PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new game systems of a specific type.

alanek2002
2013-11-18, 12:01 AM
I'm looking for more systems, similar to BESM, and Anima: Beyond fantasy (as the only two I know, though I've yet to play anima.)

As in, systems where you are assigned one or more sets of points, with loose classes with which to build your character. BESM only has character points, Anima has several.

I'm currently rambling, but does anyone know of any similar games? Preferably ones often played in the PbP section of the forum.

Rhynn
2013-11-18, 02:56 AM
Games with point-based character creation:

GURPS
Unisystem (All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Witchcraft, Armageddon, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Ange, Army of Darkness)
Trail of Cthulhu
Fuzion games to varying extents (Cyberpunk 2020, Artesia, Sengoku, Bubblegum Crisis)
HERO System
The Riddle of Steel
Shadowrun
Lord of the Rings
Qin the Warring States
World of Darkness games
The Dark Eye (4E anyway)
Legend of Five Rings

It's a very broad categorization. It's pretty much either randomly rolled, point-assignment, process-based, or some combination thereof; those cover almost all RPGs, I think.

alanek2002
2013-11-18, 01:36 PM
Thank you, pretty much exactly what I was looking for!

Terraoblivion
2013-11-18, 01:40 PM
Honestly, with that loose requirements you could probably grab a random game off of Amazon or Drivethrurpg and have it fit your criteria. It's like 90% of all games out there and most of the rest are very obscure.