PDA

View Full Version : Protoman build

Vanitas
2013-11-16, 07:57 PM
Hey guys.
I was recently listening to The Protomen and I thought to myself - how would I make a Protoman build in D&D?
I'm thinking Warforged Warlock with a tower shield. How do I get a tower shield down to 0 ACF, though?
No idea if it can even be done in PF.

Xaotiq1
2013-11-16, 08:31 PM
After looking at various images; I can safely say that Protoman's shield would be a heavy steel shield; just with a bit he can see through (the shield doesn't touch the floor in any of the game pics I could find). So, mithral, githcraft, feycraft, and twilight will get rid if that pesky ASF.

Vanitas
2013-11-16, 08:36 PM
After looking at various images; I can safely say that Protoman's shield would be a heavy steel shield; just with a bit he can see through (the shield doesn't touch the floor in any of the game pics I could find). So, mithral, githcraft, feycraft, and twilight will get rid if that pesky ASF.

Tower shields are supposed to touch the ground? I thought they were like riot gear.

Captnq
2013-11-16, 09:01 PM
What's a protoman?

Prime32
2013-11-16, 09:20 PM
Do you need to go so far as warlock? An armbow could be enough, depending on what you're looking for.

What's a protoman?Nothing but a miserable pile of circuits.

Vanitas
2013-11-16, 09:48 PM
What's a protoman?

Kids these days...

Snowbluff
2013-11-16, 10:14 PM
How about...

Don't play warlock...

Um...

Dissolving Spittle?

Also, I am kind of new-Zero kind of guy. I liked my GBA. And Metroid Fusion and Megaman Zero...

Deophaun
2013-11-16, 10:41 PM
I think I heard the red song again
He wants revenge

Perform (whistle) is a necessity.

Snowbluff
2013-11-16, 10:43 PM

Yeah. This is a must.

Vanitas
2013-11-16, 10:49 PM
I think I heard the red song again
He wants revenge

There was another who came before you
He was a hero and your brother and my son
He fought the darkness and the darkness won

Prime32
2013-11-16, 10:51 PM
How about...

Don't play warlock...

Um...

Dissolving Spittle?Soulmelds or vestiges could work for equipping different weapon systems.

Snowbluff
2013-11-16, 10:51 PM
Soulmelds or vestiges could work for equipping different weapon systems.

A third option would be Reserve feats.

Vanitas
2013-11-16, 11:09 PM
A third option would be Reserve feats.

Let's go with both.

Malroth
2013-11-16, 11:12 PM
Warforged Psychic Rogue 1/warlock8/Hellfire warlock 3/binder 1 is a good place to start, With hellfire damage, sneak attack dice, craven and Psionic shot Eldricth blast becomes a level appropiate damage source. Dex SAD as long as you dont care about the save DC's on your blasts.

SoraWolf7
2013-11-17, 12:42 AM
I think someone posted a Megaman X build as a Warforged Artificer...

Here it is. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16246615&postcount=28)I'd suggest using the wand arm-slot mechanic to replicate the Proto Buster and being able to heal your shield, but you did want to go with Warlock. And don't forget Proto Man can use his shield to charge people.

lytokk
2013-11-18, 12:07 PM
Just because it doesn't look like anyone explicitly said it, Protoman is MegaMan's older brother. The story goes he was the original prototype built by Drs. Light and Wily for their bipedal robots that would help civilization. Dr. Wily stole the original 6 robot masters, and Light had to transform Rock (who was originally a housekeeping bot) into Megaman (or Rockman depending on which you prefer). the story kinda gets hazy at this point, where the prototype actually becomes protoman, but he shows up in Megaman 3 as an adversary, then I believe in 4 becomes a good guy, showing he was planning on double crossing Wily anyway.

if you want the complete history of megaman, don't forget to read the webcomic Bob and George. Its really spelt out in a manner anyone can comprehend.

Novawurmson
2013-11-18, 01:13 PM
For PF: Aegis (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis)+Soulbolt (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/soulbolt) Soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife).