PDA

View Full Version : Good Dark Heresy Premades?

Mekboy
2013-11-20, 06:26 AM
I'm hoping to DM a game for some friends during my next term at Uni, and several people have expressed an interest in Dark Heresy. I'm quite happy with the system itself, as I've played it a fair bit. However, I have no experience as an actual DM, and I'm not too confident with being able to come up with a campaign of my own. So are there any Dark Heresy premade adventures that anyone would recommend (or any other advice for a new DM) it would be very much appreciated.

Destro_Yersul
2013-11-20, 12:14 PM
There's a few. The Haarlock Trilogy is alright, though I recommend changing the ending a bit, since as-is it's pretty lacklustre. The House of Dust and Ash, which ties into that, is great but not appropriate for rank 1 acolytes. The one in the back of the core book is decent, and I think FFG has put out a couple of web supplement adventures worth looking at. I don't use premades much, so I've not looked at many of them.

shadow_archmagi
2013-11-20, 06:36 PM
Oh man I love writing advice for a GM!

So, a few things:

1. Anything that isn't on the table is completely mutable. If you want the killer to be the last person they suspect? Just go ahead and let time pass until they've suspected everyone but one guy. Bam.

2. Never let the players believe this. If you're blatant about it, they'll feel like they aren't making an impact.

3. Also, keep in mind that it works both ways. If the players have a good idea, but your plans specifically included a coincidental reason why it wouldn't work, feel free to just let their plan succeed if they seem like they put enough effort into it.

Kaun
2013-11-21, 02:33 AM
I can recommend "Edge of Darkness". Its a free official module with a .pdf that can be downloaded. (google, edge of darkness Dark heresy pdf, it will be top. My internet is screwing with me today.)

I ran it earlier this year. Its a good introduction to DH and designed for fresh acolytes. Officially its an investigation mission but its a really easy one. There is plenty of info in the .pdf and it allows the PC's room to approach the scenario how they choose rather then being to linear.

My players enjoyed it and it took us about 2x 6hr sessions to get through it.