PDA

View Full Version : Help with a tripping build

lytokk
2013-11-20, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, workin on my unarmed swordsage, and I'm wanting ideas on how to get my trip attempts as high a bonus as possible, or at least add as much as I can to my trip attempts. Other than Improved trip, what else is there? As I said, I'm going unarmed, so weapons aren't going to be a help, but just about anything else would. Already taking the throws from Setting sun, so factor that in.

Max Caysey
2013-11-20, 01:05 PM
I dont think there is anything short of Pathfinder feats where you will find two very nice feats. Greater Trip, and Fury's Fall!

Not generel speaking... There are specific things though, but few!

Armbands of Might in MiC gives +2 to str based checks.

Red Fel
2013-11-20, 01:05 PM
What size are you?

If you regularly face opponents larger than you, you could take Pebble Underfoot (Dragon Compendium), granting you a +4 to trips, and preventing retaliatory trips if you fail. You could also take Confound the Big Folk (Races of the Wild, requires Underfoot Combat) for the tactical option which allows you, while occupying an opponent's space, to make a Str- or Dex-based trip attempt, and your opponent cannot use benefits from size in his opposed check.

Setting Sun is pretty nice for smaller fighters anyway, so it's something to consider.

lytokk
2013-11-20, 01:21 PM
Medium sized. In one of the other threads I mentioned the idea was basically controlling the battlefield by throwing opponents all around it. Its the only gimmick out of all the ones I've been thinking of for this character that I keep coming back to and thinking "I could have a lot of fun with this." The only one that comes close is the duskblade with the wand sheath who took the feat that allows him to use UMD as a skill.