View Full Version : Laminated Steel

Eddie
2013-11-18, 01:19 PM
Hey can anyone tell me where there the weapon quality called Laminated Steel can be found someone said its in Mercenaries. Can someone please send a link for this book even the cover cant find it anywhere..

Also my friend wanted to make a weapon Laminated, Masterwork and with Serrations I have also been told its okay to do this but I must multiply it by 3 because it has 3 properties.. Can someone also please link where this rule is and which book pretty please.

Thanks Eddie:smallsmile:

Hiro Protagonest
2013-11-18, 01:21 PM
Your google-fu is weak. (http://www.amazon.com/Mercenaries-Fantasy-Roleplaying-Alderac-Entertainment/dp/1887953582)

It's third-party. That means balance is probably worse than even in official books.

Eddie
2013-11-18, 01:44 PM
Thank you that's why I couldn't find it I was told its 3.5 as I don't use 3.0 stuff.. Is Laminated only in this book or have you also seen it else where?

herrhauptmann
2013-11-18, 02:06 PM
Thank you that's why I couldn't find it I was told its 3.5 as I don't use 3.0 stuff.. Is Laminated only in this book or have you also seen it else where?

It's probably only in that book, unless they did a compendium somewhere.

There was some stuff in dragon magazine about physical properties for a weapon, and maybe some armors. Included things like basket hilt, folded steel, acid etched, and 'blood grooves.' :smallannoyed: That one might have also included a property called "Laminated," I'm not sure. But as dragon magazine, most DMs won't allow it, and quality can be real hit or miss. In this case, it probably wouldn't be overpowered, just stupid.

That copy of dragon magazine DOES have 'serrated' too, so I'd recommend checking it out. Wish I could give you the number.

Big Fau
2013-11-18, 02:11 PM

That's 3rd party, not 3.0. It was printed in 2004, so it's 3.5, but it wasn't published by WotC.