PDA

View Full Version : misfit mercenaries (IC thread)

jlmdragon
2013-11-20, 04:26 AM
our tail begin in the sprawling border city of Aelhaven, here people of many different races live out their lives as best they can with out having to worry too much about the politics of the lager kingdoms which do know govern this free city.

that is not to say there is not rule of law, the city is governed by lord Dion Harton, and enforced by the city watch.

after the lord and his court the next most powerful people are the 5 guilds of the city

guild Dainos the guild of arcane magic

guild Tenold the guild of divine magic

guild Striecaw the guild of metalwork

guild Lloikor the guild or exotic goods

guild Luntbur the guild of stonemasons

each guild is responsible for its own area of trade and services and they enforce that only members can practice their craft inside the city walls, so if you want to cast a arcane spell you must be a member of the Dainos guild, if you want to cast a healing spell then you must be in the Tenold guild.

in a city this large there also exist unofficial organisations like the band of Toonlor a mercenary group that sprung up to try and get the various sell-swords and other travelling warriors for heir more organised so that it was easier for both parties to find each other and arrange a contract to be drawn up.

there are also rumours of illegal groups operating in the city like that of the assassin's guild and such groups have high bounties on their head but most people are too scared to try to claim them.

and so into this city come our heroes, a small group of would be mercenaries looking to make it big in this large city of opportunity

Andion Isurand
2013-11-20, 05:04 AM
Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) stood before the city's main notice board, amidst the central market square. Perusing the ads for opportunities to make the money he would require to pursue his projects, and decided his best bet would be to seek contractual employment for Guild Dainos. He was somewhat capable of scribing nearly any beginner's scroll that they might seek for their spellbooks, but if they could lend him an appropriate item while he visited their workplace, it would improve his chances of success. He figured that he could try to make an arrangement, to work for them on a contractual basis, so that if his crew were to leave on a mission or an assignment, he could accompany them.

jlmdragon
2013-11-20, 05:35 AM
joining the guild and finding work is not hard but with the the upfront cost membership and all the other charges you are required to make to the guild you only end up making 10 gold before exhausting all the work that you could do by yourself.

drack
2013-11-20, 06:43 AM
What be worthy o' me talents? Silas asks as he allows his eyes to skim through the work board for something big and exciting.

Silver Night
2013-11-20, 06:51 AM
We could see if we could get in touch with the Toonlor, see if they have any clients in need of particular skills. Tithe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=710510) studies the board with the others.

supernerd
2013-11-20, 08:42 AM
There should be something up here to deal with. It's not like everything's peachy. Shafire (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=709437)looked to the board, his tentacles kept away where he would not be ridiculed by the average swordsmen of the city. Just give me a year, and I'll grow beyond all of you. Hmm... Telepathy might be nice. Maybe I can develop that sometime soon... Though I'll have to learn how to hide my disdain.

Rangerium
2013-11-20, 12:32 PM
the ninja grins as he prepares his kamas and equipment for his secret assignment from the Lloikor guild, looking at the image of his next target, feeling the thrill build up of the kill and the pride he would get in completing the job

jlmdragon
2013-11-20, 04:09 PM
on the notice board you see many different jobs listed but 3 stand out as suitable for your group

1) cultists wanted dead, bring in both ears for proof of death, see peter smith for more details.

2) rare ingredients wanted by trader Darius crumb, see him for more details.

3) body guards wanted by member of guild Tenold, see Matthew the lightseeker.

drack
2013-11-20, 04:12 PM
Silas tears down the first request before looking about him. "Well, you all seem like fine fellas, how would ya' like to join with me in cultist hunting. It seems we need to take 'em by the ear."

Andion Isurand
2013-11-20, 04:53 PM
Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) looks over to the others, and figures that he'd need their help if he wanted to cash in on the the more difficult tasks. "I'll help if in any way I am able, although I do believe we may be under equipped to properly deal with the cultists. It might be prudent to see what each of these jobs are about first, and to work our way up by order of difficulty, investing the rewards of each task towards gear that can be used for subsequent endeavors."

drack
2013-11-20, 04:54 PM
Silas grins confidently. "Nonsense, here you're looking at the best damned huntsmen on this side of the world!"

Andion Isurand
2013-11-20, 05:08 PM
Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) sighed. "Well, if that's true, what could I do to help, without actually hindering your efforts? Without the funds and equipment I require for my intended projects, I feel my capabilities are somewhat limited. Although I'm reasonably strong and can swing a weapon, I am still a novice in my field and not exceptionally stealthy."

drack
2013-11-20, 05:13 PM
Silas slaps that man on the back enthusiastically. "Then you must then be quite the genius at novistry. You'll pick it up with a bit o' practice, after all how hard could it be?"

supernerd
2013-11-20, 05:20 PM
Shafire chuckled to himself at the happenings before joining the conversation, "You sir, seem to be operating on the false premise that a man can do nothing without wealth. It is a facilitator, not a necessity. I'd be more than happy to accompany you, Huntsman. Cultists are a rather stupid lot. Unless they are comparable to gods, there is always the brand of death on their heads." What a splendid day, seems I'll not be risking running off on my lonesome today.

Andion Isurand
2013-11-20, 05:21 PM
Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) shrugged and looked about the others to receive their thoughts on the matter as he spoke. "Well, let us at least gather some intelligence from the one who posted the bounty, yes?"

drack
2013-11-20, 05:23 PM
Silas gives the man a suspicious look as if thinking "intelligence" were overrated, but shrugs in the end.

supernerd
2013-11-20, 05:30 PM
Sticking his hands in his pockets, Shafire slouched a bit, "If you carry me, which won't be hard, I'd be happy to see where we'll be pointing our weapons." He expected a no, but it never hurt to ask.

You have plenty of carrying capacity to carry me and stay in a light load.

Silver Night
2013-11-21, 12:42 AM
"Sounds fine to me. Not too much for religion, as a general rule, myself." The elf clicks neatly-trimmed nails against the pommel of her sword, "I can swing a sword too, if needs be. Particularly if it pays. If that job doesn't look good, I'd suggest the guild job. Can't hurt to be on their good side, in this town."

drack
2013-11-21, 12:52 AM
Silas gruffs in annoyance. "Well a huntsmen of my skill certainly wouldn't be off picking mushrooms for some old hag, but for now I'll be hunting cultists. You want in?"

Andion Isurand
2013-11-21, 03:09 AM
"Well, let us at least hear what each of these potential clients have to say about their proposals. It could be that one of these jobs could offer a reward that will help us complete another." Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) suggested.

Silver Night
2013-11-21, 03:57 AM
"Fine. Let's go." Tithe will, should the others follow, head for wherever the cultist job indicates questions should be asked. As a quick aside: Tithe is an elf, dressed as one might expect a mercenary to be dressed (studded leather, longsword) plus or minus an odd belt pouch or two. Her ash blond hair is cropped to a short, practical length, and her features - while the delicate norm for one of her race - are generally unremarkable.

drack
2013-11-21, 05:37 AM
"Well, let us at least hear what each of these potential clients have to say about their proposals. It could be that one of these jobs could offer a reward that will help us complete another." Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) suggested.

Silas rejects the idea, claiming that it's one thing to learn of the cultists you're about to kill, another to ask details of every one of the hundred requests upon the board. Specifically he mentions that he doesn't want to spend years asking questions while someone else claims his cultist ears.

jlmdragon
2013-11-21, 06:14 AM
((for those who go to meet peter smith))

you find peter smith as his name might surgest in one of the many blacksmith's workshops, he is fairly big and burly for a dwarf and has a rough way of speaking and greets you as best he can

"hullo and what can i do for you good folks today?"

drack
2013-11-21, 06:29 AM
Silas cuts right to the point before anyone can even think of small-talking the man. "I hear ya' be wanting some cultists dead. Fill us in and we'll deal with the pests for you."

jlmdragon
2013-11-21, 06:48 AM
he hurriedly waves you to follow him into the workshop where no-one can eavesdrop and in hushed tones whispers

"you can find them in the sewers near the junction where lampwrite's street and the golden way road meet, you looking for kobolds bearing the symbol of a red eye"

then in a louder voice says

"yes sir i'll make sure to have your order ready by tomorrow, now if you excuse me i must get back to work"

drack
2013-11-21, 06:53 AM
"Ah, the sewers" Silas mutters. "I should have known." After all everyone knows that cultists and thieves love underground passageways, and the sewers were one instance of such. "Shal we then?" He confirms, gesturing for his companions to join him.

supernerd
2013-11-21, 10:02 AM
Shafire sighed as the weird human talked about gathering information from all three of the people before going on the one they had decided on, but went off to see Peter Smith with the Huntsman anyways. When details were agreed on, he readied himself to go, "Yes let's. perhaps these sewers will provide good practice."

Andion Isurand
2013-11-21, 04:16 PM
Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) had followed the others to see Peter Smith, and when they'd been given the information, he shrugged and nodded at the others' eagerness, "I suppose I'm ready as well, with all of you so eager to get on with it."

Amakule
2013-11-21, 05:10 PM
Rurik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=709422)daydreamed of happy times spent long ago as the group discusses what to do. He holds no interest in what the job actually involves, or even the payment. The great thing about adventure is the mystery, so he keeps himself occupied internally when not on a mission. Rurik catches fragments of the argument and smiles at his thoughts, "It's nice to have opinionated comrades."

Rurik smells fishiness from Peter, but remains silent except for a sigh. A job is a job, and his optimism keeps the idea of a trap far away. Rurik chooses to see the sketchiness as just another mystery to solve.

Hi there! Sorry I'm late. Been a bit busy with things, and I was trying to come up with an actual character to the crunch. Got a good feel for Rurik now, and I'm ready to play if you'll still have me.
Can we get an OoC thread, or do spoilers work for you?

drack
2013-11-21, 07:29 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=315562

Silver Night
2013-11-21, 11:23 PM
"The sewers it is." Tithe says, with the sanguine tone of someone who has access to Prestidigitation. "Is there anything else we should know about these cultists? What god the worship? That kind of thing."

Once any further info is obtained, she will head to the sewers with the others.

Knowledge: Religion for the cult and its cultists [roll0]

drack
2013-11-22, 07:53 AM
The water splashed loudly as silas landed in it looking about he flips a golden coin to determine which way to go. :smalltongue:

supernerd
2013-11-22, 09:09 AM
In the dank sewers there was little light, there was room for more. He pulled out his pendant of liquid sunlight, a torch on a necklace. Hopefully this will help us. I would like to keep things rolling."

jlmdragon
2013-11-22, 01:19 PM
the serwer tunnels go in 4 ways like a crossroad, the north and sound tunnels are a dry flagstone path, the east and west tunnel is just the sewer water way and stinks something awful

make a DC 13 fort save or be sickened for 1 min

drack
2013-11-22, 01:22 PM
[roll0]
1/2 rolls
Northeast/southwest
[roll1]
Northwest/southeast
[roll2]

After consulting the clearly magical ans systematic method Silas points east "Tha'r they be! I can smell them already, rotten filth they are!"

supernerd
2013-11-22, 01:58 PM
[roll0]

Shafire shrugged, turning to the east and plodding off, "Whatever you say. It's not like we won't run into them eventually, and it would be best to clear this place out completely. More loot for us." Hopefully the conditions would improve.

drack
2013-11-22, 02:11 PM
Silas boldly pelts the wall with a mouthful of vomit. "Yup, I defiantly smell them somewhere around here." he assures the group

Whoops, looks like I'm nauseated. :smalltongue:

Rangerium
2013-11-22, 04:23 PM
the hooded ninja walks up to the group from the shadows " so you here for the cultist's ears as well then" grins at the other people " ive been tracking them through this place"

Andion Isurand
2013-11-22, 08:04 PM
Searches the surrounding area as they pass through the sewers, proceeding slowly along with the rest of them. Carefully looking for scuffs or marks on the walls that could indicate something other than vermin in the area.

Search [roll0]

drack
2013-11-22, 08:08 PM
the hooded ninja walks up to the group from the shadows " so you here for the cultist's ears as well then" grins at the other people " ive been tracking them through this place"

Jumping visibly Silas fires a bolt into the wall swearing loudly. "Boy! You could loose an ear sneaking up on a trained huntsman such as me like that! All the same, join in, join in, the more the merrier, grab and ear!" In good Humor Silas then pulls teh bolt from the wall reloading it into his crossbow.

Rangerium
2013-11-22, 09:16 PM
sighs softly and shakes my head softly " you could of tried to hit me not sure how much effectiveness it would of been , but the cultist's are down that tunnel" point towards the left tunnel " as i said i've been tracking them

drack
2013-11-22, 09:20 PM
Silas gives you a look that says you're not telling him anything that a hundred wannabe hunters hadn't told him before while trying to impress upon him their importance with obvious things. "I didn't shoot you because you don't smell like a cultist, as for the tunnel... Yes, the east, like I said, lets go!"

Amakule
2013-11-23, 12:31 AM
Rurik pats Silas on the back when he hurls, and chuckles, "Don't breathe it all in at once! Ya got ta savor a strong smell like sewage."
He gives the ninja a funny look, "I can't say I expected men running around in pajamas. Either way, lead on, gents." and Rurik follows the group down the Eastern tunnel, wading through sewage that goes uncomfortably high on his short body.

Silver Night
2013-11-23, 01:10 AM
Tithe grimaces in disgust at their surroundings.

[roll0] Fort Save

Spot [roll1] to see any evidence of kobold habitation or notice anything else useful.

"Wait a moment. Do Kobolds even have ears? I suppose there is some sort of flap or membrane at least." Tithe seems to get a good mouthful of the stench and turns even more grey, then loses her lunch.

Andion Isurand
2013-11-23, 02:16 AM
Xukhezur attempts to be sneaky and preceptive as he moves with the group.

Move Silently [roll0]
Hide [roll1]
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

jlmdragon
2013-11-23, 08:20 AM
an so the group moves forward into the dark tunnels, there are no natural lights here so torches or other light sources must be used, trusting to guess work the group finds their way into a large chamber filled with stinking piles of refuse, at first the chamber seems empty but in then suddenly in the torchlight Tithe and Xukhezur spot something amiss you, a feeling like walking into a trap, there is something odd about those piles or rubbish.

drack
2013-11-23, 09:45 AM
Silas gestures for the bigger beefier men to go first.

Amakule
2013-11-23, 11:26 AM
Rurik chuckles again and speaks loudly as usual, "I don't got any idea where these lizard-dogs have run off to. Why would I lead the way? Or have ya gotten us lost?" He takes a look around the tunnel to see what he can see, since their "legendary tracker" isn't providing a path.

Spot: [roll0] (Darkvision 60ft)
Listen: [roll1]
Also, if there's any unusual stonework within 10ft of him, Rurik gets a Search check.

Rangerium
2013-11-23, 06:24 PM
giggles softly to himself looking at them wondering where to go " this your first adventure or something you guys know nothing about tracking and finding your targets"

drack
2013-11-23, 06:50 PM
"Did I ever tell you about the time I done battle with that leviathan off the east coast? I been on plenty a' adventures!" As if to prove this he rolls up a sleeve to reveal several nasty scars that snake their way up it.

Rangerium
2013-11-23, 07:02 PM
"so you mean to tell me you actually let your enemies hit you " the ninja sighs " if we all stay quiet and concentrate we will easily be able to find the cultists, just got to find a irregular sound in this place"

drack
2013-11-23, 07:13 PM
Silas grins as he jokingly points at the foolish man's lips as if to indicate he had fount the source of the suspicious sound. Silently he wonders to himself what kind of pansy would run away from enough challenges not to get even a single scratch. Is this man craven?

Rangerium
2013-11-23, 07:25 PM
smiles at the other " what makes you think that maybe i don't let my enemies have a chance of hitting me rather then running"

drack
2013-11-23, 07:30 PM
Ah, italics are thoughts. He is replying to the pointing finger? :smallconfused:

Rangerium
2013-11-23, 07:43 PM
looks to silas and rolls my eyes at him " if only you knew my combat tricks i guess we will find out soon enough"

supernerd
2013-11-23, 07:45 PM
Shafire sighed, "Well, we'll not be finding any by criticizing methodology." He walked forward, taking a few steps past the bits of rubbish. Such inconsequential things held not value unless they became threats.

Silver Night
2013-11-23, 10:33 PM
Tithe is happy to let someone else move ahead. She draws her sword and eyes the rubbish piles. Experimentally, she zaps one with a Ray of Frost.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

drack
2013-11-23, 10:35 PM
Silas continues walking.

Rangerium
2013-11-23, 10:37 PM
the ninja follows the group through the tunnel keeping concentration on his surroundings

supernerd
2013-11-23, 10:56 PM
As the elf fired off her bit of cold, Shafire snickered, "First we have a party with no front-liners who puts their Halfling with no weapons at all in the front, now we have a spell caster who's wasting spell slots on trash? Let me get that for you." Shafire then snapped and through an Elemental Lance of Sonic Energy into an Adjacent pile. Not the most subtle way of getting around a sewer, but it'll do.

supernerd
2013-11-23, 10:58 PM
As the elf fired off her bit of cold, Shafire snickered, "First we have a party with no front-liners who puts their Halfling with no weapons at all in the front, now we have a spell caster who's wasting spells on trash? Let me get that for you." Shafire then snapped and threw an Elemental Lance of Sonic Energy into an adjacent pile. Not the most subtle way of getting around a sewer, but it'll do.

Elemental Lance
Attack: [roll0] touch

jlmdragon
2013-11-24, 03:38 AM
((and if you had only let the dwarf warn you too....))

the blast of energy into the pile of rubbish sets a number of things into motion, first loosely held pile of rocks in the ceiling over the doorway you just came though tumbles down blocking that exit, second the whole of the chamber has containers of a sticky substance dropped on them, (counts as being hit with a tangle foot bag, DC 15 reflex save avoid this)

there is also a sound of pre loaded crossbows being fired though the whole room

one attack per person using the following attack and damage rolls

to hit Silas:
[roll0]
damage:
[roll1]

to hit Shafire Goldweave:
[roll2]
damage:
[roll3]

to hit Rurik Ungart:
[roll4]
damage:
[roll5]

to hit Tithe:
[roll6]
damage:
[roll7]

to hit Xukhezur:
[roll8]
damage:
[roll9]

to hit Ninja:
[roll10]
damage:
[roll11]

((don't forget if you fail your reflex save this attack is against your FF AC))

Silver Night
2013-11-24, 04:01 AM
Tithe curses and tries to avoid the trap. The crossbow bolt flies by her without hitting.

Reflex: [roll0]

supernerd
2013-11-24, 05:54 AM
Shafire begins his evaisive manuevers, feeling the thrill of a job run through him, "Now this is more like it!" He'd likely find himself taken down or incapacitated in some way, but not so he wouldn't get back up.

the attack is a miss regardless.

Andion Isurand
2013-11-24, 06:02 AM
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) is missed by the bolt sent his way, and tries to locate the source of the attack.

drack
2013-11-24, 08:14 AM
Silas is caught off guard, the bolt lodging in his forearm, the sticky goop missing him by luck alone. Focusing for a few seconds though, the bolt falls from his arm, and a scab forms over the wound almost instantly. As his wound heals he boldly announces that they've found cultists.

Using strong blood ability to heal 2hp! Now I'm at 4! :smalltongue:
reflex [roll0]

Rangerium
2013-11-24, 01:35 PM
reflex save [roll0] the ninja uses his kamas to dodge the incoming projectile

Amakule
2013-11-24, 01:45 PM
No attack roll for the tanglefoots? Also, aren't we in sewer water?
Reflex Save: [roll0]

Rurik is surprised by the slime, but manages to dodge the bolt when he bends over to break the goo that entangles him.

jlmdragon
2013-11-24, 02:20 PM
so only Rurik Ungart is glued for [roll0] rounds, unless he makes a DC 17 strength check or does 15 points of damage with a slashing weapon, other wise he suffers -4 to dex, -2 to hit and is immobilized where he stands making him Flat-footed

from the shadow the sound of hidden doors opening is heard as out spring 6 kobold cultists in a surprise attack.

surprise round:all the kobolds are within 50ft, and using slings at the moment

to hit Silas:
[roll1]
damage:
[roll2]

to hit Shafire Goldweave:
[roll3]
damage:
[roll4]

to hit Rurik Ungart:
[roll5]
damage:
[roll6]

to hit Tithe:
[roll7]
damage:
[roll8]

to hit Xukhezur:
[roll9]
damage:
[roll10]

to hit Ninja:
[roll11]
damage:
[roll12]

initiative for next round
kobold 1
[roll13]

kobold 2
[roll14]

kobold 3
[roll15]

kobold 4
[roll16]

kobold 5
[roll17]

kobold 6
[roll18]

drack
2013-11-24, 02:30 PM
Silas laughs as the next bolt hits him. This was what hinting was about... well it may have been better were he not hit every six seconds by a projectile... Still it was rejuvenating in a way.

initiative
[roll0]

Silver Night
2013-11-24, 02:55 PM
Init: [roll0]

Tithe narrows her eyes at the cultists and casts a spell on her turn.

Tithe will cast Entangle, catching as many of the cultists as she can, and then zap one of them with a frost ray (cantrips are a swift action).

Ranged touch: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

drack
2013-11-24, 03:25 PM
Noticing that he's a touch light headed, Silas drops to the ground putting the refuse between himself and his attackers.

1HP, so nabbing cover and prone as a free action for +8AC. :smallwink:

jlmdragon
2013-11-24, 03:25 PM
the fungus among the rubbish comes to life with the spell and many ting fibre like tentacle try to grab at 3 of the kobolds

save roll 1
[roll0]

save roll 2
[roll1]

save roll 3
[roll2]

jlmdragon
2013-11-24, 03:29 PM
all 3 kobolds are grabbed and one is hit by the blood freezing spell making it whine out in pain, the others chatter enraged by this turn of events yelling out insults in a broken version of common

Rangerium
2013-11-24, 04:07 PM
the ninja waits for the perfect opportunity to flank one of his enemies

Rangerium
2013-11-24, 04:14 PM
initiative check [roll0]

Andion Isurand
2013-11-24, 04:29 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

supernerd
2013-11-24, 04:36 PM
[roll0] This will decide when my action resolves.

Shafire bobs and weaves away from the spectacularly trained Kobold Slingers. He returns with a resounding bolt of his own, hoping it would land its target. He then proceded to take action closer to his foes.

Standard: Elemental Lance
Touch Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Sonic
Move: 20ft closer to the kobolds

drack
2013-11-24, 04:38 PM
Silas patiently allows the kobolds the first shot to show beyond doubt that he is the better man... thing... humanoid? :smalltongue:

Rangerium
2013-11-24, 05:18 PM
gets as close as i can to the closer enemies and watches my surroundings

Silver Night
2013-11-24, 05:21 PM
When Tithe is prepared to act again, she moves closer (though not *too* close) to the kobolds and casts again.

Ray of Enfeeblement on one of the two non-entangled Kobolds.

Strength Penalty: [roll1]

The idea here is if they take a good strength hit, and are carrying anything, it will suddenly be way past their max load :P

And another Ray of Frost at the same Kobold she hit the first time:

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Andion Isurand
2013-11-24, 05:47 PM
Xukhezur (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=711446) reaches into his pouch of stones, withdrawing three stones and a sling, casting Magic Stone (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magicStone.htm) infusion on the stones as a standard action, before kneeling (+2 AC vs ranged, -2 AC vs. melee) and preparing to sling them at the kobolds.

Rangerium
2013-11-24, 06:11 PM
closes the gap with the closes cultist and slashes it him with my 2 kamas
( as he is flat footed my sneak attack activates)

[roll0]
[roll1]

1st strike if hit [roll2] [roll3]
2nd strike if hit [roll4] [roll5]

Amakule
2013-11-24, 06:44 PM
Initiative 9

Rurik speaks in Draconic; slowly and with thick sarcasm, "Oh my. Who could have seen that ambush comin'?" He even lets out a chuckle as he uses his warpike to break apart the slime that holds him. Rurik further insults the spawn of dragons by comparing them to vermin in an attempt to draw their attention. "I'm real tired o' these little lizard-rats runnin' 'round, playin' dragon in our sewers. They don't even have tha honor ta fight without hidin'!" A smirk sneaks its way out, and he moves up to the front line.

He's got a reach weapon if they do decide to move up.

Again, that's all in Draconic.

supernerd
2013-11-24, 07:01 PM
Shafire Held his head high, glad there was someone that could hold the front. He then loosed another bolt at the one that looked least battered. It was rather enjoyable, this discourse. Hopefully he'd only come home with a broken limb.

Standard: Elemental Lance: Sonic
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Sonic
Stay Behind and let the dwarf take them.

Andion Isurand
2013-11-24, 07:26 PM
Next three attacks in the next three rounds using the magic stones, assuming things proceed on course.[roll0] -- and if hit --> [roll1]
[roll2] -- and if hit --> [roll3]
[roll4] -- and if hit --> [roll5]

jlmdragon
2013-11-25, 07:27 AM
events of round 1

Shafire's energy attack blasts down one of the un-entangled kobolds dead, the remaining 2 who are not entangled let of one sling attack before retreating back 30ft toward the far exit of the chamber, you think it will take them 2 rounds to escape though it at that rate, the remaining 3 entangled kobolds try to get free of the clinging fungus tentacles.

attack 1 at Shafire
[roll0]

attack 2 at Rurik
[roll1]

strength check for kobold 1
[roll2]

strength check for kobold 2
[roll3]

strength check for kobold 3
[roll4]

jlmdragon
2013-11-25, 07:30 AM
hit on Rurik
[roll0] damage

the entangled kobolds wail as they are left behind unable to get away at all

jlmdragon
2013-11-25, 07:40 AM
round 2

Xukhezur and Shafire take out the 2 fleeing kobolds while ninja and Tithe take out 2 of the 3 entangled ones leaving the fate of the last one up to Rurik who is now within 20ft of them, the kobold in question still has his sling equipped and a stone ready to fire with it

turns left to take in round 2 in this order

Rurik

kobold (entangled but otherwise untouched)

Silas

drack
2013-11-25, 08:58 AM
Silas, meanwhile, fires off another bolt.

[roll0] for [roll1] damage

Silver Night
2013-11-25, 05:37 PM
Tithe, when she acts again, zaps the remaining kobold with a Ray of Clumsiness and a frost ray if it is still standing. Otherwise she searches the downed kobold (the Entangle spell auto dismisses at the end of the encounter)

Doing this on my phone, so bear with me if it doesn't work right. Also, make that search check for me if need be.
First Ray attack: [roll0]
Strength penalty: [roll1]

Frost ray: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Andion Isurand
2013-11-26, 12:23 AM
Xukhezur, after the encounter, takes his share of the trophies from the fallen Kobolds, and searches the area and the bodies for items of value.
Initial Search: [roll0]
He also prepares to Appraise any items... and to ascertain if those items of above average make... possess any magic about them.... using his Artificer Knowledge.

Rangerium
2013-11-26, 05:50 AM
the ninja also walks over to the bodies collecting his share in the rewards, also looking around and seeing if he can spot any things of value laying around
[roll0]

jlmdragon
2013-11-26, 06:57 AM
((for the sake of speeding this up i will now take Amakule's turn))

round 2 resolution

with a roar of battle Rurik Ungart charges the last kobold to finish this combat

to hit
[roll0]

damage
[roll1] +4

jlmdragon
2013-11-26, 07:01 AM
with a cry the last kobold falls dead, search checks only show some crude worship tokens, glass prayer beads, wooden idols, all of the same red eye god who or whatever that is.

supernerd
2013-11-26, 07:21 AM
Shafire picks up a set of these tidbits, putting them in his pack, "You never know when cultist articles can become useful. Now it's off to the next batch of lizards. Does anyone have healing? I'm fine, but I see one man who doesn't."

drack
2013-11-26, 07:28 AM
Silas stands brushing any of the remaining refuge from him. "Ah, just gimme a moment to catch me breath, these be but little scratches to those I got from resting trolls in the mountains."

Should take silas only a few minuets to heal.

Rangerium
2013-11-26, 09:31 AM
uses my kamas to cut the ears off the cultist " this is what we came for"

drack
2013-11-26, 11:01 AM
"Unless they weren't the cultist leader." Silas grumbles. "None of them looked particularly commanding to me..."

Amakule
2013-11-26, 02:49 PM
Rurik picks up one of the bleeding Kobolds and starts shaking it in futile attempts to wake it. "Wake up, ya nut job!" When it only spews more blood, he throws the creature back to the ground. "Let's try to capture one of them next time. That way we'll know if we got them all."

Thanks for taking my turn. Christmas sales started early this year, and I had an incredibly long day at work.

Rangerium
2013-11-26, 03:42 PM
the ninja ponders " no harm in taking the ear just in case anyway there might be a bonus reward in it anyway"

drack
2013-11-26, 03:46 PM
"Thar you are, a good fightin spirit!"

Rangerium
2013-11-26, 04:46 PM
goes back the way we came to the blacksmith and hands in the reward as i place the ears down on the table in front of him and look at him

supernerd
2013-11-26, 04:49 PM
Shafire plods off to catch up with the earbearing fellow, "Where in the Nine Hells do you think you're going? There have to more of these suckers!" He hurriedly catches up in the blacksmith's shop.

Sorry, If I'm not VoP, and the sneak is going secretive type, then I have to be near the loot.

Andion Isurand
2013-11-26, 08:27 PM
Xukhezur stays with the group, and offers to try and tend Silas with his healing kit, before going with them to the Blacksmith to collect any rewards, and to find out whether more cultists might remain.

Silver Night
2013-11-26, 09:30 PM
Before they leave the chamber Tithe checks to see if the passage continues on. "We should see if there are more - we haven't run across a temple or altar yet, so this is likely only the exterior of their territory."

drack
2013-11-26, 10:30 PM
"Yes, lets follow this passage, they may have been guarding something." Having fully recovered Silas pokes one of the globules of rubbish as he passes to see if they're still alive and/or hostile.

Silver Night
2013-11-27, 12:05 AM
"And be wary of more traps." Tithe joins in heading further down the passage.

Andion Isurand
2013-11-27, 01:01 AM
Xukhezur assists in searching for any traps as they continue along.Search: [roll0]
He holds his remaining magic stone along with his sling, and remains frosty.

jlmdragon
2013-11-27, 01:05 AM
further exploration does reveal a "special" chamber with an alter ans various scribbles around the walls, but no more kobolds, treasure or traps, you do find some bits of parchment on a pedestal near the alter, something written in draconic, at first glance i looks like gibberish but after reading it over a few times suggests it might be written in some kind of code but more examples of it would be needed before it can by deciphered.

those who go back to the black smith are thanked and the group is given a bag of 300GP

"also you might want to ask captain hayward about more work as he might have some better jobs that are not advertised quite so widely but you won't see him with out some kind of proof of trust, so take this"

he hands the group a silver pin with the symbol of a shield and crossed hammer and axe, the symbol of the city guard

"so that to the guards of the city watch and they will let you in to see the captain"

Silver Night
2013-11-27, 01:09 AM
Tithe seems more interested in the code than the gold - though she is plenty interested in the gold. "Well, shall we see Captain Hayward?"

Andion Isurand
2013-11-27, 01:22 AM
Xukhezur grees with Tithe, that they should proceed on to another job. Although he is interested in a fitting portion of gold, he figures that the group should save it until they have enough for a worthy investment.

drack
2013-11-27, 08:00 AM
Silas splits thee gold six ways (giving everyone 50gp), then heads on over to see what this work might entail.

supernerd
2013-11-27, 02:43 PM
Shafire walked up to the elf after receiving his gold telling the huntsman over his shoulder, "Thanks! Sorry I ran off." He turned to Tithe, "Was there any Draconic in that other room? I've got a little experience in codes if that's an issue. Cults tend not to want people knowing what they're saying."

Rangerium
2013-11-27, 04:47 PM
walks up to the mission board and looks over it again" where to next"

drack
2013-11-27, 04:55 PM
Silas looks at the man as he begins to leave "Weren't we going to see the guard for any better jobs first, or do you just like herbs that much?"

Silver Night
2013-11-27, 05:02 PM
Shafire walked up to the elf after receiving his gold telling the huntsman over his shoulder, "Thanks! Sorry I ran off." He turned to Tithe, "Was there any Draconic in that other room? I've got a little experience in codes if that's an issue. Cults tend not to want people knowing what they're saying."

"This scrap has draconic on it - but in some kind of code. We will likely need more if we want to know what it says. Perhaps there are more of the cultists around, and this is a communication." She shows him the scrap from the altar room. "For now, let's see if there is another job for us with the Captain."

supernerd
2013-11-27, 06:56 PM
The halfling gratefully takes a look at the papers, seeing if he could find any patterns, "Well, with any luck they were as bad at making codes as they were at fighting. I'm familiar with the tongue of the dragons."

Take 3-5 Minutes to analyze possible code types (Shift Cipher, firct letter of the word, erase letters belonging to a code word, etc.), Speak Draconic +Decipher Script [roll0]

Silver Night
2013-11-28, 02:53 AM
Tithe studies it too.

Oh yeah! I have decipher script too. Will at least give a abseline even if it doesn't help decode it right away:

Decipher Script [roll0]

jlmdragon
2013-11-28, 08:12 AM
those who go to see the captain:

you are let though when you reach the guardhouse that captain Hayward is stationed at

"hmmm so i take it from this token you have been of service to the city? good, always nice to meet such helpful people.

tell me did you just do it for the money or does a noble sense of duty stir you? well either way in a city this big there will always be work for people of both motives, but lets get to the point shall we.

this cult of who's members you killed is not the first to try to spring up nor will it be the last, if you would be of further service and earn more gold then i want you to track down another cell of it, they recently took some people from the west trade district of the city but i have not had any spare guards to send, retrieve the people that were taken alive and i will make sure you are well rewarded"

regarding the decipher attempts, you still need more examples of the code before you can break it.

regarding the notice board if anyone went back now to look:

there are only a few minor jobs at the moment but nothing worth your valuable time

drack
2013-11-28, 08:47 AM
Silas grins. "I hunt as a hunter, though being of use and getting paid are both good too, just secondary to my nature. More cultists it is, where are they? The west trade district? Back 'efore you even know we're gone."

Silver Night
2013-11-28, 01:36 PM
Tithe would pump the Captain for any additional information, such as:

What kind of cult is it?

How long have they been present?

Is there any indication of the type of forces this cell has?

Who is their leader?

And then she would continue along with Silas to do the job.

Trying to make sure that we keep rolling along. This game has been going extremely fast, it's great!

supernerd
2013-11-28, 03:05 PM
Shafire chuckled, "It's more fun than just sitting around, and pays better than making shoes. I suppose we should get back to killing more of them. Hopefully we can find a reason for them to die." He gave pause for his fellows and heads for the west trade district.

jlmdragon
2013-11-29, 01:52 AM
Tithe would pump the Captain for any additional information, such as:

What kind of cult is it?

How long have they been present?

Is there any indication of the type of forces this cell has?

Who is their leader?

And then she would continue along with Silas to do the job.

Trying to make sure that we keep rolling along. This game has been going extremely fast, it's great!

the captain answers as best he can:

1) don't know, don't care just as long as they are dealt with

2) well we have only been aware of them for a week now but they could claim to be some kind of ancient order that was biding its time.

3) from the description it a few goblins we think

4) don't really know not even sure what it is they worship.

Rangerium
2013-11-29, 03:01 PM
walk to the destination of the captain with the other after reading thought the t jobs and deeming thme not worth my time

jlmdragon
2013-12-01, 02:26 AM
west trade district:

its what you would expect of any trading district in a city this size, crowded, noisy with the voices of sellers and the bargaining of the them with the shoppers. in fact nothing looks out of place but maybe talking to a few of the sellers might tell you something

Silver Night
2013-12-01, 02:52 AM
"Any of you good at chatting? Not much for it myself, but that's probably our best bet."

Gather information, I guess it'd be? [roll0]

jlmdragon
2013-12-01, 07:59 AM
Tithe does not make much head way with finding anything out, the traders seem to be too busy trading with people who are actually buying stuff

drack
2013-12-01, 08:32 AM
Silas searches for a knowledgeable yet not overbussy patron... or an old person just watching people, and slips them a golden coin asking for information on the cult in this area.

Gather info[roll0]

supernerd
2013-12-01, 10:21 AM
"Maybe we should all get more social skills." Shafire continues the train of asking around, not likely to gain more than his companions.

Gather Information. It's a Class Skill, but I haven't evolved ranks into it yet.
[roll0]

Andion Isurand
2013-12-01, 04:57 PM
Xukhezur does his best to go about inquiring of others in the area concerning those abducted.Gather Information: [roll0]

Silver Night
2013-12-02, 12:07 AM
/me resorts to being rather liberal, handing out 30 or so silver in the course of her inquiries, split between misc. purchases and more straightforward bribes..

supernerd
2013-12-02, 04:34 PM
Anything that violates board rules will be glossed over/curtained/fade to black/whatever.

With only so much in charm alone, Shafire starts offering intercourse and a gold and two silver to someone who tells him where to find the cult. The silver up front and the gold and optional intercourse after the information has been given.

Intercourse can be a very big motivator for some people. He also tries not to offer it to the obvious prudes. I assume that with a 5, I'll get something to work with on the fifth person, so that's 2gp down. Tell me if it doesn't work after the tenth time I give away two silver for free, because that's my limit. Also, sorry if this makes any of you uncomfortable.

jlmdragon
2013-12-03, 03:09 AM
eventually after spending a total of 50GP the group gets a lead on a possible location of the cultist's lair, a werehouse in a rundown part of the city, unsurprisingly the group finds the door close with 2 men guarding it, they are dressed normally armed with wooden clubs.

Silver Night
2013-12-03, 03:45 AM
Tithe uses ghost sound to make a sharp banging sound (as someone trying to break in a side door or window) around the corner of the warehouse away from the group.

jlmdragon
2013-12-03, 06:21 AM
one of the guards rushes around to check it out the other stays

supernerd
2013-12-03, 07:57 AM
After the guard had been running for 12 seconds, Shafire peeked around the wall, "Here goes nothing." he then fired off a bolt and quickly tucked behind the wall.

Sonic Lance

jlmdragon
2013-12-03, 08:34 AM
with a cry the man falls dead as he is blasted into the door. the other is likely to be along soon.

supernerd
2013-12-03, 09:03 AM
Shafire peaks out of the corner and prepares to attack the the guard when he returns.

Readied Action: Sonic Lance when the other guard comes back.
To Hit: [roll0]

Silver Night
2013-12-03, 11:57 AM
When the other guard returns, Tithe will fire a spell at him.

Ray of Clumsiness:

Dex penalty: [roll1]

jlmdragon
2013-12-04, 06:42 AM
the sonic special attack misses him but the spell hits, the guard begins to run at Tithe and Shafire

supernerd
2013-12-04, 08:50 AM
As the guard ran up to him, Shafire takes a step back and fires off another bolt.

Sonic Lance:

jlmdragon
2013-12-04, 09:17 AM
with a loud cry the guard falls down dead, you not have a quick chance to check out the warehouse before any city guards show up.

supernerd
2013-12-04, 10:02 AM
Shafire looks through the pockets of the guards and picks up anything valuable that he can see. He then opens the door and slips into the warehouse.

Rummage pockets/purses for a round each, only bother picking up Masterwork Equipment, money, and items that are worth at least 15gp to begin with.

Possibly Relevant Checks:
Search: [roll0]

Silver Night
2013-12-04, 12:47 PM
Tithe follows (cautiously) into the warehouse.

jlmdragon
2013-12-05, 03:34 AM
as you explore the large wooden building you eventually find the captives in cages with the bones of humans laying around near them as well as many blood stains old and new, it seems clear what has been happening.

drack
2013-12-05, 11:54 AM
Silas holds a finger to his lips as he approaches the captives, whispering the question, "Are there any more? Where are they?", all the while surveying the room.
Search [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

supernerd
2013-12-05, 04:27 PM
Shafire looks around the room, and looks to the caged people, "If there were people here, they'd likely be active in some capacity. Or at least they would have ambushed us when they had the chance. Cover your ears, people." He proceeded to blast the lock and then pulled out his liquid sunshine.

Blasting the Lock. I didn't know what skills would be best for the campaign at game start, so...
Attack: [roll0] vs AC 8(Inanimate(0 Dex), Diminutive)
Damage: [roll1] Ignores hardness.

Andion Isurand
2013-12-05, 04:36 PM
Xukhezur looks around the area as well, but stays near the door through which they entered, to warn the others in case more cultists arrive to foil their escape.Search: [roll0]
Listen: [roll2]

Silver Night
2013-12-06, 02:22 AM
"I don't like it, seems too easy. Why just leave all these people with only two guards?"