PDA

View Full Version : Geomancer and Arcane Strike

yougi
2013-11-19, 08:15 AM
Could a Geomancer use his divine spells to trigger Arcane Strike, as per Spell Versatility?

Yuki Akuma
2013-11-19, 08:19 AM
Arcane Strike doesn't actually specify you have to sacrifice an arcane spell.

However, if your DM says that it has to be arcane, I feel it's fully within theme for the Geomancer to be able to sacrifice a divine spell to power it anyway.

yougi
2013-11-20, 03:33 PM
Arcane Strike doesn't actually specify you have to sacrifice an arcane spell.

However, if your DM says that it has to be arcane, I feel it's fully within theme for the Geomancer to be able to sacrifice a divine spell to power it anyway.

Darn it, you're right! Who knew?

What about the pre-requisites, though?

Yuki Akuma
2013-11-20, 03:53 PM
He'll meet the prerequisites for Arcane Strike after two levels of Geomancer. You need to be able to cast arcane spells to be a Geomancer anyway.

yougi
2013-11-20, 05:42 PM
He'll meet the prerequisites for Arcane Strike after two levels of Geomancer.

Not necessarily: Geomancer boosts Arcane OR Divine, not both. And I was hoping to boost my Divine casting, as the character I'm thinking of is a Duskblade/Cleric, and gaining full casting levels is better than partial casting levels.

So I guess my actual question is (third try's the charm, I hope!): Can a Geomancer use Spell Versatility to fulfill a feat/PrC's pre-req's?

Vaz
2013-11-20, 07:50 PM
At the time of casting you change the parameters. So yes. If it requires "cast Arcane spells" then it qualifies.

Note that classes which only advance Arcane casting still only advance arcane casting, Spell Versatility doesn't allow Arcane progression to advance Divine.

Note that you must have Arcane casting to enter Geomancer anyway.