PDA

View Full Version : Trained mimic

zenaku
2013-11-18, 08:47 PM
So, I was thinking it would be cool if my players were able to get a trained mimic to guard their stuff. I was wondering if any of the books in 3.5 had any way to go about that?

Vedhin
2013-11-18, 08:49 PM
The 3.0 Arms & Equipment Guide has info on this.

Octopus Jack
2013-11-18, 08:51 PM
Geas every day per caster level or Dominate Monster springs off the top of my head. Diplomacy?

They have Int 10 and speak common so could be reasoned with and a deal could be more appropriate than training one.

holywhippet
2013-11-18, 09:08 PM
The 3.0 Arms & Equipment Guide has info on this.

Oh that books was entertaining in many ways. IIRC it lists mounts you can obtain like a gelatinous cube.

Vedhin
2013-11-18, 09:18 PM
Oh that books was entertaining in many ways. IIRC it lists mounts you can obtain like a gelatinous cube.

You need an Amulet of Ooze Riding for that one. My favorite mounts were the Ogre and the Rust Monster.

Erik Vale
2013-11-18, 09:48 PM
You need an Amulet of Ooze Riding for that one. My favorite mounts were the Ogre and the Rust Monster.

Yea, since finding Diopsids that just happen to live in a stupidly enforced stoneage [I mean really? The tiny justification present is laughable.] for the most part I've replaced in my head all mentions of Dwarf to Diopsid. It even works because it's insects in the underdark riding insects from caves.