PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Recharging staves

Frosty
2013-11-19, 01:20 PM
In the section regarding the recharging of staves, the rules state
Each morning, when a spellcaster prepares spells or regains spell slots, he can also imbue one staff with a portion of his power so long as one or more of the spells cast by the staff is on his spell list and he is capable of casting at least one of the spells.
The emphasis is mine. What exactly does it mean by "and he is capable of casting" anyways? Does it mean that, if I am a Summoner, and I have a staff that has Rejunevate Eidolon, then I would need to have Rejuvenate Eidolon as one of my spells known in order for me to recharge the staff? It is not enough that I can cast third level spells and the spell is on the summoner spell list?

On another note, if I have a familiar, can I cast a spell from a staff onto my familiar?

BWR
2013-11-19, 01:40 PM
If you have any of the spells memorized or on your spells known list, you can recharge a staff that has one of those spells.
If your staff only has Rejuvenate Eidolon, you need to know that spell.
A prepared caster who does not have a specific spell prepared is only potentially capable of casting it.

As long as the spells in the staff have a range greater than Personal, you can target your familiar with them.

Frosty
2013-11-19, 01:52 PM
I want to use Contingency on my eidolon, basically, and I'm trying to find ways to get Contingency without spending 3 feats.

Frosty
2013-11-19, 02:47 PM
Can a Staff have both arcane and divine spells on them?