PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion

Kelb_Panthera
2013-11-20, 09:35 AM
I can't help but notice that more of the spam threads advertising bootleg movies have been popping up lately. I had a thought on the matter so I thought I'd suggest it to the mods, particularly rawhide since I understand he handles the site's technical details.

I notice most of these spammers post this crap as their first post and that they have a dozen or more links in them. Would it be possible, perhaps, to make it so that you have to post at least 10 times before you can post links?

I'm not really familiar with coding so this idea might be useless but I really like this community and I'd hate to see the mods get too buried in spam control to be able to continue doing such a fine job of maintaining order amongst the legitimate forumites.

Seriously, you guys are awesome and I really appreciate your work.

Rawhide
2013-11-20, 10:12 AM
It is actually not possible without code modification - and this is something we have already considered and rejected. Not only does this go against our 'everyone is equal regardless of postcount' philosophy, and encourages new people to 'spam' up their postcount to be able to post links, but it introduces a burden on legitimate users.