PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Mindblank

rmaunus
2013-11-17, 04:00 AM
If I have mindblank on, can I willingly allow inspire courage and other things affect me?

Edit: I'm using the Tarrasque monster classes from here, if that makes a difference.

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=plkdiri5f3l7fa92p6i497j3f4&topic=2604.0

Alleran
2013-11-17, 04:53 AM
I would say no, unless there's a specific exception in the spell itself that allows you to lower it (which I can't see, skimming the text on the d20SRD). You're immune to all negative effects, but also to positive ones.

Emperor Tippy
2013-11-17, 08:57 AM
Yes. Per the rules as written any immunity can be temporarily suppressed by the individual if it wants to suppress it. Even ones that make absolutely no sense.

Andezzar
2013-11-17, 09:16 AM
Yes. Per the rules as written any immunity can be temporarily suppressed by the individual if it wants to suppress it. Even ones that make absolutely no sense.Doesn't that cost a standard action like lowering SR?

Urpriest
2013-11-17, 12:43 PM
Doesn't that cost a standard action like lowering SR?

Not explicitly. The quote is

Voluntarily Giving up a Saving Throw

A creature can voluntarily forego a saving throw and willingly accept a spell’s result. Even a character with a special resistance to magic (for example, an elf's resistance to sleep effects) can suppress this quality.

So you would assume it is the same action as willingly foregoing a saving throw, i.e. no action. However, if you're going to use that implication you also need to assume that it takes place when offered a saving throw, so it wouldn't work with abilities that don't offer a saving throw like Inspire Courage.