PDA

View Full Version : Reporting a PM

Dragonus45
2013-11-20, 12:59 PM
Is it possible to report a PM, I'm not seeing a button for it? Should I just forward the message to a mod, and if so should what mod?

happyturtle
2013-11-20, 01:18 PM
Yes, the rules apply to PMs as well as forum posts. Forward it to any mod, along with your concerns.

ChristianSt
2013-11-20, 02:04 PM
If it is related to a certain (sub)forum I would PM a moderator of said board, if not I probably would pick Rawhide or Roland St. Jude.
If you want to be "fair" you could also just pick a mod at random :smallwink: (The list of moderators can be found in the forum rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1))

Kish
2013-11-20, 04:25 PM
Include "I give you permission to go into my inbox and confirm that I did receive this PM"; from earlier posts on this subject I believe the mods won't go into your inbox without permission or probable cause, and without doing so they can't know you didn't just write the PM yourself to frame someone else.

Roland St. Jude
2013-11-20, 04:50 PM
Yes, the rules apply to PMs as well as forum posts. Forward it to any mod, along with your concerns.

Include "I give you permission to go into my inbox and confirm that I did receive this PM"; from earlier posts on this subject I believe the mods won't go into your inbox without permission or probable cause, and without doing so they can't know you didn't just write the PM yourself to frame someone else.Both of these are good advice, though you might as well just forward it to me or Rawhide.