PDA

View Full Version : A pair of Glove of the Master Strategist/Glove of storing?

Dusk Eclipse
2013-11-18, 06:08 PM
I think it would be quite cool to have a dual wielder to draw his weapons from hammerspace in an instant, but with the items as written that is impossible since they only offer one slot. So how much do you guys think it would be fair to upgrade a GoS/MS so you get to hide stuff in two separate gloves?

Curmudgeon
2013-11-18, 06:54 PM
Because one Glove occupies the whole Hands slot, you'd need to pay double the cost to get the second one as a slotless item. I think that would be fair.

Khatoblepas
2013-11-18, 07:03 PM
Couldn't you just add the effect of a Glove of the Master Strategist to a Glove of Storing as per the MIC rules?

I mean, they're both Hand slot items, so there should be no markup other than the cost of having them enchanted, as obviously hands have an affinity for these effects.

You could fluff them as being a pair of gloves, that don't function unless both are on. (because they wouldn't, the two gloves would become one magic item)

Dusk Eclipse
2013-11-18, 07:03 PM
So about 7200 for the "Greater" gloves of the master strategist? Sounds about right, besides we get another use of True Strike.

Curmudgeon
2013-11-18, 07:44 PM
So about 7200 for the "Greater" gloves of the master strategist? Sounds about right, besides we get another use of True Strike.
No, a Glove of the Master Strategist is a 3.0 item. In 3.0 prices a Glove of Storing is 2,200 gp, and a Glove of the Master Strategist is a 1,400 gp or 64% bump above that. When you figure in 3.5 prices a Glove of Storing is 10,000 gp, a Glove of the Master Strategist is going to be a lot more expensive.

Deophaun
2013-11-18, 07:56 PM
No, a Glove of the Master Strategist is a 3.0 item. In 3.0 prices a Glove of Storing is 2,200 gp, and a Glove of the Master Strategist is a 1,400 gp or 64% bump above that. When you figure in 3.5 prices a Glove of Storing is 10,000 gp, a Glove of the Master Strategist is going to be a lot more expensive.
Glove of the Master Strategist is 3.5:

The Ghostwalk Campaign Option was released only a short time before the D&D v.3.5 rules were. This document provides all the changes that should be made to the book to update it for use with the new rules.

Page 71, Glove of the Master Strategist:
Add “Faint transmutation;” before “Caster Level.”
Price remains unchanged.

Keldrin
2013-11-18, 08:15 PM
Or you could sidestep the gloves, and use a Ring of Arming, MiC for 8,000gp. I don't think you would have to change out everything, just store your weapons in it. I myself love being unarmoured and unarmed, walking along, then one standard action later, full plate and an earthbreaker to the face of who ever asked for it. :smallbiggrin:

But if you don't like being attacked in the surprise round, having your armour on is safer.

But that's just my CG RKV, being whimsical.