PDA

View Full Version : Bragging on my players a little

Novawurmson
2013-11-18, 04:26 PM
So, a year or so ago, my group was about 80% finished with Rise of the Runelords, and I asked them what they wanted the next campaign to be like so I could go ahead and start working on it. I threw out a few ideas, and they basically unanimously voted for a horror campaign in a combined Eberron/Golarion world. Because it was meant to be a horror campaign, I've imagined Eberron as a cross between an early Renaissance film noir movie and, say, a Stephen King novel. For most of the campaign, they've been lost in a web of suicide, flesh-stealing abominations from Xoriat, monstrous arcane experiments, incest, cursed objects, vivisection-prone fey, illusions, shape-shifters, mixed motives, injustice, isolation, crime, substance abuse, and apathy. They've been shoved around, possessed, killed, and lied to.

However, last session, they hatched a plan to have half the party get in good with the Droaamite mercenaries that make up a good portion of the guards, while the other half foments rebellion among the prisoners, ultimately planning to overthrow the guards and take the prison camp for their own. I had to congratulate them, because they finally did it: They went from victims in a conflict-strewn world filled with petty tyrants brewing dire plots to BECOMING the petty tyrants brewing dire plots. It brings a tear to a GM's eye :'D