PDA

View Full Version : Work around feat requirements?

Gwazi Magnum
2013-11-17, 09:32 PM
Mainly just asking in regards to Caster level or character level requirements on feats.

But in general as well do people know of any good ways to work around requirements for feats?

FrznTear
2013-11-17, 09:34 PM
I believe that it is commonly accepted that an item that grants a feat counts, but then you better not lose the item.

On the top of my head there should be one that grants two-weapon fighting and another for mounted combat.

Waker
2013-11-17, 10:33 PM
It really depends on the feat in question. For stuff like Item Creation feats, you can use Practiced Caster to help get around requirements, as well as other caster level boosters.
Items can grant the feat while worn, such as Mobility Armor.
And then you have feats that qualify for other feats, such as Desert Wind Dodge, Expeditious Dodge or Midnight Dodge qualifying as Dodge for meeting the requirements of feats/PrCs.

Gwazi Magnum
2013-11-17, 10:50 PM
Practiced Caster sadly only works if multi-classing though. :(

It seems feats to items is really the only way atm.
That and the rare feats that subsitute for other feats.

Any idea in regards to skill ranks?

Waker
2013-11-17, 11:13 PM
Practiced Caster sadly only works if multi-classing though. :(
Not true. Classes like Paladin would benefit from such a tactic, as they have 1/2 caster levels.
Other caster boosters like Krau Sigil for an Illumian would also work I believe.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-11-18, 12:53 AM
If you are trying to access a Feat with a req of X Caster Level or Character Level, where your actual Level is below X, there is no way you can obtain the feat, outside a custom item that grants it. You can't get Leadership before level 6, plain and simple.