PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars SAGA: Secrets of the Jedi

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-20, 09:46 PM
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

STAR WARS
Secrets of the Jedi

It is a period of rebuilding in the Republic. After fifty years of galaxy-spanning war, the long process of healing has begun. The JEDI TEMPLE on Coruscant echoes solemnly with the memories of departed Jedi Masters and the sounds of new beginnings as the Jedi Order recovers from the devastating last gasps of the SITH EMPIRE.

To this end, the newly appointed GRAND MASTER OF THE JEDI ORDER has developed a plan to retrieve forgotten Jedi knowledge from throughout the galaxy. Sending teams of survivng Jedi veterans, newly recruited Padawan learners, and allies from throughout the Republic to distant worlds, he hopes to recover the lost secrets of the Jedi.

One such diverse group has responded to the call, gathering on Coruscant to be dispatched into the reaches of the galaxy...

The place you are gathered in would be considered a small, unremarkable office on most other planets, but on Coruscant, where space has been at a premium for several millennia now, the fact that it can comfortably fit five people, five chairs, and a mid-sized desk bumps it up to "understatedly expensive". The man behind the desk - currently with his back to you and speaking in a rather official voice to something hidden from view - is equally unremarkable without context, a plain blond human man in a plain gray robe with a slightly officious Core accent.

A few moments after everyone enters the office, the man turns around, revealing the face of a man who can't be much past his early thirties and might be much younger, if not for the tracery of scars and weather-hardening around the edges.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you, I was just working on some recordings for posterity," the man says, gesturing vaguely to the pile of crystals on the shelf behind him.

"Please, sit down," he adds, gesturing toward the four chairs on the opposite side of his desk and taking a seat himself.

"I know most of you, at least in passing, but for the sake of starting things on the right foot, my name is Mical, Master of the Order. I've brought the four of you here today because the Jedi Order has a very important mission that needs your individual expertise," he begins, not entirely unlike a university lecturer warming up to his subject. He pauses to let his interviewees get comfortably and introduce themselves.

kreenlover
2013-11-20, 10:10 PM
"Lieutenant Joss Pathr at your service sir" the man with blue eyes and military standard black hair says. He stands ramrod straight, and when he sits down does not lounge or lean back, but stays perched on the edge of the seat, posture still perfect.
"I must say that it is a pleasure to do this excellent work for the Order sir. I look forwards to doing my part in helping to rebuild both the Order and the Republic"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-20, 10:24 PM
A Togrutan woman leans up against a wall. She has red skin with some blue pattern. Her clothes are very casual, save for the rifle on her back."It would be an honor to help out the Jedi."

Blackdrop
2013-11-20, 10:35 PM
Dailynn silently bows before the Grandmaster. He had met the Master Jedi in passing before in the temple, but had never interacted in any major way. Though honored that he was chosen by the Council, Dailynn hopes that the assignment the Master has in mind will be a more active one then he had been previously given.

Worgwood
2013-11-20, 10:52 PM
Bythis enters the office last, looking very out of place with his face painted and his expression awed. The Togruta looks around the room quietly before choosing a seat, reversing it, and sitting down with his arms resting on the chair's back.

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-21, 11:37 AM
"I'm glad to have such an enthusiastic response," Mical says with a disarming smile, mostly directed to the two probably-intimidated Padawans. "Now--"

A small device on Mical's desk chimes, and he presses a button in response, opening a small holocom on the desk's surface. Standing in a 1/16th-scale holoprojection is a male Chagrian, also dressed in robes of the Jedi, and not immediately recognizable to anyone in monochrome.

"Ah, Master Orask, how nice of you to join us," Mical says pleasantly.

The projected Jedi bows deeply, conveniently concealing his expression. "My apologies. I was delayed by pressing business." He straightens up and turns. "These are the ones you've selected for the Empress Teta mission? Are those mercenaries? This really should be kept within the Order, Grandmaster..."

"'The Order' is a bit busy, Master Orask, as I'm sure you've noticed," Mical replies. "Lieutenant Pathr and Miss Keelt come extensively recommended, and Bythis and Dailynn are two of our most promising Padawans."

"And two of the oldest," Orask notes with unconcealed irritation.

"Do I have your leave to continue the briefing, Master Orask, or would you like to continue this conversation in private now?" Mical asks, remaining as polite as a human can ever sound.

The Chagrian bows his head and is silent for the moment.

"As was alluded to earlier," Mical continues, ignoring Orask, "I've brought you here today because the Jedi Order needs people of your skills to perform a task for us on the planet Empress Teta. The capital city of that planet is the ancestral home of the Hyperspace Navigator's Guild, and the Order is in need of a great deal of astrogation data. Normally, we keep even better records than the Guild does, but the previous keeper of the Jedi Archives was..."

"I believe your old Master referred to her as 'absolutely Mynock-crap insane' at least once, Master Mical," Orask adds helpfully.

"To be fair, they had a bit of history..."

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-21, 04:25 PM
"That doesn't seem like something you would send a bounty hunter on."

kreenlover
2013-11-21, 05:03 PM
"To be fair Master Orask I am not a bounty hunter, but a currently unemployed member of the Republic military forces. My brother can vouch for me, if you can find him.
"As for the mission are there any further details? We will need transport of some kind, and details as to which astrogation charts are required. I am not averse to taking a public transport to save credits" he leans back for a moment, face pensive.
"I have heard odd things about both the Empress Teta system and the Hyperspace Navigator's Guild. Do you forsee any problems dealing with them?"

Worgwood
2013-11-21, 05:06 PM
Bythis offers Alenka a shrug. "Hyperspace charts are valuable, right? I doubt the Masters are the only ones interested in this data."

Blackdrop
2013-11-21, 05:46 PM
"I agree, Bythis. If the data is this important, then it is imperative that it be retrieved."

Dailynn, however, had his doubts and was in agreement with Master Orask. Why would the Grandmaster not be sending proper Jedi Knights, or if the there were none available as he said, why not contact the Republic and have them retrieve the charts? Dailynn suspected that more was going on, but it was not his place to question the Master Mical's judgement, nor was this the venue.

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-21, 10:51 PM
Mical holds up a hand. "You are correct in saying this isn't really a typical Jedi mission, but there's a few complications. First is that the Navigator's Guild won't just send us the information over the Holonet. Too easy to slice, according to them, and I'd tend to agree. Second is that while we've negotiated a price, I'd like to send a large enough group to show that we're serious about the purchase and don't want to haggle."

He drums his fingers on the desk for a moment, and Orask takes up in his place. "Third is that fifty years ago, Empress Teta was the headquarters of a Dark Side cult called the Krath. The galaxy's practically forgotten about them after Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma used their resources to become the Brotherhood of the Sith, but even after they were defeated, there's still quite a few of them running quietly around the Empress Teta system."

"Hence sending a well-armed but still unobtrusive group," Mical concludes. "All of you are capable of dealing with a variety of problems, but not so obvious that people will come crawling out of the woodwork to interfere with what you're doing."

Blackdrop
2013-11-21, 11:32 PM
"Understood Masters. When are we set to depart?"

Worgwood
2013-11-22, 12:38 AM
"Soon, I hope. This planet is too cluttered."

kreenlover
2013-11-22, 10:31 AM
Joss nods.
"I understand. If we encounter any Krath should we pursue them to their base of operations, of does the mission to retrieve the data come first?"

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-23, 09:46 AM
Mical shakes his head, and Orask chimes in again. "Your mission is to retrieve the astrogation data from the Guild. Report any Krath activity to the Republic garrison in Cinnagar, but don't get sidetracked pursuing them."

"I think I can take it from here, Master Orask," Mical says. "You can go back to what you were doing."

The Chagrian holo bows again, then cuts out without further commentary.

"You'll each be given an advance of 200 credits for any incidentals," Mical says, pushing four credit sticks across his desk. "That's a 10% deposit for Lieutenant Pathr and Miss Keelt. Bythis and Dailynn, you can expect commensurate rewards for performing a mission without the aid of your Masters."

He looks specifically at Bythis when he says this, indicating he's probably got something in mind. Either way, this is a big step for most Padawans, and probably counts as an unofficial Trial on the way to Jedi Knighthood.

"You're all free to go at your leisure. Unfortunately, I can't provide a starship, but there are regular passenger and cargo runs between Coruscant and Empress Teta, so you shouldn't have any difficulties beyond bored customs agents getting there."

Mical stands and bows to dismiss everyone, then - apparently as an afterthought - he adds one more thing. "Oh, and as long as you're on Empress Teta, if you happen to hear anything about a Jedi Master named Odan-Urr, I'd appreciate you following up. He's an ancient Jedi famous for founding the Library of Ossus, but he spent a good amount of time on Empress Teta as well. His history is a bit of a hobby of mine, and I'd appreciate any information about his younger years."

With that, you're all dismissed.

The Jedi Temple beyong Mical's office is an open, vaulted sort of place, a relic of an architectural style mostly long-abandoned on Coruscant. Light-hued stone pillars and monuments accent the large halls and rooms where small groups of Jedi go about their business with a polite sort of reserve. The building feels almost empty in some respects; it was built at the height of the Jedi Order's power and numbers, and a great portion of the Order was lost in recent conflicts with the Mandalorians or Darth Revan's Sith Empire. That's probably why the Jedi milling about are such a motley group of old Masters lucky enough to survive this long and fresh Padawans; anyone in the prime of Jedi Knighthood is probably out in the galaxy working to restore the Order.

At any rate, the group has their mission. The two Jedi may or may not want to check in with their Masters, anyone might take the chance to head upstairs in the Temple to get additional information from the Jedi Archives, and of course there's still transportation to be arranged; information on that can be found from any public holoterminal on Coruscant.

Anyone who wants to make Knowledge (Galactic Lore) checks on Empress Teta, the Navigators' Guild, the Krath, or any of the Jedi whom you've heard discussed can do so. If you ICly head to the Jedi Archives conveniently located in this building, you can make the check as if you were trained, including the +5 modifier.

Finding transportation to Empress Teta is a DC 10 Gather Information check so don't even worry about rolling.

Anything else you want to do, research, or purchase, you're in the middle of the biggest city in the Galaxy, so I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

kreenlover
2013-11-23, 10:23 AM
Joss stands erect in the center of the room, hands clasped at the small of his back.
"The first thing that we should do for this mission is establish who is to be in charge, who will make tactical decisions, and who will be the one who makes our reports to the Jedi Council. I personally would nominate myself or one of the Padawan learners. No offense to you... Miss Keelt?" he nods to the Togrutan female "But I am the only one, to my knowledge, to have command experience, and the two Padawans are obvious choices as we are on an Order Sanctioned mission" he looks around at everyone, and nods before continuing.
"After we have decided that I intend to go to the Jedi Archives and learn as much about the system and the Krath as I can. Any of you are welcome to join me. I am then going to arrange transport for the four of us. I would like a witness to this so that I can have someone to back me up when I submit our necessary expenses bill to the Jedi Order"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-23, 11:01 AM
Alenka replies "It would be best for a Lt. to take the leadership role since you already know about tactics. By the way, the name is Alenka, though some people call me 'Quickfeet.' Pleasure to meet you."

kreenlover
2013-11-23, 11:14 AM
"It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Alenka" he extends a hand to shake "And I thank you for your supporting myself for the role of leader. If you fo not mind my asking, what do you intend to do next?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-23, 01:48 PM
Alenka shakes hands and smiles. "Likewise, Lieutenant. While you are searching the Archives, I'll ask around in the local cantina about the same things."

Worgwood
2013-11-23, 02:49 PM
"Why are we talking about tactics and leaders? We're travelling as representatives of the order, not as soldiers." Bythis shrugs. Those who listen closely might notice that his voice is mildly accented; Basic is not his first language. "Personally, I want to know Empress Teta's history in the war; it will inform the people's attitude towards the Republic. And I imagine Dailynn and I should check in with our instructors as well."

kreenlover
2013-11-23, 02:54 PM
"A sound plan; the older Jedi may know more of this system and the Krath. Please, ask about those topics for us. As for tactics and leaders, well, you know what they say about plans. We still need someone to make decisions even if there is to be no combat.
"But, we are going to go to a planet where there are Sith remnants effectively. And we have two Jedi Apprentices with us. Sith or Dark Siders will leap at the chance to turn the two of you, and will likely get in our way anyways.
"But you may be right, and there may be no need for leadership. However, it will get us used to operating under a leader for those situations where we do need to have a leader filling a role"

Worgwood
2013-11-23, 03:09 PM
Bythis eyes off Joss for a moment, and then nods. "I suppose you're more experienced than I am. Fair warning, in times of danger I'm prone to improvisation." He extends his hand, mimicking the courtesy the man showed Alenka earlier. "Bythis."

kreenlover
2013-11-23, 04:14 PM
Joss takes his hand.
"I guess that we haven't been properly introduced after all. I am Lieutenant Joss Pathr, at your service. And as for your improvisation I am very open to changing plans"

Blackdrop
2013-11-23, 07:24 PM
Though Dailynn thought it was a bit presumptive for a Republic officer to claim leadership on what was a Jedi task, he didn't care too much. The chance to finally get out of the Temple and do something was appealing and he didn't quite care how it happened.

"You three do what you think is necessary. Lieutenant, contact me when you have procured our transport. I'll rendezvous with you at the spaceport. Until then, Bythis, always a pleasure to see you. Gentlemen."

And with that, Dailynn exits the room, wishing to meet discuss with his Master the events of the meeting.

kreenlover
2013-11-23, 10:31 PM
Joss frowns
"He didn't give us his comlink frequency...
"Speaking of which, we should all coordinate that" he pulls a small bead from his pocket, tunes it to the right frequency, and inserts it in his ear.
"If you have need of me, feel free to call. Now, I am sure that you will wish to go about your business. I have some research to do, and then a transport to find. If there is nothing else you wish to discuss...?"
Joss nods to the Miss Alenka and Padawan Bythis before turning and walking off for the lifts to the Archives.
Knowledge: Galactic Lore
[roll0]
Should I spend a force point on this do you think?

Gather information (to find a good (and hopefully fast and cheap) transportation. I know what they say about 'choose two' but a guy can hope right?
[roll1]

Worgwood
2013-11-23, 11:25 PM
"It's alright. I have it," Bythis responds to the concern over Dailynn's comlink frequency, and quickly transmits it across.

He turns to Alenka and nods. Genuinely pleased to see another Togruta after his time spent away from home, Bythis bows his head and addresses her in Togruti. "I look forward to working with you," he says.

Then, he leaves, following after Joss. But rather than follow him to the Archives he turns towards the meditation garden, where he hopes to find his master.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-24, 12:06 AM
"Likewise." she says in Togruti. Alenka heads out to the local cantina to gather information on the Krath or the Empress Teta system

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-25, 10:47 AM
Joss

When Joss arrives at the Jedi Archives, he finds the vaulted room in somewhat of disarray. Several Jedi within the room notice his appearance, but motion to him to wait a few moments - they're clearly working on something involving a lot of crystals and electronics on the other side of the room.

However, while he's waiting, a holographic display opens up near Joss and the figure of an aged Arkanian Jedi Master appears in the air. "Greetings again, Padawan P--" the holographic image freezes, seeming to reconsider for a second. "Apologies, but I mistook you for someone else."

The holographic Jedi looks across the room at the activity going on in the corner. "It seems like the Archive staff is still in the process of integrating us. Well, in the meantime, I am Jedi Master Arca Jeth. Can I be of assistance?"

It seems that Joss was mistaken for his brother by one of the Archive's holocrons, and one that is particularly knowledgable about the Krath and the Empress Teta System at that. When asked about those two subjects, Master Arca's holocron goes into a long and detailed recounting of the relevant history, made slightly creepy by his mention of his own death in the middle of it. The relevant information can be summarized as follows:

The Empress Teta System

The planet and the system Empress Teta were once known as Koros Major and the Koros System, respectively. Over a thousand years ago, the system was unified by the eponymous Empress Teta after a long unification war, becoming one of the most powerful members of the Republic and a beacon of civilization within the Deep Core. Because space around Empress Teta is so difficult to navigate, and its carbonite resources were so important in the development of sleeper ships used for the galaxy's early colonization, its capital of Cinnagar is also the ancestral home of the Hyperspace Navigator's Guild.

Empress Teta - the ruler herself and the system she controlled - was at the forefront of the Great Hyperspace War a thousand years ago. The Empress herself was one of the few Republic political figures who heeded the warnings of the Jedi and prepared for that war, and personally led the counterattack that eventually wiped out the Ancient Sith civilization to the last being. (It should be noted that Empress Teta was an effective, but rather merciless, military leader).

The system thrived for a thousand years until its success eventually led to corruption among its nobility, some of whom turned to lessons in the Dark Side from Sith technology left behind during the Great Hyperspace War.

The Krath

The Krath were an insidious and powerful cult of the Dark Side that came to power in the Empress Teta system around fifty years ago. In name they were led by the system's crown prince Satal Keto and his cousin Aleema Keto, but in practice both were heavily influenced by the spirit of an ancient Dark Jedi named Freedon Nadd (Master Arca interjects here that that man cause a surprisingly wide variety of problems for a dead person). Satal and Aleema staged a coup of the system on behalf of their cult and turned it into a Dark Side dictatorship before declaring war on the Republic and effectively beginning the Great Sith War.

Their first move was a highly successful attack on a Jedi Conclave at Deneba, which among other things killed Master Arca and began his student Ulic Qel-Droma on the path to the Dark Side. Ulic eventually infiltrated the Krath, turned to the Dark Side, and became their leader, allying with another fallen Jedi named Exar Kun to become the Brotherhood of the Sith. The Krath - what was left of them when Ulic's coup was done - formed the bulk of the Brotherhood's military forces in their war against the Republic and the Jedi, including fanatical cultists and powerful War Droids.

The Brotherhood of the Sith was eventually defeated and the Krath - leaderless without Ulic or the Ketos - scattered and fell apart as the Republic reimposed order on the Empress Teta system. The cultists are all dead or re-assimilated into society, but their temples still stand as bastions of Dark Side energy over their conquests, and it's almost a certainty that their lethal War Droids are still operational in some bunker somewhere, and still specifically programmed to kill Jedi. Master Arca recommends ion weaponry, or a Jedi who knows his technique for ionizing machines, in addition to extreme caution.

"Excuse me sir, Master Arca," one of the Jedi techs finally says when the Master is done giving his history lesson. "We're ready to integrate you now."

"Good, good. Try not to mess up my visual data this time, would you?" the hologram observes. "I wouldn't even know what to do with ten fingers..."

Alenka

Perhaps surprisingly, there are several cantinas in easy walking distance of the Jedi Temple, particularly in the newer buildings that have grown up around it since it was built. Empress Teta isn't the most common subject of gossip, but it's easy to find out that there are both official and unofficial cargo routes in and out of the system, given that it's garrisoned by the Republic and their taxes and quotas for carbonite exports are rather punitive. Asking around the spaceport will most likely get you either cheap, slow, legal transportation or a fast and rather expensive ride with a carbonite smuggler.

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-26, 09:49 PM
Bythis

Bythis's assigned Master for the brief period he's been with the Order is rather unusual. For one thing, she hardly ever leaves the Temple's rooftop gardens, unless it's to go research flora on other planets. For another, she'd never trained a Padawan before, let alone an adult who'd only been a part of the Order for a matter of months, and it's fairly obvious to both Bythis and Aralish'ara that the assignment was probably meant to introduce Bythis to the Order's calmer ways and possibly get Arali out in some fresh, non-greenhouse air on occasion.

The Twi'lek Jedi grinned and waved to Bythis when he inevitably found her gardening practicing a moving meditation that just happened to involve a lot of watering and humming to plants. "If you haven't gone to your meeting with Master Mical already, you're very late," she reminds him brightly. "If you have, he was a lot less long-winded than usual."

Dailynn

Dailynn finds Master Toth in his own small quarters deep in the temple. The Bothan's fur ruffles in a pleased fashion and he smiles slightly as his pupil enters. He closes whatever it was he was researching and stands to greet Dailynn.

"I hear you have a mission," Toth states without preamble. "One of Mical's treasure hunts, if I'm not mistaken. That should be...educational, if nothing else."

Worgwood
2013-11-26, 10:52 PM
Bythis grins right on back when he sees Aralish'ara, and he quickly moves to join her 'moving meditation'. "Hello, master. The grandmaster was prompt. I was prepared for a lecture." He pauses a moment, and then carries on talking. "He had a mission for Dailynn and I - away from Coruscant."

Blackdrop
2013-11-27, 01:53 PM
"Truth be told, and if you'll pardon some insolence Master, I wouldn't care if the Council sent me to oversee an excavation of some forgotten asteroid, anything to get off world and do something. The fact that they haven't let me off world for-"

Dailynn stopped and inhaled. "There is no emotion, there is peace.", he thought to himself as he exhaled. Dailynn's frustration with the Council and their refusal to allow him offworld was one of the few points of contention between him and Master Toth.

"I'm sorry Master." He stood quietly for a moment, before changing the subject.

"It isn't a treasure hunt, not exactly anyway. We're, that is to say, Bythis, a Republic lieutenant, a mercenary, and myself, are being dispatched to the Empress Teta system, to retrieve some astrogation data from the Hyperspace Navigator's Guild. He also said to keep an ear out for any information concerning relics of Jedi Master Odan-Urr. Master Mical also mentioned something about a Dark Side cult, called the Krath. Did you have any dealing with them during your time as a Jedi Shadow?"

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-27, 10:29 PM
Bythis

Arali smiles at her Padawan's prompt help, and nods at his report. "I'd heard. Master Mical is very good at keeping people informed, when he wants to."

She contemplates a bush full of flowers and the way Coruscant's reflected light is feeding them for a moment. "I think searching for knowledge is a good mission for you. You're a hunter by nature, wouldn't you say? Hunting for knowledge is perhaps the most Jedi-like application of that skill."

Dailynn

Toth's fur goes a bit flat as Dailynn starts on a rant, but he tries not to admonish him. "I understand the painful memories this world holds for you," he says instead, "but be careful in how you deal with those memories."

Well, he tried.

"Call me paranoid - because I am - but I think Mical may have misled you a bit about the focus of this expedition. Odan-Urr was one of the Order's greatest historians and collectors of knowledge, and that's been the Grandmaster's focus for his entire tenure so far," he explains. "As for the Krath...I've fought a few of their remnants, but the cult itself is a little before my time. They made use of a lot of Ancient Sith artifacts...a bit like what Mical's trying to do now, in fact, just with the Dark Side."

He harrumphs at the memory of ugly past battles. "They weren't much of fighters individually, but their technology held up surprisingly well considering it was about half pre-blaster. Be especially aware of any objects that you can sense as tainted with the Dark Side. And whatever you do, if you find a pyramidal holocron promising unlimited knowledge, do us all a favor and put your lightsaber through it, no matter what your mission is. Nothing good ever came from leaving Sith learning lying around."

Worgwood
2013-11-27, 10:50 PM
"Tracking across the galactic scale might take some learning, though."

He smiles at his little joke, though it quickly fades into a frown. Then, as he sets about pruning a particularly troublesome-looking plant, he voices his concerns to his master.

"Ara - um, master - I'm grateful that the Order so easily accepted me and I'm grateful for the things you've taught me, but... am I ready? I don't even have a lightsaber. What if I make a mistake? What if I do something a Jedi shouldn't?"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-27, 11:00 PM
Alenka pulls out her comlink "Lt., I discovered that there are both official and unofficial cargo routes to the system. We could either find a cheap and legal transportation, albeit slow or a fast, yet rather expensive route with a carbonite smuggler."

kreenlover
2013-11-28, 11:15 AM
Joss presses a finger to his earbud as he marches through the Corsucant streets back to the JSOU HQ.
"Miss Alenka; I am glad to hear that you had more success finding transportation than I did. I'd prefer to stay on the legal side of things as that way we won't have to risk being delayed by customs or other government agents.
"However we should see what the Jedi think first, and if we will be reimbursed the travel expenses. Which option do you think is better?"
He pauses to remove his key and let himself into the apartment building that also serves as the JSOU HQ. He waves to Davram as he moves into his room to pack his gear.
"I have to check in with a few of my associates, let them know where we are going in case anything goes awry and put my affairs in order, and then I'll come meet you at the spaceport.
"Anything else?"
He carefully places his two changes of civilian clothes and his army uniform into a carryall, straps his macrobinocs onto his belt along with his datapad. He takes one last look around his small and tidy bedroom before stepping back out into the chaos of the living room/lab. Seeing Davram has disappeared he turns down the input volume on his comlink.
"One moment Miss Alenka.
"Davram? Where are you?"

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-28, 09:37 PM
Bythis

Arali doesn't answer immediately, or even after a few seconds, contemplating Bythis's question. "I'm not really much of a teacher," she admits, "so I can't confidently spell out an answer."

"However," she continues, "I think the Jedi Order has lost a great deal by worrying about what a Jedi should and shouldn't do when really, it should be obvious."

After careful consideration, she takes a small stick and uses it to support a young flower that had been drooping, rather than clipping it. "The Galaxy has a natural balance, and our instincts and our conscience point us toward it. We just have to listen to the world around us instead of our own wants, yes?"

She looks at the delicate plant and nods, satisfied. "And don't worry about your lightsaber. It's only a small part of being a Jedi. Some of us only use it to clear paths in jungles...or perhaps that's just me."

Joss

"Hello!"

Surprisingly, or perhaps not, Davram's head pops out from a ceiling panel, hanging upside-down into the apartment living room. He grins, which is slightly unsettling on an upside-down Zabrak face with a chipped horn, and says "Sorry, I was up here trying something with the environmental system. It is shockingly out of date."

In an agile but confused flurry of labcoat and limbs, Davram climbs down the stepladder he apparently used to get up to the ceiling in the first place, still smiling. "How'd your meeting go? How was the Temple? Did you talk to the whole Council or just one of the Masters? Oh, and Natalie went out to pick up lunch. She should be back in about ten minutes if she decides to get flangth or fifteen if she decides to get something good. I hope she doesn't get flangth. It's her one real character flaw, you know?"

Alenka

"Hey, say 'carbonite smuggler' a little louder, why don't you?" calls a cantina patron whose species you don't quite recognize. His (?) expression, even on a long, equine face, definitely registers annoyance, though, as does the gesticulations he's making with his prehensile feet and the drink grasped therein.

For the record, he's a Dug, but they're obscure enough in this era you'd need to be trained in Life Sciences to know that.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-11-28, 10:27 PM
Alenka rolls her eyes. Oh, come on. If I just recently overheard about them here, it is obviously not a well kept secret. So get back to doing whatever you were. You really don't want to take on a bounty hunter, would you?"

[roll[1d20+8[/roll] persuasion

Nerd-o-rama
2013-11-28, 10:43 PM
The beaded alien grits his teeth, but backs down and goes back to his drink. As do several other people who looked like they might have objected to being outed as smugglers when the phrase "bounty hunter" is dropped.

Worgwood
2013-11-28, 10:59 PM
Bythis nods slowly as he gardens, acknowledging Arali's wisdom.

"Trust my instincts, follow my conscience... I can do that. Thank you." He straightens up, leaving the rest of the gardenwork to his master, and directs the dialogue away from his doubts. "I guess Master Mical's already given you the details of our mission, so I won't keep you distracted. If there's nothing else, master, I should go prepare for the hunt. Um, so to speak."

Blackdrop
2013-11-29, 05:01 AM
Dailynn stands quietly, thinking on Master Toth's advice. Though he doubted they would encounter the Krath on this mission (what could they possibly want with astrogation data?), Dailynn intended to heed his Master's warnings and destroy any Sith Artifacts he should happen to find.

"Well, there's nothing to it. I should be off, wouldn't want my traveling companions to be late on my account."

He bows before his Master, then turns and head out into the hallway. He retrieves his communicator from his belt, intending to hail Lieutenant Panthir. Dailynn stands for several moments with his comlink to his mouth, slowly realizing that he not only forgot to provide the Lieutenant with his com frequency, he failed to learn the Lieutenant's.

"This mission is off to a rousing start Dailynn, well done.", he muses to himself. However, the solution quickly presents itself: "Bythis. He would have likely provided the Lieutenant his comlink frequency. I hope."

Dailynn fiddles with his comlink, adjusting it to his fellow Padawan's frequency.

"Bythis? Bythis, this is Dailynn, do you read me?"

kreenlover
2013-11-29, 04:22 PM
Joss has to smile at his friend's odd exuberance.
"The meeting went fine Davram. I met with Mical, the Grand Master, and another Master named Orask. We're heading out to the Empress Teta system to get some data for the Order.
"The Temple was very impressive. It was beautiful. I only saw the entry hall, a couple of turbolifts and hallways, the office where we met Master Mical and the Archives. I think you would have liked the Archives; they were doing something technical. I'm actually assigned to go on this mission with two Padawans; maybe when we get back I can introduce you guys, we can go out for drinks together or something.
"Anyways I need to be heading out now. Say goodbye to Natalie for me will you? When I get back I'll tell her all about the Krath, some Dark Side cult that we might run into. And don't electrocute yourself while I'm gone"
Joss clasps Davram's arm and pats him on the back.
"See you in a couple Davram. Keep the place up to date for me will you?"

Worgwood
2013-12-01, 07:15 PM
Bythis says his farewells to Arali and then makes his way to his quarters. The temple seems eerily quiet as he marches down its vaulted halls, but the silence is pierced by the buzz of his wrist comm.

"Bythis? Bythis, this is Dailynn, do you read me?"

The Togruta pauses for a second, and then switches on the comm input. "Bythis here. What do you need?"

kreenlover
2013-12-01, 07:33 PM
Joss waves Davram off for a moment and re-activates his comlink.
"Miss Alenka? Are you there? I apologize for the delay. I was saying goodbye to my friend"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-12-01, 07:57 PM
"Still here and I agree with your decision on taking to legal route."

kreenlover
2013-12-01, 08:12 PM
"Excellent. Where and when shall we meet? We should try and catch the earliest departing vessel"

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-12-01, 08:46 PM
"Head to closest starport when the others are ready."

Blackdrop
2013-12-02, 11:54 AM
""Ah, excellent. It occurs to me that I failed to acquire the comlink frequencies of our traveling companions, and that I did not provide them with mine. Have either Lt. Pathr or Miss...Alenka contacted you?"

Worgwood
2013-12-02, 07:17 PM
Even if Dailynn can't see Bythis' grin, he can probably hear it.

"Dailynn! So forgetful," he teases. "Don't worry, I gave and got the contact information for our allies. I was just on my way to collect my things before I messaged them, but I can connect us to their frequency now, if you like."

Blackdrop
2013-12-02, 08:45 PM
"Ah, that would be excellent! Once you have collected your things we should rendezvous at the temple entrance and catch a speeder to the starport."

Worgwood
2013-12-02, 08:59 PM
"I'll meet you at the entrance in a few minutes, then." Bythis adjusts his comlink's range to include Joss and Alenka. "Lieutenant? Miss bounty hunter? My comrade and I will be on our way to the starport soon. Are you ready?"

Assuming no distractions, Bythis will collect his bow and cloak, and then go to meet Dailynn.

kreenlover
2013-12-02, 09:06 PM
"Hello Padawan Bythis. It is a pleasure to hear that you are ready. Miss Alenka has found transport for us. We are meeting at the spaceport as soon as we are all ready. The two of us decided on a slower more legal route; is that ok by the two of you or would you rather take the faster route offered by a carbonite smuggler?"
Joss waves goodbye to Davram, grabs his bag, and heads out the door.

Worgwood
2013-12-02, 09:39 PM
"Um... it might not look so good if we show up on official Republic business aboard a smuggling ship. Let's play it safe."

Nerd-o-rama
2013-12-03, 12:19 PM
The nearest spaceport to the Jedi Temple lies is a short trip by pubtrans or brisk walking upward and eastward, a gleaming new structure built at around the same time as the new Republic Senate tower lying on the far side of it and serving the greater Senate District. Though constructed relatively recently and with the latest advances in architecture, it's still the same sprawling mess of hangars, pads, spacer cantinas, storage facilities, and terminals as any other spaceport in the developed galaxy, filled with crowds of all species and most kinds of droids all bustling about in the kind of endless throng you find only on city-planets.

With everyone in communication and heading the same way, it's not difficult to meet up near the spaceport's main entrance, nor to find a terminal with extremely detailed departure times for scheduled transportation to Empress Teta. The next flight out is a privately-owned bulk transport that takes passengers, but mostly freight in between the two developed worlds.

It's departing from a fairly remote terminal, though, and it will take some doing to find it in the mess that is one of the busiest spaceports in the galaxy...at the very least, you're going to need to find a shortcut.

If everyone could make me a Perception check while they make their way to the ship, I'd appreciate it.

Nerd-o-rama
2013-12-04, 10:39 PM
Alenka, both a Coruscant native and familiar with the less public parts of spaceports from her line of work, easily navigates a way through the less busy parts of the facility that will get everyone to the departing ship on time.

She also, again thanks to either her line of work or her Togruta instincts, can't help but notice the group is being followed by more than one person. Normally, you expect that sort of thing to happen on Coruscant, but the path through the back areas of the spaceport isn't a frequently used one, and it's more than probable that there are any number of secluded spaces for an ambush, if someone decided to do so.

MichaelGoldclaw
2013-12-05, 04:16 PM
Alenka notices the group following her. She quietly says to Lt. and Jedi "We're being followed."

kreenlover
2013-12-05, 04:27 PM
Joss nods
"Nobody look around. This type of area, anywhere lesser used in a spaceport is a prime area for ambush. I myself have set several ambushes in similar areas to this... when I was with the army"
Joss' words trail off for a moment and it seems that he might not be telling the whole truth.
Then his eyes snap back into focus and, unsnapping the clasp, surreptitiously draws his blaster from it's holster.
"As I was saying I would not be surprised if they mean us harm. They will likely try to trap us, or herd us somewhere. If we can find some cover, or a corner to hide around we should try and spring a trap on them instead"

OOC: Readying an action to fire at anyone who attacks us

Blackdrop
2013-12-05, 05:31 PM
"We should find a blind corner to get around and you and Miss Alenka should get into cover. Bythis and I may be able to...convince them to surrender without any bloodshed."

kreenlover
2013-12-05, 06:02 PM
"If however you should fail in your convincing stay close to us so that we can cover you"
Joss looks around for a nearby alleyway or corner.
[roll0]

Worgwood
2013-12-05, 08:47 PM
"This plan should work well. Find a blind corner and cover Dailynn. I will circle around behind to execute a flanking maneuver. Agreed?"

Blackdrop
2013-12-05, 09:13 PM
"If you think it is necessary, though I would prefer it if you remained close to assist me in getting them to surrender."

Worgwood
2013-12-05, 10:39 PM
Bythis rubs his chin, speaking quietly. "It never hurts to have the element of surprise on your side... or to know what you're dealing with before you deal with it. Besides, I'm not much of a negotiator."

He flips up his hood and looks around for a spot he can use to surreptitiously double back behind the group's tail.

Stealth check
[roll0]
I have the Togruta trait Sneaky so I can reroll this if I need to, but I'm hoping that a +14 Stealth check will be one of those things I won't need to reroll.

kreenlover
2013-12-06, 10:33 AM
"May the Force be with you Padawan Bythis. As for the rest of us, let us find that blind corner. Miss Alenka I want you take one side of the alley and myself the other. We shall have to find some cover to hide behind. As Padawan Dailynn stands in the middle and tries to convince them we can set up a flanking fire if the negotiations should fail.
"In the event of that I will work to direct the both of your attacks. Padawan Bythis will be too far away to communicate and coordinate effectively with, especially if I cannot see him. However, do not wait for my signal to attack. If either of you senses that negotiations are failing do not hesitate to attack.
"Should set our weapons for stun?"

Nerd-o-rama
2013-12-07, 10:13 AM
After Bythis sneaks off and everyone else finds a suitable point to wait, the pursuing footsteps get louder and more distinct until five figures emerge from around the corner. Two human thugs with belted vibroblades and a pair of what appear to be stripped-down astromech droids with blasters attached follow the strange alien that Alenka immediately recognizes from the cantina earlier, who's brandishing a heavy blaster pistol in both feet.

They clearly look surprised to see three people waiting and ready for them as they come around the corner (well, the droids don't, but you know what I mean), but their leader rallies quickly and levels his pistol, trying to cover Joss, Dailynn, and Alenka all at once. "Alright, bounty hunter," he says in his harsh accent. "That's enough of whatever it is you're doing here."

His gun waves over to Joss briefly. "This must be your Republic contact. I mean no disrespect, officer, but I have to look after my business. Why don't you and your friend just let me and my friends have a chat with this merc scum, and I'll make it worth your while."

His crew - or possibly hired goons - take an intimidating stance. None of them seem aware of Bythis hiding behind the boxes behind them.

Okay pretend this has columns labeled A-T and rows labeled 1-20. Dark gray squares are 30' high walls or 10' high boxes.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/al0013/Star%20Wars%20RPG/01-00_zpsde838cdd.png
Sm is the Dug Smuggler, 1 and 2 are human thugs, 3 and 4 are modified astromech droids. You guys are your characters' initials.

Bythis can take a surprise round if he wants; everyone else should roll initiative if you attack or use a force power.

Worgwood
2013-12-07, 10:50 AM
Bythis, for now, waits to see how this plays out; better to give Dailynn his chance. He readies his bow and draws an arrow, making ready to fire only if he is provoked or his allies attacked.

kreenlover
2013-12-07, 05:20 PM
"I do apologize but unless your business is entirely friendly in nature we may have to decline. I need the 'merc scum' alive and well for this venture. If you like I can provide you my contact information and we can reconvene this session once we return from our trip. Does that sound amenable?
"If that is not amenable I sugges that we set our weapons to stun so that any conflict that does break out is nonlethal"
Joss readjusts his blaster to aim at the smuggler, and switches to stun.

Persuasion
[roll0]

Blackdrop
2013-12-07, 06:28 PM
Dailynn shoots a look at the Lieutenant and gestures, subtly, for him to lower his blaster.

"Guns aren't exactly friendly, Lieutenant."

He turns his attention back to the strange alien.

"As for you chaps, I'm sure Miss Alenka meant no disrespect, but I can not allow you to delay us any further then you already have. With that in mind, I present you with two choices: You either continue to interfere in our business and my companions and I will be forced to kill or apprehend you", as he says this he retrieves his lightsaber from his belt, but does not yet ignite it, "or, surrender your weapons to us and go about your business."

Dailynn waves his hand in the distinctive fashion of the Jedi Mind Trick.

[roll0] for suggestion use of the Mind Trick power, which is the italicized text.

Nerd-o-rama
2014-01-13, 10:07 AM
The smuggler looks quizzically at Dailynn, ignoring Joss for the moment as the suggestion takes hold in his mind. "I should really get back to business," he says, depositing his blaster on the ground and motioning the confused thugs to follow him. "Chasing bounty hunters is backwards anyway."

The thugs shrug and follow their boss, as do the droids.

There's a bog-standard Heavy Blaster Pistol and one full power pack on the ground if anyone wants it.

kreenlover
2014-01-13, 04:00 PM
As the smugglers walk away Joss holsters his pistol and walks over to pick up the smuggler's pistol.
"There is no reason to leave this here where anyone can find it. And it is always useful for the team to have an extra. Now then, if we could get on to our destination before the transport leaves that would be excellent. Lead on Miss Alenka"
He activates his comlink and speaks quietly.
"Bythis, perhaps you should follow a ways behind us to deter, or help us avoid, any further encounters like this one. Or do you think it is better to keep the group together for the moment?"

Blackdrop
2014-01-14, 02:18 AM
Dailynn returns his lightsaber to his belt, relieved that the situation was solved without bloodshed.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-01-14, 07:32 AM
The bounty hunter puts her pistol back into her hilt and continues moving.

Worgwood
2014-01-15, 04:47 AM
Bythis returns his drawn arrow to its quiver and slings his bow across his shoulder. When Joss addresses him, he answers with a nod.

"I think we're in the clear, but I'll lag behind a bit to make sure."

Nerd-o-rama
2014-01-15, 11:09 AM
The trek through the spaceport is longish, somewhat confusing, and definitely filled with sidelong glances from astromech droids puttering about on errands, but between Alenka's sense of direction and the Force, the group makes it to the docking bay in plenty of time.

The ship waiting there is a large bulk freighter, currently in the process of being loaded with cargo containers by lumbering hauler droids. It's not exactly an attractive vessel, looking a bit like an upturned clamshell with semi-cylindrical cargo bays clinging to the bottom, but it certainly looks spaceworthy.

The only people (biological people, anyway) immediately visible in the docking bay are a human customs official and the portly human man in a flightsuit he's speaking to - clearly the captain or a crew member based on his outfit and conversational partner.

kreenlover
2014-01-15, 04:43 PM
Joss approaches them, a smile on his face, then thinks better of it and steps back "Miss Alenka, you were the one who arranged the transportation, perhaps you should be the one to speak with them until the details of the trip have been sorted out"

Worgwood
2014-01-18, 02:55 AM
"What a piece of junk," Bythis harumphs as he studies the clam-shaped starship.

kreenlover
2014-01-18, 02:46 PM
"Please Bythis, Miss Alenka informs me that we have not in fact arranged passage on this ship yet. Please keep your disparaging comments to yourself"

He straightens his tunic and steps towards the duo and waits for a break in the conversation before speaking.

"Hello. My name is Joss Pathr. I would like to see about arranging passage for myself and my fellows aboard a starship headed to the Empress Teta system. Could you perhaps point me in the right direction to one?"

Nerd-o-rama
2014-01-20, 01:03 AM
The customs official walks off with datapad in hand and the flightsuited gentleman turns a slightly fixed-looking smile at the arriving group.

"Well, Lieutenant," he begins after a quick assessment of Joss's clothing, "I do happen to be making a cargo run coreward that has a stop at Cinnagar on the itinerary. That's if my humble transport is up to your standards, of course."

Unsurprisingly, he's looking at Bythis during the last part of the statement.

"'course I don't typically carry passengers, so I don't exactly have a set fee. Did you have an offer in mind?"

kreenlover
2014-01-20, 10:14 AM
"I am sure that your transport is in excellent condition. Padawan Bythis is not used to life outside the Temple yet, and has not seen many vehicles asides from the Jedi Order shuttles. Isn't that right Bythis?
"As for the fees, if you are already traveling there then how about 100 credits each? If that is not suitable then I am open to negotiation"

Nerd-o-rama
2014-01-20, 11:17 AM
"A hundred creds a head is certainly reasonable," the spacer says. He's still giving Bythis the stink-eye, though. "Then again, it's bad luck to carry Jedi lately. You never know who's going to come after them. I'm afraid I'd have to charge 200 apiece for hazardous cargo."

Persuasion roll to haggle him back down to 100 per, if you want.

kreenlover
2014-01-20, 03:39 PM
"Be that as it may I am sure that I can find someone who will take us for 125 credits apiece if 100 is too low"

Nerd-o-rama
2014-01-20, 07:03 PM
"A hundred fifty apiece, and I'll serve drinks. Not the good stuff, mind you."

He sticks out his hand to shake.

kreenlover
2014-01-20, 07:19 PM
"I got used to 'not the good stuff' in the army my friend. I will gladly share anything that you have to offer. 150 credits apiece it is"
Joss smiles and clasps the man's hand.

Nerd-o-rama
2014-01-20, 07:26 PM
"Good to hear." He shakes Joss's hand. "Captain Garm Sakoth, at your service. This is the Star of Trallus - don't blame me, I didn't name it and it costs too much to change the registration again. I hope you all brought your creds and your luggage because we're going to be lifting off in about fifteen minutes."

kreenlover
2014-01-20, 07:38 PM
"We have everything we need on our backs. Nice to meet you Captain. I'm Lieutenant Joss Pathr, currently not on active duty"

He bounces his backpack on his shoulder as he speaks, and fishes the credits out to pay the Captain with.

"If there is nothing else to do, I'll be boarding. Anywhere you want us to stay during takeoff?"

Nerd-o-rama
2014-01-24, 10:19 AM
Piling aboard the Star of Trallus and lifting off goes uneventfully, although a bit quickly. Captain Sakoth's obviously on a timetable.

The ship itself is mostly a large shell over bulky, indivdually sealed cargo containers. The cockpit and engineering sections are in a small pod near the fore of the ship (relatively; the habitable section is still almost as big as a small light freighter), along with the "passenger section", which is pretty clearly an additional small cargo hold that was converted to have comfortable seating, refresher facilities, and the kind of halfhearted decor that a spacer puts in his ship when he spends most of his brainpower memorizing hyperspace routes and doing mental accounting.

The captain is apparently a solitary operator, as your needs (and the ship's) are seen to by a pair of slightly dented but friendly T3-series astromechs. After the standard hour or so it takes an honest businessman to clear Coruscant's orbital security, though, the captain heads back to the passenger section to chat.

"Coruscant to Teta isn't a long trip," he explains, "and it's even shorter when you folks have the good sense to fly with a cargo hauler instead of one of those fancy starliners. Don't have much in the way of entertainment though, 'cept a Pazaak table."

"Now that we're away from curious types, though, what exactly are you all heading Coreward for? I'd just like to know if I need to keep an eye out for anything, is all."

kreenlover
2014-01-24, 11:13 AM
Joss looks at the others for a moment, his eyebrow raised in a silent question before turning back to the Captain
"I would love a game of pazaak later if you don't mind. I'm better at dejarik, and we played sabaac in the army, but I'm not bad at pazaak.
"As for why we are heading coreward we are on a, well, I guess you could say its a diplomatic mission. You'd have to ask the Padawans for the details. I'm more along to help coordinate their efforts, to be the Republic liason, and to help out with my piloting skills should they be needed"

Blackdrop
2014-01-24, 11:51 AM
"Truth be told, our mission isn't terribly exciting. Simple data recovery, nothing more. Referring to it as diplomatic mission is perhaps being a bit generous."

Worgwood
2014-01-25, 04:32 AM
Bythis finds a comfortable place to sit and then immediately proceeds to beckon to one of the astromechs, trying to catch its attention the way you might try to catch a cat's attention.

"It's important enough that they're sending Jedi, but not so pressing that they're sending Knights. I doubt you'll have any reason to be concerned with us on board, Captain."

Nerd-o-rama
2014-01-25, 11:06 AM
The captain smirks a little at the mention of Sabacc. "Call me superstitious, but playing a game of chance with fortune-telling cards always struck me as asking for trouble. Besides, do you know how much one of those randomizers costs?"

The astromech warbles something in binary at Bythis and spins around, curious. The other one chatters at it, then goes to do something with the astrogation computer in the next room.

"Anyway," the Captain continues, "if it's all that boring, I guess I can relax. I started taking Core runs to stay away from trouble in the first place. We'll be in Hyperspace in a couple of minutes and in Cinnagar in a few hours."

kreenlover
2014-01-25, 02:31 PM
"Excellent news Captain! Yes, the randomizers do cost quite a bit, but we had a custom droid with us that ran the games from its processor. I don't really know where it came from, but it hung out with our battalion"

Worgwood
2014-01-26, 02:14 AM
Bythis, at this juncture, completely loses himself to the conversation. Instead he devotes his full attention to the astromech, gesturing and making faces at it like he were trying to befriend an animal.

Blackdrop
2014-01-26, 07:17 PM
"While this is an interesting...", Dailynn at this point notices Bythis making faces at the astromech droid. He pauses for a moment to observe his fellow padawan before continuing. "...An interesting conversation, is their by chance a quiet location on the ship where I might meditate, Captain?"

kreenlover
2014-01-26, 09:07 PM
"And I would love a game, and a cup of whatever you have to offer before we arrive. And, if there is anything I can do to help this game go more smoothly, I would be more than happy to help"

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-01-26, 09:25 PM
"Dejarik is more my game, but Pazaak is good as well."

Nerd-o-rama
2014-02-06, 06:23 PM
"There's some small sleeper compartments back that way," Sakoth says to Dailynn, trying his hardest to ignore Bythis. "A big ship like this is never exactly quiet, but I usually don't hear complaints."

Meanwhile, Bythis's new astromech friend mostly just chitters in a confused fashion, unsure what this strange organic is trying to communicate. It leaves and returns with drinks, handing one to Bythis first on the assumption that he probably needs one.

"Well, we'll get underway then. The T3s here have the drinks, and I'll be back in a few if anyone wants to play a game," the captain announces. With that, he goes back to the cockpit to get the ship into hyperspace.

Anyone who wants to play Pazaak with the captain for money can make a Gambling check, otherwise I think we're good to skip ahead.

The trip is relatively short, given Coruscant's proximity to the Core and the Star's questionably upgraded hyperdrive, and the ship arrives in the Empress Teta system without incident in a few hours. The system's eponymous capital world, formerly known as Koros Major, is a pretty, temperate world with significant cities visible, though obviously nowhere near the extent of the city-planet you just left. The planet's natural beauty from space is only slightly marred by the flotilla of Republic ships orbiting it.

Captain Sakoth, who'd returned to the cockpit to go through landing procedures, calls somewhat nervously over the ship's intercom a few minutes after entering orbital space. "Uh, Lieutenant? How's whatever your branch is at relations with the Navy? There's a Commander on the line with a serious aversion to letting anyone land today."

kreenlover
2014-02-06, 06:35 PM
"Uh oh. I'll be right there Captain!"
Joss looks at the others.
"Why do I feel like this simple data-retrieval mission just got a whole lot more complicated?"
Joss drops what hes doing, and runs to the cockpit.
"This is Lieutenant Joss Pathr of the Republic Military, former pilot in Starfighter Command. May I ask why our transport is being delayed Commander? I understand that the information may be sensitive"

Nerd-o-rama
2014-02-06, 06:53 PM
"Commander Antilles, Republic Navy attached to the system garrison for Empress Teta," the voice on the other end of the ship's communicator introduces himself. "As I was attempting to explain to your excitable freighter captain, there's no civilian traffic allowed into or out of this planet as of two standard hours ago. There's a situation at Cinnagar Spaceport that we are currently in the process of resolving."

Looking out the Star's viewports now that it's very close to the planet, there does seem to be quite a bit of stacked up traffic in a holding pattern.

"Unless former-Starfighter-Command has any tactical input, I suggest you settle in. This may take a few days."

kreenlover
2014-02-06, 07:10 PM
"Command Antilles. That is regrettable. I hope that you are able to clear the problem up without any loss of life. In the meantime I'd be happy to give any tactical input I think of, if I had a few more details"
Joss quickly switches off the transmitter, and looks at the captain.
"Captain, is this ship equipped for landing in rural areas? Jungles, beach, field landings? If so then perhaps we could arrange to land in a locale other than the port"

Blackdrop
2014-02-06, 10:47 PM
Dailynn arrives on the bridge.

"Do we know what the problem is on the surface?"

Worgwood
2014-02-06, 10:57 PM
Bythis enters behind Dailynn and looks around.

"Problem? We're Jedi on Jedi business. We should tell them so. Besides which, given this planet's unique history, they may appreciate our assistance."

kreenlover
2014-02-07, 04:13 PM
"I had not told him that no. I figured that it would be best to not start by making demands right away, to perhaps see if we can help before we pull rank"
He flips the switch to transmit, nods his thanks to the Captain and speaks into the microphone.
"Commander Antilles? Lieutenant Pathr again. I apologize for cluttering the comm traffic, but we do have two Jedi aboard this ship who have offered their services in helping to clear up the problem"
He looks round at Bythis and Dailynn, and adds "I should mention that they are Padawans, not full Knights, but are accomplished enough to be dispatched on a mission without supervision"

Nerd-o-rama
2014-02-07, 11:13 PM
Captain Sakoth looks dubious. "This tub isn't really designed with emergency landings in mind. I could put her down safely in a large lake or an ocean, maybe, but I'm not going to do that unless I absolutely have to, or someone fronts me the credits to haul my cargo overland from wherever we put down."

The comm breaks in after Joss's next comment.

"Jedi?" the Commander sounds surprised. "They might be what we need here. Let me pass that up the chain of command..."

A minute or so passes before Antilles raises the ship again.

"Captain Gama is speaking with negotiators on the ground right now, but I've been authorized to give you clearance to land if your passengers are willing to assist the Republic garrison in defusing a hostage situation. Allow me to secure this channel, and I'll give you the details."

The Republic briefing is, in summary, that for the past several months a local fringe group called Citizens Against Tyranny has been staging peaceful demonstrations against the continuation of Republic martial law in the Empress Teta system, which has been in place de facto since the end of the Great Sith War. Within the last few standard hours, the group moved from peaceful protest to armed insurrection, seizing several key areas of Cinnagar city by simultaneous assault and holding captured Republic military personnel and civilians hostage. Their demands were issued by the group's leader, a Twi'lek businessman named Jor A'tak and consist solely of the lifting of martial law and immediate withdrawal of all Republic-affiliated troops from the Empress Teta system.

The Republic's current primary objective is to negotiate a hostage release for a lesser concession or, failing that, rescue all hostages and neutralize armed resistance from Citizens Against Tyranny. Secondary objectives are to investigate and neutralize the source of the group's military-grade weapons and to find out why their method of operation became violent overnight. Captain Gama, commanding officer of the planet's Republic garrison, estimates that even apprentice Jedi could be of great assistance with any of these objectives, especially backed by a Republic liaison and any other professionals who wish to volunteer.

Worgwood
2014-02-08, 12:04 AM
"A fair price to land." Bythis looks to Dailynn next. "Besides, this is what we're training to do, isn't it?"

Blackdrop
2014-02-08, 01:53 AM
"Indeed it is." Dailynn replys to Bythis.

Dailynn takes a step up to the intercom.

"Captain Antilles? This is Padawan Dailynn, we would be honored to assist you."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-02-08, 10:52 AM
"Sounds good."

kreenlover
2014-02-08, 02:47 PM
"It is unanimous then. Where shall we land, and which of the objectives would you like us to start on first? Finding the cause of their violent behaviour could lead to a peaceful resolution, but in the time it takes us to find out the situation could escalate. Unless of course we split into multiple teams"

Worgwood
2014-02-09, 12:54 AM
"As Jedi, I think Dailynn and I have a responsibility to first mediate a peaceful resolution between CAT and the Republic forces. The two of you," he says specifically to Joss and Alenka, "undoubtedly have experience we would benefit from on that front. Investigation should be our secondary priority."

He glances at Dailynn before continuing.

"But if we do think it prudent we divide our attention... well, as I said earlier, I'm not much of a negotiator. I'd be much better suited to investigation. But at least one Jedi should be present at the negotiations."

Blackdrop
2014-02-09, 02:20 AM
"Hmm, each objective is equally important. While the safe release of the hostages is paramount, learning why the group's motives have suddenly changed may prevent further escalation."

He stops and ponders for a moment before continuing.

"I think it would be prudent to split up. Lieutenant Pathr and I should negotiate the release of the hostages, while Bythis and Miss Alenka try and gather information on the dissident's motives and source of equipment. "

kreenlover
2014-02-09, 10:15 AM
"That is agreeable to me, so long as Captain Antilles is fine with it, or unless Captain Gama feels that the situation requires two Jedi"
Joss begins to check over his weapons, making sure that both his blater pistols are loaded.
"In case the situation turns sour I have had hand to hand combat training, so I will have no need of a weapon. How are you at fighting without your lightsaber Dailynn? This is of course in case we need to make a quick exit. We do not want to leave the CAT with more hostages"

Worgwood
2014-02-09, 03:08 PM
"One last thing, before we land. Given the information Grandmaster Mical gave us, this sudden armed revolution seems almost too timely. We should consider the possibility, if nothing else, of Krath influence. Or perhaps rivals in our mission to retrieve these charts." He shrugs. "Or it may only be by the will of the Force that we came when we did. Stay alert regardless. I'm going to fetch my bow."

Nerd-o-rama
2014-02-21, 11:56 PM
Once the plan is explained over the comm, Captain Gama sends his approval adding, via Commander Antilles, that he "just wants this over with without anyone getting killed or losing their jobs."

After some additional haggling on the ground, the rebels apparently agree to Jedi mediation - more quickly then you would expect if they were being controlled by a Dark Side cult, but then again, it could always be a trap. The Star is granted permission to land at a secured pad near the main entrance of the spaceport. Captain Sakoth immediately takes the offer, if only to get his ship on the ground.

"Now, at this point, I've gotten you here, so I'll just go ahead and stay on the ship with my gun pointed at the ramp until I get the all-clear to start offloading. I'd like to help and all, but I can't exactly make my return run if I take a terrorist blaster bolt to my backside," he explains.

Atmospheric re-entry is not a problem, though Sakoth sweats rather profusely when he realizes that defensive weapons are tracking your landing. Regardless, the big ship settles down onto one of the larger landing pads without a hitch.

"Thank you for this," Antilles relays over the comm. "We're not going to be able to reach you while you're off your ship, but just remember: freeing the hostages is the first priority. You can promise them amnesty and a chance to deal with the Senate if the hostages are unharmed, but that's it from the Navy. I suggest you find some other way to neutralize them if they won't go with that, but that's a personal opinion and shouldn't be construed as an order. May the Force be with you...or luck, for Lieutenant Starfighter Command."

Sakoth finishes his checks, and the ramp goes down. Outside it's eerily quiet, but the Jedi can sense a feeling of tightly-wound wariness and aggression in the air with no effort at all.

kreenlover
2014-02-22, 09:17 AM
"Thank you Captain. I hope that this goes well, for all of us. I'd lock and seal the ship if I were you"
Joss then descends the ramp and eases his blasters in their holsters, switching one to stun.
"Well, let us be on our way. Padawan Dailynn and myself shall deal with the terrorists. When we are done, where will we find you Miss Alenka, Padawan Bythis? We should meet up at the Hyperspace Navigator's Guildhouse at nightfall? If we can make it of course. If you two are not there, then we shall follow after you. Does that sound agreeable to everyone?"

Worgwood
2014-02-22, 02:08 PM
Bythis shudders when he first feels the sensation in the Force. It's unpleasant and reminds him far too much of his time among the refugees. He uses Joss's question as an excuse to dismiss the pangs of fear in the back of his mind, though, and turns to the man with his usual serious expression.

"Maybe," he muses, "but I'd think it better to regroup before we advance on that front. We'll be in touch via commlink."

He glances around the spaceport. "I was expecting a stronger presence on the ground. My first thought was to search the residence of this Jor A'tak, but finding it and gaining access might not be as simple as I first thought."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-02-22, 02:15 PM
"You never know what kind of gossip you can find in a cantina." Alenka states as she checks her blaster. The Togruta puts her blaster rifle away "How good are you at asking around. I am good at it myself."

Worgwood
2014-02-22, 02:47 PM
"I suppose we're about to find out," Bythis says with something close to a smile.

kreenlover
2014-04-03, 06:32 PM
"Let us depart then. I feel that we have wasted too much time already when lives are at stake"
Joss salutes the others, and drawing his pistol, turns towards the nearest location where hostages are being held.

Artemciy
2014-04-15, 09:02 AM
The hot air of the old Koros brushed his face when Joss has left the ship. The planet of blue sky and yellow sand the Empress Tela was, and some of it was felt even in the secluded sections of the spaceport. The sun was burning steadily and its pressure for some would be a welcome change from the cool air of the ship.

Civillians where nowhere in sight, but service droinds have hurried to the freighter.
A weirdly but beautilfully adorned military has come to meet him. Gold plates of his armor reflected the sun.

"Captain Gama wants to see you", he offered and, giving a second look to the republic attire Joss wears, he stutters "are you the Jedi who has been sent to resolve the situation?"

kreenlover
2014-04-15, 09:33 AM
"Unfortunately not; I am Lieutenant Joss Pathr, at your service. The Jedi is with me, Master Dailynn"
Joss extends his hand for a friendly handshake.

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-15, 04:25 PM
"So, Bythis, what do you think our best move is?"

Worgwood
2014-04-16, 01:19 AM
"Get our target's address from the local constabulary, if they have it. Ask around the cantinas. Hopefully we'll learn enough that we can defuse this situation peacefully."

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-16, 01:29 AM
"Okay, we will do the former first. If they don't have the address, we will head to the Cantina."

Artemciy
2014-04-16, 05:39 AM
Alenka and Bythis

Hearing the word “cantina” the captain of the Star glances at Alenka and starts to say something then, looking at Bythis, thinks better of it.

The premonition comes to haunt Bythis even more, nagging as if there was an immediate danger.

Joss and Dailynn

You see worry going away from the human’s face, he begins to smile, meeting your hand… and staggers, caught a bolt from a long burst of blaster fire in his back. For a moment he is confused. You see the metal of his armor dropping in red molten bits to the sand. Then, pain and anguish register on his young face. He drops to one knee and turns toward the assailant, slowly drawing a lance-looking weapon from his back.

The shots were fired from cover. Even now its hard to notice the gand around the corner, you only see his hands, now setting a grenade. An elbow protrudes from another corner and another gand runs, firing, to your right.

Combat.
Everyone is aware (Alenka and Bythis are in cover and see the running gand).
Initiative, Alenka: [roll0], Bythis: [roll1], Daylinn: [roll2], Joss: [roll3].

Map (http://glim.ru/personal/RP/JediSecrets/121_map.jpeg) (don’t take it too literally), where
S - soldier in gold, C - captain,
A - Alenka, B - Bythis, D - Dailynn, J - Joss,
M - the welcoming party

kreenlover
2014-04-16, 05:15 PM
"Blast! Dailynn Fire now, 3'o'clock, shoulder level, shoot him!" Joss notices that his tactical advice is useless as Dailynn doesn't actually have a blaster...
So instead Joss turns briefly to rally his companions with a shout, and runs out so that he can get a shot at the Gand setting the grenade.
So, was going to use Reactionary Attack, but nobody with line of sight/line of effect has a blaster but me...

So, using Born Leader to grant the three of you a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls (as Joss continues to rattle off tactical advice and numbers and such) and then running up and left to get the guy in the middle out from behind cover, but to put myself behind cover from the top one. Thats 3 [up] and 1 [diagonal (up, left)] before firing at the Gand (is this the one setting the grenade? If so, great, if not, oh well)
Attack roll! [roll0]
Damage roll! [roll1]

Worgwood
2014-04-16, 09:50 PM
If Bythis had hair, it would be standing on end.

"Alenka -"

He begins to warn him companion, but is cut short when the shooting starts. Bythis whips around, unshouldering his bow and drawing a single arrow from the quiver at his hip. In a flash, he nocks the shot and fires it at the first and most immediate threat his eyes catch - the Gand.

Attacking the Gand with Bythis' arcbow.
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-16, 10:25 PM
Alenka raised her assault blaster rifle, she then fires at the northmost target she can hit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Artemciy
2014-04-17, 02:58 AM
Unfortunately the gand moves and lieutenant Pathr's shot hits the dark stresscrete of the building, the superheated plasma making it bleed.

The wounded soldier fires a loose shot at the farthest gand.

Bythis fails to nick the running gand, but he would certainly notice an arrow speeding past him and clanking against the fence.
"You said it was a walk in the park mission", Sakoth says, aiming his blaster carefully and nailing the gand's unprotected hand, making him waver.

Alenka leans around the ship's hatch to make a shot, but the foe is in good cover, the shot goes off into the sand, which is ever present on Cinnagar with its dust winds.

M
+------------+
| |
| |
| |
| |
+------------+ M
J +---------+
| |
| |
--.,,, | |
`'., | |
`. | |
`' | |
`. | |
\ | |
,.., \ S | |
/ \ \ | |
/ \ D \ +---------+
| A| \ M
| B|= \
| C| |
,-, ,-, |
| \| |/ | |
| | | | |
`'' `'-` `'' |
|

Blackdrop
2014-04-18, 01:08 AM
After taking a moment to evaluate the field, Dailynn leaps into action, igniting his lightsaber and charging the gand to the far right.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Artemciy
2014-04-18, 06:30 AM
The wounded gand flees. He moves further south but facing only the fence of this section turns back and hides behind the building.
Dailynn, good roll, but with a speed of 6 squares your character fails to reach the adversary.

Faced with Joss and Alenka shooting at him, the second gand reconsider blowing the shuttle and toss the grenade at Joss instead, then backs away, fetching his rifle. The pause leads the grenade to explode in the sky, but close enough to Joss to scrape him.
Attack 16, damage 7 (area of effect, halved).

A shot from the north burns another hole in the soldier’s armor. He stands and runs to the nearest cover. Gritting his teeth, eyes wide, he leans back and fires, trying to suppress the enemy.

Captain Sakoth charges down the ramp crying “Who told you that you can shoot at my ship!”
He prowls north, ready to fire.

M
+------------+
| |
| |
| |
| |
+------------+ M
J +---------+
| |
| |
--.,,, | |
`'., | |
`. | |
`' | |
`. | |
\ | |
,.., \ | |
/ \ \ | |M
/ \ \ +---------+
| A| C \ S D
| B|= \
| | |
,-, ,-, |
| \| |/ | |
| | | | |
`'' `'-` `'' |
|

Force users are welcome to spend a swift action on a Perception check.

kreenlover
2014-04-18, 11:13 AM
Joss grimaces as the grenade detonates at looks around for allies, but none are close enough to be of help.
"Someone come help me! I've got two over here, vs the one over there, and this is a better angle to hit them from!"
Joss sights down his barrel again, and fires at the same Gand, even as he drops to one knee.

Yah, so, if someone is within six squares of me I can get them an extra attack against someone who attacks me, or them.
Just saying.

Is he still in range? or does he has cover? If he has cover Joss will run backwards, back to the other wall, and try and shoot at the far guy.

attack roll [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Worgwood
2014-04-19, 03:57 AM
Bythis jogs forward, nocking an arrow to his bow as he goes. He aims down the shaft at the same Gand who just threw the grenade. The arrow thrums menacingly as its explosive tip arms. Confident that he has a better shot on the enemy this time, Bythis exhales slowly - and releases the shot.

Standard action: fire at target (Gand).
Move action: move 6 squares towards Joss.
Swift action: Perception check.
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Perception
[roll2]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-19, 08:29 AM
Alenka moves on the double to get to the corner of the top left piece of cover to get into flanking position

Long stride talent increases my base speed to 8. 2 move actions makes it 16

Artemciy
2014-04-19, 09:53 AM
Droids chatter in binary, probably asking the guests not to shoot in the facility.

Bythis hits the sand running, only to notice that his intended target is nowhere in sight. He feels, rather than sees, another gand, in full cover to the north. Using his bolt’s unique ability he does a ricochet shot, which goes very well all things considering, but the gand is shorter than a usual target would be. The sound of explosion is heard far to the north.

Joss misses his target and crouches, trying not to be an easy target for the gand who now looks at him down the barrel.

Alenka moves like a wind, trying to flank the northern adversary, only to come face-to-face with another gand who was prowling stealthy along the wall. She wasn’t expecting an opposition and misses her chance to attack.
And is now flat-footed.

M
+------------+
| |
| |
M| |
A| |
+------------+ M
J +---------+
| |
| |
--.,,, | |
`'., | |
`. | |
`' | |
`. | |
\ | |
,.., \ | |
/ \ B | |M
/ \ \ +---------+
| | C \ S D
| |= \
| | |
,-, ,-, |
| \| |/ | |
| | | | |
`'' `'-` `'' |
|

Worgwood
2014-04-22, 11:01 PM
Bythis snaps another quarrel out of his quiver and nocks it to the bow. He closes his eyes for a brief moment, feeling out his target again - this time searching deep into the Force before he fires.

Two swift actions to aim. Then I'm firing as a standard action. Bythis' bow has a scope, so if the target is at long range, then the range category should be reduced.
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

Artemciy
2014-04-23, 04:08 AM
Dailynn stops at the corner and does a quick pick. Sure enough, the gand have prepared an ambush, his rifle’s aim jumping to where the Dailynn’s head just been. The human peeks again, hand outstretched towards the gand’s rifle. Gand manages a nervous burst, one bolt grazing Dailynn’s shoulder, before his rifle is pulled away from his hand.
A second gand stands father to the north, firing at the padawan, who quickly jumps away.
-1hp and Dailynn now has a blaster rifle (3d8).

The soldier keeps firing at the gand, filling the air with stray shots.

Captain see Joss under fire and runs to him. “I’m coming” he shouts.

The gand jibs from Alenka. Almost reluctantly he raises his rifle which spews a burst of liquid fire but in amazing display of gun fu she evades the onslaught.

The northerner chooses this moment to leave his cover and run to Joss, getting a wild shot at him ‘round the corner. He didn’t expect Pathr to be crouched, however, and his squirt goes wide.
Another gand keeps firing at Joss from the east leaving a few hot marks on the wall and nearly hitting his pal.

Arrow flies silently from Bythis’s bow and now is resting safely in his backpack, as if some fashion designer has put it there. It is no longer enveloped in energy, though, giving the gand quite a tickle. No wonder he looks surprised, twiddling his head.

Round 2 was very lucky to the party, almost no damage.
Round 3 began, with Bythis doing the first move.
Daylinn, Joss and Alenka still have their move in this round.

+------------+
| |
M| |
| |
A| |
+------------+M M
C J +---------+
| |
| |
--.,,, | |
`'., | |
`. | | M
`' | |
`. | |
\ | |
,.., \ | |
/ \ B | |M
/ \ \ +---------+
| | \ S D
| |= \
| | |
,-, ,-, |
| \| |/ | |
| | | | |
`'' `'-` `'' |
|

kreenlover
2014-04-23, 04:50 PM
"Blast, thats a bit too close"
Joss spins his pistol and fires at the Gand point-blank, hoping to shoot it before it can hurt him more.

Attack! [roll0]
Damage! [roll1]

Also, how many Gand have been hit, and which ones? Just a bit confused about that...
And the one in the bottom left now has no blaster rifle?

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-23, 06:25 PM
Alenka moves around the gand she bumped into and gets into cover behind the corner. She then peeks around and fires.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Artemciy
2014-04-24, 04:39 PM
"Day" wonders at the rifle in his hand, seriously tempted to make a shootout like in the holomovies. Wistfully he throws the gun away and, nonplussed, crosses the safety of the corner. Immediately he rolls to avoid any enemy fire and closing the distance between himself and the gand, now fumbling with a detonator. Trying to keep it between himself and another short one he fails miserably to slice at the elusive bastard. He moves the light-blade right back at it but the gand skillfully side-steps. Loud clicks of another gand are replaced with silence as it realises that the detonator now lies on the ground.

Amour (the gand with the arrow in his backpack) manages to come to his senses and hides in the blank area behind the corner where Joss can’t see without losing his own cover to another one. Speaking of which, captain Sakoth is standing, feet wide, angling for a shot to the south. He proves to be good at it by scoring another hit. The gand cries an angry harpsichord and shoots back, bolts painting faces red.
Distracted by Bythis and the soldier the Northerner is returning fire.

Alenka hits her gand, rolling him around. Having no cover he is at a disadvantage and prefers to leave the line of fire.

The thermal detonator goes off reducing the xeno to ash. But not before Dailynn jumps away, his legs caught in the explosion. He lie moaning and disoriented. Gand trooper stands watching the crater with awe and horror.

A
+------------+
| |
| |
| |
| |
+------------+M M
M C J +---------+
| |
| |
--.,,, | |
`'., | |
`. | | M
`' | |
`. | ,-,
\ | | |
,.., \ | | |
/ \ B | `''
/ \ \ +---------+
| | \ S D
| |= \
| | |
,-, ,-, |
| \| |/ | |
| | | | |
`'' `'-` `'' |
|

Worgwood
2014-04-24, 10:23 PM
Bythis calls out above the sounds of the blaster-fire. "Captain, return to your ship and radio the Republic! Alert them we're being attacked!"

Bythis fires another arrow at the Gand to the north - again taking time to aim before he does.

Two swift actions to aim. Standard action to attack.
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]

kreenlover
2014-04-25, 04:34 PM
Joss spins around and fires around the captain at far Gand.
"Captain, if they shoot at us, be prepared to fire back! I'm able to easily find holes in their defenses under those situations!"

Going to use 2 swift actions to aim at the far left gand to negate any cover penalties that there may be, then fire.

Attack! [roll0]
Damage! [roll1]

MichaelGoldclaw
2014-04-30, 02:57 PM
[roll0] attack (forget I get +1 if i move at least two squares in this case, moving to two squares to the left of the target (leaving a one square gap)
[roll1] damage

Alenka moves around the corner to get past the Gand's cover. She then fires at the Gand.

Artemciy
2014-05-01, 01:41 PM
A flock of birds has filled the sky, their cries rivaling the cries of the blasters.

Captain’s too busy to answer Bythins yet, thoughts flying thru his head.
Joss and Alenka fire together, frying the unlucky gand. Trying though, he fails to stand. His body smoking to the ether, forming an unlikely haunt.

Hearing lieutenant's fire not directed at himself, northerner performs a roll with a plan to kill them all, but the captain’s on guard give the gand particle shave earning a nasty cry. Figuring to screw it all crazed nord attempts a flight.

With a set of loud clicks farthest orders a retreat.

Daylinn tries to Pull the rifle but drops the head in defeat.

Captain’s caught some green fire licks, clothes part as if he was knifed.

The man in golden armor fires a bolt from his lance. The bolt itself is impressively long, more so than than of the standard rifles. The orange beam of energy miss the back of the running lord of flies. It only hits him in the shoulder. The bold comes right thru, though, and the Amour collapses.

+------------+
A | | ↑
| | m ↑
| | M
| |
+------------+
m J +---------+
C | | ↑
| | M
--.,,, | |
`'., | |
`. | |