PDA

View Full Version : The Shattered Well (ic)

Techmagss
2013-11-19, 06:31 PM
Tuesday, a dark night on Mt. Tyranus. Second month since Winter, the snowy mountain currently in a near- snowstorm, incredibly deadly and cold. Only the strongest can survive out here, which explains why the damn tavern you were resting in burnt down!

The little 'group' of yours formed as you were travelling up the mountain, each of you for one reason or another. You can hear vague thumping, like feet. Charred corpses lay about the mountainside near the rubble, either crushed or burned to death. Maybe both. You do not know what caused the fire, but you can guess where the storm came from, as you analyse the dark skies, cloudy.

A tiny Gnome tugs on a Elf's leg, desperately trying to wake him up as the footsteps grow louder and louder... He doesn't. The little gnome immediately flees behind a rock, mumbling under her breath. Rocks fall from the mountaintop and you instantly move out of the way.

If you want to survive, you NEED to get off this mountain, right now! A large slope leads in a spiral to the bottom, slippy and rocky. You might have to find a different way. The inn isn't that far up, and you see a 'sliding' point, though you can't get back up, then.

Those that use magic among you feel a shiver down your spines. Something's gone that's important to their spells, that's for damn sure. You really need to find what, and soon!

Feel free to talk and introduce yourselves, but do it quickly, as I will keep track of how long you take before gobbles.

Gray Mage
2013-11-19, 08:23 PM
Markas watches the wreckage, an astonished look on his face as he wonders just what was going on. He's had plenty of parties and brawls in taverns in his life, but none ended in such a mess. A flash of memory and a smirk later, he corrects himself: none so far up on the mountais, he thinks.

As the Gnome flees, he shouts an warning at her, as he keeps her movements on the corner of his eyes: "Oi! Don't go on your on. If you didn't notice, it's dangerous here!"

He wasn't liking this situation one bit. Not only was he wet from the snow, there were something wrong. A connection that was barely noticeable for him anymore from being used to it was now weaker. And they were going to have a lot of company soon. Bad was an understatement.

"For those that don't know me, you can call me handsome, but Markas'll do too." He said with a chuckle. "So, I don't know about you guys, but I've no interest in explaining this mess to our soon-to-be friends. I say we split. So, up or down?"

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-19, 09:31 PM
A tall figure stood out amongst the group, he was as tall as near any goliath, not many could even tell though what he was. how could anyone believe he was half human, sure others could see him being half dragon, he looked the part. he then hears the little pure blooded human, but all he can think is gah self center much. even though he thought this, he knew that was just his prejudice talking, he wondered if this human would be a friend one day.

Sepa then sees the gnome that he was talking about, as soon as he saw the gnome he broke from the group running at full burst after her. as he passes the human he states. he states sure Pretty Boy lets split, then we will miss out on the fun of a fight. as soon as he catches her, since she could only move at maybe best half his speed. he picked her up holding by the back of her clothes little a mother cat picks up a kitten and said stop running, do you want to die in the snow and cold. now I am going to put you down, don't start running again. as Sepa puts her down, he tells her his name and crouches down so he does not seem so tall and menacing. HI I am Sepa Grixic. who are you?

ApeironTheOdd
2013-11-19, 10:13 PM
Apeiron was, to say the least, concerned. Sure, the tall gangly elf may not miss the sleep in the same way his sudden peers might, but the events that were transpiring were ominous. He could feel a deep ebb in magic itself: he himself had never drawn enough of it to even touch the source, but THIS... He glanced at the fire, then at the surrounding blizzard. Aside from making him thankful for his warm wool robe and hooded cloak, it sparked a disturbing hypothesis: that both events were the result of major magic. There were other possibilities, but this model offered the most complete logical solution to the immediate conundrums. But if it were true...
He was only shocked from his increasingly terrified reverie by the emergence of conversation.
He saw the opposing options... and that the half-dragon Sepa had stopped to offer compassion. It brought back memories, with a smile on his chiseled white features.
"He's right, dearie. Aside from facing certain death in the storm, you would be vulnerable to the responsible party... As for where we go, for most it would be wise to go down. But... Something is wrong. I am almost certain something has happened to the well. I will fly to the top to find out, if need be. But first I must do what I can for those here. "
Long winded for Apeiron, wizard perfectly ordinaire. But what must be done must be done.
But only in its time. He shook himself. He decided it would be least impolite to indirectly introduce himself by offering assistance to the small lady rather than interpose his own entirely.
"Is there any way Apeiron the Odd, a wizard humble in ability and means, may assist you in the moment?" As if to illustrate his point, he removed his hooded cloak, revealing his burning mane, and draped its warm expanse around her. Conveniently, his raven Corvo chose this moment to perch on his master's shoulder and swear in Elvish while his master leaned on his staff.

Vamphyr
2013-11-19, 10:55 PM
"Name's Braddock, usually I work by myself, but some company will be nice." he looks over the burning wreckage, walks over, and loots the dead elf's bag. "It's probably orc's that did this. In my experience it's always orcs. I'm happy to gut 'em just the same!"

Braddock stands 6' tall and is heavily muscled. His skin is deeply tanned and half his face is covered in scars from cuts and burns. He wipes a hand across his shaved head. A scythe hangs from his back, it's color seems to shift depending on the light, one moment a deep crimson, the next jet black; like blood in the moonlight. The long blade is etched with what appear to be a series of fanged mouths snarling and biting.

He touches the blade fondly. "Ready for some fun, Lucille?"

[roll0] search

InigoMontoya
2013-11-19, 11:48 PM
A small frown crosses Tressyn's face as he looks at the exchange going on. Distasteful, the whole mess. I really do wonder what's going on up there... But hey, if everyone else is leaving, no sense in me being out here by myself, if I don't have to. Still, should probably convince the others to go back up there in a bit, once the ruckus calms down. No sense chattering yet; everyone is so animated right now. No matter what I say, someone would probably think it foolish. There will be time enough for introductions later.

With that, the hardy gnome begins jogging with the others, staying towards the back of the group. As he passes the group with the other gnome, he calls out, "If we're going to be off, let's be about it! I think I've heard avalanches that sound like this, and I don't think any of us wants to be crushed under rock and snow and trees!"

Mechanics/OOC:Bluff check (avalanche): [roll0]

Listen check (see if there's anything worth hearing): [roll1]
Spot check (same for seeing): [roll2]

ApeironTheOdd
2013-11-20, 12:13 AM
With no response from the shocked little gnome woman, Apeiron decided it best not to leave his cloak on her... especially if they were about to begin moving. Besides, he reasoned to himself, she'll stay warmer by keeping in motion than in sitting with a silly wizard's cloak on.
"If necessary, I may be able to return later. I suppose the first priority now is ensuring the safety of all survivors. Now, I CAN fly up the mountain, and know a spell which MIGHT allow one to accompany me, but... He smacked his forehead. He craned his head towards Corvo and half glared half smiled at him, and proceeded to berate them in their shared Elvish.You could have piped up, you know that? Please try and fly up to see what is going on up there around the Well. I'll stay with these children until they require me no longer... oh, AND NO BINGE EATING. Hear me? NO CORPSE GNAWING.
Corvo, in his usual creepy manner, assented, "Fine, no two footed brisket for me, but you owe me an extra bedtime snack, jerk." This last was accompanied by the corvid equivalent of a wink, before he fluttered off, maintaining the most stable flight he could.
Remembering (and also grateful) that most folk did not speak Elvish, he explained, "My feathered friend will attempt to ascertain what happened on the mountain peak while we operate down here. If we move, he should be able to find me, so I see no good reason to remain here in these conditions."

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-20, 12:20 AM
Sepa picks up the woman gnome and also the male gnome that was talking about avalanches, Sepa has never heard of an Avalanche before, so he shrugs off the bluff, he places both gnomes on his shoulders. this way you two can keep up with the rest of us alright. Sepa looks at the elf. I know what you said brother elf, and I agree the cold is no home for the like of any of you, it is not like you have a fire in your bellies. by the way Brother elf which clan do you hail from, I have only met the one that lives with my family, and the one that lives with my Auntie's family?

ApeironTheOdd
2013-11-20, 12:35 AM
It was a little like seeing a stranger with family mannerisms. Realizing his minor faux pas, minor though it was it in the overall problem, he acknowledged it in a brief, quiet demonstration of his childhood Draconic: "Sorry, brother Sepa, sometimes its hard to be certain whether another is in the greater family. If you know any of the gold covens near the great northern wood, they would know me best. Also, I've never seen one, but an avalanche is basically ALL the snow ice above us sliding down and crushing any in its path to death through sheer weight"
Reverting back to common for manners, and if naught else pragmatism, he said in a clearer voice, "I'm sure we can all become much better acquainted while we are moving AWAY from the potential danger. Shall we down the mountain go, or chase my feathered friend up the mountain?

Techmagss
2013-11-20, 09:28 AM
A small frown crosses Tressyn's face as he looks at the exchange going on. Distasteful, the whole mess. I really do wonder what's going on up there... But hey, if everyone else is leaving, no sense in me being out here by myself, if I don't have to. Still, should probably convince the others to go back up there in a bit, once the ruckus calms down. No sense chattering yet; everyone is so animated right now. No matter what I say, someone would probably think it foolish. There will be time enough for introductions later.

With that, the hardy gnome begins jogging with the others, staying towards the back of the group. As he passes the group with the other gnome, he calls out, "If we're going to be off, let's be about it! I think I've heard avalanches that sound like this, and I don't think any of us wants to be crushed under rock and snow and trees!"

Mechanics/OOC:Bluff check (avalanche): [roll0]

Listen check (see if there's anything worth hearing): [roll1]
Spot check (same for seeing): [roll2]

The little female gnome seems shellshocked at the loss of her Elf-friend, but follows the whisper gnome out of possible fear of the avalanche, remaining silent.

You can't hear anything that sounds like Orcs, but it is close. You can hear several growling sounds, though, there's obviously a whole gang of whatever it is.
However, what you can see is quite different! Yetis, a helluvalot of them, coming up the slippy slope, their white fur concealing them into the blanket of snow.

You can't find anything of value lying around except a few glasses of ale.
Hooray!

The footsteps grow even closer, it doesn't sound that much like Orcs anymore.

ApeironTheOdd
2013-11-20, 10:14 AM
Apeiron attempts to discern the direction and source of the footsteps...

[roll0] Listen

Techmagss
2013-11-20, 10:17 AM
Apeiron can only discern a few growls.

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-20, 10:21 AM
Sepa can see everyone is concentration really hard on trying to do something, so he joins in.

spot check
[roll0]
listen check
[roll1]

ApeironTheOdd
2013-11-20, 10:27 AM
In Draconic: "Pardon me, brother, but I'd rather not take chances in this: unfortunately,I anticipate violence.." Apeiron attempts to cast Enlarge Person on Sepa.

PersonMan
2013-11-20, 11:07 AM
Sallie's pilgrimage to the pool at the top of the mountain has occupied nearly a full month now, since she found herself at its foot. Numerous stops, starts, turn-backs and nearly a dozen skirmishes along the way had made it a rigorous journey so far. Now, instead of a warm hearth and a soft bed to look forward to, there was yet more cold and snow. With a sigh, Sallie adjusts the viciously spiked, twelve-foot-long chain she carries wrapped around her arms, turning to the others present as one of the elves speaks. Raising an eyebrow, the paladin listens as he speaks to his bird, then as it replies. Well, that was odd. Still, nothing she hadn't seen before.

"Regardless of what precisely did this, I intend to see them punished for their sin," she says, unwrapping the chains with surprising ease as she speaks. Whether she's referring to the draining of the pool or the destruction of the inn isn't clear, but either way she lazily swings the odd weapon she carries, looking over the others present.

"Will you join me in fighting?" Sallie asks bluntly.

InigoMontoya
2013-11-20, 11:30 AM
Tressyn

Startled for a moment by the abrupt lift, Tressyn's brow furrows for but a moment... But he equally quickly grateful for the lift, as it provided him with an excellent vantage point for surveying the area, and a good thing too! He focuses on his innate abilities for but a moment, pointing at each person there (including the other gnome), before whispering to everyone, oddly audibly.

"It's not orcs. There are some large creatures ahead of us a short ways, a rather large group, hairy and white. They look a little like gorillas or people, and they look like they're coming up the hill towards us."

Mechanics/OOC:
Activate Spell-Like Ability, Message (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/message.htm)
--- don't want anyone listening in :)

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-20, 11:35 AM
Sepa is eagar to have such a spell cast on him, as he grows. He stretches and unfurls his wings that have looked like a scaled cloak up to this point. well now little one I don't think I can carry you now, it is time for some fun. Also human female you best do your best to keep up. . Sepa sweeps with his winggs and luaching him in the air, as he moves a strange blue engery warps and wraps around his right arm down to his hand. Till it extands out and forms a sort of engery blade. Sepa then flys up and towards the sound, ready to attack if need be.

PersonMan
2013-11-20, 11:58 AM
Sallie is surprised by the loud voice that comes from the small one's...whispering? Was it even whispering if she could hear it this clearly, at this distance? Still, based on the odd pointing he had done beforehand, it was some kind of magic. Ah, mages. Life would be too boring without them mixing things up with their magics. Hearing of oncoming...white gorilla-people (what was a "gorilla" even supposed to be? Some kind of mage-beast only casters and their ilk knew of?) made her suspect they would be under attack soon. If these proved to be the ones who had attacked the tavern, then they would die and be brought to the divine wind for judgement.

Then there was the scaly, winged man who had just grown several feet in size in another display of magic. It seemed like half the people up here were mages...it was insane. His comment annoys her a bit, and she's about to reply when he flies off and she sees what he means. Great. Shifting her chain, Sallie prepares to follow him, turning first to the other elf who had spoken with his bird before.

"You keep close, if we end up surrounded you'll need to find a safe place and it looks like the only one around here will be under armed guard," she says, before rushing to following the flight of the scaled man.

Gray Mage
2013-11-20, 12:26 PM
Markas sight as the group seems to prefer to fight rather than flee. "Are you sure you want to stay and fight? Against an unknown enemy with unknown numbers? Are you sure that's a good idea?" He then remembers his dream. "I'm fine with going up, to tell the truth.

He then turns to Tressyn. "How long do you say we have before they crash this party?"

[roll1]

About the creatures:
[roll="Knowledge (Arcana) Check"]1d20+6
1d20+6
1d20+13

Gray Mage
2013-11-20, 12:28 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-20, 12:28 PM
Sepa hides himself in the blowing of the snow and tries to keep the beating of his wings to the sound of the wind. as he is not to be seen before it is to late for the approaching force. he also tries to determine if these are even enemies.

hide check
[roll0]
move silently check
[roll1]

take ten on spot
for 17.

Techmagss
2013-11-20, 12:50 PM
EHIEM

You, too, see the group of yetis, about eight of them.

Yetis were created during a major magicstorm, in which a powerful lich resurrected a hulking monstrosity between a now-rare species of half-Orc, with white skin and hair. The magic in the air enhanced the Lich's already powerful spells, causing the monsters to grow more hair, make them permanently strong and fast. They ravaged the lich and nearly destroyed his phylactery.

Some say this lich had managed to survive, hiding for years in an abandoned cavern, but most think this is false. Meanwhile, the yetis? They fled to the mountains, permanently reduced to grumbles and roars. They soon DEVOLVED into a species of their own, mating in hundreds of caverns on Tyranus. They're incredibly dangerous, stay outta their way, squishies!

Locally, the people here fear them, their strength being far too overpowering..

The half-dragon fails to be hidden, his large size and shape giving him away. The yetis climb up to the burned inn, the survivors fleeing under rocks and snow, as you hear whimpering. The gang of yetis growl at the party. They roar, rearing up.

ROLL
INITIATIVE

InigoMontoya
2013-11-20, 12:54 PM
[roll0]

For gusto and fun! (First time I've rolled initiative in a PBP game! Last two, the DM did the initiative roll at the start of combat for everyone.)

PersonMan
2013-11-20, 01:06 PM
Seeing their enemies revealed, Sallie smiles grimly, her chain spinning after around her as she slips into a battle stance.

[roll0]

In Martial Spirit Stance now, by the way.

Vamphyr
2013-11-20, 01:28 PM
Braddock unslings the scythe from his back and raises it in preparation for battle.

"Hey, hey! You've never drunk the blood of these snow men, have you Lucille?" Braddock roared cheerfully "This should be FUN!"

OOC
How many of these things are there? How far away are they? I know you supplied information earlier to Gray Mage about what they were due to the knowledge check, but would it be possible for you to provide physical descriptions, group numbers, and distance from us in future posts for the rest of the party?

Initiative
[roll0]

Gray Mage
2013-11-20, 01:28 PM
He sights. He'd hopes things'd go smoothly, but that didn't seem to happen very often. "Watch out, they're Yetis, eight of them. Nasty buggers."

[roll0]

Techmagss
2013-11-20, 01:34 PM
Braddock unslings the scythe from his back and raises it in preparation for battle.

"Hey, hey! You've never drunk the blood of these snow men, have you Lucille?" Braddock roared cheerfully "This should be FUN!"

OOC
How many of these things are there? How far away are they? I know you supplied information earlier to Gray Mage about what they were due to the knowledge check, but would it be possible for you to provide physical descriptions, group numbers, and distance from us in future posts for the rest of the party?

Initiative
[roll0]

Of course.
There are eight yetis in total, three are about 20 feet away from the half dragon, about two are forming a half-circle round Gray and Braddock, another two are snarling around 50 feet away from Tressyn and the female gnome, and one is slowly approaching Apeiron, about 30 feet away.

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-20, 01:34 PM
Eh they are not that big and tough we can easily take them.

[roll0]

can I position myself in such a way that I can breath fire on all or a good majority of the yeti. also is that 20 feet in the air way, as in I am directly above them?

Techmagss
2013-11-20, 01:38 PM
There is not really a way to get them all without harming your comrades, but you can do it IF YOU WANT...

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-20, 01:40 PM
when I am able I will do it where I harm only the most yeti I can possibly with out harming my allies.

Techmagss
2013-11-20, 01:46 PM
OK, SO.

Inigo goes first
Then a yeti
Then gray
Then another three yetis
Then Vamp
After that the other four yetis.
Then drag
Then person.

Your move, Inigo.

InigoMontoya
2013-11-20, 05:10 PM
Tressyn (and friends) vs the Yetis

Tressyn looks left and right, sizing up the enemies and their locations, waiting for the perfect moment, before darting to a cluster of the yetis and letting loose a cloud of purplish vapors from his mouth, washing over as many as he can.

If no two yeti are within 15 feet of each other, delay until at least 2 are near each other.

Tressyn intends to move up to 30 feet towards the largest group of yetis, in such a position that a 15 ft cone will affect the largest possible number of them.

Standard: From there, he will breath a cone of Sickening Breath (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#sickened) at the largest cluster. Any hit must make a DC 19 Fortitude Save. Failure means they are Sickened for 2 Rounds. Success means they are Sickened for 1 round only.

Then, he will activate, as a swift action, his Frightful presence invocation. All yeti within 30 feet (including the sickened yeti, which have a -2 to saves) must pass a DC 18 Will save, or be shaken (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#shaken) for 10 minutes.

Techmagss
2013-11-20, 05:50 PM
Tressyn's foul breath passes over three yetis, who are completely unharmed by it, but the presence of him causes the yetis to start shaking, again, three of them.
They obviously aren't strong in the mind.

Techmagss
2013-11-20, 07:25 PM
A considerably large Yeti thunders around, growling and staring at the frightening gnome, lunging at him with claws raised...

The yeti attacks Tressyn with his mighty claws.
[roll0]
(weakened by 4)

AND MISSES!
He growls, slipping and sliding around, but maintains a firm grip on the ice.

Gray Mage's turn

Gray Mage
2013-11-20, 08:21 PM
Markas looks at the beasts and then his newfound friends. "Well, didn't want to get too bored, anyway..."

He then feels the playfull aura of his god envolve him, diverting harm from his way. But why not play it safe as well? he thinks. He then heads towards one of those that look like can hold their own in a fight, while trying to remember where is best to poke Yetis with his sword.

Casting Shield of Faith on myself, raising my AC to 21 (+3 deflection boni). He then heads towards either Braddock or Sally, whichever is closer while drawing both his shortswords.

I'll also use my Knowledge Devotion ability. I'm a bit unsure which of Arcana or Local I should use, as they're half-orcs with magical mutations, so I'll make both checks and you can let me know which one to use. :smalltongue:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Not really necessary as it's a +1 either way. So now I have a +1 on attack and damage against them.

Techmagss
2013-11-21, 10:43 AM
One of the three yetis takes a swing of his claws at Braddock!

[roll0]

And he misses, too! Team yeti need to step up their game. Meanwhile, about 20 feet away..

Techmagss
2013-11-21, 10:46 AM
The other yeti roars, his claws imbued with the power of frost, trying to swipe down inigo's arm!

[roll0]
If hit:
[roll1]
Plus:
[roll2] frost damage.

The yeti stumbles, his claws swiping through thin air!

Techmagss
2013-11-21, 10:55 AM
A weaker looking yeti stumbles right over towards Drag, taking a swing at him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

And he misses, too!
VAMP'S TURN

Vamphyr
2013-11-21, 11:11 AM
Braddock swings his scythe into the yeti.

-3 to my attack for a +6 damage bonus from power attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

If my attacks hit it will deal more than 10 damage, which allows me to make a free trip attempt against him as well (if he's not dead).

[roll6]

Edit: Crit on my second attack, so that 16 damage becomes 64 with my x4 critical. (I think he explodes.)

Techmagss
2013-11-21, 11:25 AM
Yep. The yeti explodes in a flurry of limbs and bones. He explodes all over braddock's skin, yuk!

Vamphyr
2013-11-21, 11:32 AM
"RAAAAAAAAAHA HA HA!" Braddock roars gleefully, watching the steaming corpse of the yeti, at least what's left of it, drop to the snow.

Oops, used the wrong color text. Dark red is from my other game.

Techmagss
2013-11-22, 02:42 PM
EKHEM!

The Fifth yeti, a fairy scrawny one but strong nontheless, charges towards the blood soaked Braddock, taking a punch at him!

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

The sixth yeti, a female, charges toward Tressyn and tries to punt him!

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

The next one pushes past the others, trying to swipe down Markas's front!

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Last, but not least, the final yeti roars at Apeiron, tumbling through snow and taking a slash at him!

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Markas' chest is swiped! He begins shivering with the cold, a large claw mark left on him.
Take 10 damage.
Apeiron is also hit. He takes 13 damage, also shivering as his flimsy armor is penetrated!

Techmagss
2013-11-22, 03:04 PM
By the way..
SEPA'S
TURN

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-22, 07:21 PM
Sepa is watching the battle below, seeing how these Yeti seem to have a environmental advantage, but obviously not a combative one. It is then he sees his moment to strike. he flies and positions himself to where is breath weapon does the most damage possible to the yetis. He lets loose a fiery cone from his maw, and scorches a 30 ft by 30 ft area on the ground. he angles it to where I hits the most yetis without touch a single ally. but when the flame finishes escaping from his mouth. Tendril of Fire wrap and wreath around the yeti locking them into place.

Breath Weapon damage.
[roll0] half of this is the actual damage the Reflex save now is not for them to take, but for them to not be Entangled. the DC is 18

also they then are Entangled for [roll1] this many round and each round on my turn they take damage from the fire. so this coming round is
[roll2] add to what they took before if Entangled.

Techmagss
2013-11-22, 07:44 PM
The only real yeti you can hit are two. Your flames engulf them, their wintry skin burning! They take an extra 10 damage as well as being entangled.
Tis' person's turn.

PersonMan
2013-11-24, 05:52 PM
Going for a trip on Yeti 5.

Touch Attack: [roll0]

Opposed Trip: [roll1]

If I succeed, I get another free attack.

A: [roll2]
D: [roll3]

Sallie grins as she watches one of her new comrades burst one of the white furry creatures, making a mental note to speak to him later as another rushes for one of her other allies. In a flash, her chain flies towards it, whipping through the air to coil around one of its legs and trip it.

Regardless of that attack's success, she swings at it two more times a moment later, chain never slowing as it cuts through the air, forcing the yeti's attention to it.

Swift: Switch to Iron Guard's Glare stance. Yeti 5, the one Sallie threatens, has a -4 penalty to attack anyone but her and is aware of this.

A: [roll4]
D: [roll5]

Second attack is a trip, if the one in her AoO fails.

Touch Attack: [roll6]

Opposed Trip: [roll7]

If Success

A: [roll8]
D: [roll9]

And, if the yeti was tripped in her AoO, the damage:

D: [roll10]

Remember tripped enemies have a -4 to AC vs melee attacks.

Techmagss
2013-11-25, 10:29 AM
The huge yeti stumbles over, being smacked by the chain, but its sheer size makes a chance to hit Braddock as it falls, though he quickly moves out the way.

Yeti takes 38 damage.

ApeironTheOdd
2013-11-25, 02:49 PM
If Apeiron wants to live, he has to give that yeti a darn good reason to back the hell off. Apeiron grimaces at the icy swipe that tore right through his robe and into his side. His gentle demeanor slips away like quicksilver. His iron will visibly manifests itself in a gleam in his eyes, as he whip out a simple piece of tallow, breathes a simple evocation and flings the suddenly glowing mass at the yeti point blank, already in control of the orb's momentum. The incantation he hissed out in rare moment of pure hostility, as much like a swear word it might sound, might be translated roughly as "FLAMING. SPHERE!!!"

[roll0]

Gods preserve the memory Apeiron the Odd if this doesn't give him the space to survive.

Techmagss
2013-11-25, 04:22 PM
THe yeti, seeing the flames, tries to flee but trips over his own feet. As he gets back up, he would get a face full of fire!

Damage:
[roll0]

InigoMontoya
2013-11-25, 11:14 PM
Tressyn

After a moment of thought, Tressyn smacks his head. It should have been so obvious! He breathes another cloud of acrid gases, over the heads of his compatriots, into the faces of the yeti.

Mechanics:
Weakening gas, at the largest cluster of yetis. Angle my breath weapon up somewhat (since yeti are go up 10 feet, and party members only go up 5, I'll aim over their heads.

Weakening Gas gives a -6 strength penalty to any yeti caught in the blast.
Fort save, DC 19. If pass, 2 rounds of weaken. If they fail the save, 4 rounds of weaken.

Follow up with the fear aura again. All yetis within 30 feet who haven't been shaken by my fear must make a DC 18 Will save, or be shaken.

Techmagss
2013-11-29, 06:31 PM
3 yetis are caught in the horrid cloud! All three are obviously shaken up by it, taking their -6 penalty!
Your aura effects 2 yetis, however they don't seem to be effected by it that much.

The next yeti (1) tries to attack Sallie after seeing his friend tripped!

[roll0]
If hit:
[roll1]
[roll2]