocre. It looks like it was done in MSPaint and people are going to have reservations giving money to your cause. Especially when the concept art looks pretty solid all told.
We realize that the art style of Triomancer isn't one that's going to appeal to everyone. Our target audience is more the people who come from old-school gaming and will appreciate the throwback to their youth.

Your set time of two years is also, from a funds perspective, a little hard to swallow.
Understandable. We're convinced that we can do it, however, as long as we hit our funding goals. Triomancer is a small scale project and shouldn't exceed two years to develop with the resources we have (barring multiple significant project delays).

I wish you luck however and admire you're following your dreams though!
Thanks! Appreciate the honest feedback.