PDA

View Full Version : the best skeleton or zombie of 2hd money can buy?

CyberThread
2013-11-17, 06:33 PM
What would you say the best skeleton or zombie, you can have with 2HD, that can be found to control?

The Viscount
2013-11-17, 11:07 PM
I don't have much in the skeleton department I consider worth animating at 2HD. What is it that you're looking for in terms of use?

Phelix-Mu
2013-11-18, 12:01 AM
Probably a clawed quadruped of some kind. I was thinking it could make a good laborer/pack animal, and some animals have okay claw damage. I'd have to look around for a good example, as this is way outside my normal area of expertise. But there's my guess.

WinWin
2013-11-18, 02:10 AM
Eagle zombies are decent. 2 talons, bite and slam. Flight 80.

If you wanted the 'best' creature. Dumpster dive through monster manuals, focussing on Outsiders and templates.

Zombies retain extraordinary movement modes and abilities that improve attacks, so look for 1hd creatures that boast unusual attack modes, or templates that grant extraordinary benefits, eg. A 1hd Swarm.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-11-18, 02:21 AM
One that has been made by a dread necromancer 8/necromancer acf wizard 1 with all the corpsecrafter feats with (desecrate? There's a spell to give undead 2hp if its used in its making). You'll get +8hp per hit die, it'll explode when it dies, +4 strength and dex and a couple other nice things.

ShurikVch
2013-11-18, 03:14 AM
Fact: all petitioners are 2 HD.
Petitioner Great wyrm? Why not?
And, because money can buy even Wish, any non-unique, non-immortal creature is available.

Novawurmson
2013-11-18, 09:36 AM
Probably a clawed quadruped of some kind. I was thinking it could make a good laborer/pack animal, and some animals have okay claw damage. I'd have to look around for a good example, as this is way outside my normal area of expertise. But there's my guess.

Skeleton cat. It's like a regular cat, but it has damage reduction.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-11-18, 12:02 PM
Skeleton cat. It's like a regular cat, but it has damage reduction.

Commoners, run for your lives?

Zubrowka74
2013-11-18, 12:20 PM
Commoners, run for your lives?

Zombie commoners.