PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful fantasy-style map of my county

Heliomance
2013-11-16, 09:47 PM
So I cam across an absolutely amazing map of my county today, that looks gorgeous and fantasy and I totally have to run a game in at some point. I figured I'd share it if anyone else fancied using it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzrmx2innf3jhoj/2013-11-16%2015.53.42.jpg

Sorry for hyperlink, I can't work out how to link the image from dropbox and for some reason it was refusing to upload to Photobucket properly.

Angel Bob
2013-11-17, 09:49 AM
Nice find! Maps of England work really well as campaign maps, for obvious reasons. My father hails from Churchover, Warwickshire, and I've used the layout of the village for several campaigns already. Very quaint. To be honest, your map looks a little dense to me -- I prefer my campaign maps with more wide, open expanses of wilderness -- but if your campaign's gonna feature settlements more prominently, that map should do well.

BWR
2013-11-17, 10:02 AM
Beautiful map (unsurprisingly), drawn by an ancestor of mine.

Heliomance
2013-11-17, 06:47 PM
Beautiful map (unsurprisingly), drawn by an ancestor of mine.

Oh? You're related to John Speede? Awesome!

Nice find! Maps of England work really well as campaign maps, for obvious reasons. My father hails from Churchover, Warwickshire, and I've used the layout of the village for several campaigns already. Very quaint. To be honest, your map looks a little dense to me -- I prefer my campaign maps with more wide, open expanses of wilderness -- but if your campaign's gonna feature settlements more prominently, that map should do well.

I could always just increase the scale, turn all those hills into mountains, and say it's a whole country.