PDA

View Full Version : Board running slow all of a sudden

Saposhiente
2013-11-19, 02:46 AM
Board began running slow around ten minutes ago, taking a while to load pages, often loading images after loading the rest of the page, and sometimes failing to load entirely. It was working fine half an hour ago, and I can connect to other websites fine.
Edit: Seems to have fixed itself now, but it's an odd time to run slow.

Fable Wright
2013-11-19, 04:20 AM
Board began running slow around ten minutes ago, taking a while to load pages, often loading images after loading the rest of the page, and sometimes failing to load entirely. It was working fine half an hour ago, and I can connect to other websites fine.
Edit: Seems to have fixed itself now, but it's an odd time to run slow.

Also been having similar issues intermittently from 2 to 4 AM EST.

multilis
2013-11-19, 06:11 PM
Often internet companies do adjustments at 2am. This can lead to "traffic jams" on internet where packets of information are lost, messages take 10x as long to send, etc.

Tools such as tracert/traceroute and ping can help tell you whether the problem is with giantitp or with router between you and giantitp. (there are graphical versions available if you are not good with command line)

If problem is with internet then sometimes using a public proxy will fix problem as changes the route your data takes between you and web. For example I have Opera browser version 12 as one of my backup web browsers and can start it up and enable "turbo mode" which does proxy through Opera's servers and sometimes such problems go away. (Opera versions after 12 switched to use same code base as other main browsers so I use older version)

There are various "anonymizer" interfaces, you could find one of them using google and try out as alternative way to get a proxy.

AmberVael
2013-11-20, 04:56 PM
Doesn't the board actually back itself up or perform some other such function between those times? I know it used to, at least.

multilis
2013-11-20, 10:01 PM
Board was just slow for a few minutes, I used tracert and problem was probably with giantitp itself rather than internet router in between us.