PDA

View Full Version : Charge, Bull Rush. With a whip?

Blackstarlsd
2013-11-20, 01:28 PM
so my bard will be using whip-dagger.
while looking thru some ToB maneuvers got me thinking, i can charge with whip right? :smalltongue: and even bull rush?

if i can charge, whip being reach weapon and all, can i charge just close enough, to the 15 feet reach distance and whip away?
and should i so decide, nothing prevents me to bull rush with a whip, right?

Kelb_Panthera
2013-11-21, 05:43 AM
A bull rush doesn't involve the character's weapon at all, necessarily, so you're in the clear there. Charging requires you to move at least 10 feet but doesn't say anything about how close to the target you have to get, so you should be fine at 15 feet away.

Crake
2013-11-21, 05:58 AM
Charging requires you to move at least 10 feet but doesn't say anything about how close to the target you have to get, so you should be fine at 15 feet away.

Actually, it says exactly how close you need to get, and that as close as is required to attack, you cant actually charge any further.

First, you must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent.

Kelb_Panthera
2013-11-21, 06:03 AM
Actually, it says exactly how close you need to get, and that as close as is required to attack, you cant actually charge any further.

Huh, missed that. Well there you go.