PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass martial adepts

cakellene
2013-11-19, 11:14 PM
If I take first level of swordsage at say character level 9, what level stances and maneuvers could I select? If I had some racial HD, would that change anything?

Flickerdart
2013-11-19, 11:21 PM
If I take first level of swordsage at say character level 9, what level stances and maneuvers could I select? If I had some racial HD, would that change anything?
RHD are levels, but they are not class levels. I forget which one initiator level cares about.

As an Other Class 9/Swordsage 1, you could pick 3rd level maneuvers from those available to the Swordsage.

Deophaun
2013-11-19, 11:23 PM
You are always going to be limited to a 1st level stance. That's just the way it's worded.

For the rest, you initiator level is 4 (8/2) + 1, so you can take 3rd level maneuvers.

LTwerewolf
2013-11-19, 11:30 PM
RHD are levels, but they are not class levels. I forget which one initiator level cares about.

As an Other Class 9/Swordsage 1, you could pick 3rd level maneuvers from those available to the Swordsage.

RAW in the book it specifies class levels, so RHD won't work. Page 39.

Red Fel
2013-11-19, 11:38 PM
You are always going to be limited to a 1st level stance. That's just the way it's worded.

For the rest, you initiator level is 4 (8/2) + 1, so you can take 3rd level maneuvers.

Although you still have to meet any maneuver prereqs (i.e. maneuvers known). For example, Mind Over Body (Swordsage 3) has no prereq, but Devastating Throw (also Swordsage 3) does (must already know one Setting Sun maneuver). Fortunately, you can take the prereqs then and there. (For example, take Counter Charge, then Devastating Throw.)