PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Aberration Worshiping Cult

tribalxgecko
2013-11-19, 04:28 PM
Hey guys, I am trying to work up a ten commandments / code of "honor" / worshiping statements for a cult that worships an unborn dragon aberration (who is indeed a god of my setting). The Unborn Serpent 'lives' within the womb of its goddess Mother (who is known as the 'Mother of Beasts'). All the flavor text and details aside, do you have any cool ideas or thoughts I could use? I am trying to write up a handout for the players that is a page ripped from a book, which will be a clue. I am thinking it would have a few commandments and some flavor text and such. I am drawing a total blank though on this. Maybe if somebody can get my idea sparked I can run with it. I know it is hard to do without a ton of detail (to be honest I don't have a whole lot more detailed about the cult or this god besides what I stated above, it is a 'work in progress as the game advances' sort of thing). The PC's decided they wanted to check out stuff about this cult, and so off they went. I summed up a campaign briefing below, along with what details I have about the Unborn Serpent deity.

Name: Roldarolth
Description: Deformed / partially formed visage of a dragon. Uneven wings, more serpentine with only 1 major limb, multiple eyes and beak like mouth. Here is the img I have in mind for the deity: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Undead-Dragon-291562343 (Minus the guy riding on its head).
Titles: The Unborn Serpent, Dragon of the Void
Domains: Chaos, Evil, Prophecy, Cold
Parents: Mother of Beasts (NE); Lord of the Ice (CN)
Align: CE

Campaign Briefing: The PC's live on a small island, about 50' in diameter. The realm has been sucked into the Chaos Plane by the cultists who are trying to bring about the birth of Roldarolth, their deity. The basic premise is that they will be offering mass sacrifices to replenish the blood of the goddess when she gives birth to the Unborn Serpent. The birth of the beast will bring about a time of chaos and revelry. Not a lot is fleshed out, as I am running with it and building it as my players investigate it further.

So, to reiterate, I am trying to come up with some statements, codes, beliefs, and / or commandments that sound really dark and twisted that this cult would follow and believe in (Though we are all older in age, this is not a super dark / mature game, rather a typical good vs evil, so keep ideas evil and twisted, but not horrific, if you get my drift). I would offer a few examples...but I am drawing a total blank, which is why I cam crawling here to all of you ;P

Phelix-Mu
2013-11-19, 04:38 PM
Hmm.

1.) Thou Shalt See No Reason, for the Mind that is Straight is an Abomination, Weak, and Feeble.

2.) Thou Shalt See No Beauty, for It is but Deception. All Things are made in Darkness, and to Darkness Shall All Fall.

3.) Thou Shalt Speak No Truth. The Truth is to be Undone, along with All Things, and the Speaking of Lies is Pleasing to the Unborn One.

4.) Thou Shalt Brook No Quarter. Mercy is but Weakness, and the Hunger of the Dragon of the Void is Unending. Offer up All as Sacrifice, and Make No Distinction.

5.) Thou Shalt Spread the Word. The Time of Chaos is Nigh, and Soon All will Know the Unspeakable Ways of the Unborn One. Let them Tremble Until that Time.

I will give more if they come to me. These are the ones that felt right after giving it a few minutes thought.

EDIT: Ignore my Moronic and inconsistent Capitalization scheme.

tribalxgecko
2013-11-19, 05:00 PM
Ah, perfect, this is exactly what I needed. Thank you! I should be able to run with these and make up a handout page.

Fouredged Sword
2013-11-19, 05:45 PM
6) Thou shalt Take no shelter in hope, for all the world is ash.