PDA

View Full Version : War of heaven and Hell type RPG.

D20ragon
2013-11-20, 05:51 PM
I've been trying to find a Golden Compass/war of heaven and hell type RPG. I have checked out In nomine rpg,but would prefer something more serious in setting,and maybe more medieval.
Any ideas?

MonochromeTiger
2013-11-20, 05:54 PM
I've been trying to find a Golden Compass/war of heaven and hell type RPG. I have checked out In nomine rpg,but would prefer something more serious in setting,and maybe more medieval.
Any ideas?

I'd personally suggest working on a homebrew setting, you'd be more likely to get the exact feel you want since you'd have less established characters and personalities you'd have to accommodate. it would also allow flexibility to change class and race fluff to better fit the situation.

D20ragon
2013-11-20, 06:24 PM
Hmmm. I don't have a ton of time,as I'm helping to brew a bunch of other stuff,but your probably right.

MonochromeTiger
2013-11-20, 06:35 PM
Hmmm. I don't have a ton of time,as I'm helping to brew a bunch of other stuff,but your probably right.

I could be, or I could be wrong. I'm rather hoping you get more opinions and options on the matter soon so you don't have to rely on my (rather limited) thoughts on the matter.

Grinner
2013-11-20, 08:37 PM
The best fit I can think of is Mongoose Publishing's Infernum (http://www.rpgnow.com/product/2151/Infernum---Book-of-the-Damned?src=s_pi&it=1). It's about Hell, and it's medieval. It is not exclusively about Heaven vs Hell, however. In fact, most factions are just trying to survive, though the Knights of the Harrowing get points for trying.

Edit: On the topic of homebrew, I've been trying to put together a demon-hunting-themed setting together. I'd be glad to work with you.

D20ragon
2013-11-20, 08:39 PM
Looks cool. Thanks!

Spanish_Paladin
2013-11-21, 02:19 AM
In spain we have Aquelarre, it's medieval and the antagonist are infernal forces, there Is little influence of heavenly forces though...

D20ragon
2013-11-21, 06:51 AM
Edit: On the topic of homebrew, I've been trying to put together a demon-hunting-themed setting together. I'd be glad to work with you.

Alright! Direct me to your thread,or,just hit me with some ideas!

Gabe the Bard
2013-11-22, 12:17 AM
You might look at the Pathfinder splatbooks Blood of Fiends and Blood of Angels. They might have some ideas for races, abilities, plot hooks, etc. that you could use, even if you don't use Pathfinder.