PDA

View Full Version : Duskblade/Cleric: best spells?

yougi
2013-11-17, 11:26 PM
So I'm playing this Duskblade (now 5th level) in a group that's quite low-op, and shadowing everyone else so far, so I'm trying to nerf my char a bit, and I'm multiclassing to Cleric to go to Geomancer. Patron god is Kord, and for spellls I'm limited to PHB, except for domain spells. Because of my situation, I'm looking for two types of spells: touch attacks (to Channel), and utility. Inflicts were my first thought, but the save for half makes them much inferior to Shocking Grasp: Harm and Slay Living have the same problem (in addition to high level).

I've been wondering about Domains: which ones would be great on such a character? He already has Knowledge Devotion, so that should not be an issue.

I've also been looking at Divine Magician: thoughts? Any gems? I've taken a look at the handbook, but because of my special situation, I've thought maybe it would be different.

WinWin
2013-11-18, 02:29 AM
Divine magician is a lot better with splat support, but with a core spell list, you're not really getting anything the Duskblade does not already have access to.

In core you will have a limited number of spells you can channel as a cleric until you hit higher levels.

Death Knell can be used to finish off opponents through a channeled strike. Contagion and Bestow curse can also be delivered through a weapon attack. As you see, you're not getting much.