PDA

View Full Version : Youngling half-dragon goblin Swarm?

Jgosse
2013-11-17, 04:56 PM
could this be a possible thing and how would I do it?

Particle_Man
2013-11-17, 06:05 PM
Where is the youngling template from? I take it that it reduces the size of a creature?

Jgosse
2013-11-17, 09:26 PM
Where is the youngling template from? I take it that it reduces the size of a creature?

I don't know if there is such a thing as a Youngling template. Hence why I came to the playground to find out.

CTrees
2013-11-17, 09:54 PM
Well, Pathfinder has a Young template, which even comes with a -1 CR. So this would actually work. You'd end up with a swarm of 1,000 flying, half-dragon goblin children, which... is an odd mental image. Especially when they use the breath weapon.

ArcturusV
2013-11-17, 09:54 PM
Possibly... Hmm. I believe there is a child template in a few places. Mostly 3rd party though. Book of Erotic Fantasy has one. I think another was in Dragon Magazine or maybe Bastards and Bloodlines? I can't remember, but I know there's another one out there as I had heard mention of it. After getting the child template (Which I think the BoEF one has something like -6 to all physical stats, minimum of 3).

Phelix-Mu
2013-11-17, 09:56 PM
Well, Pathfinder has a Young template, which even comes with a -1 CR. So this would actually work. You'd end up with a swarm of 1,000 flying, half-dragon goblin children, which... is an odd mental image. Especially when they use the breath weapon.

All I could picture when you said "use the breath weapon" was that they'd all breath, and accidentally kill each other. Not that it would really work like that.:smallamused:

Jgosse
2013-11-17, 11:40 PM

I may take a look at that see if I can adapt it. only large or larger creatures get wings though I never liked that part.

Particle_Man
2013-11-18, 12:19 AM
Well if you are not attached to the "young" template you could use the Mob rules in DMG II which is like Swarm but for bigger things.

Not sure how the Breath Weapon would work out of a Swarm/Mob though. It seems like either it would be very weak or overwhelmingly powerful.

Jgosse
2013-11-18, 12:25 AM
Well if you are not attached to the "young" template you could use the Mob rules in DMG II which is like Swarm but for bigger things.

Not sure how the Breath Weapon would work out of a Swarm/Mob though. It seems like either it would be very weak or overwhelmingly powerful.

That does not really work for the story.