PDA

View Full Version : Thufir Hawat build (3.5)

dali_ance
2013-11-21, 12:15 AM
I'm trying to throw together a playable build for a character filling the same archetype as Thufir Hawat. My character is going to be the older brother of a character from a previous campaign, who became a lich at the behest of Vecna. I'm interested in Thufir's Mentat status, as well as his title of Master of Assassins. The campaign is a good balance of RP and combat.

Besides Thufir Hawat, inspirations for this character include Dr. Strangelove, Iggy Pop, Varys from A Song of Ice and Fire, and Newt from Pacific Rim.

My tentative build is Archivist 14/Loremaster 3/Assassin 3. Cloistered Cleric is another potential I'm pretty sure that's possible. Psionics are allowed. I'm open to revisions, but I will acknowledge upfront that it will be difficult to optimize this build. I want him to be a different flavor of skill monkey, one who can supplement his considerable talents with powerful divine casting. I like to play wily, know-it-alls with philosophical bents.

Also, I don't have all my books with me, so alternatives to Loremaster would be nice. I like the bookish flavor of that class, though.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-11-21, 12:26 AM
I'd think Factotum would work well for a mentat, being all about the brains and the skills.