PDA

View Full Version : [PF] (Witch + Lore Warden) Hex Striker

Blyte
2013-11-16, 08:13 PM
currently playing a lvl 2 witch and getting close to leveling up.. my first witch and I did 0 planning.

I've been getting bored and thinking about making him a fighter mage of sorts.

I was thinking of dipping lore warden for level 3 and taking improved unarmed strike and hex strike (slumber hex).

anyone test the effectiveness of hex strike out there?

it's a fairly low optimization game, and I think stunting the spell progression of my witch a bit will help keep it low op

my rolled stats so far are.

14 str
13 dex
15 con
17 int
12 wis
12 cha

avr
2013-11-16, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure where you're going with this. If you're using standard, non-monk unarmed strike, hex strike just makes your slumber hex contingent on hitting someone in melee (save still required) and does truly insignificant damage. If you take the feat you'd be more effective not using it.

If you want to play a gish, switching to magus (hexcrafter) could keep the flavour while not being high-op, if you are allowed to do so.

Edit: If you have to multiclass, magus at least gets some mileage out of hex strike via spell combat. You wouldn't get the IUS prereq out of the class though, so you'd have to wait until character level 6 or multiclass twice; once to loremaster fighter or monk, then magus at character level 4. Truly low op, but you wouldn't feel stupid each time you used hex strike.