PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Two-Weapon Fighting

Legendcrafter
2007-01-11, 12:10 PM
Hi guys, I heard of a feat that allows you to weild two-one handed weapons with lower penalties. I don't know what that is, but I have an idea for a balanced feat that would do the same thing. If you guys would be kind enough to steer me in the right direction from my idea to the real feat, I'd appreciate it.

Heavy Two-Weapon Fighting

Prerequisites:
Dex 15, Str 13, Base Attack Bonus +3

Benefit:
Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are greatly reduced, but only when weilding certain weapons. The penaltly for your primary hand lessens by 4, and the one for your off-hand lessens by 8. This feat is only applicable when weilding two-one handed weapons. The penalties for weilding a one-handed weapon and a light weapon, and the penalties for using most double weapons, remains the same.

Normal:
When you weild a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon. When fighting this way you suffer a -6 penalty to the attack with your normal attack, and a -10 penalty to the attack with your off hand. If your off hand weapon is light the penalties are reduced by two each (an unarmed strike is always conisidered light).

Special:
A fighter may select heavy two-weapon fighting as one of his figher bonus feats.

This feat is followed by a chain of feats parallel to the standard two-weapon fighting feats that are the same in every respect to them, except that the heavy feats have slightly higher prerequuistes.

So, this is my first draft, please tell me what I need to change to get to the official feat. Thanks! :smallsmile:

Matthew
2007-01-11, 12:16 PM
Is this intended to replace Two Weapon Fighting and Oversized Two Weapon Fighting?