PDA

View Full Version : Fear

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-17, 11:29 AM
What do you think each characters biggest phobia/fear is? Looking back at the dream sequence, I wonder what the opposite would be like. Their fear could be something happening to them, something happening to someone else, or a certain creature or object. I'm not just talking about slight scare, I'm talking about biggest fear. Here are my ideas:

Durkon: A tree-beard
Roy: Xykon's rotten, but preserved, appendix
Belkar: Immortality
Haley: The taxman
Elan: Aunt Laurin
V: Nyarlathotep crouching in the bushes

And some more:

Xykon: The letter Z
Redcloak: The Colour Purple
MITD: UV lights
Nale: Hell
Tarquin: Money
Miron: His own spells
Lee: Nero
Nero: Lee

And as a special extra for those who obtained the Collector's Edition of this thread:

Yuki Akuma: Haley's Razor
Kish: Me
Vinsfeld: A frog's kiss
Roland: The law
Luna_Mayflower: D... oh, you nearly got me there!

Euclidodese
2013-11-17, 02:22 PM
Immortality for Belkar?
He didn't die in his dream, he died in the other guys' dream, so that's not the opposite.

Maybe if he was diabetic so he couldn't drink?
Or even old and wheelchair-bound in a nursing home, unable to kill anything and relying on others for help.

137beth
2013-11-17, 03:52 PM
Malack: anyone who discovers that his true name is Jake, as foretold by Luna

Laurin: Elan finding out that his Aunt Laurin is really a barbed devil

Miko: A duel with Vampire Soon

Qarr: Sabine shapeshifted into a barbed devil impersonating Laurin/Spiky

Sabine: Ian StarMetalShine polymorphed into a paladin

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-17, 05:27 PM
137ben: Malack trying to kiss him
Malack: Diabetics
Quarr: Being touched by the Pit Fiend's mother.
Ian: The dark
The Milk Duds: Psy Steve

And Belkar is afraid of other people being immortal, so he can't kill them see?

Ramien
2013-11-17, 05:32 PM
Roy: Eugene being right.
Durkon: Thor switching to Light beer.
Haley: Global economic collapse
Elan: Banjo stops answering his prayers
Belkar: Having Elijah Wood cast to play him
V: Belkar follows up on the 'incident'

Eugene: Roy being right.

Xykon: Tsukiko learning how to control liches
Redcloak: The Dark one changing his holy color to blue
MITD: Massive power outage turning out the lights.
Demon Roaches: Clean floors

Goblin Dan: running out of BBQ sauce (Ever had Hydra without sauce?)

Nale: Losing his voice
Thog: Out of fudge ripple
Sabine: Getting reassigned to Pompey
Z: Giving a speech.

Tarquin: Julio Scoundrél stealing the spotlight. (Gotta keep it topical)
Laurin: Finding Hannah is moonlighting as an adventurer.
Malack: Tooth decay
Shoulderpad Guy: Forgetting his name

Euclidodese
2013-11-17, 05:34 PM
And Belkar is afraid of other people being immortal, so he can't kill them see?Oooh I see. Sorry.
Although... If people are immortal, he'd never run out of things to stab... He didn't get bored of decapitating that hydra...

Rover
2013-11-17, 05:43 PM
MITD: UV lights

But it's okay even if it hurts! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0194.html)

Ron Miel
2013-11-17, 05:43 PM
Elan does not know the meaning of fear.

There's lots of words he doesn't know the meaning of.

Bulldog Psion
2013-11-17, 07:16 PM
Roy: Eugene being right.
Durkon: Thor switching to Light beer.
Haley: Global economic collapse
Elan: Banjo stops answering his prayers
Belkar: Having Elijah Wood cast to play him
V: Belkar follows up on the 'incident'

This is excellent. :smallsmile: I especially like Durkon's and Belkar's fears -- hilarious! :smallbiggrin:

Ramien
2013-11-17, 07:25 PM

That just means he can hurt them more. He can make them beg for death that will never come.

martianmister
2013-11-17, 08:07 PM
Durkon: Dying without honour/s.
Roy: Failure (to save the world).
Belkar: Death.
Haley: Death of her father.
Elan: A bad ending.
V: Belkar's lips.
Xykon: Rich Baker.
Redcloak: You-know-who's ghost.
MITD: Darkness.
Jirix: O-Chul.
Tsukiko: Rainbows and pinky things.
Nale: Failure (to rule the world).
Tarquin: Time.
Malack: Blood shortage.
Miron: Living in poverty.
Laurin: Death of her daughter.
Kilkil: Malack.
Miko: Being wrong.
Hinjo: Being wrong.
Shojo: Being caught.
O-Chul: Mr. Scruffy.
Lien: Sharktopus.

Dumbledore lives
2013-11-17, 08:19 PM
I think Belkar would genuinely fear being immortal. He has changed since the mark of justice, and I think he doesn't want to continue hurting people forever. If he dies in a blaze of glory helping his team I think that would honestly make him happy, but if he lives forever the order of the stick will be gone and he will still be there, alone, and truly afraid.

Drakilian
2013-11-17, 08:25 PM
Durkon: Thor deciding to become the patron god of trees.

Roy: Having his sword destroyed by Xykon in such a way that it can never be re-forged, while Xykon calls him "Loyd redblade" and his friends are all being killed by magic-resistant undeads that only his sword can destroy.

Belkar: Being cursed in such a fashion that whenever he felt the desire to kill someone, he would be forced to compliment them, with a smile. And whenever he tried to kill someone, he would instead kneel on the ground and praise their glory. Oh, and he would be rendered impotent.

Haley: Elan hooking up with assassin girl.

Elan: A silence spell

Varsuuvius: Familicide accidentally killing his/her family OR Belkar's penis.

Xykon: Someone that he is wholly unable to kill drinking horrible coffee in front of him.

Redcloak: Right-eye being resurrected.

MITD: Famine.

Tarquin: Being narratively insignificant.

Trillium
2013-11-18, 04:02 AM
Let's keep this depressive.

Roy: Eugene's experiments.
Durkon: Prophecy, that he will die in a far-away land, without proper burial, be turned into a vicious undead monster and bring ruination to his homeland.
Elan: Being cheated by Roy and left alone in some god-forsaken inn.
Haley: Elan betraying her and her father to Tarquin.
Belkar: Death of Mr. Scruffy.
V: Loss of all magical power and hir soul in a futile attempt to save his friends and family. And being blamed for that.

Xykon: The Great Fire Below. Just fire, with no coffee, no demons to crack jokes to - nothing. Just pain and regret and boredom.
Redcloak: Seeing the faces of all the goblinoids he sacrificed for his quest, after he failed, with Right-Eye in front.
MITD: Being mind-controlled to murder O-Chul.

Tarquin: Being absentmindedly annihilated by some random villain, without effort, second thought, or any care about role or theme or legacy.
Laurin: Being exposed as an evil tyrantess (or is it tyrantrix?) and executed in front of her daughter.

Miko: Understanding, that she has been wrong. All her life. And had never been a true Paladin, for she was never really Good. (Hope that's what's actually happened when she died).
Soon: Lies, treachery and illusion proving to be a better safeguard for a gate, than any honour unbreakable.

Black Dragon Mother: Bringing death to her countless relatives and friends in a just attempt to avenge her horribly murdered innocent child.

RMS Oceanic
2013-11-18, 04:07 AM
:smallconfused: Why would Malack fear diabetics? Depending on their control of it, it would just mean they have sweeter tasting blood to mix things up.

Unless they had absolutely no control and the blood was festooned with ketones: It would make his meal more acidic and maybe give him heartburn. :smallbiggrin:

Souhiro
2013-11-18, 04:13 AM
Behold! I have the greatest fear of almost everybody in the world:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-e3PZ8xen60c/UlXIgQXZEoI/AAAAAAAAAqs/V3UqSd7Z_iM/w448-h404-no/BELKAR.jpg

Ramien
2013-11-18, 04:37 AM
Behold! I have the greatest fear of almost everybody in the world:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-e3PZ8xen60c/UlXIgQXZEoI/AAAAAAAAAqs/V3UqSd7Z_iM/w448-h404-no/BELKAR.jpg

The only fear that brings is that there may never be music truly metal enough to deserve that album cover.

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-18, 07:25 AM
Black Dragon Mother: Bringing death to her countless relatives and friends in a just attempt to avenge her horribly murdered innocent child.

Innocent? The monster attacked the OOTS the second they appeared, without even saying a word. V might like to think it's all her fault, but, while she was a little overboard with the mass slaughter, acting in defence.

Kish
2013-11-18, 07:33 AM
Innocent? The monster attacked the OOTS the second they appeared, without even saying a word.

Really? There's a strip for you between the strip that shows the black dragon staring at the Order, and the strip that skips to the combat already in progress, that shows who attacks first? Huh, it's totally not loading for me.

V might like to think it's all her fault, but, while she was a little overboard with the mass slaughter, acting in defence.
...A little. Sigh.

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-18, 07:51 AM
Really? There's a strip for you between the strip that shows the black dragon staring at the Order, and the strip that skips to the combat already in progress, that shows who attacks first? Huh, it's totally not loading for me.

...A little. Sigh.

It's ok, I know you fear me, but we can find the truth together. And the order were scared of the dragon, I doubt they would have attacked first, or fought at all if they could avoid it.

Anyway, please let's not make this another V's moral's thread. Let's get back to... fear.

Kish
2013-11-18, 08:00 AM
Anyway, please let's not make this another V's moral's thread. Let's get back to... fear.
If you don't want to continue the argument you started, why is the first half of the post in which you ask that it not be continued you reasserting your position?

"Why I hate Jake/Malack" is new and amusing. "From Malack With Love" is new and amusing." "It's beginning to look a lot like Durkons" is new and amusing.

"Why the young black dragon should be assumed to have behaved in a way that justifies killing him" is old and dull.

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-18, 08:44 AM
If you don't want to continue the argument you started, why is the first half of the post in which you ask that it not be continued you reasserting your position?

"Why I hate Jake/Malack" is new and amusing. "From Malack With Love" is new and amusing." "It's beginning to look a lot like Durkons" is new and amusing.

"Why the young black dragon should be assumed to have behaved in a way that justifies killing him" is old and dull.

You're right... I'm sorry. I must get back to my blackboard of random, ordered chaos!

Kish
2013-11-18, 08:58 AM
You know, you really make a better fear for Tarquin than for me.

(Though, perhaps, what Tarquin fears is now descending on him, on a blue flying carpet.)

Souhiro
2013-11-18, 11:48 AM
Redcloak worst fears:
- Xykon turning on him.
- Losing the control he think he has
- His brother. Looking at his empty eye.
- Me (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10562330)
- The Shappire Guard, in a Shappire Jaegger, dropping the head of The Dark One at his feet, killed by the paladins. As he loses his powers, as every cleric in gobbotopia loses his powers, and the Crimson Mantle turns to dust, The Azure Jaegger grabs the one-eyed gobbo, breaking every bone in his body with his implacable hand of steel and titanium, and then O'Chul, the main pilot, just say "Where is your god now? Ah... yes, I know: It is in a lot of places. And pieces. As you shall be. But not too soon".

I think that Redcloak is living in fear.

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-18, 07:21 PM
Redcloak worst fears:
- Xykon turning on him.
- Losing the control he think he has
- His brother. Looking at his empty eye.
- Me (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10562330)
- The Shappire Guard, in a Shappire Jaegger, dropping the head of The Dark One at his feet, killed by the paladins. As he loses his powers, as every cleric in gobbotopia loses his powers, and the Crimson Mantle turns to dust, The Azure Jaegger grabs the one-eyed gobbo, breaking every bone in his body with his implacable hand of steel and titanium, and then O'Chul, the main pilot, just say "Where is your god now? Ah... yes, I know: It is in a lot of places. And pieces. As you shall be. But not too soon".

I think that Redcloak is living in fear.

I would torture Redcloack to death, then raise him, then torture him to death again, and keep doing it until he is a Lvl-1, with a CON of One. Then I would WISH that all his Strenght, Dexterity, Inteligence, Wisdom and Charisma will dissapear and strengenth his Constitution, so he could torture him to death many, many times more.

Then, when he has all his Atributes to 1, use another WISH, to know what is exactly the way in wich the Crimson Mantle can be utterly destroyed, what consecuences will carry that destruction and ways to prevent damage from that destruction.

And destroy the crimson mantle in front of Redcloak.

Then torture him to death for a last time.

Lastly, I would ask for Atonement and go to "Living la vida loca"

Well, that sounds like fighting talk! You have offended me sir, and now we must fight. Thing is, about three days ago, I talked to Redcloak. We became the best of friends. We promised to fight for each other. Now, you have threatened my blood brother! :redcloak: :redcloak: :redcloak: :redcloak:

You realise the "consecuences" will never be the same!

Also, as a note, if he had 0 INT, WIS and CHA, I'm pretty sure he would be in a coma or the like and unable to feel pain, or anything.

Vinsfeld
2013-11-18, 11:38 PM
Vinsfeld: A frog's kiss

Damn it! Wha.... Who.... How did you know that?

Is it a female frog? I'm not into males.

Rakoa
2013-11-18, 11:59 PM
Man I love these threads. I think most of the characters fears have been covered quite adequately. I would bet Tarquin's would be a poorly written short story by an illiterate high school student. Or an amateur author writing a crappy novel in Starbucks.

Benthesquid
2013-11-19, 12:23 AM
Dying, alone and in pain, and knowing that they have failed in all of their goals.

Trillium
2013-11-19, 03:48 AM
Innocent? The monster attacked the OOTS the second they appeared, without even saying a word. V might like to think it's all her fault, but, while she was a little overboard with the mass slaughter, acting in defence.

I believe across the ocean it is called Stand Your Ground Law. What would you do, if a bunch of armed murderous adventurers invaded your home, and you knew you had something precious they may be after? It was self-defense.

Greatmoustache
2013-11-19, 08:51 AM
Let's keep this depressive.

Roy: Eugene's experiments.
Durkon: Prophecy, that he will die in a far-away land, without proper burial, be turned into a vicious undead monster and bring ruination to his homeland.
Elan: Being cheated by Roy and left alone in some god-forsaken inn.
Haley: Elan betraying her and her father to Tarquin.
Belkar: Death of Mr. Scruffy.
V: Loss of all magical power and hir soul in a futile attempt to save his friends and family. And being blamed for that.

Xykon: The Great Fire Below. Just fire, with no coffee, no demons to crack jokes to - nothing. Just pain and regret and boredom.
Redcloak: Seeing the faces of all the goblinoids he sacrificed for his quest, after he failed, with Right-Eye in front.
MITD: Being mind-controlled to murder O-Chul.

Tarquin: Being absentmindedly annihilated by some random villain, without effort, second thought, or any care about role or theme or legacy.
Laurin: Being exposed as an evil tyrantess (or is it tyrantrix?) and executed in front of her daughter.

Miko: Understanding, that she has been wrong. All her life. And had never been a true Paladin, for she was never really Good. (Hope that's what's actually happened when she died).
Soon: Lies, treachery and illusion proving to be a better safeguard for a gate, than any honour unbreakable.

you're horrible person. i don't want to play with you anymore! =(

Trillium
2013-11-19, 09:48 AM
you're horrible person. i don't want to play with you anymore! =(

That means my post hits the right spots. Thanks for your feedback. :smallcool:

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-21, 11:49 AM
Belkar's penis.

Well, there we go.

That means my post hits the right spots. Thanks for your feedback. :smallcool:

You're a grand person, and I want to dance with you all night long.

Souhiro
2013-11-21, 12:05 PM
O'chul: None. Paladins are immune to fear. DEAL WITH IT!

Haley: Elan kissing Sabine.
Roy: Become like his dad.
Elan: I think that none, because he looks goofy, but may be the bravest and most daring man alive.
V: Revealing his/her gender
Durkon: Become an undead
Durkula: Losing his friend and sire Malak
The Belkster/Death Small Sized Helper: Something bad happening to Mr Scruffy
Blackwing: Being eaten by Mr Scruffy
Mr Scruffy: He's a Cat: He doesn't have any fear, he knows no pain, he has claws and fangs, and he will kill anyone who dares to opose him!
Mr Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator: Look at Mr. Scruffy entry, scratch "Cat" and write "a Mother(bleep) dinosaur"

Slattern: Gipsy Danger
Ootachi: Gipsy Danger
LeatherBack: Gipsy Danger
Knifehead: Gipsy Danger

Luna_Mayflower: You are sworn brother with Redcloak, but... a Fear for you :p Tsukiko in the Mirror!!

Trillium: A fear for you, too: The Power Rangers!

A fear for myself: Run out of gas for chainsaws! I have recurring nightmares with it!

Luna_Mayflower
2013-11-21, 12:16 PM
Luna_Mayflower: You are sworn brother with Redcloak, but... a Fear for you :p Tsukiko in the Mirror!!

*Looks in the mirror* Nooooo! Aaahhhhh! *Melts*

Don't you know that the Tsukiko I really fear
Is the one who's in the mirror
and she looks like me
she looks
just
me!

Harbinger
2013-11-21, 11:06 PM
Xykon: Jay-Z

Malack: Edward Cullen

Tarquin: Tommy Wiseau

Haley: John Lennon's "Imagine"

Roy: His sword becoming a wizard.

MitD: Becoming a vampire.

Tsukiko: Mummy rot

Belkar: Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator eating Mr. Scruffy.

Mr. Scruffy: Being eaten by Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator.

Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator: Being unable to connect to his feline friend on an emotional level, due to the latter's fear and distrust of him.

thog: being force-fed puppy flavored ice cream

Kilkil: An overdue tax report.

Durkula: Sunny-D

137beth
2013-11-22, 12:09 AM

My guesses were totally off...

Okay, Polearm Emporium Salesperson....cheese? Someone with Detect thoughts to figure out he doesn't have any polearms (or cheese)? Laurin?

Thog: Therkla! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0066.html)

AgentofHellfire
2013-11-24, 04:56 PM
Hrm...my own guesses:

Roy: Thinking about it...
Haley: Definitely being abandoned, by Elan among others.
Elan: Having his creativity squashed, something like being raised by Tarquin.
Vaarsuvius: Being rendered an idiot, without power, without skill, and being mocked for all this as well.
Durkon: He already outright said it, didn't he? Dying in a foreign land, separated from all his friends and brethren.
Belkar: Losing his two only skillsets, and being humiliated about that.

Xykon: Straight-up, physical non-existence, pure and simple.
Redcloak: Losing both his intellect and his morality.

Nale: Exactly the same as Vaarsuvius. To a tee.
Tarquin: Being rendered an average person. An extra in someone else's story.
Malack: Unsure...

Gift Jeraff
2013-11-24, 05:10 PM
Roy: DNA test revealing that he is closely related to Elan.
Elan: An unhappy ending.
Haley: Being betrayed by someone she trusted.
Belkar: Mr. Scruffy dying.
Vaarsuvius: Being responsible for a loved one's death.
Durkon: Becoming undead.
Blackwing: Extinction events.

Xykon: Death.
Redcloak: Being wrong.
MitD: Finding out he's invisible.
Tsukiko: Being alone.

Nale: DNA test revealing that he is closely related to Thog.
Thog: Teletubbies with cooties.
Zz'dtri: Spiders. Poor kid was mocked for it all his life.
Qarr: Unemployment.
Malack: Destruction.

Miko: Windstriker dying.

Right-Eye: Redcloak raising his daughter.

Ramien
2013-11-24, 05:35 PM
Roy: DNA test revealing that he is closely related to Elan.

Is it wrong that, by this point, I think Roy would actually be happier being related to Elan (on Elan's mother's side) than to Eugene? Elan may crush his spirit, but he's still unquestionably good, and *cough* unwilling to abandon his family.

Souhiro
2013-11-25, 06:03 AM
Belkar: Losing his two only skillsets, and being humiliated about that.

I don't get this... Belkar's two skillsets are...

Killing People
Petting Mr Scruffy
Petting Bloodfest the Extreme-Inator
Hanging with Girls taller than him
Kick Ass
Gourmet Chef
Walk barefoot
Be less than 3ft tall

Sir_Leorik
2013-11-25, 12:56 PM
Worst fears?

Durkon: Trees, sunlight, mirrors, rivers, garlic, Belkar cooking something with garlic and light beer.

Roy: Elan being right, Belkar being right and his father learning about that time Roy put on the Belt of Feminity/Masculinity to save Elan.

Haley: Seeing her treasure destroyed, losing Elan, losing her Father, waking up before 11:00 AM and having to keep control of Belkar.

Vaarsuvius: Losing her family, having her soul yanked away at a crucial moment by the IFCC, being lusted after by Belkar and confessing her sins to the rest of the party.

Elan: Losing Haley, losing Banjo, disappointing Roy, his father's utter depravity, the subterrenean monster under his bedroll, being chased by wolves while wearing a ceremonial meat costume and unemployment.

Belkar: Dying alone and unloved.

Redcloak: Screwing up the plan, having to face Right-Eye every time he looks in a mirror and that Xykon will figure out Redcloak's conning him before they can complete the ritual.

Xykon: Losing his keys.

Demon Roaches: Getting squished.

O-Chul: Nothing.

Lien: Nothing.

Hinjo: Nothing.

Kish
2013-11-25, 01:51 PM
I don't get this... Belkar's two skillsets are...

Killing People
Petting Mr Scruffy
Petting Bloodfest the Extreme-Inator
Hanging with Girls taller than him
Kick Ass
Gourmet Chef
Walk barefoot
Be less than 3ft tall

And apparently Souhiro fears counting.

Souhiro
2013-11-26, 08:36 AM
And apparently Souhiro fears counting.
Yes. I do
But, which two skillsets did you meant?

Sir_Leorik
2013-11-26, 12:17 PM
Yes. I do
But, which two skillsets did you meant?

Gourmet cooking and killing things. Those are Belkar's two skillsets, because he hasn't put any skill points into skills that maximize his other Ranger class features, and his Wisdom is too low to cast spells.

Belkar is basically Roadblock from "G.I. Joe", but shorter and much less endearing. (And less skilled; Roadblock can pilot an F-15, drive a tank and rhyme on a dime. :smalltongue:)

Souhiro
2013-11-27, 09:17 AM
Belkar is basically Roadblock from "G.I. Joe", but shorter and much less endearing. (And less skilled; Roadblock can pilot an F-15, drive a tank and rhyme on a dime. :smalltongue:)

Oh, but can Redblock make friends with an Allosaurus, and most important, can he do THIS?

Sir_Leorik
2013-11-27, 10:43 AM
Oh, but can Redblock make friends with an Allosaurus, and most important, can he do THIS?

Didn't Roadblock do something similar in the second "G.I. Joe" five part special ("The Revenge of Cobra!")? His F-15 "Skystriker" crashed due to Cobra's Weather Dominator(TM), and he was separated from Flint and Mutt due to giant vines. Later he escaped the vines and he and a civillian figured out how to manipulate the vines to destroy the foundation of Cobra's base.

Souhiro
2013-11-27, 11:17 AM
Man, I mean POSE FOR HEAVY METAL COVERS.

Come on, I think that this one is indeed one of Roy's biggest fears: Belkar, behaving like a ranger.

NihhusHuotAliro
2013-11-29, 04:57 PM
Roy's biggest fear is of us reptiles taking over the world and regaining our natural place as the superior class.