PDA

View Full Version : Curious Question about a Build

HereBeMonsters
2013-11-16, 03:52 PM
Ok so if I took a Warforged base creature and then applied the Incarnate Construct Template to them and make them made of flesh and bone and looking human. If I then added a +2 Template on them would they be a ECL 0 race before the class levels are added?

What + Templates should I apply to get the most bang for my buck given that I lose virtually everything from the Warforged in the Incarnate Construct template save for maybe the ability scores.

Urpriest
2013-11-16, 07:07 PM
Other way around. Incarnate Construct has a minimum final LA of +0, so you have to have +2 LA before applying the Incarnate Construct template.

HereBeMonsters
2013-11-16, 08:04 PM
Where does it say this? Also it was not believed at the time that there would be a LA 0 Construct class.

Zombulian
2013-11-16, 08:36 PM
Where does it say this? Also it was not believed at the time that there would be a LA 0 Construct class.

Right... but LA doesn't go below zero. Period.

Malimar
2013-11-16, 08:50 PM
Where does it say this?

Right in the template:

Level Adjustment: –2 (minimum 0).

Once you apply the template, your LA goes down by 2, to a minimum of 0. You can't sneak in another template before the "minimum 0" clause takes effect; you have to finish applying Incarnate Construct first, which means obeying its "minimum 0" rule.

HereBeMonsters
2013-11-16, 09:00 PM
I see, so a Incarnate Construct on a Warforged is impossible then since its 0 being reduced by -2 down to 0 which is impossible.

TuggyNE
2013-11-16, 09:14 PM
I see, so a Incarnate Construct on a Warforged is impossible then since its 0 being reduced by -2 down to 0 which is impossible.

It's not impossible, it's just not useful, since IC is a deliberately terrible template and you don't even get the saving grace of the negative LA to compensate.