PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class for Paladin with no spells?

Vec
2013-11-16, 09:26 PM
What are some good Prestige classes for a Paladin varient with no spells?

Cog
2013-11-16, 09:30 PM
What are some good Prestige classes for a Paladin varient with no spells?

If you already have decided on a spell-less variant, you've probably given some thought to which of those, and to what you're starting out with. Letting us know that will help. Otherwise, the answer is likely a PrC that gives you spellcasting off its own list.

Vec
2013-11-16, 10:27 PM
If you already have decided on a spell-less variant, you've probably given some thought to which of those, and to what you're starting out with. Letting us know that will help. Otherwise, the answer is likely a PrC that gives you spellcasting off its own list.

Actully I've only recently gotten back into d&d and joined a group that had a level 10 paladin to play. In all honesty I don't know anything about prestige classes.

dspeyer
2013-11-16, 10:52 PM
Your actual best bet is probably Crusader. It's not technically a PrC, but it feels like one because of ToB multiclassing rules.

Alternatively, Cavalier is good for mounted combat, including it advances your mount, which can be quite nice by this level.

Red Fel
2013-11-17, 12:31 AM
Frankly, you don't need PrCs, there are plenty of base class options available.

Paladins can take the Holy Warrior ACF from Complete Champion, which gives up spellcasting but gains a feat progression similar to that of the Fighter. Complete Warrior also offers a spell-less variant.

Crusader has also been mentioned - and it's a great choice. I would also mention Soulborn, which is admittedly a poor class but very Paladin-esque, and adds Incarnum to the mix.

If you like Paladin PrCs, I would recommend Fist of Raziel, which advances spellcasting but really doesn't need it, or Ordained Champion, which can basically convert spells into charges of useful abilities. If you insist on abandoning spellcasting, consider Hellreaver, which is also a pretty great class. Champion of Corellon Larethian is a sort of Paladin-of-the-elves class, but has a nasty feat tax to it.

Vec
2013-11-18, 01:20 AM
Frankly, you don't need PrCs, there are plenty of base class options available.

Paladins can take the Holy Warrior ACF from Complete Champion, which gives up spellcasting but gains a feat progression similar to that of the Fighter. Complete Warrior also offers a spell-less variant.

Crusader has also been mentioned - and it's a great choice. I would also mention Soulborn, which is admittedly a poor class but very Paladin-esque, and adds Incarnum to the mix.

If you like Paladin PrCs, I would recommend Fist of Raziel, which advances spellcasting but really doesn't need it, or Ordained Champion, which can basically convert spells into charges of useful abilities. If you insist on abandoning spellcasting, consider Hellreaver, which is also a pretty great class. Champion of Corellon Larethian is a sort of Paladin-of-the-elves class, but has a nasty feat tax to it.

I like the Champion of Corellon Larethian a lot, sadly I don't have the feats for it, but I'll have to play one soon.

Spore
2013-11-18, 07:35 AM
While not being the best Paladin archetype, Pathfinder has a Paladin variant without spells: The Warrior of the Holy Light (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/coreClasses/paladin.html#_warrior-of-the-holy-light)

Remember, no spell list means you need UMD for Healing Wands.