PDA

View Full Version : Roy's Sword

ScrapperTBP
2013-11-19, 10:39 AM
It has just dawned on me that Tarquin is wielding Roy's sword, a sword that has a harmful effect on undead. OOTS now has an undead party member conveniently at the point Roy's sword falls into the hands of an enemy warrior.

I don't think it is too out of the question for Tarquin to use this sword against Durkon if the opportunity arises. Sure he may not know about its power but if Durkon is going to engage in melee he could be very hurt indeed perhaps even die. The damage output with that sword is far more than a dagger or whip and perhaps more that the axe with its undead harming qualities. I think it really depends on Julio keeping Tarquin occupied but if Tarquin solos Durkon with that sword it could go badly for our cleric.

Kyeudo
2013-11-19, 10:42 AM
You are forgetting the Oracle's prophecy. Durkon's going home posthumously. He can't do that if he's been turned to dust by a disrupting weapon or sunlight.

jedipilot24
2013-11-19, 10:43 AM
It has just dawned on me that Tarquin is wielding Roy's sword, a sword that has a harmful effect on undead. OOTS now has an undead party member conveniently at the point Roy's sword falls into the hands of an enemy warrior.

I don't think it is too out of the question for Tarquin to use this sword against Durkon if the opportunity arises. Sure he may not know about its power but if Durkon is going to engage in melee he could be very hurt indeed perhaps even die. The damage output with that sword is far more than a dagger or whip and perhaps more that the axe with its undead harming qualities. I think it really depends on Julio keeping Tarquin occupied but if Tarquin solos Durkon with that sword it could go badly for our cleric.

Look at the last panel of 931; Tarquin has other things to worry about right now.

Roland Itiative
2013-11-19, 11:02 AM
Look at the last panel of 931; Tarquin has other things to worry about right now.
And technically isn't in possession of the Greenhilt sword anymore.

NerdyKris
2013-11-19, 11:11 AM
if Durkon is going to engage in melee he could be very hurt indeed perhaps even die.

Why do so many people think Durkon is just going to die immediately after becoming a vampire? What would be the purpose of that? Why would the Giant have such a massive character change occur just so he can go "nope, he's dead now!"?

He's going to survive at least long enough to explore this character change a bit. If he dies in this battle, then there was, character wise, no difference between him dying here or dying back in the pyramid. He's just a game mechanic at this point. The Order still needs to react to him at least a little.

Perseus
2013-11-19, 11:22 AM
Why do so many people think Durkon is just going to die immediately after becoming a vampire? What would be the purpose of that? Why would the Giant have such a massive character change occur just so he can go "nope, he's dead now!"?

For the LOL man, for the LOL.:smallcool: