PDA

View Full Version : Items For Natural/unarmed attacks.

Bellberith
2013-11-18, 08:20 AM
What items are best for Natural attacks such as Slam. (including grapple, basically up close fighting.)

With the item "Anklet of Translocation", if you use it to teleport to the other side of an opponent you are fighting, are they flat-footed? And the same question but against that opponent that you already had used it on before.

Big Fau
2013-11-18, 08:24 AM
With the item "Anklet of Translocation", if you use it to teleport to the other side of an opponent you are fighting, are they flat-footed? And the same question but against that opponent that you already had used it on before.

No. Even if the DM is using the facing rules from Unearthed Arcana, teleporting behind an enemy isn't enough to render them flat-footed.

Red Fel
2013-11-18, 09:53 AM
Fanged Ring, MIC. Grants you Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Natural Attack (unarmed strike), and deals Con damage on a crit. It's like Monk-in-a-box.

Wyrmfang Amulet, Draconomicon. Allows natural attacks to overcome DR. Same item in MIC is cheaper.

Necklace of Natural Weapons, Savage Species. The moneymaker. You can enchant the necklace as you would a weapon; these enchantments then translate to one of your natural weaposn (here, your unarmed strikes). So, for instance, you could have +1 Flaming Burst Vorpal fists.

Check out Natural Weapons and You (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10994.0), a useful handbook on the subject.

Rijan_Sai
2013-11-18, 01:47 PM
Necklace of Natural Weapons, Savage Species. The moneymaker. You can enchant the necklace as you would a weapon; these enchantments then translate to one of your natural weaposn (here, your unarmed strikes). So, for instance, you could have +1 Flaming Burst Vorpal fists.

Check out Natural Weapons and You (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10994.0), a useful handbook on the subject.

While I agree with most of you post, I'm in a mood, and so would like to point out that, as bludgeoning weapons, Unarmed Strikes are ineligible for Vorpal. Disrupting, however, is fair game! :smallbiggrin:

Red Fel
2013-11-18, 01:50 PM
While I agree with most of you post, I'm in a mood, and so would like to point out that, as bludgeoning weapons, Unarmed Strikes are ineligible for Vorpal. Disrupting, however, is fair game! :smallbiggrin:

Acknowledged and retracted.

Ooh, or what about Collision? That's a fair cop, right?

gorfnab
2013-11-18, 06:15 PM
Unarmed Strikes are ineligible for Vorpal.
Unarmed Strikes can be slashing with the feat: Versatile Unarmed Strike (PHBII)

Rijan_Sai
2013-11-18, 06:50 PM
Acknowledged and retracted.

Ooh, or what about Collision? That's a fair cop, right?

Absolutely! At least, I don't see any reason why not!

Unarmed Strikes can be slashing with the feat: Versatile Unarmed Strike (PHBII)

I did not know this! I like it! (Not that Vorpal is the best choice for an ability anyway...but it does open up the possibility!)