PDA

View Full Version : Dyson Under Siege (IC)

Pages : 1 [2]

Arch warrior
2014-01-16, 12:48 PM
Thane says "they were all pretty strong, they probably have some stuff that is worth a lot on them. We probable should search them to see what they have that is of value".:roy:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-16, 01:13 PM
Minbeja's mouth twitches into a smile as his new dream is of him holding Hanz and Ryu by the ankles over a pit of lava (laughing maniacally of course.):vaarsuvius:

the asassin
2014-01-16, 01:24 PM
Ryu comes back from throwing up and interrupts and says well that's that lets head back:xykon:

WebTiefling
2014-01-16, 04:14 PM
OOC: Keep going guys - there's nothing for the DM to say here. None of you are doing anything yet other than talking.

the asassin
2014-01-16, 04:43 PM
Well Ryu starts searching the forest (taking 20):xykon:

Arch warrior
2014-01-16, 05:51 PM
Thane says to the Captain "Hanz and I will cary Minbeja to the town to get healed, if you will help Ryu with searching, I am sure that it will prove to be very profitable to us all. We will assist you all as soon as Minbeja is on his feet again." He terns to Hanz and says "Come on you grab his arms, I will grab his legs.":roy:

Hanz is grumbling under his breath about how Minbeja when't down so easily.:belkar:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-18, 10:06 PM
As Thane/Hanz carry Minbeja back to the town, Minbeja contemplates the idea of a spell that makes a dream reality.:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2014-01-21, 01:01 PM
Hanz, Minbeja, and Thane work back across the field. There is a small group of a dozen men who have come out of the town, cautiously coming toward them, bows at the ready in case more enemies come charging from the woods.

"How go things? We have been watching at every wall and haven't seen any more creatures. Our priest says he still has healing available if you need it, but ..." the lead man, you think you remember his name being something like Marcus or Marius, bites his lip nervously and cranes his head toward where the fight in the woods took place.

"Is the captain ok?" Several more of the men chime in on this question, anxiously worrying about the lead protector of their town.

Captain Staffish joins Ryu in searching the bodies and the forest -- rings, gems, jewelry, wands, scrolls, and coin all accumulate in the Captain's cape he spreads out on the forest floor.

The captain shakes his head. "I haven't seen this much wealth since I saw a high wizard in battle, 10 years ago."

It looks like:5 small, loose gems
600 gp in random coins and coin-like items
1 Magic Belt
1 Magic Necklace
2 Scrolls, not the same
2 Wands, look the same

Arch warrior
2014-01-21, 06:31 PM
Thane says to the people "The Captain is alright as long as he doesn't hide any treasure from Ryu. Fortunately Minbeja here toke the worst of it." Then he and Hanz continues to cary Minbeja to the town.:roy:

OOC. How much are the gems worth, and what magic can the items do. Reminder, there are still the two Attaches.

WebTiefling
2014-01-21, 07:52 PM
OOC: You guys don't know how much the gems are worth yet, you don't know what the magic items do, and no one has searched the Athaches.

Arch warrior
2014-01-23, 04:45 PM
When Thane and Hanz reach the city they inform the Clerics that Minbeja is the only one who truly needs healing. Then they go out to loot the corpses of the attaches and then to help the others.:roy:

WebTiefling
2014-01-23, 05:30 PM
The town's cleric meets you at the gates, and with a word heals Minbeja's worst wounds, clearing his mind from the pain.

The townfolk have started coming out from their houses, and the gate is quickly filled with people chattering and exclaiming

"Struck down with one blow!"

"Downright disappeared!"

"Jumped right through the fire!"

"Magic pouring from his hands!"

For all their excitement, though, they don't follow you out to the massive bodies lying in the fields.

You quickly loot what you can from the corpses, though they are too heavy to roll over to check under the bodies. Two pouches filled with rough gems is found on one, while the other has a pouch filled with gold nuggets.

OOC: 1800 gp worth of gems and gold found on the Athaches.

OOC: Ryu, what are you doing?

the asassin
2014-01-23, 06:45 PM
well Ryu heads over to our wizard and ask "do you think you can study them and figure out what they do:xykon:

Arch warrior
2014-01-23, 08:36 PM
Thane casts bull straingth on himself and Hanz so that they can look under the Athaches to see if they have anything underneath them. Thane can lift a maximum of 400Ib.:roy:

Hanz can lift a maximum of 520Ib.:belkar:

OOC:This information is in Players Handbook I page 162

Arch warrior
2014-01-23, 08:42 PM
If necessary,

Thane, Search [roll0]:roy:

Hanz, Search [roll1]:belkar:

the asassin
2014-01-23, 08:50 PM
Ryu not having any clue of magic he is looking at the magical items then the wizard then the magical item then the wizard and ask whats going on what do they do huh huh.:xykon:

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-23, 08:53 PM
As the Cleric heals his wounds, Minbeja slowly bubbles back up into consciousness. "It was a magnificent battle, who won?" he asks. The mage hears a short grunt come from behind him and he frowns in response. "Well I see that the brute's death was not one of the events."

"*sigh* I suppose that I shall prepare myself to learn the nature of whatever magical devices we have gained as spoils." Minbeja then stands up and walks over to his quarters for the necessary resting time.:vaarsuvius:

WebTiefling
2014-01-24, 11:42 AM
Even with the magical enhancement, the two cannot roll the massive elephant-sized creatures.

But, as the minutes pass, the townsfolk slowly become bolder, several venture out. Soon a small group is gathered around the Athaches and a plan is made. Large poles are brought, and with a dozen men lifting with levers, the massive bodies are rolled over.

The first Athach has an obvious pouch on its waist and the townsfolk reach it quickly, exclaiming and shouting as hundreds of gold pieces worth of gold nuggets, rough gems, and a large lump of silver is found.

Hanz and Thane, though, are looking far more carefully and see something more valuable. An amulet, hanging on a thick rope around the ugly thing's neck. It shines with a dull reddish glow. They grab that, the villagers noticing nothing - all too excited about the pouch of wealth.

They quickly run to the second Athach, and are joined with a dozen more people drawn by the commotion to frantically roll the second dead Athach over.

As it rolls over, its pouch catches on a pole and is ripped apart. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of silver coins are scattered into the air, raining down over the crowd.

They go wild, each person dropping to the ground, scrambling to pick up the silver pieces.

Once again, though, the common people, unfamiliar with what is truly valuable, miss the amulet around the Athach's neck. Hanz and Thane grab it too, returning to the village among cheers.

Ryu has returned with Captain Miles Staffish, and has taken the magic items to Minbeja.

There, piled all together, is:
2 Magic Amulets
5 small, loose gems
600 gp in random coins and coin-like items
1 Magic Belt
1 Magic Necklace
2 Scrolls, not the same
2 Wands, look the same

Minbeja can read the scrolls easily - one is a scroll of Invisibility, and the other is of Expeditious Retreat.

OOC: Everyone roll your Appraise checks on the gems.
OOC: Minbeja, roll your Spellcraft on EACH item except scrolls, DC 25. If you have Detect Magic or Arcane Sight or something like that, you can use that too.

Arch warrior
2014-01-24, 03:46 PM
Thane rolls appraisal [roll0] and casts "Detect Magic" (Minbeja isn't the only spell caster here you know):roy:

Hanz rolls appraisal [roll1]:belkar:

Arch warrior
2014-01-24, 03:51 PM
Hanz bites the stones to learn there worth:belkar:

WebTiefling
2014-01-24, 04:30 PM
Thane Detects Magic, pausing on each item to check what sort of magic it is using.

The two amulets, nearly identical, have a medium strength Transmutation aura.

The belt too has a medium Transmutation aura.

The two wands, identical, have auras of positive energy Conjuration.

The necklace has an aura of Abjuration, the large cats eye gem (http://www.gemselect.com/other-info/graphics/chrysoberyl-cats-eye-gem_04.jpg.pagespeed.ce.cwPotmppsG.jpg) in the center glows a dark blue.

Hanz spends more time on the gems, and they are mostly good. One of them he declares has so many flaws in it that it's junk except for costume jewelry, but the others are in decent shape. He estimates them to be worth 2 gp, 100 gp, 175 gp, 200 gp, and 350 gp.

Of course that will depend on you getting them back to somewhere you can sell them for that much.

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-24, 05:58 PM
OOC: Sorry guys, just looked at my sheet and realized that I don't have identify. So I guess I just have to make a lot of Spellcraft checks.

Spellcrafts (8 rolls) , [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll[1d20+17:vaarsuvius:

OOC: I probably made all the checks with my wicked awesome bonus to spellcraft. In case I have to do that again, could you please tell how you do that special DM rolling thing, WebTeifling?

Arch warrior
2014-01-24, 10:11 PM
Thane rolls a spellcraft check to see if he can learn what they are (If I get a bonus because I know what school they are from let me know). [roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3], [roll]1d20+9, [roll4].:roy:

Arch warrior
2014-01-26, 12:18 AM
Could "Read Magic" help learn the nature of these items:roy:

WebTiefling
2014-01-28, 02:34 PM
OOC: Arch: Read Magic would only help on the scrolls, and those already have been figured out.

Thane and Minbeja study the items intently for several minutes.

Thane is certain that the two amulets and the belt are fortifying items of some sort. He sees the draconic number 2 written on each of the amulets and notices that each spell is made of druidic magic symbols. That, combined with the aura of Transmutation on it helps him to figure out what they are.

Aha! Thane realizees they are amulets of Natural Armor (+2).

The belt is similar in some regards, only it has more arcane-like markings and there are frequent repetitions of four in many of the patterns. And as he is almost ready to give up on it, he notices that the draconic word for "Strength" has been designed into the overall pattern of symbols.

A Belt of Strength +4!

Minbeja spends only a few minutes on the wands - healing conjuration. It seems like he should be able to figure that out easily, but it's just not coming to mind.

He moves on to the Cat's Eye Brooch and almost instantly figures it out. It is a magic item of Luck! It helps with just about everything, and especially diseases (+1 Luck bonus to all saving throws and +4 vs diseases)

OOC:
You guys can split up however you like. Captain Staffish picks one of the amulets. The scrolls and wands aren't worth as much as the items, so I would suggest setting them as party shared items. (Each of you pick 1 thing, but you can do it however you like. Update your Character sheets with whatever items you pick.)
x1 Amulets of Natural Armor +2
x1 Belt of Giant Strength +4
x1 Cat's Eye Amulet (+1 to all saves, +4 vs diseases)
Scroll of Invisibility.
Scroll of Expeditious Retreat.
x2 unidentified but identical wands of healing conjuration
275 gp each from gems.

LordotTrinkets
2014-01-28, 03:06 PM
I shall take the scrolls:vaarsuvius:

I want the amulet! (Harlow grabs the amulet of luck and starts to gnaw on it):redcloak:

Arch warrior
2014-01-28, 04:17 PM
Hanz snatches the "Belt of Giants Strength" right when he heres what it is:belkar:

the asassin
2014-01-29, 10:22 AM
Ryu comes in and ask what about me??? I want a dohike:xykon:

Arch warrior
2014-01-29, 10:38 AM
Thane looks at Ryu and says "There is still the Amulet of natural armor":roy:

WebTiefling
2014-01-29, 10:41 AM
Captain Staffish picks up the remaining Amulet of Natural Armor (+2) and hands it to Ryu.

"This is what is left, though calling such a valuable item a 'doohickey' is a bit much." He shakes his head in wonder. "In a city someone would pay enough for this to buy a dozen homes out here. It's tempting to become an adventurer, but considering that two of you came a hair's breadth away from dying, and you're going to face more deadly foes yet .... Nope, I'll stay here where the most dangerous thing we usually see are orcs."

He slips on his own amulet, and a brief brown glow seems to soak into his skin before vanishing.

"The next time I see orcs, though, they're in for a bit of a surprise."

the asassin
2014-01-29, 11:07 AM
Ryu says well all adventures need to be in a death or life circumstance to really be a good adventure you could always join our group we could always need the extra guy and thane he is good fighter he could give you lessons:smallsmile::xykon:

WebTiefling
2014-01-29, 12:05 PM
Captain Staffish shakes his head.

"Thank you for the invitation, Ryu, but I prefer to be alive. Adventurers run way too much risk for my preferences. Besides, I've come to like Dyson here.

"Our whole town owes you all a debt of gratitude, though. You'll always be welcome here."

Arch warrior
2014-01-29, 12:17 PM
Thane says "That is completely understandable, and we are proud to be known as friend of Dyson":roy:

OOC: I believe that I am out of posts.